Und Update: 18/09/13

447 replies to this topic

#21 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

You do know it is not just your ideas in the community right? You do not even say what you like or do not like about what they have done. You do not say what you want them to do. Why in the world would I want to take part in something I have no information about. It is very possible I might not like your vision of what the game should be. And honestly the entire things sounds rather pompous. Not mention you just assume this is the best way to handle things. At least #saveMWO is trying to be clear about what they want and talk about it etc.

#22 Rashkae

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

Hey Whiz,

Sadly I am pessimistic about this for these reasons:

1. They ignore what the community wants
2. They keep referring to the "silent majority" (which must be leprechauns, really, they're that hard to find)

#23 Mista Whizzard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostXX Sulla XX, on 21 August 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

You do know it is not just your ideas in the community right? You do not even say what you like or do not like about what they have done. You do not say what you want them to do. Why in the world would I want to take part in something I have no information about. It is very possible I might not like your vision of what the game should be. And honestly the entire things sounds rather pompous. Not mention you just assume this is the best way to handle things. At least #saveMWO is trying to be clear about what they want and talk about it etc.

There are some of us that have been fighting since the beginning. Long before open beta. There are some of us who voice our opinions and pre-empted what has occurred in the last 6 months. There are some of us who know exactly what this initiative is about. The ideas that are being put forward by #savemwo are clear and conscise. What we are improving on here is the METHOD in which we demonstrate the number of customers who are unhappy.with what is happening. We are demonstrating that yes, there may be x people playing the game at any given time - but there are 2x, 3x, 4x people that are upset, and upset enough that they are no longer playing the game due to not only the games faults, but the faults of the devs and publishers also. The only way to do this is to allow PGI/IGP to measure this themselves.

They may infact be growing in "registered members" but how many are still actually playing the game? In closed beta, we used to have a counter showing how many users were online at any given time - that has long gone - Given that we are struggling to find premade 12 mans even in prime us time - i dont think they really want us to know the population of their servers anymore....

If you do not understand WHAT we want changed... i understand your hesitance, but right now I do not have the time to spell it out to you. I am NOT trying to undermind ANYTHING saveMWO has in mind, i am trying to compliment their efforts.

It is you that do not understand what is being proposed, please do not talk down to me. I will revisit the OP this evening and clarify further.

View PostRashkae, on 21 August 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

Hey Whiz,

Sadly I am pessimistic about this for these reasons:

1. They ignore what the community wants
2. They keep referring to the "silent majority" (which must be leprechauns, really, they're that hard to find)

Rash... I hear ya.

I cant just quit... I have to try. WE have to try. We need to show them the number of people they are ignoring. We need to show them we are the vocal majority.

I will not walk until I feel I have done everything I can to make them listen to all of us. Its just the way I feel man.

I gotta get back to work. I work for myself, and at this rate i will never get home tonight.

#24 Alex Gorsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,283 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

Not with these devs...

View PostMista Whizzard, on 21 August 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

Rash... I hear ya.

I cant just quit... I have to try. WE have to try. We need to show them the number of people they are ignoring. We need to show them we are the vocal majority.

I will not walk until I feel I have done everything I can to make them listen to all of us. Its just the way I feel man.

I gotta get back to work. I work for myself, and at this rate i will never get home tonight.

Agree!

Edited by Alex Gorsky, 21 August 2013 - 09:39 PM.

#25 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

Always willing to give it one last squawk.

#26 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:45 AM

I agree we need to do something other then making emails that never get read anyways. It would be nice if we could organize the community in as big a mass as possible.

#27 BlackWiddow NZ

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

I support this display and showing in hard data who is in fact against this. Give them the data to do with as they wish.

-BlackWiddow NZ

#28 Iverance

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:47 AM

I'll Support this, i want to see MWO in 5years Bigger and Better. PGI Will go bankrupt and you wont be in a job in 5 years if you continue down the path your currently pushing.

#29 Basch

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:10 AM

its been far to long since the last Mechwarrior game, and i for one dont want to wait another 10+ years for the next one. Im not letting this one go with out a fight and ill be there to back you up wiz!

#30 RedThirteen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 159 posts
  • LocationRockets

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:22 AM

Does this explain why Project phoenix or whatevertheshititis hasn't reached phase3 yet? Started playing again last week and gameplay is so much more watered down compared to last year.. no tackling, no fall damage, no collision damage WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!? I did end up playing my money's worth during the closed beta, but I was expecting this game to endure, and that the devs gave a {Scrap} about the thoughts of the users - of which the most committed would be actively using the forums.

To make matters worse gameplay and game modes are still identical to World of tanks - actually in terms of execution World of Tanks might actually do it better... tanks are fairly niche but somehow WarGaming has turned their title into an insanely massive juggernaut, PGI's doing something wrong, and they'd better lend half an ear to forumwhores yonder to figure out what to do.

#31 pantherzero

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:42 AM

they will just use the player data for marketing I can see the whole thing backfiring

#32 Jackalhit

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

Good luck with uniting a playerbase... especially this one. It is by far the most immature community I've ever had the displeasure of being a part of. The people who are in game, playing, are mostly nice and insightful, whilst those who populate the forums seem mostly cut from another cloth; cursed with an inability to evolve or be constructive.

If you can help foster a constructive movement, more power to you, but you may only end up attracting the type of people who ***** and moan at the smallest things, in which case it'll just be a massive backfire.

#33 Shael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPerth Australia

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:09 AM

Being a long time fan of MechWarrior and a part of the closed Beta Test Team from the 2nd round of invites i am very sad to see the direction PGI has taken MWO since those early days.

From a game i played religiously every night and day to the point where I have barely played for the past 4 weeks I am sad to say I no longer have faith in PGI to deliver the game that I have supported for over 15 months.

Too many broken promises, and a complete lack of respect for the "vocal minority" as we have been termed is too my just unacceptable.

I do not want this game to fail, I want to play this game for the next 5 years with my Brigadiers and friends.

Mista Whizzard you have my complete and full personal support for this and I am behind you and 100% percent mate.

lets show PGI just how vocal we can be and lets vote with our feet and out wallets.No more money from me PGI.

#34 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

You all seem to think that since you put money into the game (either through founders or other purchases) that you're entitled to a say in how the game is developed when in fact your really not, You're consumers not share holders you don't have a say in the development. If you want them to stop instead of recording something that will change nothing you'll have to stop giving them money that mean ACTUALLY stopping not just saying you're going to on the forums. [edit] you really use the word promise too much saying you won't do something isn't the same as making a promise

Edited by Omni 13, 22 August 2013 - 05:12 AM.

#35 Ledabot

• PipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 40 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

View Postpantherzero, on 22 August 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

they will just use the player data for marketing I can see the whole thing backfiring

You are forever pesimistic.

If their is a chance it will make a diffrence, then I think we should go for it. I'm more inclined to think that this thread will just simply get blocked.

#36 Teutatis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 104 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:18 AM

View PostShael, on 22 August 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

Being a long time fan of MechWarrior and a part of the closed Beta Test Team from the 2nd round of invites i am very sad to see the direction PGI has taken MWO since those early days.

From a game i played religiously every night and day to the point where I have barely played for the past 4 weeks I am sad to say I no longer have faith in PGI to deliver the game that I have supported for over 15 months.

Too many broken promises, and a complete lack of respect for the "vocal minority" as we have been termed is too my just unacceptable.

I do not want this game to fail, I want to play this game for the next 5 years with my Brigadiers and friends.

Mista Whizzard you have my complete and full personal support for this and I am behind you and 100% percent mate.

lets show PGI just how vocal we can be and lets vote with our feet and out wallets.No more money from me PGI.

What he said, I'll be boycotting MWO for the forseeable future. You have my support.

#37 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:28 AM

I support this idea and will partake. Look forward to seeing you at the townhall meeting tonight Whizz.

I have supported this game since the 1st wave of closed beta, I have supported PGI in the past to the point of being labeled a "white knight" on these forums. As you can see I am a legendary founder, have purchased MC separately, got the phoenix package (which I have now asked to have refunded), so I have spent a fair bit of money on this game and supported it.

This most recent decision by PGI...I cannot support for multiple reasons:
1. No matter how you try and twist it... we were lied to, we were told one thing and given another (no separate queues). Russ's "apology" was the final straw for me, I intended to give it a week before going the refund route... but that post.... ugh I did the refund from work.
2. 3PV does not help new players, arguably it hinders them more, which was the reason for 3PV all along.
3. 3PV gives an advantage to those that use it, you can peek over and around corners without danger to yourself. You can also line up where enemy mechs are in order to jump snipe them, whereas before a jump sniper would need to peek first.
4. Lack of good communication since closed beta ended, I don't have to go into this, Russ explained it all for me.
5. Beta was not used as a beta, no surveys were done, the community was not asked for opinions, we were given things that we were against as a majority and told we were a vocal minority and just "noise".

I am sure there are other reasons... but I am tired and that is all I feel like writing down.

To see DHB members as a majority (not all of us) up in arms over this should say something. I would say our unit has been one of the more PGI supportive...

TLDR: huge supporter of the game is now angry. COW SMASH.

Edited by StandingCow, 22 August 2013 - 05:30 AM.

#38 Mista Whizzard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostLedabot, on 22 August 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

You are forever pesimistic.

If their is a chance it will make a diffrence, then I think we should go for it. I'm more inclined to think that this thread will just simply get blocked.

And I am forever idealistic. No challenges were ever overcome with pessimism. Let us hope that we can come together on this. More tomorrow after the townhall. For now, I'm going to bed.

#39 CaldeteisX

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:42 AM

Certainly getting behind this!

#40 MacrosX

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:43 AM

Whizz I fully support this initiative. This is a clear demonstration for ALL MechWarriors to demonstrate with their feet.

The Call to Action - Unite the Community initiative will measure the number of MechWarriors who are more than displeased with the latest patch and how we have been treated in terms of their misrepresentation of the game. PGI will be able to observe and measure the level of protesters and take these factors into consideration. Whether they act upon this is another thing altogether. But we cannot sit idly by, we love the community and the game too much to do nothing. I too have been part of watching this game develop since closed Beta and I would like to see it continue to develop.

While we may not be shareholders, we are clearly major stakeholders having a vested interest into the games future since we care so much about its longevity. Additionally, PGI would do well to observe and listen to its gamer base (stakeholders).
Agreed that discontinuing funds is the best way to go about demonstrating our displeasure, however, added with this initiative, we are trying to show that we are not a silent minority. Rather that we are a majority.

For those of you who want to see this game succeed I urge you to follow this thread and participate.

Thankyou for your consideration.

Edited by MacrosX, 22 August 2013 - 05:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users