Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 27 September 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

See those mechs on sale? Those are actually mechs on the trial rotation before the launch day, so it's actually "Trial by Fire" in reverse... except that every newbie that were in those trial mechs were murdered in cold blood by other players and veterans that had custom mechs.

Instead of more griping, here's my Cold Blood sale story:

Feeling blue? It might be because I nailed you with Large Lasers in cold blood.

See that Raven? I legged that chicken in cold blood.

See that Quickdraw? I backshot it in cold blood.

See that Stalker? That crazy person shot you in cold blood.

There we go. It wasn't special, but it was quick and painless. Now if I could only obliterate bad sale pitches in cold blood.

Newbies play in the 1100 Elo range. If there is a veteran player dropping with them, his tricked out mech isn't going to help him.

Edited by Heffay, 27 September 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#42 Zendred

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostYosharian, on 27 September 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

I thought I'd rewrite this, something tells me English is not your native language, and some of the story doesn't make a lot of sense. No offence; your story was still interesting =p

Thank you.

#43 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Posted Image

#44 WallE777

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Camo Pattern for a whole Chassis Type? Yea, it's better than buying it for each variant! But for the whole Weight Class is probably a better approach if you wish to consistently sell them instead of only sell them during sales.

#45 Eldyran

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 27 September 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

Clearly killed in COLD BLOOD.

Truman Capote's Ghost is GONNA SUE SOMEBODY!

Edited by Eldyran, 27 September 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#46 Muffinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 447 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

I assume you actually mean 30% OFF the MC price not 30% OF the MC price?

#47 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostHeffay, on 27 September 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

Newbies play in the 1100 Elo range. If there is a veteran player dropping with them, his tricked out mech isn't going to help him.

It is amazing that you missed the point of the entire message.

Edited by Deathlike, 27 September 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#48 Skiddywinks

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostMuffinator, on 27 September 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

I assume you actually mean 30% OFF the MC price not 30% OF the MC price?

I'm thinking the former, seeing as the chassis' still still seem to be steep.

#49 miscreant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 823 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

Meh. Another promo that is easily forgotten.

#50 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Sale on mechs I already own and mastered and the least popular camo ever (seriously, I saw it on an atlas in game once. once!)? .... Hero mech sale please! I really want misery and dragon slayer but I know if I buy them, they'll go on sale the next weekend so I'll wait. I have 12000MC waiting in my account for these, and this sale is not remotely tempting me to spend that MC.

#51 Woopass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 209 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

Thanks for colors! The tartan skin looks terrible! Like that sweater you would get for xmas that your grandma put a whole lot of work into, but still looks terrible!
:D

#52 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Waiting for some new patterns that I like.

View PostHeffay, on 27 September 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

They need to hire some serious business people. Guys in suits. Or girls in suits. Someone in a suit at least.

I hear Law comes in a suit.

#53 Anti ARMD

Clone

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

So a post of a sale that has no graphic... doesn't really tell you what the sale is clearly, looks hidden in a wall of text...

Btw who buys the tartan scheme?! We hav na a kilt in sight me laddies!

#54 Kai Allard-Liao

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostDarramouss, on 27 September 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

I know I'm just one of the new guys, but I love how often MWO has sales!! The amount of sales on the other MMOs I play are as rare as hen's teeth. Granted, I'm not going to make use of this sale as these items aren't on my list of shiny things to collect, but I'm sure they're on someone's list and I'm sure that the items I want will be on sale soon enough.

Did you just say 'rare as a hen's teeth'??? Love it. Gonna use it. That's all I got from this entire thread.

#55 Nuke and Glow

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

Here's a idea for a sale. All MC is %50 off for a week. Since the price is stupidly high for MC.

#56 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

No offence, eh? Please, try looking at someone's location stamped right there in plain sight on their forum profile before making assumptions. He's clearly from Montreal so my guess is that english isn't his native language. How many languages are you able to speak, not to mention read and, or write? Please, do me a favor and write your sure to be witty comeback in french.

The sheer idiocy in these forums has become so ridiculous I wonder why you folks are still playing this game, let alone continually posting in the forums. It must make you all feel real good trying to belittle other's. The majority of you posting can't even write a sentence or a paragraph without editing them, and even then the grammar is still humiliating, but at least that much is good for a laugh.

ove bababoke's response is a prime example.

View PostYosharian, on 27 September 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

I thought I'd rewrite this, something tells me English is not your native language, and some of the story doesn't make a lot of sense. No offence; your story was still interesting =p

#57 RavenGenesis

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

View Postove bababoke, on 27 September 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Oh, c`mon! Is that all your marketing? Look at Star Citizen - they bet on adult people and they got $20,000,000! You screwed all BattleTech fans and going for freshmeat that doesn`t really care about franchise and ain`t gonna pay you for this stupid colors.

I'm dearly anticipating Star Citizen to turn into a POS on release and keep delaying on modes/features that it'll turn into another Duke Nukem Forever

and eventually they say they've used up all the money on developer's booze :D

#58 Madara Uchiha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

Damit Again no Misery or Heavy Metal. Come on im ready to throw money at you here..

#59 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostMadara Uchiha, on 27 September 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

Damit Again no Misery or Heavy Metal. Come on im ready to throw money at you here..

Same here, I would like a sale on misery but I picked up heavy metal when it was on sale in july. I wouldn't be too surprised if they did have an assault hero sale sometime soon after boar's head is released (probably not the same weekend, but the one after that). I'm hanging out for it.

#60 Geek Verve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCentral Indiana, USA

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostVegentius, on 27 September 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

No offence, eh? Please, try looking at someone's location stamped right there in plain sight on their forum profile before making assumptions. He's clearly from Montreal so my guess is that english isn't his native language. How many languages are you able to speak, not to mention read and, or write? Please, do me a favor and write your sure to be witty comeback in french.

The sheer idiocy in these forums has become so ridiculous I wonder why you folks are still playing this game, let alone continually posting in the forums. It must make you all feel real good trying to belittle other's. The majority of you posting can't even write a sentence or a paragraph without editing them, and even then the grammar is still humiliating, but at least that much is good for a laugh.

ove bababoke's response is a prime example.

Oversensitive much? Looked to me like he was trying to do him a solid, cleaning up what he thought was an otherwise decent story. I appreciated it, anyway.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users