#7761 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:55 PM

View PostRobaxacet, on 04 June 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

I was out of town for the skill tree roll-out so now I am playing catch up, so sorry if this has been asked already. Question: If you have an ECM mech is it worth skilling into Radar Dep too?

It can still help and can be worth it. If you happen to be nearby one, if you can spare the SPs, might as well take it. If I recall correctly, the ECM boosting nodes are nearby, so might as well.

I will mention that ECM has taken a hit on how well it works if you don't have any skills placed into it. Just an FYI.

#7762 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

What is the current tonnage limit for FP?

I was hoping to run a Kodiak, Hellbringer, Hunchie 2C, Arctic Cheetah. If possible.

#7763 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

View PostGibson Ibanez, on 05 June 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

What is the current tonnage limit for FP?

I was hoping to run a Kodiak, Hellbringer, Hunchie 2C, Arctic Cheetah. If possible.

240 for clans, which puts you 5 tons overweight, methinks.

#7764 Gibson Ibanez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 231 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:45 AM

Crotch.....

Back to the drawing board! Thanks!

#7765 Mechwarrior Ellis

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLoitering on Outreach.

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

View PostKoniving, on 04 June 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

There is some solace. You can use the "LFG" to group up with even more players to form a bigger group for a coordination advantage.
Or you can leap in as two players for a tonnage advantage; sadly this doesn't really pay off unless you're both using assault mechs or really heavy mechs, and then get grouped with many more like yourself (as you'll massively 'outweigh' the opposition whose coordination would have to be their edge against your superior health and weight and firepower).

Of course sometimes you're in the group with the bigger coordinated team, so yeah. Just ask in comms if they're willing to coordinate and what they want you to do.

If you pair up with an ally using an assault mech or a heavy mech that has ECM, you'll have a much easier time getting around without the enemy focusing your weak points as readily.

Good idea. Thanks for this. In each match that we played with an established unit I did ask if there was a drop commander. No answer. I realize most of them were most likely on private TS or whatever. Next time we will just ask them to quickly tell us which map coordinates they are headed to. We can just follow their lead and support without them needing to tell us every little step and mess up their own game.

Edited by Mechwarrior Ellis, 05 June 2017 - 01:55 PM.

#7766 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

Has the cooldown for the AC2 always been 0.72s? I seem to remember them being 0.8s until at least two patches ago

#7767 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:08 PM

What is the current penalty for loosing a side torso in a clan mech equipped with a clan XL engine? IS LFE have me theory crafting. Thank you.

Edited by Kaptain, 07 June 2017 - 11:33 PM.

#7768 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:36 AM

View PostKaptain, on 07 June 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

What is the current penalty for loosing a side torso in a clan mech equipped with a clan XL engine? IS LFE have me theory crafting. Thank you.

I can't quote exact numbers, but your 'mech slows down, and I'm pretty certain if you lose both side torsos you die.

#7769 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:39 AM

View PostKaptain, on 07 June 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

Just as above, I can't say exacts, but Kaether got most of it. You slow down, you lose cooling efficiency and, as stated, if you lose both side torsos than you are still destroyed.

LFE should have similar penalties I would imagine when it loses a side torso or two (as in, less cooling, less speed and, eventual destruction without any side torsos). I would imagine because the LFE isn't as light as the CXL that those penalties may not be as large as with the CXL, but then again with quirks to help IS mechs out (if they are still there), than maybe not...

It's all theory crafting. We can only tell you basic stuff about new things until it's in game. So don't expect too precise of any answers on new things such as LFE until it's in the game proper.

#7770 kyfire

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:16 PM

The previous answers are only part correct. Since you asked about CLAN XLs the answer is you loose cooling and speed......BUT loosing bort STs does NOT kill you! It's the IS XLs that will die if you loose a CT.

#7771 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:42 PM

View Postkyfire, on 08 June 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

The previous answers are only part correct. Since you asked about CLAN XLs the answer is you loose cooling and speed......BUT loosing bort STs does NOT kill you! It's the IS XLs that will die if you loose a CT.

Umm... No...

You lose cooling and speed for losing a single side torso with a CXL engine. If you lose BOTH side torsos (reduced to a CT only), than you still die.

IS XL engines though will die instantly as soon as they lose a side torso or their CT.

Standard engines (IS and Clan) can survive as long as they have a single leg to stand on, the head and the CT.

#7772 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 01:37 PM

If you already own the decal in a Supply Cache and you "unluckly" win the same rare decal will PGI allow you to chose another? If so, can it be of your choice or will it be a random awarding? I personally think all cache award decals should just be just let the players pick one.

Edited by FireDog, 09 June 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#7773 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 June 2017 - 05:54 PM

View PostFireDog, on 09 June 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

If you already own the decal in a Supply Cache and you "unluckly" win the same rare decal will PGI allow you to chose another? If so, can it be of your choice or will it be a random awarding? I personally think all cache award decals should just be just let the players pick one.

No. What you get is what you get.

#7774 Arkhams Sabre

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

Is there any reward for going from Tier 5 to Tier 4?

#7775 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 12 June 2017 - 10:51 AM

View PostArkhams Sabre, on 12 June 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

only slightly harder games and the sense of achevement some people may feel

#7776 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:47 AM

View PostArkhams Sabre, on 12 June 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

Only maybe an increased motivation to hit Tier 3, at which there is no reward. Only misery.

#7777 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:39 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 13 June 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

Only maybe an increased motivation to hit Tier 3, at which there is no reward. Only misery.

PSR is nothing more than a gauge for the Match Maker to find opponents for you. The higher the PSR you have (5 being lowest, 1 being highest), the more "skillful" you are suppose to be. The more skillful you are suppose to be, the better your opponents (and allies) are also suppose to be because they also are suppose to have a PSR around your ranking as well.

It's there strictly for that purpose. Letting you be able to see your PSR ranking was a desired "feature" by many players, so when PGI moved from Elo to PSR for their match making formula, they also granted people the ability to see their PSR scores.

My personal opinion is that PSR should be hidden by default, and then turned visible only for those people who actually care to track it. Overall though, it's not an important thing within the game itself, beside to try and pair people off who are suppose to have relatively similar skill levels.

Overall, just ignore it. It's irrelevant information to the player for the most part, though it can also be a good challenge to work that PSR bar up to the next level. If you are one who seeks challenges to overcome, that can be your progress bar to challenge yourself with.

I will comment, as nice as it is to see it, I don't worry about my own PSR besides as a side note and something fun to track. I don't display my PSR personally for reasons, mostly because I would hate for someone to ignore perfectly fine advice/information because someone with incorrect information with a higher PSR rank showing said otherwise... (Not saying I'm always right, but still.) But that's for me and some of the reasons I don't show it personally. That is your choice to make for yourself.

#7778 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:45 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 13 June 2017 - 05:47 AM, said:

Slightly fewer players blaming their entire team for them dying when they went off on their own and found the entire enemy team.

#7779 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:09 AM

View PostKoniving, on 13 June 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

Slightly fewer players blaming their entire team for them dying when they went off on their own and found the entire enemy team.

You kidding? I'm T2 and I had a match not too long ago where I saw not one, but three individual players charge the center of Mining Collective alone. I tried to help them and ran up beside their charge, but they walked out into the open, with 5+ enemy mechs standing there looking at them. I walked out, shot and then withdrew back into cover. My poor ally just litterally stood there in the open completely still, and fired a second alpha and then was killed. This happened two more times in the exact same spot! After that, I ran to higher ground for a better angle... then found out I was one of two people left alive on the team, so I ran again to try and draw my opponents out thinner (which kinda worked).

Only so much I could do... But I'm gonna guess that those three may not have been the same tier as me, or just happened to make an error in judgement in the match. (It was solo queue, for the record.) It happens, so I wasn't overly worried. Just... Wasn't helpful to the team.

Although... They didn't openly blame the team for the loss, so you may have a point there... Posted Image

#7780 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:13 AM

OH! Quick question for mech build theorists...

I am contemplating purchasing the Arctic Wolf pack as I see it as a lighter (and faster) alternative to my Huntsmen, which can come in handy for group play with those tonnage restrictions. Do people think I could get a build similar to these on it with any reasonable cooling?

MWO:Mechlab - HMN-PRIME (Maybe with LRM10s instead of 15s?)
MWO:Mechlab - PAKHET

Just wondering is all, as it's not on Smurfy yet and I don't have any other mech creator thingy to work with... Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users