#9261 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 March 2019 - 12:30 AM

View PostBigHugeLarge, on 02 March 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

Hello, I'm wondering how to que for faction play matches.
I was talking in the clan chat and heard theres supposed to be red buttons under the inner sphere map. however I cant seem to find one. I took a couple different screenshots but its just a black screen for those.

Anyone else had this issue and solved it?
Your description does not match any part of the FP UI. Watch this:

theres a scroll bar that scrolls through nothing and a tiny grey flag looking thing with some gold streaks through it.
Menu on the left side, click "Career".

Heres a picture. Apparently not, pictures have to be through a URL. No just upload option?
alright and under my media it says things I have uploaded to the community will show up there but no obvious way of uploading on there either.
Just post them to http://imgur.com/ and give us a link here.

#9262 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 03 March 2019 - 01:09 AM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 08 January 2019 - 08:01 AM, said:

When and can you buy Clan Heros omnipods? As in the ShadowCat.

You can only buy hero omnipods only with heroes themselves, so If you sell a hero omnipod, it's gone forever. Although, if you sell it by accident you can ask support to revert it, but only once.

#9263 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:42 PM

Are them jam chances for Ultra Autocannons known and posted anywhere?

It seems like my ultras jam all the freakin' time, especially my clan ultras. I'd like to know statistically what the % chance of jamming is whenever I pull a double tap.

#9264 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:20 PM

View PostShooterMcGavin80, on 09 March 2019 - 08:42 PM, said:

It seems like my ultras jam all the freakin' time, especially my clan ultras. I'd like to know statistically what the % chance of jamming is whenever I pull a double tap.

I don't know the exact chances, but something I feel should be noted, with Ultra ACs, every time you pull the trigger it has a chance to jam, rather it fires or not. This means, if you time your shots poorly (or your mouse/the game decides to double/triple/etc tap for you) and go click happy, it just increases the chance to jam without any benefit.

Say, it takes an UAC three seconds to cool off (for reference sake). You hit the button six times within those three seconds. You will get your first shot, in theory a second shot, and then needlessly have four more chances to jam your UAC without any shots going out. So be aware of this, and time your shots. Don't go all click happy... (Suspected this for some time, but later another player mentioned it as confirmed, and considering they are a better player than I, I suspect it to be true.)

#9265 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:34 AM

View PostShooterMcGavin80, on 09 March 2019 - 08:42 PM, said:

On the items API.
https://mwomercs.com.../list/full.json

#9266 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:09 AM

View PostTesunie, on 09 March 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

I don't know the exact chances, but something I feel should be noted, with Ultra ACs, every time you pull the trigger it has a chance to jam, rather it fires or not. This means, if you time your shots poorly (or your mouse/the game decides to double/triple/etc tap for you) and go click happy, it just increases the chance to jam without any benefit.

Say, it takes an UAC three seconds to cool off (for reference sake). You hit the button six times within those three seconds. You will get your first shot, in theory a second shot, and then needlessly have four more chances to jam your UAC without any shots going out. So be aware of this, and time your shots. Don't go all click happy... (Suspected this for some time, but later another player mentioned it as confirmed, and considering they are a better player than I, I suspect it to be true.)

I've head both sides of this, that spam clicking does not affect, and that spam clicking does. Not sure which is true. Generally I do not spam click, but wait for the cooldown. And my MCII-B still gets a nonsense amount of jams.

View PostHorseman, on 10 March 2019 - 05:34 AM, said:

Okay, the summary:

Inner Sphere:

UAC2 Jam chance: 0.15
UAC2 Jam time: 3.5

UAC5 Jam chance: 0.15
UAC5 Jam time: 6

UAC10 Jam chance: 0.15
UAC10 Jam time: 7.5

UAC20 Jam chance: 0.14
UAC20 Jam time: 7.5

Clan:

UAC2 Jam chance: 0.17
UAC2 Jam time: 3.75

UAC5 Jam chance: 0.17
UAC5 Jam time: 6.5

UAC10 Jam chance: 0.17
UAC10 Jam time: 8.0

UAC20 Jam chance: 0.16
UAC20 Jam time: 8.0

So, on average, I should be able to fire my clan UAC10's a little more than five times between jams. In game it seems like I can often barely get two clean shots off before a jam. I might have to do some testing grounds work...

#9267 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:19 AM

View PostShooterMcGavin80, on 10 March 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

I've head both sides of this, that spam clicking does not affect, and that spam clicking does. Not sure which is true. Generally I do not spam click, but wait for the cooldown. And my MCII-B still gets a nonsense amount of jams.

Considering I've had many times where I have accidentally triple (or more) clicked before it went back off cooldown, after it fired it's second shot, and then jam? I'm inclined to believe it does have a chance every time it's clicked.

Then again, I will leave enough room for error that maybe I didn't notice it jammed, it lagged it's jam (similar to lagging zoom features) or something else.

UACs are also suppose to always shoot a second shot before jamming, yet I can't tell you how many times I've jammed after shooting once (single click) and never got a second shot before the jam as far as I could notice... Probably a lag issue, mouse registering several clicks despite not being clicked, etc.

Those jam times keep being a killer, and I do agree that, despite being only a ~16% chance (0.16) for jamming, it seems more like it jams a lot more often than that...

#9268 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:18 PM

Statistic is one thing, HSR another...

#9269 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 10:42 PM

I have a new player who is trying to do events, but for him the events are not showing up in the MWO client. He can find them on the website, but the client doesn't show any. He's played 25 matches. Is there some other requirement before he is allowed to do events through the MWO client?

Edited by shaytalis, 10 May 2019 - 11:06 PM.

#9270 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 May 2019 - 11:43 PM

No, he should be able to see them immediately.

#9271 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:01 AM

View Postshaytalis, on 10 May 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

I have a new player who is trying to do events, but for him the events are not showing up in the MWO client. He can find them on the website, but the client doesn't show any. He's played 25 matches. Is there some other requirement before he is allowed to do events through the MWO client?

Some people/computers/things have issues with the in game event tracker. I've held two computers since it's implementation. My old computer rarely if ever had the in game event tracker work. My new computer has had the event tracker within the game work since day one and it's always worked from what I've noticed.

I will say, the website event tracker works perfectly fine as long as you are logged into your account on the website. Anything claimed there will be granted to your account, delayed by a single match/load session. (Play a "match" on the testing grounds and it does the trick.) I've actually gotten so use to the web version that I have found it more preferable to the in game event tracker. It's easier to use, takes less time, and I can be my paranoid self and check it a billion times after I've died in a match, something you can't do with the in game version, which can only be checked between matches after a load time.

If the in game tracker is failing to load/show, it's a technical issue. I'm not sure what makes it work or not work, but I suspect it's either a problem with the download, having multiple people playing MW:O on the same network (maybe), or might be a problem with how certain hardware specs interact with the program. I'm not a designer, so I'm not certain.

Edit: Mostly grammar and spelling. Evil grammar and spelling...

Edited by Tesunie, 11 May 2019 - 07:03 AM.

#9272 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:06 AM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 03 March 2019 - 01:09 AM, said:

You can only buy hero omnipods only with heroes themselves, so If you sell a hero omnipod, it's gone forever. Although, if you sell it by accident you can ask support to revert it, but only once.

In the event going on now you can see what will be on sale. I got the Hero Shadowcat and on another account i will get a Hellbringer, both half off. I bought another Jenner etc just fot the engine.

View PostTesunie, on 09 March 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

And what if anything is different if you are using FireControl and you are firing them 2,3,5,6 by pressing button 2

#9273 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:32 AM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 13 May 2019 - 07:06 AM, said:

And what if anything is different if you are using FireControl and you are firing them 2,3,5,6 by pressing button 2

With the exception of a bug with RACs and MGs for a short amount of time, Fire Control doesn't do anything more than a player can achieve in the game. It can produce artificial fire discipline and unique and steady fire rates, but in theory produced no "practical an unfair advantage" to a player using it over one who is not. (This is in disregard to what I may feel one way or another, it's how it's theoretically works.)

For example, a player with a great sense of timing and fire control will never attempt to shoot their UAC more than twice in a single cooldown cycle, avoiding unnecessary jam chances. However, any Fire Control type system can be set up to make it impossible to incur unnecessary jam chances by limiting the number of key presses to never exceed the total amount desired within the time frame. Basically, with Fire Control, a player with it properly set up may press the fire button on their UAC as many times as they want between cooldowns, but the Fire Control system will limit the button presses to register no more than twice in a set time (the projected cooldown cycle of the UAC).

Fire Control use to provide an advantage for RACs for a short while where RACs could deal more damage per second with "inhumanly possible" amount of clicks per second. However, this has sense been patched out of viability, and RACs can now no longer exceed the same amount of DPS as though one has held down the fire button on the RACs. (MGs also use to have this benefit, but has also been patched out.)

Only thing left that Fire Control can effectively do better (with in game benefits) from my experience is maintaining the ability to always have a Gauss charged nearly indefinitely, with short "recharge" cycle weaknesses, letting the player instantly shoot a Gauss without delay of charge (provided it isn't on it's recharge cycle) by constantly charging and recharging the Gauss as soon as it's charge time is exceeded. AKA: A player with a properly set up Fire Control for Gauss could, in theory, have their Gauss nearly always charged, and then upon the click of the fire button shoot a fast reactionary shot without need to wait for the Gauss to charge up before the shot.

Otherwise, as far as I understand your statement I'm responding to; You can, in theory, shoot your weapon groups in a timed manner within a set sequence (such as 2345), by strumming your fingers across the fire keys in a rhythm. On the flip side, Fire Control can do this within a single button press, making it easier and requiring less attention. (This style of "fire control" is often used to quickly rapid fire weapons, of note AC2s, in a stream. It's actually more effective to shoot groups of AC2s in alphas for damage (pin point it all on a single location), but a stream of shells can deal more damage potentially because it's not all "hit or miss" and can be adjusted as needed to land hits on target. Also, ACs fired so quickly can produce blinding effects, possibly preventing accurate return fire. Can also be used for suppression roles. Mostly done though because "it sounds cool".)

#9274 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:25 AM

Hi

Im playing MWO about a month. Recently I've red about sync drops. Allegedly it is against the rules. Is it against game regulations or is it just treated as lame behavior?

Group launch sucks, when you have only 2 players in a group.

#9275 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 07:38 AM

View PostBistrorider, on 22 June 2019 - 05:25 AM, said:

Hi

Im playing MWO about a month. Recently I've red about sync drops. Allegedly it is against the rules. Is it against game regulations or is it just treated as lame behavior?

Sync dropping is usually not easy to do, and as you are just as likely to be on opposite teams as you are on the same team (if you even drop together in the first place), it's usually not a big deal.

Sync dropping as two players normally isn't a big deal, even if you do manage to drop together on the same team. Sync dropping becomes more of an issue with larger groups, where several people sync drop together in a single player match as it can give unfair advantages to those who drop in a large sync group all on comms. It gets worse if it's planned smaller teams in group queue, because then they are a large team with access to more tonnage while still being a well coordinated group. (Ex: two groups of 6 players are likely to find themselves together via MM placement to create a single 12 man team, and would give them more tonnage to work with than if they had just created a single 12 man team.)
I have not read the rules and regulations in a while, but I don't recall it mentioning sync dropping much. For the most part though, two people trying to sync drop shouldn't be much of an issue and I don't think PGI would do anything about it (unless you make it a problem). Most people probably wouldn't even notice (unless you announce it and/or make it a problem).

A safer solution would be to try and find another person or two for a slightly larger group, or adjust the times that you are playing at (yeah I know...). Sometimes my girlfriend and I can drop together quickly, other times it takes a while. If you keep waiting you will find a match eventually (in theory). So let the MM search for a good while before canceling and retrying (at least a few minutes). The longer you wait, the more MM eases up on it's search restrictions.

#9276 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:48 PM

View PostBistrorider, on 22 June 2019 - 05:25 AM, said:

Hi

That rule was written when it was incredibly easy to do. Since then an ELO system was put in and later that was revised with a player skill rating and tier system. So, unless you two started the game at the same time with fresh accounts, sync dropping is really difficult unless during poor population hours, as by now your tiers have diverged enough to make it just short of a miracle to pull off.

Now if the two of you are similar in skill set and (more importantly to the system, similar in teamwork activities such as sticking together, firing on the same target as other people, etc), then it might be a lot easier.

#9277 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:10 PM

^That is a BS answer.

Matchmaker only tries to match up based on a two tier differential and class. Das it.

#9278 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:19 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 23 June 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

^That is a BS answer.

Matchmaker only tries to match up based on a two tier differential and class. Das it.

If Person A is tier 1
And Person B is tier 5
And the two try to sync drop, it doesn't really work.
So how is it BS?
You're saying the same thing I am but saying mine is BS.

If one account is much older than another, chances are they're tiers apart which make it far more difficult to get into the same match.

"as by now your tiers have diverged enough to make it just short of a miracle to pull off."
In other words "Person A is probably in a much higher tier than Person B [the new player in tier 4 or 5]"

#9279 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:22 PM

"Now if the two of you are similar in skill set and (more importantly to the system, similar in teamwork activities such as sticking together, firing on the same target as other people, etc), then it might be a lot easier."
This...literally just means "if you're both in the same tier, then it's easy."

Tier is based not on skill but on teamwork activities according to Paul Inouye's explanation.... as match score fundamentally determines tier, and teamwork activities determine match score. (Basically you can get tier 1 very quickly without a single kill by completely numerous "team oriented activities.")

#9280 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for answers Posted Image Sometimes I'm playing with my son, and yes very probably we are similar in skills and playing abilities. At least for nowPosted Image Very often we are playing in the same match, and honestly it's the way we wanna play. But maybe this happens because we are like two clients who are near each other, so the game put us in the same game? No matter sync drop or not, sometimes in opposite teams , sometimes not, but not always. The game sometimes put us in different matches. So in my opinion it's a little lottery. Group launch is great idea, but in 2 players group you have to wait veeery long for a match, so we have no patience for it, and time is a factor here too.

In relation to advantages in the game. I don't see a sync drop as a big problem. As you both said it's not so simple. If I'm gonna play with four people in one room, and with successful group launch, live communication will be our advantage, but it's still a fair trade for me. After all some units are better organized than others.

EDIT: So if I'm tier 5 and someone is tier 1 is it possible that we will land in one match, or it's tottaly impossible?

Edited by Bistrorider, 23 June 2019 - 12:35 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users