Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 22 August 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

lol I think if you want a goon invasion, a banner could be put up and it would exceed way over 1500 WoL members. I mean if numbers are all you care about. I care more about the message, even if it was only half a dozen because I care about MW:O

When those numbers are used as the basis for the legitimacy of your campaign, then yes, accuracy matters.

I care about MWO just as much as you. I haven't seen anything that makes me doubt the future of the game.

#43 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Look, we are doing our thing. If you don't agree that's fine, numbers are always arbitrary. I care more about the message and as for the FWLM guy tell Grizzly Viking to come in here. He is part of multiple communities and a great voice of reason. He has seen what terrible decisions can happen in mech games and the consequences. If you also have an opinion then voice it, this is a forum open to all not some hate fest for PGI.

#44 AvatarofWhat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 591 posts
  • LocationAntares

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

trying to connect to the server but can't. B)

Edited by AvatarofWhat, 22 August 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#45 B4nd1T

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

same here B)

#46 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

I do want to remind everyone that we literally cannot get them on board for anything we say if anyone is going to directly insult them.

Speak about the actions and facts, leave the PGI hate at the door.

You cannot convince someone to listen to your point if you start every sentence with "I @#$%ing hate you, Now listen here..."

#47 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

townhall #3 was the best one yet. have a listen when it comes up. Thanks Anders and all who participated.

#48 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 22 August 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

townhall #3 was the best one yet. have a listen when it comes up. Thanks Anders and all who participated.

But I didn't get to talk!

Oh... Right. ;)

#49 Markoxford

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

K - and what battletech game are we going to play once you have bitched this one into the ground ??

Positive and constructive criticism is much more "adult" than this embarrassing, childish crying.

Anyhow, my opinion not those of my company or community.

#50 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostMarkoxford, on 22 August 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

K - and what battletech game are we going to play once you have bitched this one into the ground ??

Positive and constructive criticism is much more "adult" than this embarrassing, childish crying.

Anyhow, my opinion not those of my company or community.

Did you even listen to the meeting?

I left the first when someone came on to basically say "We hate Paul."

This one was very civil.

For the most part, I see as many "childish" posts from the supporters as I do the 'haters.'

But that's just, like, my opinion. Man.

#51 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

Did anyone try to get any news of this latest debacle on some outside sites? Anything with some larger audience, seems like last time forums went up in flames they doused it with "reorganization", too little time before launch to do something like that. Maybe if they get embarrassed again in the gaming press they might listen. I know I dream. ;)

#52 MechFrog1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 630 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

I'd just like to note that if we learned anything from tonight's townhall, the players who cared enough to show up love Mechwarrior, Battletech, and desperately want MWO to be a successful game. Even after everything that we've been put through, to show up and have a rational discussion about how we can reach PGI to change things for the better...

I applaud you all and want you to know that i've never been so proud to be part of a gaming community in my 25 years of computer gaming.

Edited by mint frog, 22 August 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#53 Miekael

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationNevada, USA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

Great work guys and good meeting. I am glad to hear from everyone that had attended and spoke. This has been an amazing time working with you guys. Let's hope for the best.

#54 Lazy Eye

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hi, just my usual clarification post re: what we're ACTUALLY about (as opposed to what "outsiders" say we're about).

I ("we") love MechWarrior and BattleTech. And while angry, disappointed and generally pessimistic about the current trajectory of MWO, we still believe that it can be turned-around and we're still open to talking specifics about what we would like and why.

And this is not just "we know best", it's that we have a specific perspective based on our experience of other games and other MW titles and we can explain why it wouldn't just be good for for us, but it would also be good (in our opinions) for the game as a whole and how that could be used to differentiate MWO from the competition.

We don't just want "another FPS" we've had enough of them over the past decade, we want something genuinely different. It is achievable and it is also possible to do with mass-market appeal without having to seriously dumb-down/strive for the lowest-common-denominator (which is where I/"we" feel it's currently heading).

#55 Big STRETCH

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:50 PM

Anyone have a link so I can hear tonight's meeting?

#56 Dustmuffins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:09 AM

View PostBig STRETCH, on 22 August 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Anyone have a link so I can hear tonight's meeting?

http://www.twitch.tv...remwo/c/2800574

Would be good if you could put it in the OP Anders.

#57 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:23 AM

So, how many people showed up for this?

#58 Duncan Longwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

Thanks for keeping this going and keeping my last shred of hope alive.

I think the blackout demonstration is the best way to try to get noticed before release. I feel like they won't notice the drop in cash flow from MC purchases for a month or two and by that time it could be too late; the game will be subject to the mercy of the critics. If they can alienate those who love mechwarrior so much, I would hate to see what someone with even a neutral opinion of the IP and a razor-tongue would have to say about what is getting shoveled out of PGI and called a "release".

I'm still on the fence about getting the phoenix pack refunded... I'm gonna give myself a couple weeks to think on that one.

I'm a pugger and I stopped playing after the combo of ghost heat and c-bill nerf. I have been avoiding finding a unit because there is no meta-game for team players and I didn't want to get into a situation where I felt compelled to drop solely for maintaining unit cohesion and group health.

Hearing that units are losing players is really disheartening, but I can't say I don't understand. The friend who got me involved back in December left in May; this is after begging and cajoling me that I "had to play this game!" for a number of weeks. I've gotten two steam friends to try the game and even put some money down for MC, but neither lasted more than a month because of frustration with the interface and lack of compelling content.

So from my limited experience with the social aspect of this game, I still personally know of 4 paying customers they have lost. I am the only one who they may not have lost for good, but I have no reason to log back in.

#59 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...vs-45-answered/

Question form GaussDragon: Are you (PGI) going to make an official response to the two #saveMWO Town Hall events that have taken place? One of the common grievances was lack of communication and that #saveMWO was created partly as a response to an inadequate communication process. Are there any initiatives to improve this and to reach out to greater cross sections of the community?

Answer from PGI: We are acutely aware of the #saveMWO group. As with all feedback/suggestions, whether it be from groups or individuals, we weigh them all equally and work through the pros and cons of the suggestions. We cannot move forward with all suggestions made and we have to keep in mind our original goals of the game… bringing the IP back to life and making the game fun for as many people as possible, not just the core group (which is who the majority of #saveMWO is). While we do actively listen to our core group (and as mentioned, we cannot follow up with every suggestion made), who we do value greatly, we have to keep in mind what is best for MWO in the long term, and that is attracting as many new players as possible.

What is a pleasant surprise is that most of the items suggested by #saveMWO have already been in development or under review. It takes a while for our 40 member staff to get these bigger features into the game and all we can do is ask for patience. It’s been a long road since Closed Beta and we are still striving to get our core features online. We have been prioritizing tasks based on the biggest impact for as many players possible. This is why we’re pushing to have things like improvements to the match maker and lobby move forward while getting things like tutorials and 3PV ready for the masses.

Our primary goal is to deliver a game we have always planned from the start. There have been, and will be more, course corrections over the lifetime of MechWarrior Online. That is one of the traits of F2P development. As the project matures, things change. The size and impact of changes are most drastic at the start of a project and become smaller and more content driven as time goes on. If there’s a need to implement a whole new segment to the game, it can be done as gradually as desired or as one large expansion type change.

We have been at fault in communications and Russ’ latest post on 3PV is a prime example of that. We learn from these mistakes and keep moving forward trying to correct as we do. There have been times when we expose too little information, and times where we expose too much too soon. We’re still trying to find that balance in between.

It’s great to share info on new features and upcoming releases (because we’re as excited as you are to see them in action), but if information is released too soon, a lot of opinions are formed on pure speculation and we just don’t have enough time in the day to keep answering all questions that may arise from a news release.

Posted Image

#60 Gemhadar

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 17 posts
  • Locationmontreal,quebec

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

what the hells going on? I'm in the midst of trying to buy MC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users