#6801 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:16 AM

View PostTimicon, on 03 November 2016 - 04:35 AM, said:

I know how to buy and sell things, so do not patronise me, please.
I have a Locust to sell and a Catapult, clearly in my inventory, because I occasionally use them in games, but when it comes to selling them, it tells me the transaction is not possible, however I can still sell weapons and equipment.

When answering someone's question here, I find it is the best approach to provide as thorough of an answer as possible, so that if they do know than it's just review, and if they don't know than they are being provided with the appropriate information they need to solve their problem.

Notice how I didn't stop at "how to sell" and "how things should sell" and "what you can and can't sell", but then go on to mention how to approach the problem if none of those issues are your issue? Was just covering all the bases was all, just encase.

So, if you took it with a patronizing tone, it was not meant to have it. I was just trying to be thorough and as complete with my information as possible was all.

Edited by Tesunie, 03 November 2016 - 06:17 AM.

#6802 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:20 PM

View PostTimicon, on 03 November 2016 - 04:35 AM, said:

I know how to buy and sell things, so do not patronise me, please.
I have a Locust to sell and a Catapult, clearly in my inventory, because I occasionally use them in games, but when it comes to selling them, it tells me the transaction is not possible, however I can still sell weapons and equipment.

He wasn't patronizing you. He answered your question.

You also still haven't answered the question of whether or not they are special variants.

#6803 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:56 PM

A Catapult - C1 (double heat sinks, LRM Artemis equipped, certain sensors I will not post, ferro/ends hardened as well as upgraded engine) and a Locust - 1M (unmodified at all).

Edited by Timicon, 03 November 2016 - 09:58 PM.

#6804 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:47 AM

The Mechs you can't sell are not even in the inventory. So no option to sell, So no possible Error Message.

So the Mechs he wanted to sell where listed in the inventory, therefore should have been sellable.

Clearly something for support.

Maybe drop a note here when it is all sorted out.

#6805 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:59 AM

I have noticed that with some(?) weapons, they will hit, do their damage (components may fall off). Then as I watch and wait for my weapon to recycle, their center torso keeps taking damage. Then a second later, they die.
I know it's not other folks shooting them, I see it happening in the testing grounds.

So far I have noticed this with PPCs and Gauss.

Why is this?

#6806 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:04 AM

View PostScottAleric, on 05 November 2016 - 07:59 AM, said:

I have noticed that with some(?) weapons, they will hit, do their damage (components may fall off). Then as I watch and wait for my weapon to recycle, their center torso keeps taking damage. Then a second later, they die.
I know it's not other folks shooting them, I see it happening in the testing grounds.

So far I have noticed this with PPCs and Gauss.

Why is this?

my best guess would be ammo explosions.

when teaching new recruits to the unit about mitigating damage using destroyed components (we shoot off 1 leg then use that leg to defend the other intact leg) on many occasions people would take the trial Atlas, I would shoot off 1 leg then 2-3 seconds later the Mech would die to ammo explosion, I ended up telling people whatever you do do not bring the trial Atlas

#6807 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:20 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 05 November 2016 - 09:04 AM, said:

my best guess would be ammo explosions.

when teaching new recruits to the unit about mitigating damage using destroyed components (we shoot off 1 leg then use that leg to defend the other intact leg) on many occasions people would take the trial Atlas, I would shoot off 1 leg then 2-3 seconds later the Mech would die to ammo explosion, I ended up telling people whatever you do do not bring the trial Atlas

ammo explosions. That probably makes sense...

Shielding using destroyed leg; Interesting.
*checks testing grounds*
Seems the damage transfer from leg->side torso when shooting the destroyed leg is not 1:1 (in fact, somewhat less than 1:1). Is that true?

#6808 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:31 PM

View PostScottAleric, on 05 November 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

Seems the damage transfer from leg->side torso when shooting the destroyed leg is not 1:1 (in fact, somewhat less than 1:1). Is that true?

yes, 40% of damage is transferred to the next component, so from an arm or leg that is the side torso, if the side is also destroyed then 40% of the remaining damage is transferred to the ct (16% total assuming both arm/leg and side torso are destroyed)

in other words if your Mech has a 50 point alpha and you hit a destroyed leg 20 points hits the side torso, if the target has lost the side as well 8 points would hit the ct, as opposed to that 50 damage ripping off, or seriously damaging, the other leg

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 05 November 2016 - 01:42 PM.

#6809 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 05 November 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

yes, 40% of damage is transferred to the next component, so from an arm or leg that is the side torso, if the side is also destroyed then 40% of the remaining damage is transferred to the ct (16% total assuming both arm/leg and side torso are destroyed)

in other words if your Mech has a 50 point alpha and you hit a destroyed leg 20 points hits the side torso, if the target has lost the side as well 8 points would hit the ct, as opposed to that 50 damage ripping off, or seriously damaging, the other leg

I thought this was 25% damage reduction for each component the damage travels through... Making it a max of 50% if you shoot a destroyed arm that transfers over to a side torso, that transfers over to the CT...

40% doesn't seem to match what I'm observing, but then again I could be wrong. Then again... I also seem to be able to shoot someone's CT and damage their arm... or most recently I've shot a leg and damage was dealt to the rear CT... Posted Image

#6810 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

The last update PGI gave us was years ago when they changed it from 50% damage reduction for each destroyed component to 60%, and I have seen nothing to make me think they have changed that, although it is possible I am wrong I would be extremely surprised to see damage was reduced by as little as 25%, shielding has always seemed way more effective than that.

#6811 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:10 AM

I only ever bring half a tonne of ammo for an AMS if I bring one at all and it tends to serve my needs - is this a cardinal sin of some kind?

#6812 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:43 AM

View PostTesunie, on 05 November 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

I thought this was 25% damage reduction for each component the damage travels through... Making it a max of 50% if you shoot a destroyed arm that transfers over to a side torso, that transfers over to the CT...

40% doesn't seem to match what I'm observing, but then again I could be wrong. Then again... I also seem to be able to shoot someone's CT and damage their arm... or most recently I've shot a leg and damage was dealt to the rear CT... Posted Image

View PostRogue Jedi, on 05 November 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

The last update PGI gave us was years ago when they changed it from 50% damage reduction for each destroyed component to 60%, and I have seen nothing to make me think they have changed that, although it is possible I am wrong I would be extremely surprised to see damage was reduced by as little as 25%, shielding has always seemed way more effective than that.

The 60% update still stands as far as I can see.

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 06 November 2016 - 03:10 AM, said:

I only ever bring half a tonne of ammo for an AMS if I bring one at all and it tends to serve my needs - is this a cardinal sin of some kind?

Do you never run out? I take 1 ton per AMS, and I still run out sometimes.

#6813 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:28 AM

there is no solid rule on ammo usage, however my opinion is this;
With any weapon if you never run out of ammo you are bringing too much (on the average game you want to be running low at end of match, an exceptional game you should run out of ammo or you are wasting tons on ammo which could be used on cooling/speed/firepower)
if however you run out every match you are not bringing enough.
in my experience 1 ton per AMS is the right amount, however on the 3AMS Mechs where a significant function of my Mech is to provide AMS cover for my team I will take up-to 5 tons and still run out sometimes.

#6814 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:57 AM

Is it too little? Not really. Things like how much of AMS ammo is enough depends on so many factors. What are other mechs packing(loadout of friendlies and enemies), what is class of your mech(LRMs usually get fired at larger targets), how do you approach the enemy(mainly your loadouts range, can be multiple medium&short, medium&long or only long range for example)

All these things relate on how much you are being fired by LRMs, how much friendlies close to you are being fired and so one.

There is a notion that LRMs are more common on lower tiers, but as tiers are not hard limits, that is, since you are tier 4 you will mainly face and go along tier 3-5 players, but sometimes you will also meet tier 2 players at least.

So essentially your own experience will tell the right amount. If half a ton seems to work, it's enough.

#6815 Spangle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 110 posts
  • LocationNorthumberland, UK

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:11 AM

Is there anything on the HUD that tells me when I'm under a friendly ECM?

I see a liitle 'eye' on other friendlies but what about me

#6816 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:17 AM

View PostSpangle, on 06 November 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

Is there anything on the HUD that tells me when I'm under a friendly ECM?

I see a liitle 'eye' on other friendlies but what about me

You'll find it to your right on the HUD.
See the "eye" on the FAR right?

Edited by Koniving, 06 November 2016 - 11:18 AM.

#6817 Robinson Crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:53 AM

Is there any pattern to ammo usage?

Let's say I have one ton of ammo in each location. Where does it draw from first, second, etc. In other words, which part of the mech becomes safe from ammo explosions as I use my weapon?

#6818 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:15 AM

View PostRobinson Crusher, on 07 November 2016 - 06:53 AM, said:

Is there any pattern to ammo usage?

Let's say I have one ton of ammo in each location. Where does it draw from first, second, etc. In other words, which part of the mech becomes safe from ammo explosions as I use my weapon?

Ammo is consumed in this order: CT, RT, LT, RA, LA, LL, RL, HD

#6819 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

So some say, I read it somewhere here on this forum, that on mechs with hard to hit cockpit the head is a preferable storage place for ammo.

#6820 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

View Postel piromaniaco, on 07 November 2016 - 02:15 PM, said:

So some say, I read it somewhere here on this forum, that on mechs with hard to hit cockpit the head is a preferable storage place for ammo.

I almost always put a ton of ammo in the head. There are a few reasons:

1) All heads are hard to hit and if you get hit clean there, you're in trouble anyway
2) Since it depletes last, you'll almost always have one ton left so long as you have the guns no matter what other parts of your mech are gone
3) Ammo actually explodes very rarely. Even when critted, there is only a 10% chance of ammo explosing (vs 90% for gauss rifles).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users