#6781 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:19 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 29 October 2016 - 09:08 PM, said:

what can cause me to lose lock, when they're 10-50 meters in front of me, and never out of visual ?

wish I had a recorder, to show it happening , it was strange thing to see happening , watch the mechs butt, and the target recital and lock disappears .

I hope it was some counter, going to be really upset if it was a hack

was some kind of anti Streak counter, & I wanna know it (if legit)

ECM most likely. Always run BAP/CAP with streaks. Two ECMs can still block you, so you should run a UAV too.

#6782 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:09 PM

View PostTercieI, on 29 October 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

ECM most likely. Always run BAP/CAP with streaks. Two ECMs can still block you, so you should run a UAV too.

Most likely, it is ECM.

However, I have had some noticeable issues with some mechs with Radar Deprivation (and confirmed no ECM taking affect). Sometimes, I've been able to clearly see my target, but the lock will flicker (if I don't have Adv. Target Decay module to counter it). Sometimes, this will happen even with completely no terrain in the way (rarely), but is more commonly seen when there are cables that block a shoulder of the target mech. (Really annoying having that line of sight, no ECM, even TAG hitting the target, and yet no lock avalible.)

In relation to the question (you were answering), I agree it is/was most likely ECM, if not several ECM fields. (Without more information being provided, such as screens or video, of course.)

#6783 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:09 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 29 October 2016 - 09:08 PM, said:

what can cause me to lose lock, when they're 10-50 meters in front of me, and never out of visual ?

wish I had a recorder, to show it happening , it was strange thing to see happening , watch the mechs butt, and the target recital and lock disappears .

I hope it was some counter, going to be really upset if it was a hack

was some kind of anti Streak counter, & I wanna know it (if legit)

Not a hack, that's ECM. It's a piece of equipment only specific mechs can mount.

When Streak Crows were first popping up, we started tag teaming them with 2 ECM lights, to shut thme down completely.

#6784 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:58 PM

ahhh, had to be many ECM,
I did use counter, but that didn't help, didn't think there was more.
there was no environment to lose line of sight
there was times they were within 10m, and no target (target lose).
it was the first time I seen that happening the way I was seeing it, and happening. why I wish I had a recording device to show it happening, then me trying to explain it.
It was just something new and first time happening to me, and frustrating (with a lot of WTF?)

I just found it odd, being under 90m, and nothing obscuring the view that it could had been ECM, with my ECM on and even off, nothing changed but the targeting lose. Well now . . guess it is possible, when they are Multiples ECM

#6785 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

I'm shopping for two more BlackJacks to master the chassis, and I'm a little confused:
The BJ-3
5% energy cooldown,
10% energy range,
10+20% PPC Heat gen (with a 10% generic component)
and 50% PPC velocity,

That's PPC only, right? not ER PPC? Once I figured out the minimum range issue with PPC (on the Panther) I'm leery of getting a slower medium with PPCs, despite Metamechs saying how cool it is.

#6786 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:15 PM

View PostScottAleric, on 30 October 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

I'm shopping for two more BlackJacks to master the chassis, and I'm a little confused:
The BJ-3
5% energy cooldown,
10% energy range,
and 50% PPC velocity,

That's PPC only, right? not ER PPC? Once I figured out the minimum range issue with PPC (on the Panther) I'm leery of getting a slower medium with PPCs, despite Metamechs saying how cool it is.

Those effects should also effect ERPPCs as well as normal ones. They recently combined PPC quirks into a single pool. (Before hand, the specific PPC and ERPPC quirks were different, but condensed due to confusion.)

#6787 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:31 AM

Confused about TAG and the whole sensoring stuff.

when i see an enemy mech on distance, without red markings, that means none of team systems has discovered it. Lets say "identified".
To identify the enemy has to be some while in sensor range.
Which differs likely to quirks, modules, active probes, uacs, mech sizes, being under ecm cloaking etc etc.

Now i point my tag on a non identifed mech and... nothing happens.
My expectation would be that enemy turns red (is identified) and a lock is acquired fast.
Has the enemy to get sensored/identified first and then tag would "just" fasten the lock?
Does that mean that tag breaking ecm means it just acquires the lock faster on ecm cloaked mechs, but does not influence the "identification" ?

Edited by aGentleWarrior, 31 October 2016 - 04:33 AM.

#6788 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:18 AM

View PostaGentleWarrior, on 31 October 2016 - 04:31 AM, said:

Confused about TAG and the whole sensoring stuff.

when i see an enemy mech on distance, without red markings, that means none of team systems has discovered it. Lets say "identified".
To identify the enemy has to be some while in sensor range.
Which differs likely to quirks, modules, active probes, uacs, mech sizes, being under ecm cloaking etc etc.

Now i point my tag on a non identifed mech and... nothing happens.
My expectation would be that enemy turns red (is identified) and a lock is acquired fast.
Has the enemy to get sensored/identified first and then tag would "just" fasten the lock?
Does that mean that tag breaking ecm means it just acquires the lock faster on ecm cloaked mechs, but does not influence the "identification" ?

When the red triagle above enemy is empty, it means no one has targetted that mech. It can be within sensors of several mechs, as they just haven't targetted it. Same as non-targetted but within sensor range of someone else, will not display on your sensors if it's outside of your range.

Sensor range is 800m for all mechs. Active probe(IS or Clan) adds 200m. Advanced sensor range module also 200m. Both combined 400m to max of 1200m. No quirks add to that, except Cyclops will add it's own and nearby allies sensor range. ( how much, could not find out fast)

Tag has a range of 750 I recall. Once you tag an enemy, a small round-like marker will appear over it. It will stay on it for little over second unless you keep the tag. Swiping the enemy mech over and over with tag is best way to keep the tag continuous.

Techically tagging doesn't require targetting, but usually to be useful you need to target it as well.(for example if you tag someone with ECM but he is outside of others sensor range, they won't be able to target him, only you will) And you can also target someone further away and tag someone closer who can and are targetted by others.

So, the enemy mech in quetion was probably outside of tag weapon range. Or sensor range.

Another option is, it was protected by two ECMs. Tagging mech will counter ECM, but only one. Tag counters all effects of ECM.

For completeness there is a lot of more rules about these things but there is a separate thread about them. Learn little in practice and then come back to ask more stuff.

I think this one is most current.
http://mwomercs.com/...eally-get-ecms/
Normal sensor range is 800 for all mechs. Active probe(IS or Clan) adds 200m. Advansed sensor range module also 200m. Both combined 400m to max of 1200m. No quirks add to that, except Cyclops will add it's and nearly allies sensor range. ( how much, could not find out fast)

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 31 October 2016 - 07:22 AM.

#6789 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 10:25 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 31 October 2016 - 07:18 AM, said:

When the red triagle above enemy is empty, it means no one has targetted that mech. It can be within sensors of several mechs, as they just haven't targetted it. Same as non-targetted but within sensor range of someone else, will not display on your sensors if it's outside of your range.

Techically tagging doesn't require targetting, but usually to be useful you need to target it as well.(for example if you tag someone with ECM but he is outside of others sensor range, they won't be able to target him, only you will) And you can also target someone further away and tag someone closer who can and are targetted by others.

So, the enemy mech in quetion was probably outside of tag weapon range. Or sensor range.

Another option is, it was protected by two ECMs. Tagging mech will counter ECM, but only one. Tag counters all effects of ECM.

While most of your information is correct, there are a few points that are not complete here (unless I am also misinformed).

The hollow Triangle means it's a target you can see and possibly lock, but no one else on your team has locked. Not the other way around. If you wish to share data (such as the mech information and the lock itself), you need to have the target locked. This comes into importance in relation to spotting, such as to assist with LRM missile locks.

You need to do more than just see a target if you want your team to be able to also target them and know where they are. Your team will only be able to see and target the same target you have targeted (no matter how many you can see) if they can not see the enemy mechs. However, you can have a mech targeted and share that target data with friendly mechs well outside sensor ranges.

As for TAG in general use, it is the same as with locking targets and sharing target data. If one person can Lock and TAG (I will admit, I am uncertain if TAG will apply and let a unit be targetable by allies if you don't have that specific mech targeted yourself), than everyone on your team would also share that lock, be able to lock onto that target, gain the benefit of TAG (which helps lock missiles, such as LRMs and SSRMs) and overall the teammates range is not relevant to the ability to share that target data. (However, that range may make the effects of TAG useless, if it's outside their weapon ranges. LRMs only have a 1000m range, so TAG effects on a target outside that range for a friendly LRM mech would be unusable to them specifically, but they would know where the target is.)

In relation to TAG and ECM, TAG cuts through ECM in a passive manner. It doesn't disable ECM at all, but it permits targeting and missile locking. The key here is that the Tagger remains outside any enemy ECM affects themselves. If they find themselves near an enemy ECM and under their effects, than their TAG will not operate correctly.

Basically, if you have a lock on an enemy mech, your whole team can see where that enemy mech is no matter where they are on the battlefield in relation to you or them. Just looking at hollow triangles (just looking at enemies) is not enough for this to happen.

I've actually written a rather extensive (though slightly old) guide/explanation on spotting, LRMs and their interactions. It's long winded and a little disorganized, but it may be helpful if you(anyone) wish to read more into the subject.

PS: Sensor range is only relevant to locks you get yourself. It has no relation to locks shared by teammates. Just to try and farther clarify.

#6790 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:30 PM

Does setting weapons to chainfire delay weapon fire cycles to relieve the ghost heat issue?
e.g. 2x AC20 has a horrific ghost heat issue. Would chain firing them fix that?

thanks!

#6791 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:37 PM

View PostScottAleric, on 01 November 2016 - 01:30 PM, said:

Does setting weapons to chainfire delay weapon fire cycles to relieve the ghost heat issue?
e.g. 2x AC20 has a horrific ghost heat issue. Would chain firing them fix that?

thanks!

Yes that is the basic on Ghost heat. the penalty only occurs if you fire the affected weapons below the 0.5 seconds interval which is used by Chain Fire mode.
So using your weapon group in chainfire will make sure you don't get the penalty at all.
Ofc, sometimes it's worth to get that double shot in. Risc vs Reward.

#6792 Vlad Striker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:28 PM

Chaine fireing AC20 by holding key (not tap-tap!) does not activate ghost heat.

#6793 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:36 PM

in re: ghost heat on dual AC20s.

I would advice keeping the option of firing both AC20s at the same time, despite of ghost heat. It is a good option to have if you are completely cool, may not have large enough window of time to chain fire both, or just need that emergency extra punch.

#6794 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:53 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 02 November 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

in re: ghost heat on dual AC20s.

I would advice keeping the option of firing both AC20s at the same time, despite of ghost heat. It is a good option to have if you are completely cool, may not have large enough window of time to chain fire both, or just need that emergency extra punch.

Thanks - That's why the Gods of Gaming made multi-button mice ;)

#6795 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

If this question has been asked before, forgive me, but why is it that we are unable to sell our unwanted 'Mechs? I have a Catult and a Locust that I would dearly love to depart with. The error message simply says that "there was an error selling your 'Mech"

#6796 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:14 PM

View PostScottAleric, on 30 October 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

The BJ-3
5% energy cooldown,
10% energy range,
and 50% PPC velocity,

Already answered, and in short yes, but if ever in doubt, hover over the weapon in the mechlab until the info window pops up, down the bottom it'll list your current mech's relevant quirks for that weapon

#6797 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:48 PM

View PostTimicon, on 02 November 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

If this question has been asked before, forgive me, but why is it that we are unable to sell our unwanted 'Mechs? I have a Catult and a Locust that I would dearly love to depart with. The error message simply says that "there was an error selling your 'Mech"

Anything you are able to sell should appear under your inventory tab. If it doesn't show there, you shouldn't be able to sell it at all. (AKA: If you can't sell it, it shouldn't have any option to even try it.)

I guess my question would be, what is their variants? The important part I'm looking for is the very end, where there may be a (P), (S) or some other letter designation in a set of brackets. If the mech you are trying to sell has any sort of letter between brackets at the end of it's name (such as KCB-000(L) ), than it can not be sold. These mechs are "special" in some regard, and was given out as a gift (event prize) or more than likely was bought with real money (you wouldn't want to sell those anyway).

If it doesn't have any of those issues already built in... I'd say it's an inventory glitch. Either the game is bugged for you in this manner, keeping you from selling your mechs, or you have already sold your mech and your inventory has not updated to show this. Either problem is an issue, and you would be best to probable contact support via E-mail.

To contact support, get their E-mail address from the site here (look at the top banner and click the header bar called "support"). Select which E-mail address seems most relevant to your issue. Then, send them an e-mail to that address with as much detail about your issue, which exact mechs you wish to have sold, and mention that it isn't selling and what error the game is telling you is occurring. Support has always been very helpful, so don't be afraid to ask them for help.

#6798 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:35 AM

View PostTesunie, on 02 November 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

Anything you are able to sell should appear under your inventory tab. If it doesn't show there, you shouldn't be able to sell it at all. (AKA: If you can't sell it, it shouldn't have any option to even try it.)

I guess my question would be, what is their variants? The important part I'm looking for is the very end, where there may be a (P), (S) or some other letter designation in a set of brackets. If the mech you are trying to sell has any sort of letter between brackets at the end of it's name (such as KCB-000(L) ), than it can not be sold. These mechs are "special" in some regard, and was given out as a gift (event prize) or more than likely was bought with real money (you wouldn't want to sell those anyway).

If it doesn't have any of those issues already built in... I'd say it's an inventory glitch. Either the game is bugged for you in this manner, keeping you from selling your mechs, or you have already sold your mech and your inventory has not updated to show this. Either problem is an issue, and you would be best to probable contact support via E-mail.

To contact support, get their E-mail address from the site here (look at the top banner and click the header bar called "support"). Select which E-mail address seems most relevant to your issue. Then, send them an e-mail to that address with as much detail about your issue, which exact mechs you wish to have sold, and mention that it isn't selling and what error the game is telling you is occurring. Support has always been very helpful, so don't be afraid to ask them for help.

I know how to buy and sell things, so do not patronise me, please.
I have a Locust to sell and a Catapult, clearly in my inventory, because I occasionally use them in games, but when it comes to selling them, it tells me the transaction is not possible, however I can still sell weapons and equipment.

#6799 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:37 AM

View PostTimicon, on 03 November 2016 - 04:35 AM, said:

I know how to buy and sell things, so do not patronise me, please.
I have a Locust to sell and a Catapult, clearly in my inventory, because I occasionally use them in games, but when it comes to selling them, it tells me the transaction is not possible, however I can still sell weapons and equipment.

So just contact support and don't patronise members who just want to help.

#6800 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:47 AM

I will patronise anyone who does it to me, so it is no business of yours.
But thank you, yes, I already contacted support about the matter just before your post, so appreciate you wanting to help.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users