3Rd Person View Feedback

2021 replies to this topic

#61 Tabrias07

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

It's ok that assaults can't see their legs, new players aren't supposed to be in assaults anyway. </s>

#62 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

I feel like PGI and Paul LIED about 3PV. However, this seems to be a consistent pattern of behaviour and I probably shouldnt have been surprised. Either people over at PGI have no consistent plan or there is some intentional deceit going on.

You can only let people down so much before they become upset and no longer give you the benefit of the doubt.

#63 Qrbaza

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostIceSerpent, on 20 August 2013 - 11:14 AM, said:

You can disagree all you want, but the difference between test and live is that test is "not for real". I.e. you test drive a new car before you shell out the cash, testing of an online store doesn't make your bank account any lighter, etc. Once you get to the "all purchases are final" stage, it's not a test any more.

Actualy law states that you can request  for refund for damaged goods and/if goods were not delivered for various reasons. Ive have done it many times on steam and gog and other online games. Law dont support "all purchases are final" made up rules by supplyers. If they dont want to refund you can request for "compensation claim" (dont know how to translate) in court.

About 3pv. If you force on 3pv atleast dont handicap the view. People (mainly newbies) want 3pv couse they dont know how to pilot legs and and twist tosro especialy in battle. They get confused so they need a good look at legs. So at curent state you can only see hips and that isnt enaugh. And YEAH forcing 3pv  on people depsite it was promised we will not be forced is half baked idiocracy!!

Edited by Qrbaza, 20 August 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#64 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

We're here to Beta Test so here's my feedback.
So I launched a game and while piloting in 3rd Person mode...I quickly become nauseated and dizzy, not unlike how the reticule in the crosshairs would shake violently when jump jets were nerf a couple of months ago.
My Mech felt ungainly and moving without bumping into teammates or buildings was trying.
I felt motion sickness that came on very quickly and I mean right quick.
I then switched back to 1st Person mode but that nauseated feeling still lingers.
On the other hand while stationary and in testing grounds I was fine.
Please fix this if at all possible as the biggest obstacle is motion sickness. Just my opinion.

Edited by Delas Ting Usee, 20 August 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#65 Tundara

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

The loss of your mini-map actually makes your tactical awareness smaller. The -only- advantage I have noticed is being able to peak over a hill without presenting a target. But, as someone pointed out to me; Seismic Sensors do that already. Plus, you don't loose your mini-map.

Toss in the fact that 3ppov gives me motion sickness and yeah, I am not touching it.

Bright side! Red Blinky Lights pointing down at the enemy! \o/

#66 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

View Postzwanglos, on 20 August 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Hmm, let's see if this works:

PGI, third person view makes me nauseous! The way the camera bounces around while using 3PV also makes my lower back hurt! Get rid of it now!

Third person in games does make me sick. I need to play in first person.

#67 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

View PostDelas Ting Usee, on 20 August 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

We're here to Beta Test

No, we're here to be meat-buckets, feeding into their flawed data-collection-matrix.

They neither want your feedback, nor care about it if you volunteer it.

#68 Warge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

It'll be the first time I stop playing MWO... till 1PV-only is back. If this will not happen I'll be forced ask to return all money I paid for PGI.

#69 MechMacaw

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

In 3rd person when you are moving, lasers bob up and down respectively to your mech, and your reticle moves, effecting accuracy. shouldn't it be like that in first person also? Also, if you are gonna have 3pv do it right. Don't hinder it so much because there is going to be a hardcore mode anyways. the view is too close to my mech I cant even see all of it or its in the way of enemies I'm shooting at. Position the camera more zoomed out and higher above the mech so its not in the way and so you can see all of it. The arm lock makes it even worse and feels so stiff

Edited by Steelbuns, 20 August 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#70 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostSteelbuns, on 20 August 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

In 3rd person when you are moving, lasers bob up and down respectively to your mech, effecting accuracy. shouldn't it be like that in first person also?

And this is the type of thing which will eventually make 3pv the only choice, not just a silly option.

#71 Thalynos

• Pip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOntairo, Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

Has anyone had issues not being able to toggle the view types? I also don't see a 'toggle 3rd person view' button in my options list in order to bind it to something.

#72 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

So not only can we not select 1st person only, you went ahead with the idiotic name of "hardcore"?

Still to much advantage given to third person view. It needs to be something that can only be toggled on for a few seconds at a time so you can align your movement better, but gives you no hud at all and preferably only allows you to see allied mechs.

#73 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

[Redacted]
hope other developers are taking notes here, of who's working on this and what not to do to your client/playerbase

Edited by Niko Snow, 20 August 2013 - 12:42 PM.
Unconstructive

#74 Gen Kumon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

Ignoring all the issues of PGI giving us misinformation and the angle of view being terrible for it's stated purpose...I'd like to reiterate what all the people who tested it on the test server said: It gives a huge advantage if you toggle it just to look over things and around corners. I've avoided several snipers so far by using it to look around cover before moving out. It's having a huge effect on balance and tactics.

#75 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

Where is the Hardcore mode? You can do your 3pv matches all you want, I do not like that mode. If the 3pv people get their mode, where is mine. "Hardcore" is the mode it has been the whole time the game has been playable(beta and such). Did you accidentally just lose it somewhere? patch: fail

Edit: Why did you even put it in in the first place?

Edit 2:
I also suppose I should add some actual feedback. It sucks. I did try it, never got to combat because of the tendancy for the crosshairs to "snap" onto a target, whether you want it too or not. So much for aiming like that. IMO, it's just completely **** poor for combat.

If it was meant to help with walking and manuvering, it's terrible for that too. I could only barely see the tops of my legs to tell which direction they were facing. I can manuver much easier in 1pv. The only ability it has is it can be used to see around obstacles, which is BS in my opinion.

You ended up making it exactly like you said it wouldn't be, then deny people the right to face opponents in 1pv only.

After designing, developing, and testing the MWO’s 3PV, we quickly realised that 3PV offered no significant advantage over 1PV. In fact we found each mode had pros and cons that played well with each other. This revelation changed our initial 3PV plans and we postponed Hardcore mode (separate queues for 1PV and 3PV), in favor of rethinking the idea and offering up a different solution that also addressed a few more community wish list items.
-Brian Ekman

TL;DR: We made a pointless view mode completely wasting talent and effort that could have been used preparing for release, and when we realized this we were too far along to give up on it. Live with it. We may or may not throw you a bone later.

Edited by Zekester81, 20 August 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#76 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostGen Kumon, on 20 August 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

PGI giving us misinformation

What a cute way of saying "PGI is lying to us". :)

#77 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

Pretty speechless really. Not only have you betrayed all the 1PV players but you have created yet another deathtrap for new players with 3PV from the 'shoot me' signs above their heads to loss of situational awareness etc.

I think there is a very real case you have mis sold and misrepresented this game which will launch in such a fundamentally unrecognisable form to what was promised that you leave yourself open to mass refunds of money spent by beta players.

#78 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

What the heck? wasn't this the whole point of 3PV? not only was this not fixed, it is now worse, camera is even closer to the mech not showing any leg. in Most of the mechs now

I can only see my legs in light mechs. No FOV changes.

#79 seymourbalzac

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostTabrias07, on 20 August 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

http://www.competiti.../eng/03133.html

I'm emailing IGP and asking for a refund of every penny I've spent on this game. I'm not playing it again anyway. (unless they add a 1PV queue, but I sincerely doubt it will ever happen.)

Thank you for posting this, I am seriously considering doing this myself. The only reason why I kept spending money on this game is because they told us we would never have to play with 3pv [Redacted[

Edited by Niko Snow, 20 August 2013 - 12:39 PM.
Insults

#80 Thuzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

I don't even know where to start. PGI completely went back on their word again.

How hard would it have been to actually implement separate ques the way they said they would? Or delay 3pv until that part was ready? Or spend their development resources on CW instead of an unbalanced gimmick?

Combined with the economy updates from 2 weeks ago and the egregiously bad balance issues, it feels like I'm being actively trolled.

Congrats PGI. Just one year ago I was squealing like a little girl in excitement for this game. I may have been eating Ramen, but I was still willing to throw money at it (bought packages for myself and my friends too). Now I can't even bring myself to play a match. Job well done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users