Kintaro Mech - Your Thoughts

92 replies to this topic

#81 Revorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

The CT Fix made the Situation a bit better. Imho.

AMS (becauser the Kint is Big) and BAP (because i use 4 LRM5 Atremis) in every Kint,

#82 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

It'll make a great LRM boat.

#83 Win Ott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Southern Reach

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Better than just an LRM platform; these mechs play more than one role in the battle. Here is my score in a game today, using my KTO-20, "Kamakiri" (2 LL, 2 ML, 3 SSRM2, 15 DHS, XL300, BAP).

Posted Image

Edited by Win Ott, 07 September 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#84 ExplodedZombie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA, U.S.A.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

Kintaro doesn't seem the best choice for short-ranged combat. LRMs? I am KILLING it. Best K/D ratio of any mech I have, which is odd bc I should be on the FBI's most-wanted list for a few of my Victor performances.

#85 Navy Sixes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationHeading west

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

I don't run one myself, but I think it's interesting how many people say a given mech is bad when it first comes out, and what you see on the battlefield confirms it... at first. Then, over the passing weeks strategies and styles-of-play develop, and before long, there are players out there that can make that "DOA" work. Kint's got some CT issues, but I've seen some pretty nasty customers driving them.

I've seen three mechs introduced since I started playing. (9 if you count phoenix/sabre; before it's even hit the ground there are already a lot of people calling the Griffin a dog.) Two things I've learned are that you really can't drive any mech for a weekend and decide whether-or-not it's "bad," and if it fits your style of play and you're dedicated to making it work, any mech can be potent.

#86 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

I played and mastered the Quickdraw so iv got some experience with fast , insanely oversized smaller mechs and given the obvious faction preference I picked up all three of the cbill kintaros couple days ago. Once iv mastered them and see what they can really do i'll look into maybe writing up a thread something like my quickderp article and give my impressions, thoughts and builds.

For now though im banging my head against the keyboard as I try to muscle through a missile/energy based mech with two variants that dont come with DHS, saving money hurts my soul.

#87 JagerShots

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

I'm the guy with the stupid fast KTO-18 5SSRM 2MLas xl360 I just love when i get another medium 1 on 1. :)

Posted Image

#88 Pirate2Ninja

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

I like to use my kto18 as a light hunter- 360XL 5xSSRM2 and 1XLL+Tag or 2xML. Avoid the big boys as long as you can and look for those cheeky lights that don't have support. The 360XL lets you follow long enough typically to take out a leg and finish them. Lock target and fire streaks as fast as you can and use MLs to take out the weakest limbs. That many streaks get me +400 damage easy

Edited by Pirate2Ninja, 12 September 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#89 Sirez

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

I run four streaks and two large lasers and do well in just about every match. I seem to have surprising sustainability even after losing CT armor. Tried it as an LRM boat and hated it, but I'm enjoying it a lot more as a hit and run mech. I haven't even put an XL in it (personally don't like using XLs except on light mechs) and I still do okay with hunting lights down. Obviously not as well as the faster mechs, but even so.

It's a fun mech, and that's all that I really care about.

#90 JagerShots

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

Yeah.. it's not perfect but it fits my playstyle/challenge requirements. Can't ask for much more than that.. other than a basic color set for Cbills.. (seriously.. c'mon.. we've spent enough money...)

Edited by JagerShots, 12 September 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#91 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

I'm currently quite liking the durability on the Master Chief. Seems to spread damage out pretty well, and missile bay doors on the CT help even more. It's still way too big in general, though.

#92 _demir

• PipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Very effective mech in pairs with the 5 ssrm2 build. Got routed a few times this weekend while they danced around me w/ non stop screen shake.

#93 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostRed Line Pilot, on 05 September 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

Would you consider running that with a STD300 instead of XL360? It will go 97 instead of 116 then.

Prolly only in 1v1 duels, like in MWO arena, Then prolly a even slower engine like a std 295.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users