Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:10 PM

View PostEonai, on 20 January 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

Anyone else suddenly have their faction change? I could have sworn I was FRR.

Are you in a Merc Corp/player organization? Members of an organization will always inherit the faction alignment of the unit.

#3242 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

Neg. I'm not part of any group.

#3243 MechWarrior3671771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

Has any progress been made on joystick support? I have an Saitek X52 Pro and have found the threads re the workarounds, but geez.

I do sympathize with the devs and I know that I have no understanding of their workload but... has it at least been made a priority? Last I heard we were hoping for analog support of something (I may have that last part wrong).

So...any change in status for joysticks? Is it at least on some schedule?

#3244 Phobic Wraith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

View PostFenrisulvyn, on 20 January 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

Has any progress been made on joystick support? I have an Saitek X52 Pro and have found the threads re the workarounds, but geez.

I do sympathize with the devs and I know that I have no understanding of their workload but... has it at least been made a priority? Last I heard we were hoping for analog support of something (I may have that last part wrong).

None in recent patch notes. I haven't listened to the latest town hall with Russ, so there might be something there, but it's unlikely. Sorry, bro.

#3245 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

PM Loc Nar. He's probably the most knowledgeable person on these forums about joysticks. Have you seen his mechpit?

#3246 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

I do not remember hearing anything for some months.

#3247 DERANGEDDM

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

I don't know about changes, but after some initial setup frustration, I am having decent success with my x52 rig. Decent because I am older, newb, bad hand eye...

#3248 Legal Insurrection

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

So wanted to get into community warfare i am a bit confused between joining faction, and joining a regiment (merc corp?) for a faction.

which would be preferable? I get the impressing that a merc corp for a faction would be beneficial due to more coordinated effort of achieving victory.... is that a true statement?

#3249 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

View PostLegal Insurrection, on 23 January 2015 - 08:11 AM, said:

So wanted to get into community warfare i am a bit confused between joining faction, and joining a regiment (merc corp?) for a faction.

which would be preferable? I get the impressing that a merc corp for a faction would be beneficial due to more coordinated effort of achieving victory.... is that a true statement?

Yes - you will have far more success if you join a Unit and play CW matches with people to whom you can speak on comms. This game is almost completely different if you're pugging as opposed to playing with a coordinated team.

To that end, I would recommend not accepting a contract for CW. When you find and join a unit you'll take on their existing contract automatically, but if you're already under a contract you'll have to break it or wait it out until you can join a Unit.

I would recommend doing as much research on different Units as you can before you take the plunge, though. You're going to want to know if they're more casual or more hardcore, if they're really invested in CW or more focused on the Public Queue, if they switch factions often or if they're permanently contracted with one... It's very important to find the right one for you.

Edited by DEMAX51, 23 January 2015 - 08:18 AM.

#3250 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:26 AM

I had a bookmark, but I can't find it anymore... how can I check out all the topics I am currently following again? :)

#3251 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostReno Blade, on 23 January 2015 - 08:26 AM, said:

I had a bookmark, but I can't find it anymore... how can I check out all the topics I am currently following again? :)

if you have ever posted in the topic is it easy to find, follow the steps below

if you click on "profile" up the top right of the screen in the forums,
then click on "view forum profile" (on right, under your player name)
then "posts" shows your 5 most recent posts or "find content" (on right under "edit my profile") will give you all your past posts in order of which thread has been posted to by anyone most recently

however if you have just clicked follow this topic I am unsure where you can find a list

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 23 January 2015 - 12:55 PM.

#3252 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:45 PM

I got the link by someone.
Here it is for anyone who also would like to check their following content:
http://mwomercs.com/...rch&do=followed

#3253 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:01 PM

Couldn't find the answer to this with a cursory search, thought I might go ahead and finally ask something here.

When do you get the modules for pre-ordering resistance mechs, and do you have to unlock them to equip them?

I'm assuming the second half is so, but don't want to spend the GXP on it if I can use one for free, since I'm saving for the UAV upgrade.

#3254 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

View PostTim East, on 23 January 2015 - 11:01 PM, said:

Couldn't find the answer to this with a cursory search, thought I might go ahead and finally ask something here.

When do you get the modules for pre-ordering resistance mechs, and do you have to unlock them to equip them?

When the pack is released, and rewards are injected. I also believe that you don't need to unlock them, to use them. You only need to unlock the module to PURCHASE it. So if you already had one laying around, you don't need to unlock it, unless you want to purchase more of it.

#3255 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:42 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 23 January 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

When the pack is released, and rewards are injected. I also believe that you don't need to unlock them, to use them. You only need to unlock the module to PURCHASE it. So if you already had one laying around, you don't need to unlock it, unless you want to purchase more of it.

Neat. Was kind of hoping that.

#3256 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:46 PM

View PostTim East, on 23 January 2015 - 11:42 PM, said:

Neat. Was kind of hoping that.

Going along with what he said - the modules that came with the other packs could be used even before I unlocked them with GXP.

They were (and are) also given a slightly different name - IE:

I own 1) AMS Overload - LTD

I have not spent the GXP on an AMS overload unlock (I think? gonna need to double check that)
Let alone the cbills for the module itself.

Yet I can still use my - LTD module.

Edit:
Yes I finally did spend the GXP - but I know I was using the LTD long before I spent the GXP. :rolleyes:

Edited by Shar Wolf, 23 January 2015 - 11:47 PM.

#3257 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:52 AM

To add to what Shar said:
the LTD means Limited and came with a sound effect (if I remember right).
If the Modules for the preorder bonus are standard modules, you might have to unlock the skills.

But my guess is also that you can use them as you will have them in the inventory, but you cant buy new ones if you don't unlock them.

#3258 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:22 AM

I probably should allready know this, but I'd like to know if a single BAP counters all ECM units within its range or only one at a time?

#3259 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:50 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 24 January 2015 - 05:22 AM, said:

I probably should allready know this, but I'd like to know if a single BAP counters all ECM units within its range or only one at a time?

One at a time.

#3260 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 24 January 2015 - 05:22 AM, said:

It only counters the closest active ECM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users