Game Freezes

45 replies to this topic

#21 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

Never experienced that bug on my HD4870, but on my faser rig with a GTX670, I experience this a lot. It is just plain awful, and wouldn't the 4870 suffer under the speed of it's GPU and low VRAM (only 1GB), I would play this game on my slower rig.

#22 Elspath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

This bug still happens and mostly to people with Nividia cards 560 and around there. PGI HAS NOT fix the issue in over a year sense it started.

I'm really getting tired of how little PGI seems to know about creating games when they cant even address a issue THIS important!!!

PLUS NOT EVERYONE CAN ALT TAP THE PROBLEM AWAY!

#23 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:11 AM

View PostStaffan, on 10 February 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

I get this too now, usually the first match in perhaps one out of 5-10 sessions. The bad thing is that since UI2.0, it does no longer work to alt-tab to windows and back again!! (always worked before) If I do, I get the sound back (sort of), but the screen is all black. Have to kill the process. I have the latest drivers. (GPU is GeForce GTX 680 with 4 GB GDDR5, driver version 332.21, running on Windows 8, direct X 11.0)

Very annoying and also ruins the odds for the team.

Please help.

I actually have encountered this issue recently as well, and as you noted, prior to UI 2.0 release an ALT-TAB would generally fix it. Now all the ALT-TAB does is give a black screen but the sound is still there as if you are in game so it seems as though the NVIDIA drivers are locking up and not recovering until the client is forcefully shut down.

I've only had this happen on Alpine Peaks that I remember.

#24 Elspath

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:38 PM

Yep that happens to. The problem never fixed but get worse and PGI refuses to look at "problems"

Played 6 games today and 3 of them where frozen screens that i couldn't alt tab out of. Two of my teammates had the same issue. not as often as me but either way.

Edited by Elspath, 21 February 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#25 Umbroso

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

Having same issue. MWORepairtool does nothing. Happens 100% of the time now after trying to turn in a match. This has made the game unplayable.

#26 JimTheRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

I'm getting this a lot, but it seems quite random. Sometimes a match will work, sometimes it won't. I have no idea why it's happening, but my symptoms sound similar to the ones here -- I click join match, spinny thing spins, the map seemingly loads, I get dumped on a mysterious black screen that will occasionally boot me back to the mechlab if I wait long enough.

#27 inrideo

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

I ran it on my AMD 290 without a lockup, but on the NVIDIA 650 Ti Boost is just locked up the last two matches on me.
I generally prefer the 650 since the AMD card drives me nuts with microstutters.

Is it just happening to us on NVIDIA cards?

#28 Antique

• PipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

might be the new drivers for nvidia, it seems to be happening to everyone and i don't think that PGI did a stealth patch.

#29 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

Still happens sometimes. Screen freezes for good, sounds keep working. Alt-tabbing used to fix it for me, but it no longer works!

#30 Mentat Asuda

Rookie

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:02 PM

Mine hard freezes about every 2 hours or less. cannot alt tab out. have to do a hard restart..

780 GTX TI latest drivers

AMDFX 9590 8 core 16 gig ram

#31 Raptor6

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:32 AM

I just started having this issue. Anyone have a clue what's going on?

#32 Koujo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:41 PM

Having same issue.

#33 Creeping Deth

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:48 AM

This only happens to me on the "Mining Collective" map. It used to only happen once in awhile and I was able to recover the game by alt tabbing out and then going back into the game.

However, as of the last month or so, the alt tabbing no longer works. The game pretty much crashes and when I reload the game and rejoin the match I'm already dead. Very frustrating and bad for K/D ratio.

Again this only happens on the "Mining Collective" map.

(High end PC only a year old & drivers are all up to date)

#34 Darzok

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 255 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:58 PM

I have had it since Oct time roughly i think it started with the first of the 344 Nvid drivers as i do not recall crashing before the 344 but i am not 100% sure if it is or not.

#35 SnkOnDesNutz

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 22 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmichigan usa

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

this still seems to be a ongoing and strange issue.
i have recently started using the 64 bit version of the game as i have 64 bit windows and will experiance this issue now.
never did before. and it seems to only happen in clan warfare. in my case.
seems to also be a known issue with nvidea cards. im running a gtx 770 twin frozer

as far as i can see in the near future this problem will remain.
unfortunate..

#36 Blackhandsaint

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:51 AM

This is getting ridiculous. This bug has been around for over a year and it still hasn't been fixed. Has anyone had any luck with workarounds since ALT+TAB stopped working? Or any word from PGI?

#37 Reaper One Nine

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSL,UT

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

Still getting it here. It seems to be mostly on The Mining Collective and Caustic Valley. I do not really see issues on other maps. this probably doesn't help because its an old map and a newer map. When it first started happening a couple months back I could Ctrl+Alt+Del, launch task manager and that would reset it and I would alt+tab back to the game and go. Now I have to restart the game to get back and Rejoin. Running a 560 GTX here. I will try and run the Razor Cortex and see if that stops it. The older version of the Razor Utility seemed to help some.

#38 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostMacGyver420, on 23 September 2013 - 12:05 AM, said:

This happens to me usually the first game after login since "launch". Alt + Tab out of the game then back in and you should be able to continue play.

Started getting this two patches ago...
alt tab should not be the go to fix....

#39 Sixth Attempt

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

This is unplayable. Haven't played in months hoping this problem would get worked on. Started playing again today and can't make it through a single match without the game freezing and having to end task through the task manager. I really enjoy this game but at this point the frustration isn't even worth it, especially knowing how long this has been going on for. FFS fix this already.

#40 Knight Magus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

I've also experienced this a well - no rhyme or reason to when/why it happens. Sometimes when the game starts or when I'm being shot at, or turning a corner. Once, it even happened when I was watching another player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users