292 replies to this topic

#21 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

The total damage potential, yes, is a good idea. I thought about it before but forgot. :) Added as issue 162 (https://github.com/E...lsml/issues/162)

Where would you see per weapon heat/second ? In the tooltip on the left hand side you can see damage/heat and heat/second. Also the graph conveys this, kind of. How would you like to see this information?

I'm planning such a section but I haven't figured out how to display it smartly yet... :D Well actually I'm planning to integrate it with the items list in some clever way but still figuring out how I want it.

#22 Stijnovic

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 63 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

I thought something like a total breakdown with some graphical comparison, like this?

Posted Image

edit: hmm, seems I forgot total damage potential as well, but there is an extra collumn next to ammo - seconds.. ;-)

It would also be cool if you could calculate damage potential and damage per second according to your own accuracy stats. For instance, 60% accuracy with U/AC5 gives DPS of 2.

Edited by Stijnovic, 18 October 2013 - 02:02 AM.

#23 Jaynestown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

This looks great. Where's your donate button? Definitely going to download and try it out tonight.

#24 Ghostsuit

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 63 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, Scotland

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

interesting

#25 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostJaynestown, on 18 October 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

This looks great. Where's your donate button? Definitely going to download and try it out tonight.

TL;DR summary: If you want to help me or to re-assure the survival of the project. Contribute some of your time instead, even if you're not a programmer there are other things you probably can do. ;) If you on the other hand really want to give me something for my work; I have an Amazon wish list for that purpose, see entry 4 in the FAQ here: https://github.com/E...k/lsml/wiki/FAQ .

View PostStijnovic, on 17 October 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

I thought something like a total breakdown with some graphical comparison, like this?

edit: hmm, seems I forgot total damage potential as well, but there is an extra collumn next to ammo - seconds.. ;-)

It would also be cool if you could calculate damage potential and damage per second according to your own accuracy stats. For instance, 60% accuracy with U/AC5 gives DPS of 2.

I think I have some ideas now I'm working on getting them into 2.0 some time during winter/spring next year. I'm going to be hospitalized over christmas/new-year :\

#26 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostLi Song, on 20 October 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

I'm going to be hospitalized over christmas/new-year :\

:D Hope you get well soon and thanks for the good software.

Cheers from Finland!

#27 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Download link at the first page!

LSML 1.2.0 Opening Opportunities
* You can now see the number of missile tubes for each missile hardpoint!
* UI Changes! Moving to a tabbed interface.
* We now show stats for all weapons in the "Weapons" tab! More to come!
* The mech selector has been moved to a tab and updated to show AMS+ECM as well as missile tube counts. The hardpoint summary was also broken up into mount location.
* A preferences dialog has been added where you can change font size. More preferences coming later.
* The weapon summary table shows the total damage potential for a weapon with the loaded amount of ammo.
* A bug has been fixed where after a while LSML would start opening new mechs outside of the view.
* LSML will now work on Linux and other Unix systems if you have the game files mounted.
* AMS is now shown in the weapon summary.
* AMS is now NOT counted towards your alpha strike (Ooops sorry!)
* Item tooltips now correctly show even when you don't have a loadout open.
* Max sustained DPS no longer shows <?> in some cases.
* Dialog boxes will appear in the right places for people with dual screen setups (always appeared on main monitor).

Edited by Li Song, 07 May 2014 - 08:06 AM.

#28 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:54 AM

Thanks Nlcon, l think it would be a good idea to show the lsml:// part of the link, otherwise it's difficult to identify it as a link. Also I think that it should be possible to copy and paste the full link instead of cutting off the protocol part, just to make it easier for the user. Other than that it looks cool, I hope it takes off :D I'll add it as a link when I get home from the hospital editing forum posts with a tablet is a pain lol!

#29 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:05 AM

That sucks :/ Frankly there are so many protocols out there besides the basic ftp http and mailto like: spotify://, slurl://, lsml://, magnet:// . Honestly I think the correct solution is for infiniboards and any other software to correctly identify arbitrary uris as links, well one can dream...

For our forum at credditmwo.com I hacked the forum source to accept lsml:// I can share those changes I made later if they're of any help. I'm not sure what is based on.

Any way, I'm planning a trampoline page to get rid of the problem. I just need to host it somewhere.

#30 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

Download at first page.

LSML 1.2.1 Startup Sufferings
* Fixes crash on startup caused by patch on 2013-12-03.

Edited by Li Song, 07 May 2014 - 08:07 AM.

#31 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

For notifications of updates to LSML you can:
Follow LSML on G+: https://plus.google....483833102017312 (preferred)
Follow LSML on FB: https://www.facebook.com/lisongmechlab (if you don't have G+, may lag a bit)

Edited by Li Song, 03 December 2013 - 04:25 PM.

#32 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

Im confused, i added mechs to my garage, but when i go to garage->open, i dont see anything there except my documents folder?

#33 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:56 PM

@Jun Watarase
LSML is designed to stay out of your way and not ask stupid questions.

As I think you already noticed, the garage contains multiple mechs. The last used garage is opened automatically when you start the program and your currently open garage is saved automatically when you close the program. Unless you're dealing with multiple garages, you rarely need to use the garage->xxx menu options.

If you want to open the mechs in the currently open garage, just expand the "Garage" folder in the left hand side browser panel.

I hope this helps.

#34 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

I think theres a bit of confusion here because you use two different garage terms. Theres the one saved to a particular file and the one that goes into drop down menu on the left...

Is there a reason why the ingame mech lab heat efficiency is different from the one in your mech lab? The numbers do not match up even if you remove heat efficiencies from your mech lab (the numbers in your lab are always higher).

Edited by Jun Watarase, 23 December 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#35 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

I believe that the confusion is on your end, the two garage terms you refer to are the same thing. The garage on the tree view on the left is the contents of the garage file. Lsml will save and open the garage file automatically, you don't need to worry about anything. Your mechs will always be on that menu on the left.

The in game heat efficiency shows you a number that no one really knows what it means other than higher is better. My lab shows you different numbers that have inherent meaning. The cooling efficiency is how much of your heat generation you can dissipate. Anything larger than 100% means that you can not overheat (unless you're on caustic or another very hot map) 50% means that you can only dissipate half of your generated heat, so to avoid overheating you need to throttle your rate of fire to half. The in game number is entirely unrelated and tells you nothing of how much you can fire.

And merry Christmas !

#36 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

I don't believe your numbers are accurate because with coolrun/heat containment, my TDR-5SS with 6 med lasers and 22 double heatsinks takes about 33 seconds to overheat (timed with a stop watch) on HPG manifold, which IIRC is a cold map. Unless PGI screwed up and made it a heat neutral map....

#37 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

The HPG manifold is actually quite close to 0°C (in giant stompy robots terms), compared to frozen city which is -85°C. See here: http://mwomercs.com/...ps/hpg-manifold

Also PGI got the temperature about right, space is cold but it is vacuum so it actually acts as insulation to a degree, similarly to a thermos. See: http://imagine.gsfc....ers/970603.html

For your setup, my lab say 32.7s to overheat, you measured 33. That's within the human margin of error when using a stopwatch. I say it's pretty accurate.

#38 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 07:55 AM

Does your lab assume time to overheat based on 0 degrees celsius?

On crismon strait i hit 99% heat threshold in 26 seconds...thats at 24 or 26 degrees celsius.

Edited by Jun Watarase, 25 December 2013 - 07:56 AM.

#39 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

@Jun Watarase
I did some experimenting/digging today. The temperature number that you see on the ready screen has nothing to do with the actual temperature on the map, it's only artistic. Instead, each map has an associated heat penalty which can be dug up from the data files; for HPG it is -0.3 and for crimson strait it is 0.0.

I assume your experiment with the thunderbolt was done on testing grounds. It is a known bug that testing grounds does not take your efficiencies into account. Also your engine produces heat when you move and you did not mention if your tests were done standing still or while moving.

So let's take a look:

Setup
6x MLAS
22x DHS

Heat generation: 6 [shots/alpha] * 4 [heat/shot] / 4 [seconds/alpha] = 6 [heat/second]
Heat dissipation: 10*0.2 + 12*0.14 = 3.68 [heat/second]
Heat capacity: 30 + 10*2 + 12*1.4 = 66.8 [heat]

Engine heat: 0.2 [heat/second]

Crimson Strait
The map has 0 heat penalty, and no efficiencies are applied on testing grounds:
Thus if you're moving, LSML will tell you that you will overheat after:

> 66.8/(6 - 3.68 + 0.2) = 26.50s (taking engine heat into account).

As you did not state if you were moving or not, I assume you were moving and then 26.5s is pretty accurate as you measured 26s.

HPG
This map has -0.3 heat penalty, which means you effectively get an extra 3 SHS for dissipation. Running the numbers:

> 66.8/(6 - 3.68 - 0.3) = 33.07 s

if you're standing still. And as this is consistent with the number you reported, I'm going to assume you were standing still for this test.

Interestingly, you reported using coolrun (7.5%) and heat containment (10%) in LSML so the numbers shown in LSML become:

> 1.1*66.8/(6 - 3.68*1.075 + 0.2) = 32,75

LSML doesn't know about the map heat penalty yet, but it assumes you are moving at full speed. So the numbers match up close enough by coincidence for your HPG test.

Summary
The numbers do match you pretty well under the assumption that you are moving and you drop on a map without heat penalty (forest colony, crimson strait, etc). Support for taking map heat levels into account is coming in LSML 1.4 due out in a few months.

P.S. for future tests, please note that if you drop into testing grounds, your efficiencies will not be applied.

#40 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

I was not testing on testing grounds nor was i moving.

Took a fraps video on river city night : Not sure why the resolution is so small, i re-saved it in youtube format using windows movie maker....

Edited by Jun Watarase, 25 December 2013 - 01:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users