#381 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

6/27/12

I've added this comment to your original ticket and notified the assigned user to respond.

Know that we are very busy with the Closed Beta and account name changes are most likely going to have to wait until we are closer to the Launch window.

Regards,

Robert

MechWarrior® Online™ Customer Support

Yeah...

And I'm digging the Founder's game credits...oh, wait.

#382 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostPOWR, on 17 September 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

And what's the negative about having amateurs doing stuff?

One look at MechWarrior Online should be sufficient to answer that question.

-ba-dum-tish!-

#383 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

View PostPOWR, on 17 September 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

What is the difference between a professional and an amateur, really? Oh, right, you can't answer that... what if, say, he got paid a bunch for doing it, would that make him a professional? And what's the negative about having amateurs doing stuff?

Oh, right. You can't actually make a coherent argument.

Yes i do.
So, MWO is officially an AAA Game. To keep this game running, the guys at PGI need to make money and more new players.
How do you get new players to a freshly launched game? With a trailer! Now please look at the following videos:

Star Citizen Trailer
GTA V Trailer (choose one!)

Just look at any Trailer for any "AAA" Game out there.

Then take a look at the open Beta Trailer of MWO. Take a look at out "launch trailer" again.

Do you realize something?

#384 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

View PostKhanHeir, on 17 September 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

He says to the terminally depressed Mechwarrior who just found out his best friend didn't show up today as promised and might not ever.

#385 Corwin Maxwell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 198 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

wow make a post helping a new player out about the new rules for mwo and it gets censored. thats ok pgi/igp and your gestapo mods can't censor every forum on the internet. mmuuuaaahhhaahhahahahaahah!!!!

#386 tigerija

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

And I agree that game modes are terribly boring what someone above said.

EDIT: But I still think mechanics are fun. Some are annoying yes...

Edited by tigerija, 17 September 2013 - 12:05 PM.

#387 Vector

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUK

I just wanted an up to date single player game with campaigns and a multiplayer option .. I would've been happy with campaign dlc's as well but nope ..poorly implemented semi experimental business plan

#388 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

I like how the video shows the glowing Atlas eyes.... except that was removed months ago.

It's not impressive if you don't see in game what you see in the video.... especially with the "scripted battle" that doesn't ever occur in this game at all.

I can only imagine a newbie asking "Why doesn't the Atlas's eyes glow in game?"

My response would be "PGI removed it for performance reasons. Sorry."

Edited by Deathlike, 17 September 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#389 FromHell2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 734 posts
  • LocationGerm0ney

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 17 September 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

Celestial actually generated the trailer for us using both new footage from the game and some splices from his older fan videos. :P

+1 for Community Contributions!

Nothing personal, but...
It's almost emberassing for your marketing. All credits to the creator of this video, without any doubts. But PGI is potentially the first company that seems to "hired a fan" to make they're own "Launch Trailer".. C'mon... That's frustrating... Maybe not for you.. But for us..

#390 Illuzian Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 213 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

Good job rolling out nothing significant on launch day. I know we were all hoping but you've really met our expectations. At least the media attention has been significant with Gramefront putting a positive spin on the way you've handled everything.

#391 Benden

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostKhanHeir, on 17 September 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Woooooow, and I was thinking that ** I ** became a hater, check this review :
score is : 0/x ?
I've never seen that on metacritic for a major release, lifetime. Well, I hope professional review will be better or ... well.. dunno...

"T88

Sep 17, 2013

The game is devoid of content, with many showstopping bugs that they are incapable of fixing, and obvious cash-cow milking grab deals. If you're looking for a 'pay to not grind' game with no content other than team deathmatch then this is the game for you. The dev house behind this debacle are basically thieves. They crowdfunded this game with some extravagant promises and 'pillars' none of which have made it to launch day. Just please don't give them any money.Collapse

"
Edit : page set up

Edited by Benden, 17 September 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#392 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

Hanging on, here. Once this game is in its full bloom, especially if the negativity of this community, from people who supposedly "support" this game, can be quashed, will be one of the best games ever built. Do you want the game to succeed, or not? Can you possibly, remotely, do some of the absolutely amazing things that have been put into MWO? If so, get off your dead lazy ***** and go do it; otherwise, shut your pie-holes.

Until I heard 88 for myself, all three parts of it, I had jumped ship, but I just can't give up on this.

I believe this is a perception problem, as a lot of folks are perceiving more the things they don't yet have, and are incapable of building themselves, and so decide to ***** and complain and throw fits about things they have zero control over, and over which no one will listen to your opinion while you do so. This community was awesome for the first year it was here; if I were the developers, I wouldn't communicate with you, either, because you take EVERYTHING that's said, cover it in vitriol, and set it on fire. Rather than working toward saving the game, and waiting for the marvelous things PGI have planned to release as their Free-to-Play game moves along, and instead of seeing the wonderful things there are, here, thus far and not worrying about having this game exactly your way, you throw temper-tantrums. I was right there with you, very angry...

This game might belong to us, the community, but we in the community can't develop it. So, if you want to see this game in all its glory, we all -including me- have to stop this naysaying BS. If you want more communication with PGI, stop worrying, first of all, about things you have zero control over, stop bitching and complaining about things that are going into the game -I am convinced that PGI IS, indeed, listening- and just wait for PGI to give the best answer they can, and stop with the vitriol and snide remarks. This is nothing but children I now hear; unfortunately, I have been one of them.

If you want this game, be ******* nice!!!

Edited by Kay Wolf, 17 September 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#393 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostHayashi, on 17 September 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

Erm... so why does the logo on the top left hand corner still have the word 'Beta' in it?

You need to delete your browser cache.

#394 CypherHalo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

View PostStoicblitzer, on 17 September 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

i stopped mwo and my blood pressure has normalized.

^ this

I 110% agree with this.

#395 Raghnall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

View PostSug, on 17 September 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

Lol i noticed that also.

Check the credits in the video description on youtube.

#396 Skinflowers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted Image

"WHERE'S THE KABOOM!? THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN EARTH-SHATTERING KABOOM!"

#397 Redleg04

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUSA

I haven't spent over $500 like some people here have, but I have spent far more than on a single AAA game. I'm a dirty "PUG" player, and if I hadn't been on the forums I would have had no idea today was launch. The game has been getting better with balancing, but it does feel a little stale with the same game modes it's had for awhile. Can't help but be disappointed. I was really hoping there might be something cool or at least mildly interesting today...at least a "thanks" to all those that helped make the game better during beta. Well maybe something will come out with the Phoenix package to make it worth playing again.

#398 Bazooka B

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

I was hoping that they had something in the mix that they were keeping silent. Something like UI2.0 or the beginning of CW secretly added to the patch to make this feel like an actual launch and surprise all of us. I have seen patches that are more exciting than this launch event.

I'm not surprised that they didn't include some sort of feature to make this "feel" like a launch should and I am sure I will be sadly disappointed when it doesn't happen on the 27th either. So we have just another blundered opportunity to do something right. But hey, if you put in 24 games to pad community statistics you get a free trinket.

#399 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

View PostKay Wolf, on 17 September 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Hanging on, here. Once this game is in its full bloom, especially if the negativity of this community, from people who supposedly "support" this game, can be quashed, will be one of the best games ever built. Do you want the game to succeed, or not? Can you possibly, remotely, do some of the absolutely amazing things that have been put into MWO? If so, get off your dead lazy ***** and go do it; otherwise, shut your pie-holes.

Until I heard 88 for myself, all three parts of it, I had jumped ship, but I just can't give up on this.

I believe this is a perception problem, as a lot of folks are perceiving more the things they don't yet have, and are incapable of building themselves, and so decide to ***** and complain and throw fits about things they have zero control over, and over which no one will listen to your opinion while you do so. This community was awesome for the first year it was here; if I were the developers, I wouldn't communicate with you, either, because you take EVERYTHING that's said, cover it in vitriol, and set it on fire. Rather than working toward saving the game, and waiting for the marvelous things PGI have planned to release as their Free-to-Play game moves along, and instead of seeing the wonderful things there are, here, thus far and not worrying about having this game exactly your way, you throw temper-tantrums. I was right there with you, very angry...

This game might belong to us, the community, but we in the community can't develop it. So, if you want to see this game in all its glory, we all -including me- have to stop this naysaying BS. If you want more communication with PGI, stop worrying, first of all, about things you have zero control over, stop bitching and complaining about things that are going into the game -I am convinced that PGI IS, indeed, listening- and just wait for PGI to give the best answer they can, and stop with the vitriol and snide remarks. This is nothing but children I now hear; unfortunately, I have been one of them.

If you want this game, be ******* nice!!!

The problem is that people hadn't gotten to this point... they played really nicely before, and were ignored in many of the feedback threads.

So, PGI is reaping what they sow.

#400 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

View Postilluzian, on 17 September 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

Good job rolling out nothing significant on launch day.

Release of full-featured MW:O is Working as Intended™. :P

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users