#6741 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:18 AM

View PostKoniving, on 18 October 2016 - 04:25 PM, said:

Within a few minutes of whenever the guy who runs the site downloads his patch of the game. Just depends on if he was working that day.

Thanks.
(ARGH there's a slot for the (L) variants on the website but the loadout isn't populating. Actually kind of weird.)

#6742 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:24 AM

View PostNerokar, on 19 October 2016 - 03:23 AM, said:

To avoid the ghost heat I need to wait 0,5 sec. Does this cooldown start at the beginning of the shot, or at the end?
Example: Shooting with 2 groups of 2 C-ERLL.
Grp1 fired bei 0,0.
Can Grp2 be fired 0,5 sec later?
Or 2,0 sec later, after the beam finished burning things?

View Postmailin, on 19 October 2016 - 03:32 AM, said:

At the end of the shot.

Last I knew, it was as soon as you pressed the button to shoot (start). I've tested this with my 3 ERLL Adder before, if I alpha them I get a lot of heat. If I space them out (2 and then 1) even though the beams are still shooting, I do not acquire the ghost heat.

AKA: If you shot your second volley of said weapon 0.5 seconds after it started shooting, even though the beams are still in action, you should not generate ghost heat.

However, the weapon wont start to go onto cooldown (be ready to refire) until the beam duration is finished.

All of this only relates to laser weapons, which have the beam duration.

Edited by Tesunie, 19 October 2016 - 08:08 AM.

#6743 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:19 AM

View PostTesunie, on 19 October 2016 - 07:24 AM, said:

All of this only relates to laser weapons, which have the beam duration.

And Clan ACs/UACs which have a firing duration.
And Clan LRMs, which have a stream firing duration.
And IS missiles of any kind, if you have more missiles than tubes, as you have a "salvo" duration.

#6744 Tassadar William

Rookie

• Nova Commander
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:25 PM

with the current event, hunted and hunter thing, i have qualifed for some of the rewards, do i have to claim them somewhere or will they come in at the end of the event ???

Cheers

#6745 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:27 PM

View PostTassadar William, on 19 October 2016 - 06:25 PM, said:

with the current event, hunted and hunter thing, i have qualifed for some of the rewards, do i have to claim them somewhere or will they come in at the end of the event ???

Cheers

You won't have to do anything. They'll appear at the end (though it doesn't say that).

#6746 Tassadar William

Rookie

• Nova Commander
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:44 PM

thank you kind sir,
now i can concentrate on the mech melting fun :)

#6747 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:59 PM

Question (long time player, just thought of this):

If you lose an arm on your omnimech, and that arm had specific quirks attributed to it, do you lose those quirks? Or do you still get the benefits even when the quirked component is destroyed.

ex. I'm running the SMN-Prime Right Arm, which has +30% PPC Velocity. If that arm is destroyed, do I lose the 30% quirk instantly?

#6748 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:17 PM

View Postxeromynd, on 19 October 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

If you lose an arm on your omnimech, and that arm had specific quirks attributed to it, do you lose those quirks? Or do you still get the benefits even when the quirked component is destroyed.

ex. I'm running the SMN-Prime Right Arm, which has +30% PPC Velocity. If that arm is destroyed, do I lose the 30% quirk instantly?

I believe you retain the quirks... But I've never tested nor noticed it if you lost it. I can say I've never noticed them stop working when that section was destroyed... But I can't absolutely confirm this for you.

#6749 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:20 PM

View PostTassadar William, on 19 October 2016 - 06:25 PM, said:

The reward stuff come automatically. But, the later part will have trick or treat bags, and they have to be claimed on the event page.

(this was in response to a message way above about IS lauchers)
Some Clan mechs also have less tubes than a location can have launcher on, so they fire slower.

Edited by Teer5, 19 October 2016 - 08:22 PM.

#6750 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:50 PM

Does hill climb module reduce the angle of climb in which your mech stops climbing at all? Anyone tried using it with for example light sniper mech?

#6751 Guile Votoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 239 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 05:56 AM

Are PPCs affected by PPC quirks only, or by energy ones as well?

#6752 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:13 AM

View PostGuile Votoms, on 20 October 2016 - 05:56 AM, said:

PPC only.

#6753 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:36 AM

Last I knew, if it's an energy weapon than any energy quirks will apply as well. But, PPCs also have specific quirks to them, being a unique energy weapon in the game (being pin point instead of hit scan).

This should mean that an energy heat generation quirk should reduce the heat of a PPC. However, this should not be confused with laser quirks, which will say laser in their name (such as laser heat generation).

#6754 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:32 AM

View Postxeromynd, on 19 October 2016 - 06:59 PM, said:

Quirks work for the whole mech, so they are (sadly) not tied to specific locations or hardpoints and also ingame are not lost if you lose an arm/torso.

Best way to see what is affected is if you mouse over a weapon in your mechlab (either equipped or in the list) and the quirks affecting it will be listed at the bottom of the popup window.
E.g. -10% energy heat generation and -5% PPC heat generation both affect PPC total heat ( then -15%).

#6755 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:52 PM

PPCs are energy weapons, thus any generic energy quirk will cover PPCs as well.

View Postcleghorn6, on 20 October 2016 - 06:13 AM, said:

PPC only.

Incorrect

View PostTesunie, on 20 October 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

Last I knew, if it's an energy weapon than any energy quirks will apply as well. But, PPCs also have specific quirks to them, being a unique energy weapon in the game (being pin point instead of hit scan).

This should mean that an energy heat generation quirk should reduce the heat of a PPC. However, this should not be confused with laser quirks, which will say laser in their name (such as laser heat generation).

correct.

Protip: In the mechlab hover your mouse over an equipped weapon on your mech. This will bring up a popup window with weapon stats and characteristics. On the bottom of that window you will also see in GREEN what quirks your mech has that will affect the weapon.

#6756 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 04:13 PM

View PostTeer5, on 19 October 2016 - 09:50 PM, said:

Does hill climb module reduce the angle of climb in which your mech stops climbing at all? Anyone tried using it with for example light sniper mech?

no... it only reduces the loss of speed when moving up hills. thus making it feel like you can climb steeper angles, where in reality your deceleration is reduced and so you can run higher on a slope that you could not walk up if your speed is low. Hope you understand... you run fast you climb high, the faster you decelerate the less height you can overcome.

#6757 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:29 PM

Sorry, folks, so sorry for repeated questions here - with any luck, this should be my last... Anyway, concerning the MechWarrior Academy, whenever I try and use it (for whichever reason I need at the time), I always get an error message displayed saying that I either need to turn my arm lock on or off, but no matter high I do to try and match the set parameters to enter the Academy, the error message of the arm lock still keeps showing up, so I am left wondering, if the MW Academy is there more for brand new pilots (players) to get used to their 'Mechs, and I simply am not eligible to use it anymore considering how long I have spent playing MWO or if there is some sort of bug on my end?

#6758 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:03 PM

View PostTimicon, on 20 October 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

Sorry, folks, so sorry for repeated questions here - with any luck, this should be my last... Anyway, concerning the MechWarrior Academy, whenever I try and use it (for whichever reason I need at the time), I always get an error message displayed saying that I either need to turn my arm lock on or off, but no matter high I do to try and match the set parameters to enter the Academy, the error message of the arm lock still keeps showing up, so I am left wondering, if the MW Academy is there more for brand new pilots (players) to get used to their 'Mechs, and I simply am not eligible to use it anymore considering how long I have spent playing MWO or if there is some sort of bug on my end?

There is an arm lock toggle you can bind to a key. They are telling you to make sure that button is bound to some kind of key before entering into the Academy. Reason being is if you don't, you can't finish the tutorial.

I placed my toggle to some random button for the academy session, and then because it's on a button I never use anyway, I just left it.

Right shift is a likely reasonable key to bind it to. Just a suggestion.

#6759 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:53 PM

how hillclimb works question:

View PostDanjo San, on 20 October 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

no... it only reduces the loss of speed when moving up hills. thus making it feel like you can climb steeper angles, where in reality your deceleration is reduced and so you can run higher on a slope that you could not walk up if your speed is low. Hope you understand... you run fast you climb high, the faster you decelerate the less height you can overcome.

just adding:
that is sufficent on locusts and cicadas to get out easily of the trenches in canyon network

Edited by aGentleWarrior, 20 October 2016 - 11:53 PM.

#6760 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 October 2016 - 04:15 PM

View PostaGentleWarrior, on 20 October 2016 - 11:53 PM, said:

how hillclimb works question:

just adding:
that is sufficent on locusts and cicadas to get out easily of the trenches in canyon network

A locust will practically ride the wall with that module.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users