L&d: Act Ii, Rainbow Rising Rp Ooc

Fiction

447 replies to this topic

#141 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

The latter I'll grant you, but if they're trying to be secretive, why did they send a Dragoon in flying the colours to all and sundry. If they're trying to hide their involvement, they're awful at it.

#142 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

well right now the dragoons have been beat to hell and back. They could have sent a person to find potential recruits. What better way to see how good they are than to fight them? particularly cause clans.

#143 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

That could work, but then why are they sending a 7th Commando?
Actually, do the 7th exist yet?

#144 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

No idea Rogue. Other than what I've read in the novels I'm pretty ignorant to the Dragoons. But you do not have to be a special unit to be sent to spy and gauge the combat effectiveness of random MechWarriors. And I like (uhh Sparkys?) the idea of signing up with random stable. What newly formed stable wouldn't jump at the chance of having a badass like a Dragoon as a premier warrior?

#145 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

The 7th Kommando feature rather prominently in the novel Wolves on the Border, which covers the conflict between the Draconis Combine and the Dragoon's immediately prior to the Fourth Succession War.

#146 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Name: Dylan Wolf
Callsign: The Lone Wolf
Date of Birth/Age: 2980
Current Mech: A WHM - 6R that will be acquired as soon as Thom lets me, with current mech being a FLE - 15
House Affiliation: Wolf's Dragoons
Military History: Up to date, Dylan has only taken small contracts, usually against pirates, and other small time rabble. He just arrived from the Periphery, after his second assignment, left him with the two small boys, now called by the rest of the crew Draco, and Phiro. He had taken them in fulfulling the last wishes of the lone mech pilot that gave his life to help them on their last mission. Since then, he was transferred over to the 7th Kommando, and put on a special assignment along with many members of his old unit. The Dragoons had taken major losses after the conflicts between them and the DC. Dylan himself had heard of the encounters, however, were some of the first reinforcements for the Dragoons from outside of the periphery. As a test, and after several encounters on the periphery to test the warrior's mettle, Dylan was sent to Solaris, to discern whether members of the Sphere could be considered capable for recruitment into the Dragoons. Dylan was to do this by studying his fellow stable members, albeit inconspicuously, to learn their habits, strengths, and weaknesses. The reason the 7th Kommando wanted this information, was due to the massive losses seen against the DC, and with most analysts putting the Dragoons in a very weakened and vulnerable state. As such, they knew they couldn't wait for reinforcements from the Clans for much longer, and from the hearsay passing along through the lines from home communique, it seemed like the Dragoons might actually be faced with recruiting from the Inner Sphere alone. As such, Dylan was given a crash course in field work by the 7th to insure that he didn't get himself killed, and to properly note his stablemates' habits. When they arrived to Solaris, they began their search for a stable that matched what they wanted, something where warriors from across the sphere, from all walks of life, would come together, fight together, and interact. And so, they found Rainbow stables and placed Dylan there with a Flea battlemech, putting his Warhammer into a nearby warehouse for storage under another man's name until the rest of the stable was going to move up into heavier chassis. The plan was for Dylan to get into the stables as just another member, and though to acknowledge his employment by the Dragoons when questioned, he was not to bring it up at all anytime else. With his entrance to the stable secured, and the Warhammer only awaiting the call phrase to be sent to the members watching over it, Dylan thought that he might actually be able to pull this operation off without a hitch. However, since his joining the stable, Dylan has been plagued with attack after attack, making him seem to be "assassin prone" (trust me, unless Thom orders me to, will not happen), and causing him to either be sent to a hospital, or, just left with some nasty gashes. As such, Dylan has taken to carrying his laser pistol everywhere, and has trained with it a bit, become a little better than an average shot with it. He has also dusted off his old skills in hand to hand combat, and now keeps himself fit, and active as he is a bit on edge a suspicious of everyone, now that his new directive is to keep everyone in the stable alive, using whatever means necessary. He also received a notification through a 'drop', someone bumping into him and putting something into his pocket, that he was not going to have the elemental strike team as security with the recent attacks, as having something like that immediately appear on call was deemed, "too suspicious looking", by command.

Physical Description: He is about 6'3" and built muscularly, and is extremely lean. He has a scar going across his right eye from an encounter with a Strana Mechty Wolf.

Open Background: Not much is known about Dylan, he has a perfect combat record against pirates, four kills and zero ejections. His Solaris record so far is 2-0 as well, even with the last match ending with the man piloting the panther destroying his own mech, and nearly killing himself, in a gutsy move by firing his PPC at point blank range. He is a broad thinker, and is extremely good on his feet, though he is only acquainted with small arms. He also doesn't trust people very easily at all. He is also as sociable as some of his men. His recent run in with Rainbow has earned him the ire of Von Bremen, and has most thinking he's either very unlucky, or just horrible at knowing when to get the f*ck out of a bad situation.

Deep Background: Dylan is now going to be very protective of the rest of the members of the stable, and is still receiving updates on Draco's training, which from what he's heard, is progressing well. He is also on the lookout for kids that show traits that he's looking for to start a unit up with the Dragoons, the 1st Hell Jumpers battalion, which is to be a combined arms unit where everyone will be trained as infantry first, and their other specializations second. With several candidates already sent to command for integration into sibkos, Dylan is still searching for more. As such, he will seem to be studying people almost to the point of stalking them if an interesting candidate arrives. He is getting used to the city now, and doesn't get lost near as often, but will definitely lose his sense of direction if they get him far enough away from the parts he's used to.

Well, finally got it finished, I hope it reads better.

#147 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostRogueSpear, on 07 September 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

That could work, but then why are they sending a 7th Commando?
Actually, do the 7th exist yet?

the 7th exists in the dragoons. However their existence isn't public. to everyone else they are part of the dragoons recon unit.

#148 Xetherius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Periphery...

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Hey guys, remember me? Well after The Devil's Horsemen tanked I lurked for a few months, hoping it'd pick up again. Then I stopped all together checking the forums. I don't know why I decided to check them today, but I did and I noticed this. I'm wondering, any open slots left? I'd be honoured if you'd have me, but if not that's cool too.

P.S. The 7th has been here as long as the Dragoons and have been in quite a few battles leading up to this point. Here's a link:
http://www.sarna.net...ragoons_battles

#149 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

View PostXetherius, on 07 September 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

Hey guys, remember me? Well after The Devil's Horsemen tanked I lurked for a few months, hoping it'd pick up again. Then I stopped all together checking the forums. I don't know why I decided to check them today, but I did and I noticed this. I'm wondering, any open slots left? I'd be honoured if you'd have me, but if not that's cool too.

P.S. The 7th has been here as long as the Dragoons and have been in quite a few battles leading up to this point. Here's a link:

I believe we're still open. You can always post a character idea here in OOC and see what you get.

Quick bit of self promotion, though, War Orphans may be opening up to some new blood soon, too, if you want to get a character prepped for that...

#150 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

i am working on a post, just not exactly sure where to start...

#151 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

The beginning is a strong choice.

#152 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostGammadin, on 08 September 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

The beginning is a strong choice.

ha ha ha...

i am now going to start at the end and work backwards.

to clarify by not knowing where to start. I don't actually know what relation i should start with in respect to the stable. should takeo already be in it, should he have an interview already set up, does he have to go do something else and they notice him. some suggestions would help, as i always have issues coming up with stuff purely from scratch. once i have an idea of a starting point, i can usually figure it out from there.

Edited by dal10, 08 September 2013 - 09:33 PM.

#153 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostXetherius, on 07 September 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

Good job placing that link for the Dragoons. But alas, while we're not full per se. I gotta say no on thge grounds that I do not want to say 'Yes' and never hear from you again. That was something that happened way too many times in the OG L&D. Super-Sorry man, but it looks like Mr. Murphey is accepting aps...

Oh yeah, @Dal You could always have your character start off by arriving on planet from New Syrtis or wherever, and you're having issues getting your Enforcer through customs. Erin has flunkies working the custom area. But you may have to wing your character finding housing and a place to store your Enforcer and maybe get a unofficial match under your belt before Von Bremen makes contact with you.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 08 September 2013 - 11:16 PM.

#154 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:36 AM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 08 September 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Good job placing that link for the Dragoons. But alas, while we're not full per se. I gotta say no on thge grounds that I do not want to say 'Yes' and never hear from you again. That was something that happened way too many times in the OG L&D. Super-Sorry man, but it looks like Mr. Murphey is accepting aps...

Oh yeah, @Dal You could always have your character start off by arriving on planet from New Syrtis or wherever, and you're having issues getting your Enforcer through customs. Erin has flunkies working the custom area. But you may have to wing your character finding housing and a place to store your Enforcer and maybe get a unofficial match under your belt before Von Bremen makes contact with you.

ok then, was thinking having customs impound it until i can get an arena organizer to vouch for me. because of his background as a "duke hasek loyalist",

#155 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

You're in the Lyran Commonwealth and the Federated Commonwealth isn't 'official' till '41. So I really don't think that being a Michael fan-boi will work against you too bad on Solaris, but lack of cash will.

#156 kevin roshak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

Any way I could get back in this? Since the whole Rainbow Stables thing is my 'fault' after all?

#157 kevin roshak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Name: Kevin Marsden
Callsign: The Darkness
Date of Birth/Age: Jan 13, 2999 (32)
Current Mech: Cronus CRS-3M
House Affiliation: Lyran Commonwealth
Military History:
Physical Description: 6'3" 245lbs well muscled, bit of a gut
Non-descript, easy to forget face, clean shaven. Redish/Brown hair cut short.
Open Background: Born on Donegal to a military man and a scientist. Kevin was drawn to fighting at a young age, and at school he was reprimanded many times for it. Went to school at the Blackjack School of Conflict on Blackjack in the Lyran Commonwealth. More problems on Blackjack pushed up his graduation early. Graduating just as the 3rd Succession War was winding down Kevin saw his first combat against House Kurita Served with distinction in the 4th Succession War on the FRR front and against the DCMS. Served in the pushing back of DCMS when they threatend Skye.
Deep Background: Currently a Loki agent for the Lyran Intelligence Corps (http://www.sarna.net...elligence_Corps) Haunted by the murders other things he had to do in the FRR durring the 4th Succession War and just prior. Drinks to hide it.

What Happened Since the 1st Chapter:
Kevin started the Rainbow Stables in hopes of creating another great war in which the Lyran Commonwealth would rise to power and become the dominant house, perhaps heading a new Star League. Kevin has since faked his death, been contacted by Heimdall, the Lyran Intelligence Corps internal safety valve and has chosen to switch sides and stop it. Looking much paler and more gaunt Kevin has decided to undo the work he has already put forward. Kevin has been in hiding the last few (however much time has gone by) plotting to undo his work.

Did we ever clear up if Von Bremen is Heimdall as well?

#158 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

not that i have room to talk with some of the stuff i have come up with, but you do realize that the first Cronus 3Ms were built in 3031? so basically you would have one of the first ones in existence. note that this info comes from solaris skunkwerks.

#159 kevin roshak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

It was approved last time, and also a Loki agent would have access to nearly anything in the Commonwealth arsenal for a mission of the size and scope i decided to tackle. But I didn't realize that, on sarna it said used tech avaliable since 3rd Succession War, so i figured it was built around then

#160 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

Thom's having internet trouble at the moment, but I believe his opinion is a solid no for your return Kevin. You have flaked out of every RP you've joined to date with no warning and we're trying to avoid that here. Try joining one of the other RPs and sticking around and he might change his mind ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users