Short Question, Short Answer

10297 replies to this topic

#8661 Baron Georg

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:56 PM

Supply cache points: before it was moved from the AAR screen I could view my awarded points, never more than 45 so far. so is this a 'normal" amount of points? None of the patch notes explain the point range given, any clues/thoughts? PGI super secret handshake and decoder ring needed to figure this out?

#8662 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 April 2018 - 10:52 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 21 April 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

If I get to 1000 to I move to Tier 4?
No. What I mean is that the number of supply points appears to be related to the logic used to determine how the match affected your PSR. I've seen it range between 15 and 60, with 30-45 being the more typical reward.

View PostBaron Georg SCA, on 21 April 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

Supply cache points: before it was moved from the AAR screen I could view my awarded points, never more than 45 so far. so is this a 'normal" amount of points? None of the patch notes explain the point range given, any clues/thoughts? PGI super secret handshake and decoder ring needed to figure this out?
I've seen it range from 15 to 60 depending on your results.

Edited by Horseman, 21 April 2018 - 10:53 PM.

#8663 Chryckan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 05:01 AM

Tbh the new supply caches doesn't seem worth getting worked up about.

While I can't say exactly how much points you get or what they are based on, the rate you get new caches seems pretty consistent.

With my amount of played matches per day it takes me 2 days to grind a new cache. So I know that as long as I play for a normal amount for me, I will get 1 supply cache every other day.
Now I can't say if someone plays more or less than me but I don't doubt that players will start to notice that they will be rewarded caches at regular intervals based on their standard amount of playing time.

#8664 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 April 2018 - 10:30 AM

It's less random so i guess it's better than 1/12 chance (and only if your team wins) and you get everything inside whether that's good or not.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 22 April 2018 - 10:30 AM.

#8665 Therewolf

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationThat freaking cold place

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:21 AM

Hiya, guess this is a quick one for those in the know. Been just dabbling with builds while reading and catching up.

With this build I am getting a warning message: "WARNING: You have not enough heatsinks. you need at least 10. You need to add 1 more." despite cooling efficiency is way up there beyond any danger. I'm not asking if this is a sane build, just wondering why it wants me to add a heatsink that is obviously not needed? Thanks.

#8666 Ithilid

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:43 AM

engine rating/25............... 235/25= 9 heatsinks... you are short a heatsink

minimum of 10 per mech... even the all MG piranha has to follow this rule

Edited by Ithilid, 24 April 2018 - 05:45 AM.

#8667 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:17 AM

View PostTherewolf, on 24 April 2018 - 05:21 AM, said:

Hiya, guess this is a quick one for those in the know. Been just dabbling with builds while reading and catching up.

With this build I am getting a warning message: "WARNING: You have not enough heatsinks. you need at least 10. You need to add 1 more." despite cooling efficiency is way up there beyond any danger. I'm not asking if this is a sane build, just wondering why it wants me to add a heatsink that is obviously not needed? Thanks.

You have a 235 rated engine. A 235 rated engine contains 9 internal heatsinks. All valid mechs must have 10 heatsinks which means you have to add one somewhere for it to be valid.

Engine heatsinks are based on the rating number and every increment of 25 adds one heatsink. A 250 rated engine has 10, 225-245 has 9, 200-220 has 8, etc. One the other side, A 275-295 contains 10 with an optional slot to add one more (weighing 1 ton but using no additional critical slots), 300-320 contains 2 optional slots, and so on.

#8668 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:50 AM

Question:
Enemy - 2 ECMs close to each other. Me - TAG + Artemis.
Can TAG breach through 2 ECMs?

Weird - I was pumping tons of LRMs on KitFox 400 m direct sight with TAG.
Only scratched his paint, he was just standing and looking at me...

#8669 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:58 AM

View PostExoForce, on 24 April 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:

Question:
Enemy - 2 ECMs close to each other. Me - TAG + Artemis.
Can TAG breach through 2 ECMs?

Weird - I was pumping tons of LRMs on KitFox 400 m direct sight with TAG.
Only scratched his paint, he was just standing and looking at me...

As long as you are not within their sensor disrupting effects (ECM shuts down your targeting abilities when it gets close, I believe it's around 90m that it does this?), then yes.

Remember, TAG punches through ECM effects without canceling them. This means the enemy still is being effected by ECM. If you are worried about them shutting down your locking abilities, take an AP, which shuts down a single nearby ECM unit preventing them from shutting your sensors down. Two ECM affecting you by being close would still shut down your sensors.

That Kit Fox may have had triple AMS. If he did, his AMS may have been shooting down your missiles before they hit them. Or some kind of wonky hit registration may have even been in effect on that server (it can happen). Maybe he/you where having ping that changed drastically, which the game can't compensate for, producing the bad hit reg/visuals.

#8670 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

View PostTherewolf, on 24 April 2018 - 05:21 AM, said:

The mech design rules from the tabletop game mandate 10 heat sinks minimum, counting together internal engine heat sinks (1 per 25 pts of engine rating) and external heat sinks.

In tabletop they do not count to the mech's tonnage, period, while here each mech has 10 "free" tons extra and the engine heat sinks are added to the engine tonnage. Net result is identical, as far as tonnage and number of heat sinks is concerned.

Edited by Horseman, 24 April 2018 - 09:28 AM.

#8671 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:25 AM

View PostTesunie, on 24 April 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

As long as you are not within their sensor disrupting effects (ECM shuts down your targeting abilities when it gets close, I believe it's around 90m that it does this?), then yes.

Thank You. Min range is 90 m, but I was at 400 m. I am also suspecting weird server issue here. Standing still ECM KitFox and close to him was his ECM buddy. No AMS on them, I could see hundreds missiles hitting him with almost no effect, so my first thought was some double ECM - TAG induced cancellation bug.

#8672 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 24 April 2018 - 04:05 PM

View PostExoForce, on 24 April 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

Thank You. Min range is 90 m, but I was at 400 m. I am also suspecting weird server issue here. Standing still ECM KitFox and close to him was his ECM buddy. No AMS on them, I could see hundreds missiles hitting him with almost no effect, so my first thought was some double ECM - TAG induced cancellation bug.

Sounds like another glitch to me.

#8673 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:46 PM

What is the current status of the Gauss rifle charge?

I haven't played in a long time. A while ago I read something about removing the charge-up delay, then I thought I read something about it coming back, then I was spectating recently and it looked like someone didn't have to charge it.

Also, are there any differences between the clan, IS, light, heavy and normal Gauss rifles, as far as charging?

#8674 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:16 PM

Gauss Rifles still have a charge time. Light Gauss charges much faster.

#8675 Spare Parts Bin

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:45 AM

I as a rule do not use Gauss but the Clan version had longer range when I was using it. Heavy,Light and normal IS differences are weight and range. Heavy Gauss hits hard found that out on Tourmaline Desert against IS forces trying to advance on our base.

#8676 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:11 AM

The gauss timers are different and there is a skill you can unlock to increase the window you have with which to fire. Light gauss charge time is quite long but heavy gauss is quite short before you have to recharge. Regular gauss is unchanged as far as I know, but again, there are 2 skills in the skill tree that lengthen it.

#8677 Chryckan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:44 AM

Is there some skill node that increase MG damage or something? Are used to multiple MGs chewing through the armour of my heavies and fatties in no time but when I tried playing around in the spider-K with 4 MGs I just doesn't seem to do any damage. I can be firing at a stationary target and nothing.

#8678 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:44 AM

View PostChryckan, on 27 April 2018 - 01:44 AM, said:

Is there some skill node that increase MG damage or something? Are used to multiple MGs chewing through the armour of my heavies and fatties in no time but when I tried playing around in the spider-K with 4 MGs I just doesn't seem to do any damage. I can be firing at a stationary target and nothing.

1. Make sure you're actually in optimal range for your weapons.
2. Your MGs are still best employed against weak or open sections of the enemy mech, not vs full armor (unless it's to chew at someone's thin rear plating)
3. The only nodes that affect MGs are range (which increases their optimal range) and ammo.

#8679 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:21 PM

After not playing for 3 years i come back to see most of my 'mechs are gone. Diidn't i have some cataphrac, locusts & spiders? did they all get recalled? Why so many empty 'mech bays? What happened?

Items & engines too...

Edited by HimseIf, 27 April 2018 - 08:22 PM.

#8680 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:22 PM

View PostHimseIf, on 27 April 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

After not playing for 3 years i come back to see most of my 'mechs are gone. Diidn't i have some cataphrac, locusts & spiders? did they all get recalled? Why so many empty 'mech bays? What happened?

Are you sure you have the sorting tabs correct? make sure it is on "owned" and for faction it says "all". Otherwise, you'll only see the trial mechs, instead of your own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users