2556 replies to this topic

#981 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

View Postbloo58, on 18 September 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

All I see here are a bunch of ********* girlie men.. who want everything their way.. they wont be happy until the game resembles what THEY want.. heres a news flash.. ITS NOT YOUR GAME.. you may have paid for the privlidge of playing it.. but its not your game.. you arent the desginers, the coders, the artist, the marketers, the big boss.. you the lowly consumer.. all the crying in the world wont change that..

Ok let's see..
Namecalling - check
Wildly exaggerated assumptions - check
Disparagement - check
Meaningless or obvious facts - check

Oh yeah, really good arguments indeed. That's totally going to convince everyone to be nice again.

Just btw. the players pay the developers' bills, not the other way around. It might actually seem like the devs owe the players some gratitude. I've heard there are even industries where the customer is king. Not games development, mind you..

View Postbloo58, on 18 September 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

You want things to be your way.. go get a multimedia design degree or a software coders degree, then start your own games house (..)

Strawman? Thought-terminating cliché? I am not sure what to say. And tbh I'm not sure what you want to say. But it sure looks like you' re angry. You just don't bring a lot of facts.

And yeah, whether or not PGI takes into consideration ANY feedback, be it by players or reviews or whatnot, is totally up to them.

-edit-
But in the exact same the players have no 'right' to tell the devs how to do things, the devs, or other players, have no 'right' to tell the players what to say, or what to like, or when to shut up.
This is no matter of rights, this is no matter of rules or god given authorities.
This is a matter of players wanting a great game and devs wanting to get paid. If players wouldn't care, they would just leave and let the game die. So in a way, even a complaining player is way better than a non existing one.
Actually, many games would've already died at this point, and MW:O would've gone the way of the Dodo if it wasn't for the BT franchise and a lot of die-hard fans.

It's a pity so few people around here face the actual facts. Instead we have a big ego pee-ing contest.

Edited by John Norad, 18 September 2013 - 03:54 AM.

#982 bloo58

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

View PostArtemisEntreriCRO, on 18 September 2013 - 03:36 AM, said:

people here arent entitled, they were given promises and on base of these promises people gave the money for the development of this game. THOSE PROMISES WERE BROKEN AND PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEMAND MORE!

OH you were PROMISED.. well that makes it different.. **** me.. grow up..

#983 Varth Shenon

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

View Postbloo58, on 18 September 2013 - 03:28 AM, said:

the abilitys of a professional sportsman being able to kick a soccerball in the back of a net is a little different to a massive company changing their game everytime some nobody thinks they have the solution to not so important problems

it doesnt surprise me you can make a sane analogy of the situation..

You dont have the right to request anything... you have right to suggest, and people dont realise the difference.. just because you paid money does not give you the right to tell someone what to do with THEIR product... you purchased it, you made that choice.. they didnt force you to use their product so why do you have the right to TELL them what they should do with it..

the ****** audacity of some people.. full of entitlement.. your a NOBODY.. your another number on a chart of projected sales.. in a perfect world this would change.. but we dont live in a perfect world.. so come to terms with it...

Define "to not so important problems"
And please explain what's the difference, as I'm stating that both have the point "Improve what you have done, not just let it slide because you still have fans/consumer".

Still surprised?

Take a look as I'm putting quotation marks on my word. Or should I screenshot it for you?
They (might) indeed doesn't have the right, but that doesn't mean they can just don't give a ****.
Let me give you another analogy,
You bought Windows 8, for the starter, it goes so well. But suddenly, they just mess with it, changing stuff without updating their software as how technology improved, f.e, MAC have directx 15 while windows still use 11. Yes you can't just "WTF MICROSOFT YOU NOOB, UPDATE YOUR DIRECTX" but it would be awesome to be "updated", isn't it?

Please learn how this world goes. You can't just ignore everything given to you.

Edited by Varth Shenon, 18 September 2013 - 03:43 AM.

#984 Kread

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

Keeping this short. played at launch, dreadful game. pretty much unplayable, came back a year later, now the game does not crash every 5 mins. No real changes done that I can see.

I see here 500 posts asking why nothing is done, why no clan warfare etc etc, my best guess..

Do a google images search of any gaming company large or small and you will get back many many images of the games staff, workplace staff out drinking etc.

Do a google images search for PGI staff mechwarrior / Piranha games mechwarrior and you get back...fan art screenshots of the game, and 2 douchy looking guys in suits (used car salesmen they look like).

What does this mean? Judging by all the evidence, NO major development of the game over years, NO pics of the devs or workplace of the people making this game..

There is NO dev team, most likely a couple of kids in their parents basement working on this in between homework and doing chores, admittedly now you have given them millions of dollars, its a floor to ceiling shag carpeted, hired half naked supermodel filled basement...

#985 ArtemisEntreriCRO

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

View Postbloo58, on 18 September 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

OH you were PROMISED.. well that makes it different.. **** me.. grow up..

they asked for money and promised stuff in exchange for that money, they got the money and broke their promises, you are the one that needs to grow up
they breached the contract they made with their customers, it cant be seen as anything else

Edited by ArtemisEntreriCRO, 18 September 2013 - 03:48 AM.

#986 bloo58

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

View PostJohn Norad, on 18 September 2013 - 03:41 AM, said:

Ok let's see..
Namecalling - check
Wildly exaggerated assumptions - check
Disparagement - check
Meaningless or obvious facts - check

Oh yeah, really good arguments indeed. That's totally going to convince everyone to be nice again.

Just btw. the players pay the developers' bills, not the other way around. It might actually seem like the devs owe the players some gratitude. I've heard there are even industries where the customer is king. Not games development, mind you..

Strawman? Thought-terminating cliché? I am not sure what to say. And tbh I'm not sure what you want to say. But it sure looks like you' re angry. You just don't bring a lot of facts.

And yeah, whether or not PGI takes into consideration ANY feedback, be it by players or reviews or whatnot, is totally up to them.

Its not about being nice.. its about growing up and accepting things are what they are.. its pretty clear PGI isnt listening.. so you're only wasting your own time here..

Its good to see you can make a list and check things off.. check these off

Paid for game - check
Didnt think purchase through - check
Got sucked in by microtransactions - checl
WHINES DAILY about trivial problems when the game works just fine and is quite enjoyable - check

heres the only facts i need to bring to my argument..
FACT - there are plenty on here stupid enough to buy before they try..
FACT - they made the assumption that the game would be like previous versions, assumptions are the mother of all fuckups..

this forum is going down the same path as the BF3 forums.. a bunch of over privlidged, me me me dickheads who cant get it through their head if they dont like the game.. DONT PLAY IT.. DONT COME TO THE FORUMS AND WRITE IT OFF

have you ever though that maybe just maybe.. PGI is waitin for you whingers to **** off.. so they can attract some people that might be loyal to the game and invest money with out having buyers remorse and becoming hostile to the game they apparently are 'old school supporters' of.. go back to playin MW4...

#987 Varth Shenon

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

View PostKread, on 18 September 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

Keeping this short. played at launch, dreadful game. pretty much unplayable, came back a year later, now the game does not crash every 5 mins. No real changes done that I can see.

I see here 500 posts asking why nothing is done, why no clan warfare etc etc, my best guess..

Do a google images search of any gaming company large or small and you will get back many many images of the games staff, workplace staff out drinking etc.

Do a google images search for PGI staff mechwarrior / Piranha games mechwarrior and you get back...fan art screenshots of the game, and 2 douchy looking guys in suits (used car salesmen they look like).

What does this mean? Judging by all the evidence, NO major development of the game over years, NO pics of the devs or workplace of the people making this game..

There is NO dev team, most likely a couple of kids in their parents basement working on this in between homework and doing chores, admittedly now you have given them millions of dollars, its a floor to ceiling shag carpeted, hired half naked supermodel filled basement...

I can't help but laugh.

#988 bloo58

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

View PostVarth Shenon, on 18 September 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

Please learn how this world goes. You can't just ignore everything given to you.

take some of your own advice.. you cant just expect the world to revolve around you... 'I WANT CHANGE SO IM GOING TO STOMP MY FEET AND HOLD MY BREATH UNTIL IT HAPPENS'

this is what the whiners sound like..

#989 demonkoryu

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

I wonder what the hell you guys expected from this "launch update" apart from, well, removing the beta icon. I mean, as beta players, you get access to a game early, in exchange for providing feedback, so that the devs can iron out bugs BEFORE PUBLIC LAUNCH. I ask you, how much sense does it make to push a huge, possibly buggy patch update on LAUNCH DAY?

#990 bloo58

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

View PostArtemisEntreriCRO, on 18 September 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

they asked for money and promised stuff in exchange for that money, they got the money and broke their promises, you are the one that needs to grow up
they breached the contract they made with their customers, it cant be seen as anything else

lol WHAT contract.. you didntsign a contract that said you give us money, we'll do whatever we promised

you purchased an unfinished product, which they SAID, not promised, would be improved.. they have no contract with you.. no obligation whatsoever.. goodwill says that they should hold true to their word.. but the world doesntrun on goodwill and rainbows mate..

show me the contract we all signed where they promised to give us what you say they did..

#991 Furball42

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

View Postdemonkoryu, on 18 September 2013 - 03:56 AM, said:

I wonder what the hell you guys expected from this "launch update" apart from, well, removing the beta icon. I mean, as beta players, you get access to a game early, in exchange for providing feedback, so that the devs can iron out bugs BEFORE PUBLIC LAUNCH. I ask you, how much sense does it make to push a huge, possibly buggy patch update on LAUNCH DAY?

or just push launch day back until the project is more or less bug free and complete? or not commit to a date at all?

just sayin'

#992 soarra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:00 AM

View Postbloo58, on 18 September 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

take some of your own advice.. you cant just expect the world to revolve around you... 'I WANT CHANGE SO IM GOING TO STOMP MY FEET AND HOLD MY BREATH UNTIL IT HAPPENS'

Been a member for a month and already a white knight , keep drinking the kool-aid

Edited by soarra, 18 September 2013 - 04:03 AM.

#993 Varth Shenon

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

View Postbloo58, on 18 September 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

"Please learn how this world goes. You can't just ignore everything given to you."
Oh so you can only reply that sentence, eh?
So pretty much my words are valid I guess.

Now your point is going nowhere as I have no idea what gives about the whiners you are talking about.
As from the very start, my point is "IMPROVE WHAT YOU HAVE ******* DONE *********"
No, I'n not raging. I'm just using caps so that you didn't missed it.

#994 Archio

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

The fact that there are so many people here defending a terribly unfinished product and calling it acceptable is just sad.

I dont care if you like the game or not, this just sets a wonderful precedent that it is OKAY to do half the work, and sell it.

None of you would disagree with me that you would prefer a finished product to what we have here. Its like saying "okay, I'll go buy a sedan without rear seats, and its missing all of the window and door lock switches, but those will get installed "in the next year". Yeah the car drives, and does what its supposed to.. but really, every other car comes with all of these things installed when you buy it.

Why should I buy your car that's sold on empty promises when I can buy a car that comes with everything the manufacturer said would be in it.

Edited by Archio, 18 September 2013 - 04:07 AM.

#995 ArtemisEntreriCRO

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

View Postbloo58, on 18 September 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

lol WHAT contract.. you didntsign a contract that said you give us money, we'll do whatever we promised

you purchased an unfinished product, which they SAID, not promised, would be improved.. they have no contract with you.. no obligation whatsoever.. goodwill says that they should hold true to their word.. but the world doesntrun on goodwill and rainbows mate..

show me the contract we all signed where they promised to give us what you say they did..

"verbal" contract...
and those WERE promises, promising something isnt just saying "i promise..."

#996 Jerod Symes

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

1) promises made of CW and UI 2.0 which players eagerly anticipate
2) launch day drops, NO PROMISED FEATURES, one measly cockpit item special
3) Obvious and predictable rage ensues

summary: PGI you could and should have exploited the interest in your games launch. Its a freakin platform for you to make lots of freakin money. Atleast communicating to your players that NONE of the promised features would be included before hand would have softened the blow of disappointment immensely. Heck i would pushed back the launch to coincide with some substantial new feature and then drop a LOAD of specials to generate interest. Really by all accounts and in anyway way you view this launch it sucks, To call this a launch is a big technicality its simply a patch.

#997 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostRavenCat130, on 18 September 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

Jeebus, what whining b*tches.
LOOK.
The game is (gasp) F2freakinP people! FREE. TO. PLAY. If you're one with "a lot of disposable income", then get off your damn duff and become an investor at PGI. If you're "disappointed" by the lack of features, et. al. - here's an idea: pony up some cash so PGI can hire guys away from EA and whatever other have you company to get crackin' on all the shiny goodness coming out.
But if you're like me, a guy who has been waiting for a passable 'Mech shooter with true online multioplayer capability that doesn't involve jabbing buttons on a console controller like a rabid monkey, then maybe... MAYBE... you should give these guys a chance.
I personally don't know of any one company that would run a demo for over a year... OPEN... and invite people to check it out and decide whether or not it's worth blowing real money on (I know for a FACT this was NOT always the case w/World of Warcraft, now they let any jack@$$ with an internet connection and the ability to count to 21 without getting naked get on... but I digress) or maybe just dawdle at it and go find 'the next greatest big new thing'.
I have a REAL strong feeling most of you who are whinging on about not having everything ready and running at peak performance on launch (1) haven't paid over $100 to PGI for any of the goodies they have available for cash purchase (except for Mr. "I blew $800" earlier in this forum post, don't remember his name... don't care.) - so WTF are you wankers complaining about? The devs are doing what they can to get things up and running.. SO WHY DON'T YOU ENTITLED BRATS LET THE PEOPLE WORK?

It's like dayschool for cats. TOO EASY.

1) When a dev tells you they're running a open beta, yet after the beta period you're complaining b/c some features they wanted to get working right (for YOUR butt) ain't yet? Heck. Be glad they let you run the beta AT ALL.
2) Bragging about how much you blew of your 'disposable income' tells me one thing: No matter how good your skills in a 'Mech are, you're still just another gilded twinky with low self esteem and (probably) a terrible skin condition. Here's your Clearasil, kid.
3) Just b/c the devs are turning reverse handsprings to get this game up to speed, it ain't perfect. As long as technology advances, it NEVER WILL BE. Something will ALWAYS run wonky. It's the nature of our technological gadgets and gizmos. I'm sure most of you over 10th grade (both of you) have heard the term, "planned obsolescence?"
4) Whining about the 'problems' of free games = 1st World problem. Shut up.
5) If it ain't broke - DON'T FIX IT. (that's to the devs, you guys actually thought I'd let you off easy? NOT A CHANCE.)
6) If it IS broke, why are you leaning on that shovel? (again, for the devs)

I look forward to PGI and Infinite to add value to your BattleTech Universe title, and here's hoping that not only this (supposedly anemic) launch goes well, but as you guys add to the game, it only gets better.

Good Luck, comrades.

From a REAL BattleTech fan!

Member Since 16 Sep 2013.....

Either a troll account or a person who is actually new and hasnt experienced atleast the last few patches/months not to mention closed and early open beta, therefore has no real idea why everyone is upset.

Move along people nothing to see here.

#998 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

I want new UI, I want regroup my mechs in mechbays, maybe change their name, new maps, more modes etc . . . .

This is not launch for me -_- just another patch.

#999 Varth Shenon

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationLocation

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostArchio, on 18 September 2013 - 04:03 AM, said:

The fact that there are so many people here defending a terribly unfinished product and calling it acceptable is just sad.

I dont care if you like the game or not, this just sets a wonderful precedent that it is OKAY to do half the work, and sell it.

None of you would disagree with me that you would prefer a finished product to what we have here. Its like saying "okay, I'll go buy a sedan without rear seats, and its missing all of the window and door lock switches, but those will get installed "in the next year".

As long as it can move, noproblemo my mate. -_-
LMAO ripoff

#1000 HugoStiglitz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

View PostKread, on 18 September 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

Host state rewind, general network stability, new maps, several weapons work differently, several new mechs, new modules, new equipment, the fact that there are 8 more people on the field.

Maybe you need to play more than one match and take that blindfold off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users