#261 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

LSML 2.0.1 Touring Tokyo

This is a bug-fix release for 2.0.0 containing some minor UI improvements as well.

Please report any bugs here
https://github.com/E...eporting-Issues

Download here:
https://github.com/E...k/lsml/releases

Changes since 2.0.0
* 'Mech quirks now correctly apply to projectile speed shown in tooltips in the 'Mechlab window.
* Weapons page has been revamped to make it more usable on smaller screens.
* Settings screen has been revamped to make it easier to use.
* It is now possible to input decimal values into the time and range text boxes under offensive stats.
* Made error and warnings more prominent when trying to equip the 'Mech with equipment that won't fit or function properly.
* It is now possible to use all characters in 'Mech names (previously slashes would make the 'Mech impossible to move in the garage).
* Fixes parsing errors since Cyclops patch.
* Maximizing windows now appears on the screen where the mouse pointer is even when the screen has negative screen coordinates.
* Opening a loadout now opens it on the same screen as the main window.
* Added the chassis name to the 'Mechlab window above the mass bar.
* 'Mechs in the garage are now sorted alphabetically (ignoring case).
* The renaming of loadouts has been improved. The text field will now behave as expected.
* LSML will no longer try to automatically connect to Smurfy if you asked it to store your API key.

Edited by Li Song, 03 September 2016 - 08:24 AM.

#262 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:51 AM

LSML 2.0.2 Tardy Testing

This is a bug-fix release for 2.0.1

Download here:

Changes since 2.0.1
* Java versions >= 8u100 will no longer be reported as lower than 8u77 and will correctly run LSML.

Edited by Li Song, 04 September 2016 - 12:55 AM.

#263 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:47 AM

LSML 2.0.3 Fixing Foxes
This is a bug-fix release for 2.0.2

Download here:

Changes since 2.0.2
* Tooltips added to column headers in weapons list.
* Improving error message on invalid API keys for smurfy import.
* Fixes errors introduced by 2016-10-18 MWO patch.

#264 Colonel ONeill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 662 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:26 AM

Not sure if it is a bug or the way it is meant to work:

Changing to a bigger engine than the tonnage would allow gives back an 'unexpected error'. Not a big deal as you can just click OK and keep on, but it told me to report the error.

http://pastebin.com/Q9ybc9iH

Keep up the good work!
o7

#265 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:05 PM

Wooo! Finally got LSML to run on my computer. I dunno why it didn't work before.

It's bugging me to use "Compact mode" because my "screen is too small" but when I click to allow it to change to compact mode, it's no different from normal. I'm on a 1600x900 display, and it's a little awkward an unresponsive in scrolling up or down, but not a big issue because there's not too much at the bottom that gets cut off.

Erasing all the characters in the "Time:" box under Offensive Stats results in an unexpected error, but does not crash the programme. This same issue does *not* occur when erasing characters in the "Rng:" box.

In the Offensive Stats, the "Burst" damage does not seem to simulate correctly... it just gives out the complete maximum damage the weapons are capable of pumping out with absolutely zero regard for any heat constraints. This was the type of feature I was hoping LSML would offer (simulated damage over period of time, accounting for heat, quirks, and modules).

Also, why does the sustained DPS of cMPL seem to suddenly increase here past 200m?

Posted Image

#266 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 November 2016 - 05:29 AM

View PostColonel ONeill, on 04 November 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

Not sure if it is a bug or the way it is meant to work:

Changing to a bigger engine than the tonnage would allow gives back an 'unexpected error'. Not a big deal as you can just click OK and keep on, but it told me to report the error.

http://pastebin.com/Q9ybc9iH

Please report any errors here:
https://github.com/E...erk/lsml/issues

Or send them to the email address as instructed in the error dialogue.

View PostTarogato, on 16 November 2016 - 09:05 PM, said:

It's bugging me to use "Compact mode" because my "screen is too small" but when I click to allow it to change to compact mode, it's no different from normal. I'm on a 1600x900 display, and it's a little awkward an unresponsive in scrolling up or down, but not a big issue because there's not too much at the bottom that gets cut off.

Erasing all the characters in the "Time:" box under Offensive Stats results in an unexpected error, but does not crash the programme. This same issue does *not* occur when erasing characters in the "Rng:" box.

In the Offensive Stats, the "Burst" damage does not seem to simulate correctly... it just gives out the complete maximum damage the weapons are capable of pumping out with absolutely zero regard for any heat constraints. This was the type of feature I was hoping LSML would offer (simulated damage over period of time, accounting for heat, quirks, and modules).

Also, why does the sustained DPS of cMPL seem to suddenly increase here past 200m?

Compact mode doesn't change much, it removes paddings and makes things slightly smaller to fit a target screen resolution of 1024x768. It will offer you to change if it detects that a window wouldn't fit on your screen in the normal size.

Please report any errors here:
https://github.com/E...erk/lsml/issues

The "burst" damage is exactly that, maximal possible burst damage disregarding heat. This is useful for striker type loadouts that come in at 0% heat, unload and pull out. Just set burst time to what ever number your "Time to overheat alpha" and you will see your maximal burst damage.

The sustained DPS graph shows you the maximal sustained DPS and where the damage comes from. Below 200 you need to use SPLAS to achieve that DPS and only use MPLAS when heat allows to.

See here:
https://github.com/E...ained-dps-graph

Edited by Li Song, 24 November 2016 - 05:38 AM.

#267 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostLi Song, on 24 November 2016 - 05:29 AM, said:

The sustained DPS graph shows you the maximal sustained DPS and where the damage comes from. Below 200 you need to use SPLAS to achieve that DPS and only use MPLAS when heat allows to.

See here:
https://github.com/E...ained-dps-graph

Ahh, I understand now. That's just kinda awkward, how it assumes for me that I don't want to use those weapons at close range. Would be nice if there was a toggle for that option, and it was off at first, because that seemed really confusing.

Ah well, I've built a spreadsheet to calculate this kinda stuff now, and it seems to be working great.

#268 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:29 AM

View PostTarogato, on 24 November 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

Ahh, I understand now. That's just kinda awkward, how it assumes for me that I don't want to use those weapons at close range. Would be nice if there was a toggle for that option, and it was off at first, because that seemed really confusing.

Ah well, I've built a spreadsheet to calculate this kinda stuff now, and it seems to be working great.

If you want to see the results of using all weapons in close range, simply look at the max DPS graph (further down). If you just want to see certain weapons, use the weapon groups and look at the summaries to see the DPS.

The sustained DPS doesn't "assume" how you play, it tells you how you should play if you want to achieve maximal DPS in a sustained fight (there's a difference there :P). Of course it is up to you to use situational judgement for when to ditch sustained DPS and alpha the **** out of your target. It's just another tool to help you.

#269 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

LSML 2.0.5
This is a bug-fix release for 2.0.3

Download here:
http://li-soft.org

Changes since 2.0.4 (beta)
* Fixed renaming loadouts in garage causing garage folder to be renamed instead. Whooops!

Changes since 2.0.3 (stable)
* IS/Clan filter buttons have been moved to respective page which they affect in the main window.
* UI design changed from material to flat design which is more in line with LSML core values.
* Many small fixes and tweaks in the UI, colours, sizes, visibility.
* The splash screen no longer shows an ugly java icon in the task bar when it is visible.
* Adds "MWO Mode" where equipment sorting is changed to match the in-game 'Mechlab. By default LSML will use a sensible orderings.
* Improved behaviour when starting multiple instances of LSML, no more "Address already in use" errors.
* Twist X efficiency is now correctly affecting the mobility display.
* Fixed an error in batch export of LSML garages where 'Mechs would appear multiple times.
* Fixes an issue where garage was not sorted after batch importing 'Mechs.
* It is now possible to use multiple select, move and delete in the garage.
* Fixes an issue where the some stock loadouts couldn't be loaded (LCT-3S and the LCT-1M).
* Added a save garage option under settings page to forcefully save the garage in addition to the automatic saving.
* Fixed a bug where the alpha heat value was calculated incorrectly for weapon groups in some cases.
* Made the text field for loadout names not grow stupidly large when typing long names.
* Fixes parse errors since last patch.
* Set bonuses from having all 8 omni pods are now properly taken into account.

Edited by Li Song, 09 January 2017 - 10:38 AM.

#270 GoldenGnu

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:06 AM

I'm not able to create a new issue in the issue tracker, so, I will post the bug report here:

LSML version: 2.0.5
Screen resolution: 1920x1080
Java version: 8u121

Steps to reproduce issue:
1. Open program for the first time
2. Selected auto-detect game folder
3. Found the test server (From the MWO portal) and I pressed cancel
4. Found the steam version (not test server) and I pressed OK

Actual result:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: There exists no original omnipod for HBR-F at Head
at org.lisoft.lsml.model.datacache.OmniPodDB.lookupOriginal(OmniPodDB.java:149)
at org.lisoft.lsml.model.loadout.DefaultLoadoutFactory.produceEmpty(DefaultLoadoutFactory.java:168)
at org.lisoft.lsml.view_fx.ChassisPage.setupTableData(ChassisPage.java:282)
at org.lisoft.lsml.view_fx.ChassisPage.setupChassisTable(ChassisPage.java:172)
at org.lisoft.lsml.view_fx.ChassisPage.<init>(ChassisPage.java:152)
at org.lisoft.lsml.view_fx.MainWindow.<init>(MainWindow.java:77)
at org.lisoft.lsml.view_fx.LiSongMechLab.lambda$start$12(LiSongMechLab.java:496)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Expected result:
No exception...

Edited by GoldenGnu, 28 February 2017 - 03:10 AM.

#271 The Lobsters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 269 posts
  • LocationLocation Location.

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:34 AM

Thanks for the update Emily! x

#272 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:11 AM

View PostGoldenGnu, on 28 February 2017 - 03:06 AM, said:

I'm not able to create a new issue in the issue tracker, so, I will post the bug report here:

It's fixed in 2.0.6.

Deprecation of old formats

From 2.0.7 and forward, support for garage files from version 1.x will be deprecated. Future releases may drop support entirely. If you're still on 1.x (not that I think any one is) it's time to get on 2.x.

#273 Rydiak Randborir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 103 posts
  • LocationJarnfolk Cluster

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:51 PM

Anyone else getting "unable to parse the game date files" since the latest patch?

#274 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:17 AM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 20 November 2018 - 11:54 AM.

#275 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

Life is a thing, I rarely play MWO anymore and have limited time to work on LSML, I rely on you guys to tell me when mechanics change (engine decoupling is apparently a thing) through the github page, I almost never check the forums except when posting a new release. I will put out a patch fixing the parse error and possibly some other minor issues soon-ish.

I plan on doing more for the new skill tree but that's probably half a year to a year away depending on how things goes in life. In the meanwhile I'm looking for contributors to LSML.

#276 LoneHitokiri

Rookie

• The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

This is awesome, I'm throwing my wallet at you. I cannot wait for the finished product. We do have smurfy and I've always loved it. It's would actually be nice to have an app on my phone or desktop that I can actually see the quirks and all the extra tables you offer on here. 10/10 i'll help support it. I'm excited to see what you do with it. So far is been pretty fun to use and with it coming to android I could be even more of a nerd and develop builds on the fly.

Thanks for what you've done so far. It's helped me learn a little bit more about the game and it's an easy pull up reference for when I'm on a need to know basis.

#277 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

Status update: https://www.patreon.com/posts/13590063

#278 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:54 PM

Hi, is this tool still being maintained? Seems like the tool needs to be updated every time there's a change to the XML files? I'm also using the Steam version, did change the folder to point to the steam folder, but doesn't seem to be working, most likely due to newer xml file versions, given the various patches in Oct 2017.

#279 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:17 AM

@arcama75

I recently moved abroad and started a new job and didn't have internet for 3 months. There were regular status updates on Patreon just like the one right before your post.

That said I'm trying to get a patch out in the coming weeks but a lot of things have changed.

#280 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:49 AM

View PostLi Song, on 03 December 2017 - 05:17 AM, said:

@arcama75

I recently moved abroad and started a new job and didn't have internet for 3 months. There were regular status updates on Patreon just like the one right before your post.

That said I'm trying to get a patch out in the coming weeks but a lot of things have changed.

Thanks for the update Li Song!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users