Welcome To Launch, Mechwarriors!

2556 replies to this topic

#1041 bloo58

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

View Postsoarra, on 18 September 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

lol the beta tag is off so the "Its' still beta" thing doesn't work so this is thew new one.. I posted about this yesterday.. The game just launched its going to have problems, what game at launch doesn't .. ROFL

Im confused.. are you agreeing with me?, did you read my post.. I didnt say 'its still in beta', I said It just came out of beta

#1042 Furball42

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

View Postbloo58, on 18 September 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

This is all its about for me.. escaping into a world that otherwise wouldnt exist.. and I agree, the launch could have been a little more whizz bang, I dont know maybe launch day paint colours, a trinket, something to appease people.. everyone loves free ****.. but it didnt happen, ahh well, I've had a year of playing this for free, so we havent really got anything to complain about

pretty much.. now this day must end so i can strap in.

#1043 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

I have been busy working and have a day off today and I got up early to see what launch was giving us........way to go PGI, worst launch ever.
I expected so much, new maps, new game modes and we get a small patch with nothing really in.
Sorry guys this should have been a fanfare with ***** and whistles in and you have delivered a damp squib.
I have backed you guys since day one saying "wait til launch" I feel like a right fool.
Very very disappointed.

Edited by Boymonkey, 18 September 2013 - 05:06 AM.

#1044 Typhoon Storm 2142

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

One of the reviews at metracritic.com:

Russ_Bullock
Sep 17, 2013
The MWO is doing great. Don't listen to the haters and trolls, they are on an island. Best launch ever! Third Person View is a great success, with a great new player retention time (less than one week data). Great Founders players retention with 50%. The Game Balance simple, intuitive and working as intended. New CryEngine DX11 with tessellation enabled. Full Joystick Support. Track IR 5 Support.
Oculus Rift Support.
The new User Interface 2.0 is working great.
The new Lobby System is the best I ever seen to date with voice chat implemented.
The new Community Warfare is working flawlessly.
The new Game Music is a state of art.
The new mechs Soft Body Physics Collision looks like real life.
The new Terrain Destruction Destructible assets makes BF4 ashamed.
The developers actually listen to the community. They work hard and fast, they don't even take 2 months vacations to Las Vegas.
The community managers don't censor their forums, troll user signatures or delete comments on other social medias.
And finally: YOU CAN TRUST ON THEIR WORD!!!

What can I say more?
One of the Best 25 Shoters of All Time (PCGamer)

Take a tip: They are selling Project Phoenix mechs on their site!

While I find this text rather obnoxious, I wonder where all these features are.

Edited by Typhoon Storm 2142, 18 September 2013 - 05:11 AM.

#1045 Ahasver

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 99 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

@ShadowedR

*Hand up for earning my money on programming ... Its totally different programming but still its code in C, C++ or whatever language my microcontroller in the machine wants.

I like your post, it is about the fundamentals of programming and software development. I also understand that big features sometimes need a huge change in the fundamentals of the Software. I know that weeks and month can come and go and major changes are done unseen by anyone but the programmers. I expect this is the case here. UI2.0 is said to be the fundamental change that allows other things later.

I believe in this, thats why I did buy a Phoenix package.

But how does all this prevent a slightly more memorable Launch day?
I mean please, it is not a major change to make a Nighttime Version of some Map or change the weather or some other
unexpected goody for Launch! Why was this launch so impressiv unimpressive? WHY?

#1046 Warge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

View PostCerberias, on 17 September 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

Still having trouble finding games.. did someone organise a boycott? Lol

New weight restrictions...

#1047 Raptorboi

Rookie

• 1 posts

Congrats on the launch guys.
I'm not playing GTA V, so i'll be playing this!
See everyone on the battlefield!

#1048 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

View PostBRRM, on 18 September 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

so why is beta taken off the tag? shouldnt it still be on there then?

No...

http://www.codinghor...imes-gamma.html

#1049 Death Knell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

Hawken releases Jesus patch, changing gameplay and radically altering PvP dynamis.

GTA V is released, expecting to earn a billion in its first year.

MWO removes beta tag from its logo.

All in all, I guess it could be worse. At least I have other games to play.

#1050 soarra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

View Postbloo58, on 18 September 2013 - 05:02 AM, said:

Im confused.. are you agreeing with me?, did you read my post.. I didnt say 'its still in beta', I said It just came out of beta

yes the its still beta tag doesnt work , so now you move on to the "it just came out of beta" lol good excuse

#1051 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

Be happy! It only took them several hours after launch to remove the "Beta" tag from the website. It must've been a very uninspiring launch for them too since they did not take the time to remove at launch. They must've been hard at work uploading all the content they put into the launch day patch... Remind me again... what did they put in the launch day patch? One would think they would make some kind of grand, bold statement after trying to create so much buzz for the launch. Something bold like +30% bonus for purchasing MC like they had at the end of 2012 and/or 30% off all Hero/Champion mechs and/or 50% all camo/colors. Nope... just a sale of camo for 1 mech. GG... Failure to Launch...

Posted Image

This movie was far more inspiring than this launch event and that is sad.

#1052 ShadowedR

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

View PostAhasver, on 18 September 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

@ShadowedR

*Hand up for earning my money on programming ... Its totally different programming but still its code in C, C++ or whatever language my microcontroller in the machine wants.

I like your post, it is about the fundamentals of programming and software development. I also understand that big features sometimes need a huge change in the fundamentals of the Software. I know that weeks and month can come and go and major changes are done unseen by anyone but the programmers. I expect this is the case here. UI2.0 is said to be the fundamental change that allows other things later.

I believe in this, thats why I did buy a Phoenix package.

But how does all this prevent a slightly more memorable Launch day?
I mean please, it is not a major change to make a Nighttime Version of some Map or change the weather or some other
unexpected goody for Launch! Why was this launch so impressiv unimpressive? WHY?

I suppose that is why we are all here? Launch was nothing more than ripping off the price tag on your new kettle.
Except the kettle came with no element and a guarantee that someday you will have your element.

#1053 BRRM

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostBelorion, on 18 September 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:

Ah k so its in either gamma or delta phase now. cheers.

#1054 StoneMason

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 92 posts
  • LocationKathil

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostHeffay, on 18 September 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

There is a feedback tool; it's called the feedback forum. They have solicited people's opinions on the forum directly ( 1PV in 12 man queues, SRM changes).

They also have communicated both short term development information (Oct plans for UI 2.0, currently in testing, CW at the same time or soon after) as well as long term visions (the 3 part NGNG interview, which was FULL of info about what's planned.

They are doing what you are looking for.

Thanks for the heads up about the interview Heffay, but would you consider an external fan site (however close their relationship to the developers) to be an appropriate standalone portal for that kind of discussion? Just like the developers who use Twitter to communicate far more information that is ever released here or on the frontpage. The only reason I have a Twitter account was because I had to open one to find out if PGI was still going to PAX Australia, because there was absolutely no communication from them either here or there to say they'd cancelled.

#1055 Furball42

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

View PostShadowedR, on 18 September 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

I suppose that is why we are all here? Launch was nothing more than ripping off the price tag on your new kettle.
Except the kettle came with no element and a guarantee that someday you will have your element.

i can haz element?

#1056 HugoStiglitz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

View PostKread, on 18 September 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

For Hugo, missing my point man, I dont doubt you can find the names/images of some people connected to piranah games, what I was asking was, is anyone actually WORKING on MWO and if so, show us...

If you can...real simple 5 mins of their time...if anyone is actually working on the game that is

I don't actually work for PGI if that's what you're thinking. I'm just a guy.

In all seriousness, why do you need to see them working on the game? Do you need to see people working on every game you play? If so, that's actually kinda sad. I know it wouldn't take long to set up, but considering that they received death threats over third person (which I don't think gives you a significant advantage and it needed to be tested to help the noobies get into the game), I don't think they want to.

#1057 JeremyCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

I'm a CRM consultant and my boss just sent me this:

http://www.slideshar...n=weekly_digest

Looked strangely appropriate...

#1058 Kill Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 343 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

This is less than I expected (and much less than I hoped for) and that's quite the accomplishment.

Posted Image

#1059 bloo58

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:22 AM

View PostKread, on 18 September 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

Bloo you sound like a schill, however if your not let me explain,

Beta ends when a company asks for cash/sells items/premium for its game...period. They can say anything they like, I can say i'm 100 feet tall, does not make it true..

There has been very little development of this game, period. Compared to the money they have taken in , very little has come out in they way of game development, this makes people unhappy.

Launch day , I have been involved with the gaming industry for 35 years and never have I seen anything launched in a more minimalist and apologetic fashion. I could list 100 ideas for a decent launch here, but I wont since they are all totally obvious.

The only reason for so little being done for the launch is that almost no one is working on this game...Obvious for all to see..

I can assure you I have no affiliation with PGI, and I would probably have one of THE biggest reason to complain about this game, being an online shooter, as I live in Australia and there are zero dedicated local servers for me.. so while you all have issues with maps not being implemented and UI's that havent been updated.. I'm stuck with the rudimentary issues of having to connect across the Pacific ocean to the servers with an avg ping of around 250-300ms.. not really an FPS ping.. but such is life.. I cant MAKE them put a server in the oceanic region, I'd like them to.. but it probably wont happen.. I still love playing the game, despite that massive drawback.. in any other game(CS:S, BF3, CoD) bam seeya later, unplayable..

And a beta testing period doesn't end once they start selling items.. A beta test period ends when the development team feel they have had enough exposure to a large user base to eliminate obscure random bugs and issues that a smaller test team might have trouble generating

Its not so masses of the general public can spam the developers with inane requests on what THEY think should be in the game and how they should change it to suit that individuals needs..

#1060 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

i really love this game...but that's the worst launch ever
i remember one day it was said that there'll be something "big" for launch..
orion for cb?
great...

and no news for the next things to come (besides maps and the PP mechs that we already know of to be released over the next HALF YEAR! a HALF YEAR before we see different/new mechs)

what about the 2 mechs per month schedule?

i really do hope that MWO will improve quickly and that it stays commercially succesful...because I don't want to wait another 10 years for a BT game...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users