Orion - Now Available For Mc!

46 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

Greetings MechWarriors!

Look up into the stars; what do you see? The correct answer is "Orion" - if you said anything else, scold yourself. Which Orions are coming? Why, here's a list: Orion ON1-K, ON1-M, ON1-V, ON1-VA! There's a nice mix of possibilities there, and we look forward to seeing you in these, the most Kerensky of Mechs! Who else will free Terra from the usurper, Stefan Amaris?

We'll see you on the battlefield (after the servers come back up, as they will be going down for a very short time at 10am PDT)

Cheers, The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Wriath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • 108 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

Thanks, now I just need some inferno srm salad.

#3 GizmoGecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

I'd never usually do this, but I feel I deserve to treat myself for the next 4 days until I have to part with my beast of a gaming system for a considerable amount of time.

Wanna high five whoever came up with the idea for early MC access to new 'mechs! ON1-VA, you will be mine!

Edited by GizmoGecko, 10 September 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#4 Throbbinwood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

I splurged on the Protector and now I'm going to buy ONE for MC...the ON1-VA. I spend too much money on this game!

#5 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

I think I'll get one to go with my Protector... but which? I'm thinking ON1-K....

Edit: You know whats funny? I can Fit an AC/20 with 35 shots and four Medium Lasers on this ON1-k, 75 tons. But on my BJ-1, I have an AC/20, 35 shots, three Medium Lasers, AND jump jets and Its a 45 ton 'Mech... plus It goes 93kph as opposed to 64k. Guess I'll have to play with this one for a while :|

Edited by PoLaR, 10 September 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#6 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Thx but I will w8 when you make them available to buy for c-bills :)

#7 GizmoGecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d77632a8c013789

Getting giddy...

#8 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

View PostGizmoGecko, on 10 September 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

Wanna high five whoever came up with the idea for early MC access to new 'mechs! ON1-VA, you will be mine!

This is all in your mind. In Bizarro world they pushed out the production by one week and are holding mechs hostage. I mean, its done... so... its a nice carrot I guess. I thought I wouldn't be able to hold back when the Victors came out...but I can!

#9 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Just noticed something odd: Sarna lists the ON1-K and ON1-M as mounting SRM4s, but the images of those variants in the battlemech section show them mounting SRM6s. Is Sarna incorrect, or did they change the stock loadouts slightly? :)

#10 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostGizmoGecko, on 10 September 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

XL+gauss yea.I killed a lot protectors like this :)

#11 GizmoGecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostTechnoviking, on 10 September 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

This is all in your mind. In Bizarro world they pushed out the production by one week and are holding mechs hostage. I mean, its done... so... its a nice carrot I guess. I thought I wouldn't be able to hold back when the Victors came out...but I can!

I know what you mean: the 'mechs C-Bill release could be this patch, and the MC could be last patch, and so on. It's more of just the timing for me, as I won't be able to purchase it for C-Bills. I'm a 'special' case so to speak aha.

But yeah, I'm grateful anyway!

View PostJudgeDeathCZ, on 10 September 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

XL+gauss yea.I killed a lot protectors like this :)

I'm praying on that +1 health :lol:

Edited by GizmoGecko, 10 September 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#12 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostTechnoviking, on 10 September 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

lol same I'm waiting a week, MC won't get bought until UI2/Cw is in game, and I get to chose if I play with 3PV people in pugs

#13 JeremyCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:04 AM

Actually, this is one of the things that I think they do well. Letting MC buyers have the first chance to get the mechs before being available to the rest of the people is harmless and provides some extra income for PGI. I'll not be buying it but I applaud the idea

#14 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

Can Orion's safely mount an XL engine? It looks like the "missile" pods on the shoulder are actually part of the side torso, meaning easy to blow off.

Looking forward to the V, for sure.

#15 Ignatz22

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Sirs;

Yes, another MC variant of another mech....in short, no new maps, no new features....but we get another chance to pay for something while we have no idea how effective it will be in game because the Buffs and Nerfs aren't finished.

"...But's she's got a New Hat!" -Smithers The Simpsons.

-ignatz22

#16 Ransack

• 1,175 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

Well, now we know what will be added to the game for release.

LMAO.

#17 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

I was actually thinking of getting off my founders MC for that protector. Is it pretty good?

#18 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostViper69, on 10 September 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

I was actually thinking of getting off my founders MC for that protector. Is it pretty good?

It's just a smaller atlas

#19 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

Great now I can get all three and have them ready for CM and UI2.0 come launch... oh wait... yeah nevermind. Oh well back to world of tanks... sides I'd have to reinstall the game to patch it anyhow.

#20 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostMrWhite, on 10 September 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Great now I can get all three and have them ready for CM and UI2.0 come launch... oh wait... yeah nevermind. Oh well back to world of tanks... sides I'd have to reinstall the game to patch it anyhow.

BTW it looks like they decided to copy MWO business model - in recent 0.8.8 patch released today they introduced a ton of bugs and nerfed everything to hell (especially my beloved Germans) with people losing some valuable in-game assets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users