September Creative Developer Update

1105 replies to this topic

#161 Lucky Noob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

As we are the writting Minority i doubt they even read what we write here.

Atleast we get " some Info" about CW at start, they dont say it will be there then .

#162 Siriothrax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 134 posts

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 27 August 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

What an August! We released some really big features in 12v12 and 3PV: Both have been a great success and delivered on our goals of adding more action, tactics, and deeper gameplay (12v12), while continuing to make the game appeal to a broader audience of gamers (3PV). After releasing 3PV we saw an immediate improvement in our target demographic, with a good bump in new player retention!

[CITATION NEEDED]

Edited by Siriothrax, 27 August 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#163 Scav3ng3r

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

View PostKunae, on 27 August 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

It is still "Beta", by their own statements, even the banner at the top of the website.

You can ask for a full refund of all of your "pre-orders", as the game hasn't "launched" yet.

Just because they let you use your pre-orders during the beta-test, doesn't mean they've actually "delivered" them yet. You were just testing.

I'm happily content with the money I have put into this game, and yes there are some things that PGI has done that I don't agree with, they have done considerably more that I do agree with than what I don't agree with.

People seem to not understand what a Beta is. Everyone is so angry that PGI lied to them, or not communicating, or haven't released any CW info, or that medium lasers shoot rainbows, but... they don't have to tell you anything, it's beta, they can make changes to anything and everything they want. If this game was out of beta it would be quite a different story, and some would argue that launch is just around the corner, so the game is as good as being launched at this point, and I have to disagree.

People are getting all bent out of shape over a beta that is not even the final launch version of the game, unfortunately once a mob has formed you can't take the wind out of its sails, I just wish people would think independently instead of jumping on the goon band wagon. Right now everyone that is QQ'ing, imo is just QQ'ing to QQ, with nothing substantial to cry over.

As I said, if this game was out of beta it'd be a different story, but it's not. I'm kind of embarassed to be a part of this forum community and how people are acting.

Edited by Scav3ng3r, 27 August 2013 - 03:38 PM.

#164 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

At this point it's been made clear that I'm not the target demographic. I wish that'd been made clear sooner; the prior development updates leading up to 8/20/2013 implied as such.

All communication issues aside (which wasn't easy - calling how this is handled a 'mistake' is like calling Tsar Bomba a firework) I gave it my best shot. Dozens of drops with 3PV, giving it a try. I gave a feedback a couple of pages in about how it performed in fact. Bought a new mech to shift my perspective a bit - in fact bought back one of my favorite mechs ever that I'd sold after the SRM nerf ages back.

At this point though the PGI response literally comes back to 'No, you were all wrong, this was a huge success and worked better than we'd hoped. If you disagree, well, whatever. Thanks for the money but we don't really care if you stay or go you're not the target demographic'.

Fair enough. Sorry for the waste of your bandwidth, at least I don't need to feel like I wasted your time giving feedback on various topics - you've made it clear you don't really pay attention to it anyway. Just by being vocal I have identified myself as a minority somehow?

Uninstalled, I'm going to make way for someone else. I wanted to be your target demographic PGI, I really did. I certainly love the Battletech franchise and am generally pretty flexible about mistakes and product testing and development. I know I White Knighted the scrappity scrap out of these forums during LURMApocalypse. Unfortunately my money isn't the money you want? Maybe there just are not enough people with my same interests, in spite of polls and other things said here, to warrant even just implementing some aspect of the queue selection option you'd promised us before?

Whatever. Best of luck to you, as I said somewhere else:

GG, close!

#165 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostEmCeeMendez, on 27 August 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

I was really happy when disconnect and suicide farmers were cracked down on back in the transition between Closed/Open Beta. Being one or more teammate down tended to lead to a steamroll, and after that pattern became apparent, you had a domino effect after one player suicided. The team would notice, 4 or 5 players would quickly leave because they knew it was going to be a loss, and you were left with 1 or 2 teammates vs 8 enemies.

"If your Mech is destroyed to a roaming band of Jenners early on, you can jump out of that match and into a new one right away – potentially doubling your C-Bills to 1.2 million per hour! This cuts down your time to purchase new Mechs and equipment."

That sounds like official approval to resume suicide farming. The player can now argue, "I wasn't suicide farming PGI! I made a tactical mistake and died early, a Jenner caught me by surprise. I'm just trying to earn 1.2 million C-bills an hour like the average player!"

I hope that is not the case.

[color=cyan]I think I can help here - many players simply didn't know you could do this (or more specifically, 8 mins average a round, doesn't mean every match will be 8 minutes for all players. So if you DO die, you CAN leave a match before it's ended. But no worries, we have checks for C-Bill farming :P)[/color]

"People have provided amazing suggestions in the past, are still doing so, and will ALWAYS do so. Problem is, the PGI staff never listen"

[color=cyan]I also wanted to respond to this, as this is outright false. Hunchback increased engine size, quicker torso turning for Mediums, more up/down movement for Cicadas, decreased LB10X spread, etc, just in the last patch ALONE, was all suggested by players, and I forwarded it.

We're at the point where literally hundreds of tweaks and changes and additions have been suggested by players and put into the game.

So please, keep posting suggestions, I'm here to forward them :lol:[/color]

#166 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

Since the vast majority of people are against 3PV on the forums we are not part of Bryan's target demographic. I guess their target demographic is the non-paying player base. I am still wondering if they are trying to sell to a larger company. Why create 3PV when the vast majority of people on the forums do not want it and the people who do not post forums have no way of communicating their desire for it? It seems a desparate way of attracting additional players must of which will be non-paying players.

#167 Yuma

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 27 August 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

At this point it's been made clear that I'm not the target demographic. I wish that'd been made clear sooner; the prior development updates leading up to 8/20/2013 implied as such.

All communication issues aside (which wasn't easy - calling how this is handled a 'mistake' is like calling Tsar Bomba a firework) I gave it my best shot. Dozens of drops with 3PV, giving it a try. I gave a feedback a couple of pages in about how it performed in fact. Bought a new mech to shift my perspective a bit - in fact bought back one of my favorite mechs ever that I'd sold after the SRM nerf ages back.

At this point though the PGI response literally comes back to 'No, you were all wrong, this was a huge success and worked better than we'd hoped. If you disagree, well, whatever. Thanks for the money but we don't really care if you stay or go you're not the target demographic'.

Fair enough. Sorry for the waste of your bandwidth, at least I don't need to feel like I wasted your time giving feedback on various topics - you've made it clear you don't really pay attention to it anyway. Just by being vocal I have identified myself as a minority somehow?

Uninstalled, I'm going to make way for someone else. I wanted to be your target demographic PGI, I really did. I certainly love the Battletech franchise and am generally pretty flexible about mistakes and product testing and development. I know I White Knighted the scrappity scrap out of these forums during LURMApocalypse. Unfortunately my money isn't the money you want? Maybe there just are not enough people with my same interests, in spite of polls and other things said here, to warrant even just implementing some aspect of the queue selection option you'd promised us before?

Whatever. Best of luck to you, as I said somewhere else:

GG, close!

+1

#168 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostScav3ng3r, on 27 August 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

I'm happily content with the money I have put into this game, and yes there are some things that PGI has done that I don't agree with, they have done considerably more that I do agree with than what I don't agree with.

People seem to not understand what a Beta is. Everyone is so angry that PGI lied to them, or not communicating, or haven't released any CW info, or that medium lasers shoot rainbows, but... they don't have to tell you anything, it's beta, they can make changes to anything and everything they want. If this game was out of beta it would be quite a different story, and some would argue that launch is just around the corner, so the game is as good as being launched at this point, and I have to disagree.

People are getting all bent out of shape over a beta that is not even the final launch version of the game, unfortunately once a mob has formed you can't take the wind out of its sails, I just wish people would think independently instead of jumping on the goon band wagon. Right now everyone that is QQ'ing, imo is just QQ'ing to QQ, with nothing substantial to cry over.

As I said, if this game was out of beta it'd be a different story, but it's not. I'm kind of embarassed to be a part of this forum community and how people are acting.

Thanks for confirming my post, and that we're still in beta.

#169 Graufalk

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Cliffs notes:

-3 weeks away from "Launch", not even PGI knows what that means.

-"3pv was a HUGE success guys!", despite not even fulfilling its intended purpose or anyone liking it, really.

-Telling people to disconnect if they want to make more C-bills.

-Passive aggressively stating 2PPC/1Gauss is not a big deal.

-"If you want more CW info, wait till 1 week AFTER launch!"

#170 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

I created a new account (to avoid ELO affecting the results) and dropped in this new account. There were zero players using 3PV. So how this this drive new player retention? Did new players really leave in less than 1 week before?

#171 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

View PostChronojam, on 27 August 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

See that yellow badge below your name? Because it means you got tossed out today.

Oh, that's what color it is?

Thanks for telling me, I'm colorblind. =)

Not entirely sure why you're angry, but I am not.

So do not speak for me please, thanks.

#172 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostIceCase88, on 27 August 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

Since the vast majority of people are against 3PV on the forums we are not part of Bryan's target demographic. I guess their target demographic is the non-paying player base. I am still wondering if they are trying to sell to a larger company. Why create 3PV when the vast majority of people on the forums do not want it and the people who do not post forums have no way of communicating their desire for it? It seems a desparate way of attracting additional players must of which will be non-paying players.

Well... they need to make space for the millions of XBoxOne users, when they release this for consoles in January.

#173 DisasterMedic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 27 August 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

[color=cyan]I think I can help here - many players simply didn't know you could do this (or more specifically, 8 mins average a round, doesn't mean every match will be 8 minutes for all players. So if you DO die, you CAN leave a match before it's ended. But no worries, we have checks for C-Bill farming :P)[/color]

Wait, you mean PGI has features that they don't document well (or at all)? :allears:

#174 Dustmuffins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Dustmuffins, 27 August 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#175 mooky

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationALHENA

3PV is a great success? Target demographic improved, after only 1 week of 3PV?

Really? So what is your target demographic, because it's not me I guess :P

I was expecting UI2.0 and atleast something resembling CW before you could even passably call this is a "release" game, not some arbitrarily set release date.

Sadly PGI, I AM your target demographic and you're too blind to see it. I am male, 36, above median income, and I have money to spend.

I bought the elite founders pack, and have much more money I've been waiting to spend, (mostly an MC sale I will admit is what I am waiting for) but in the past two months I have thought about buying MC regardless.

I didn't go get Project Phoenix (i forgoed the 30 day early bird premium time even knowlingly) and don't intend to spend any money on the game until/unless the game improves.

Seriously, I have a $100 to spend for sure, maybe more; I need more mech bays, I want a few color packs, maybe a skin or two, but you're making it difficult for me to justify plunking down money on something that apparently I am not your target demographic for anymore.

Sincerely,
mooky, founder, and tabletop Battletech player all the way back to the late 1980's and early 1990's

#176 GreatBeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 536 posts

View PostDisasterMedic, on 27 August 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Wait, you mean PGI has features that they don't document well (or at all)? :allears:

I dont like this post becaust it implies PGI has documented any of their features.

#177 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 27 August 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

So please, keep posting suggestions, I'm here to forward them :P

Telling me that I am not your target demographic makes me feel like PGI is making too much money.

#178 FactorlanP

• 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:46 PM

I wonder if the Devs will now vanish for a few weeks. Since they have now "communicated".

#179 Mr Rulle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostScav3ng3r, on 27 August 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

I'm happily content with the money I have put into this game, and yes there are some things that PGI has done that I don't agree with, they have done considerably more that I do agree with that what I don't agree with.

Oh you pulled the old "Beta" card.
This is not a beta.
As soon as they started selling items/things then the "beta" card is out the window.
Here "Beta" is just a sad excuse for moneygrabbing while keeping their backs clear legally.

#180 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostFactorlanP, on 27 August 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

I wonder if the Devs will now vanish for a few weeks. Since they have now "communicated".

S.O.P.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users