- - - - -

Short Question, Short Answer

10297 replies to this topic

#9241 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:07 AM

View PostTesunie, on 08 January 2019 - 08:01 AM, said:

There would be two building codes I would need. In mechlab, select your mech (let me know what one it is, the code wont do that as easily). On the bottom right of your mechlab area (not the screen itself), you should see a series of blue buttons: Export, Import, Save and Load. Click Export and past that code here. It will look like a string of nonsense.

Then I would need your skill setup code. Same basic thing as with the loadout. Snag that Export button and paste that code for me.

With those codes, I'll be able to perfectly replicate your build and skill tree without any difference. I can then change out the strike as you've stated before and see if I have any issues. But, without those codes, I could create my version differently, which may "bypass" your problem, rather than having me see what the issue may be.

(I will make note, I am no PGI staff and I am only investigating this as far as a fellow normal player can. I can't say if I can replicate your problem, nor even if I can replicate it I can't say if I can offer any farther solutions.)

OMG, that made my brain hurt. OK, I will work on it.

I'm also having a problem adding armor in builds from the store and maybe home. I have the tonnage but it will not let me.

#9242 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:06 AM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 08 January 2019 - 08:07 AM, said:

I'm also having a problem adding armor in builds from the store and maybe home. I have the tonnage but it will not let me.

As far as armor goes, either a bug (it's happened before, logging in and out solved it when it happened to me) or... what do your C-bill funds look like? You may not have enough armor plating to add onto a mech, if you can't afford it and don't own enough. I don't suspect this though, but it could also be a weight issue. If you changed your armor from, say, FF to Std armor, you may now be over tonnage and it stripped the over tonnage armor away. Same can happen with changing from Endo to Std structure, but in that case it normally doesn't mess up armor values but wont let you add on more armor as long as you are overweight/over crit/etc.

You may even be having more than just an issue on your end. You might be having an error with your inventory counts. But I would imagine that a repair tool, logging in and out and/or complete reinstall (thing's you've already tried) should have cleared that up and resynced your account.

However, without seeing what you are doing on your end, I can only make speculations.

#9243 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

I will have 20 tons and $20 Million left, it is weird.

Also, how about Clain Heros onmipods? Do I have to buy the ShadowCat Hero? This is an FTP account.

#9244 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 08 January 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

I will have 20 tons and $20 Million left, it is weird.

Also, how about Clain Heros onmipods? Do I have to buy the ShadowCat Hero? This is an FTP account.

If you want Hero mech Omnipods, you must buy the Hero mech they are on. You can't buy them separately.

As a FTP account, be on the look out for events with MC rewards. Over time you can easily save up MC, more than enough to purchase Hero mechs. Also, keep an eye on sales. I'd suggest (unless you just can't wait) to not purchase a Hero mech unless it's on a sale. Same tends to go with Mechbays.

I've paid for some content (mechpacks), but I don't purchase very much MC, yet I can currently purchase any Hero mech in the game right now with the MC I've earned from event's since they started doing them. So, if you are willing to wait, PGI will "gift" you more than enough MC.

#9245 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:48 PM

View PostTesunie, on 08 January 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

If you want Hero mech Omnipods, you must buy the Hero mech they are on. You can't buy them separately.

As a FTP account, be on the look out for events with MC rewards. Over time you can easily save up MC, more than enough to purchase Hero mechs. Also, keep an eye on sales. I'd suggest (unless you just can't wait) to not purchase a Hero mech unless it's on a sale. Same tends to go with Mechbays.

I've paid for some content (mechpacks), but I don't purchase very much MC, yet I can currently purchase any Hero mech in the game right now with the MC I've earned from event's since they started doing them. So, if you are willing to wait, PGI will "gift" you more than enough MC.

Man, lol. All the sales just went. I just will not worry about ever running that build. This account only has 1 heavy, 1 medium, 1 heavy and 1 assault. It's all it needs.

Thanks! grrr I have pop-ups from nch5o.click and can't find a way to fix it. That is worse than anything else. I can't really play while it is going on.

#9246 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 08 January 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

Man, lol. All the sales just went. I just will not worry about ever running that build. This account only has 1 heavy, 1 medium, 1 heavy and 1 assault. It's all it needs.

Mechbays are now 50% off, as well as select Hero Mechs.... FYI.

#9247 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:04 AM

The word there being "select" which also seems to mean old mechs that others have long replaced.

I bought a "Shard" when it was on sale. I have a little over 1,000 MC yet and no drive to do the event for 200 MC more.

#9248 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:56 PM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 18 January 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

The word there being "select" which also seems to mean old mechs that others have long replaced.

I bought a "Shard" when it was on sale. I have a little over 1,000 MC yet and no drive to do the event for 200 MC more.

At the time he posted it... It was every hero available for mc.

Now its just a small select number

#9249 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:14 AM

View PostKoniving, on 18 January 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

At the time he posted it... It was every hero available for mc.

Now its just a small select number

YOU ARE 110% WRONG. At the same freaking time, I'm also looking at the list. Show me where from yesterd...funk it.

#9250 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:24 AM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 18 January 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

The big thing from that sale are the 50% of Mechbays. Sure, Hero sales are nice, but are far more common (typically, can't say for the future) than Mechbay sales tend to be. And, if the hero you are looking for was in the sale...

#9251 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:09 AM

View PostTesunie, on 19 January 2019 - 07:24 AM, said:

The big thing from that sale are the 50% of Mechbays. Sure, Hero sales are nice, but are far more common (typically, can't say for the future) than Mechbay sales tend to be. And, if the hero you are looking for was in the sale...

For my other accounts, I have plenty of empty or soon to be mech bays.

I should have bought the ShadowCat Hero instead of the Shard but I forgot about the one right arm I needed just to make one silly build. No big loss.

If you are on the test server, it is still for sale, lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is a dumb build but I have fun with it.

Posted Image

Edited by Mechwarrior 37, 19 January 2019 - 10:11 AM.

#9252 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:47 PM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 19 January 2019 - 07:14 AM, said:

YOU ARE 110% WRONG. At the same freaking time, I'm also looking at the list. Show me where from yesterd...funk it.

He posted that "still on sale" on the tenth. You replied 8 days later. During g the ENGINE sale of the time literally every single hero (short of a few not yet available for mc) were on sale. I bought 31 heroes during that time all 50% off with the mc I got from the MW5 pre-order on top of 13 engines with the cbills I got from the pre-order.

8 days later we have the founder/Phoenix sale which only has 10 chassis on sale.

Today marks 9 days after his post saying they were all on sale.

The sale ended 3 days ago.
https://mwomercs.com...ur-engines-sale

Edited by Koniving, 19 January 2019 - 12:52 PM.

#9253 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:43 PM

Well, you know the old Mongol saying.....

#9254 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:02 AM

Is there any point to taking an active probe with an ECM considering that the ECM overrides the ECM jamming function of the active probe? Would a targetting computer be a better choice in this case?

#9255 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:43 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 17 February 2019 - 03:02 AM, said:

Is there any point to taking an active probe with an ECM considering that the ECM overrides the ECM jamming function of the active probe? Would a targetting computer be a better choice in this case?

There are "some" reasons, but not a whole lot. APs help increase sensor ranges, lets you detect nearby shutdown mechs (if they overheat and you have SSRMs, you wont lose your lock) and gathers data on the target faster. You do lose out on it's more beneficial aspects, which is it's ability to counter a nearby ECM unit, but it does still retain some benefits.

It can also work as a reasonable backup for if you lose your ECM. This way, you can still have a chance to disable ECM nearby. Say you are running a SSRM boat that has ECM on the left torso, but you have SSRMs in more than just the LT, you could place an AP in the right torso (or CT) to help if you happened to have your LT destroyed in a fight. Very situational, but sometimes redundant systems can have benefits.

For the most part, if you have ECM you don't need an AP nearly as much. Typically, you can commit that tonnage to something of more value, but it's also not a complete waste. Depends upon what you are trying to do and what you feel you need.

#9256 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:15 PM

Does PPC quirk for velocity, work with ERPPC on IS side?

#9257 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 05:41 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 21 February 2019 - 05:15 PM, said:

Does PPC quirk for velocity, work with ERPPC on IS side?

As far as I know, unless it specifies "Standard PPC", a PPC quirk should apply to all PPC types. (I could be wrong, but I don't believe I am.)

#9258 BigHugeLarge

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:04 AM

Hello, I'm wondering how to que for faction play matches.
I was talking in the clan chat and heard theres supposed to be red buttons under the inner sphere map. however I cant seem to find one. I took a couple different screenshots but its just a black screen for those.

Anyone else had this issue and solved it?

theres a scroll bar that scrolls through nothing and a tiny grey flag looking thing with some gold streaks through it.

Heres a picture. Apparently not, pictures have to be through a URL. No just upload option?
alright and under my media it says things I have uploaded to the community will show up there but no obvious way of uploading on there either.C:\Users\76thi\Pictures\bf bug found\IMG_20190302_084902830

#9259 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:48 AM

View PostBigHugeLarge, on 02 March 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

Hello, I'm wondering how to que for faction play matches.
I was talking in the clan chat and heard theres supposed to be red buttons under the inner sphere map. however I cant seem to find one. I took a couple different screenshots but its just a black screen for those.

Anyone else had this issue and solved it?

theres a scroll bar that scrolls through nothing and a tiny grey flag looking thing with some gold streaks through it.

Heres a picture. Apparently not, pictures have to be through a URL. No just upload option?
alright and under my media it says things I have uploaded to the community will show up there but no obvious way of uploading on there either.C:Users76thiPicturesbf%20bug%20foundIMG_20190302_084902830

That link would send us to a specific spot on your computer, except that C:\ is not a unique identifier since most people are using C as their drive. You must first upload your picture onto the internet and then share that link, like this.
https://assets-cloud...nal/4099490.jpg

And from there, you then click the tree icon on the format stuff such as bold, italics, etc... The tree in a picture frame has the hypertext "picture" if you hover over it. From there, you paste the link, and that link becomes...
Posted Image
A picture.

#9260 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:54 AM

Note the advertisement above is 21 years old. Its just an example (and interesting, because that 1/35th scale Mad Cat would be smaller than some 35 ton mechs in MWO, and 1.033 meters shorter than the Omnimech scale made 6 laters later for the Mad Cat / Timber Wolf.)

To answer your question...
There are no red buttons under the faction map. I've never seen any, and while I haven't played continuously, I've been here since April 2012 (didn't join the forums until May).

I have seen a red scrolling marque. This is only when the game servers are going to shut down for 1 to 5 hours due to an update/patch/reset.

I also don't have any scroll bars anywhere, but I'm running at 1080P, so 1920x1080.
What resolution are you playing at?

Edited by Koniving, 02 March 2019 - 10:57 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users