• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:04 PM

View PostKoniving, on 28 May 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

Note: After the big reduction in 2016.
I distinctly remember in 2015, Kinetic Burst was 27.5% before elites and 55% after. Hard brake was 25% before elites and 50% after. I do recall the rest were pretty high too. Except the elites themselves, I do not believe they changed at all between 2015 and 2016 with the big reduction.

the closed beta values are in the MWO gamepedia here those are definately the beta to skill tree reduction values as they include the 10% speed tweak which was reduced to 7.5 during the first great nerf of the skill tree. they do not exactly line up with Koniving's memories but look about right, and as an online encyclopedia it is quite possible they are less than 100% accurate.

#7722 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:32 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 28 May 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

the closed beta values are in the MWO gamepedia here those are definately the beta to skill tree reduction values as they include the 10% speed tweak which was reduced to 7.5 during the first great nerf of the skill tree. they do not exactly line up with Koniving's memories but look about right, and as an online encyclopedia it is quite possible they are less than 100% accurate.

Closed beta is one thing, but it kept increasing from that point. I don't think he asked for the beta values.

I do stand corrected, the great reduction was in December 2015; complaint posts are rampant in the patch feedback about how they've made everyone's tech completely useless, such as this one dated: Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:25 AM
Which stats:
"so they went ahead and made all your work on tech trees useless more or less, and made it even easier for a light to stomp a assault, I don't care how good a pilot is, if im in a light and your in a assault I can normaly win it. now they have nerfed turn amounts and speeds and top speed, so it would be even easier to stay at your back while your helpless, or swing past you so fast you cant hit me if you somehow get your back to a wall before your dead. I play all classes of mechs, and I put in a lot of work trying to more or less work every mech tree x3 so I can get them mastered. now I don't see the point, some how this is sopposed to balance it for all the new people coming in from steam, I guess its more balanced if you don't have to work to get a better mech?"

Twist X became 10% in 2013.
Posted Image

Here we go. https://www.reddit.c...l_tree_changes/
From the above link

The changes to skill trees as shown on the recent news update on the subject: http://mwomercs.com/...rebalance-pts-4 are as follows.[indent]
'Mech Efficiencies • Kinetic Burst: 22.5% -> 7.5%[/indent]
• Twist X: 10% -> 2.5%
• Hard Brake: 25% -> 7.5%
• Twist Speed: 20% -> 2.5%
• Arm Reflex: 15% -> 2.5%
• Anchor Turn: 10% -> 2.5%
• Speed Tweak: 10% -> 7.5%
So, once you Elite a mech, some of these are doubled. Here are the changes for an Elited mech:
'Mech Efficiencies
• Kinetic Burst: 50% -> 15%
• Twist X: 20% -> 5%
• Hard Brake: 50% -> 15%
• Twist Speed: 40% -> 5%
• Arm Reflex: 30% -> 5%
• Anchor Turn: 20% -> 5%
• Speed Tweak: 10% -> 7.5%
PGI have not announced changes to the following efficiencies yet:
• Cool Run: 7.5% (15%)
• Heat Containment: 10% (20%)
• Fast Fire: 5%
• Quick Ignition: 33%
• Pinpoint: 15%

So those were skill tree settings post 2015, and to my knowledge they carried until we had our current change. Unless Rogue also quoted the most recent changes.
Note the math error for Kinetic burst. 22.5% * 2 = 55%, not 50%.

as for them increasing over time, note that I had an example uploaded in 2013 that shows Twist X is at 10%, doubles to 20%. But in that 2015 post talking about the nerfs, twist is going from 20% base (40% Elited) down to 5% after elite. Meaning between 2013 and 2015 it doubled.

(Mkay, I'm done. ^_^)

Edited by Koniving, 28 May 2017 - 01:38 PM.

#7723 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:02 PM

How long does it take for Gauss to charge? For how long can I keep it charged?

When you are moving at full speed and release forward ("W") button, does it take Deceleration values into account when slowing down or only when you follow forward ("W") button with backwards ("S") button?

Edited by G4LV4TR0N, 28 May 2017 - 05:42 PM.

#7724 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:52 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 28 May 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

How long does it take for Gauss to charge? For how long can I keep it charged?

When you are moving at full speed and release forward ("W") button, does it take Deceleration values into account when slowing down or only when you follow forward ("W") button with backwards ("S") button?

A Gauss takes as long as it takes to charge and is charging when the weapon bar is yellow, and you can hold the charge for however long the charge will hold before it decharges. (AKA: I don't know those specifics.)

As for the second question, this will depend upon what movement controls you have configured. If you have Throttle Lock on, than you will not slow down at all by releasing forwards and wont slow down till you his reverse (or x, which will settle your throttle to zero right way, slowing your mech as fast as possible).

If you have Throttle Lock turned off (something I can't seem to do because of some lag issue or something (keep standing still randomly while pressing forwards)), than as soon as you release the button, you will start to stop as fast as your mech is able to stop (same thing as hitting x above, but automatic).

So yes. If you are "coming to a stop", it will do so as fast as it can (to my knowledge).

#7725 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

afaik Gauss charges only 0.75s and can hold the charge for about 1- 1.25s or so.

#7726 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:40 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 28 May 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

afaik Gauss charges only 0.75s and can hold the charge for about 1- 1.25s or so.

the above is correct, unless there are quirks or skills it takes 0.75 to charge a Gauss Rifle, it holds the charge for 1.25 seconds then discharges (looses the charge without firing) if you do not release the mouse button to fire.

If you take the Gauss charge skills from the skill trees you can increase the time it holds the charge, I think by an extra second so still 0.75 to charge but 2.25 until it discharges.

#7727 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:51 PM

Does Cool Run node affect external Heat Sink heat dissipation(0.15)?

#7728 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 29 May 2017 - 06:51 PM, said:

Does Cool Run node affect external Heat Sink heat dissipation(0.15)?

Cool run affects all heat dissipation. It does not matter where the heat sinks are located. It takes your total cooling capabilities and adds to that by some percentage (depending on the amount you've unlocked). The more that is, the bigger the benefits (so to speak).

#7729 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:49 PM

What about Heat Containment node affecting internal/external Heat Sink capacity? Or is it based of mech basic value of 30?

#7730 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 29 May 2017 - 07:49 PM, said:

What about Heat Containment node affecting internal/external Heat Sink capacity? Or is it based of mech basic value of 30?

Each heat sink you add contributes to your max cooling AND threshold values. So, each skill will take from your max values of each and add (to their respective portion) a percentage to those maxes. This will apply, just like I described above, to all heat sinks/total thresholds on your mech. It does not matter what is contributing to that threshold, it will still enhance that attribute.

#7731 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

And for internal Clan Double Heat Sinks those values are 0.2 and 2.0 while for external Clan Double Heat Sinks 0.15 and 1.1?

#7732 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:05 PM

About heat sinks and heat contaiment nodes.

There was recently new testing about it, read the last few posts. So it seems it's not how people think it should be.

https://mwomercs.com...ng/page__st__20

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 29 May 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

And for internal Clan Double Heat Sinks those values are 0.2 and 2.0 while for external Clan Double Heat Sinks 0.15 and 1.1?

Clan internal double capasity 2, dissapation 0.2. Correct. Clan external double capacity 1.5 and dissapation .15. So the dissapation was increased in last December patch.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 29 May 2017 - 11:22 PM.

#7733 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:16 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 29 May 2017 - 11:05 PM, said:

About heat sinks and heat contaiment nodes.

There was recently new testing about it, read the last few posts. So it seems it's not how people think it should be.

https://mwomercs.com...ng/page__st__20

Good intel there. Thanks for the information.

#7734 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:37 PM

When shooting lasers, is heat being dissipated during weapon burn time?

#7735 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:07 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 30 May 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

When shooting lasers, is heat being dissipated during weapon burn time?

Yes.

#7736 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

I see. I am using heat formulas from this site here: https://steamcommuni...s/?id=686548357

Sadly it seems things ain't adding up. It could be that PGI has changed some heat calculation values because. Is there any better source on heat info? I am trying to calculate best weapon to quirk to heatsink to skill nodes ratio for many of my mechs.

#7737 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 30 May 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

I see. I am using heat formulas from this site here: https://steamcommuni...s/?id=686548357

Sadly it seems things ain't adding up. It could be that PGI has changed some heat calculation values because. Is there any better source on heat info? I am trying to calculate best weapon to quirk to heatsink to skill nodes ratio for many of my mechs.

Last I knew, Smurfy updates directly from the MW:O game files, and is updated automatically when the site's manager/creator updates his game. It has weapon/heat testing sections, as well as quirk listings. I don't know if it's been updated to accommodate the new skill trees though...

#7738 Keltan

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:05 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 26 May 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

Well, in the evenings EU time, we often have some russian/polish/other slavic countries playing while horribly drunk ... then it's not silent, but it's not understandable either !

Thanks for the info everybody!

#7739 Mechwarrior Ellis

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLoitering on Outreach.

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:38 AM

Hello everyone.

I was able to help bring in an actual brand new player to MWO. He is new to computer gaming. I will be running group queue with him.

Is it still the general practice to recommend medium mechs for new pilots? Or has that changed at all?

I did recommend the Hunchie IIC trial and wait until he has played a bunch of matches before he buys one himself.

#7740 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:43 AM

View PostMechwarrior Ellis, on 03 June 2017 - 08:38 AM, said:

Hello everyone.

I was able to help bring in an actual brand new player to MWO. He is new to computer gaming. I will be running group queue with him.

Is it still the general practice to recommend medium mechs for new pilots? Or has that changed at all?

I did recommend the Hunchie IIC trial and wait until he has played a bunch of matches before he buys one himself.

most recomend a medium or heavy, light or assualt require a lot more skill/experiance to do well in.

my usual sugestion is to have people try a variaty of trial Mechs for a few games each and keep notes, if they fall in love with one then get that Mech, but first check out all the varients on smurfy to see what they can be configured for. if they do not like the trials that is where the notes come in, using what they like/hate about each Mech and weapon it is usualt possible to give a good sugestion for a chassis which would be a good fit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users