Please Just Remove Ssrm's Until You Find A Proper Mechanic For Them.

575 replies to this topic

#561 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostSandpit, on 16 October 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

The rest doesn't matter. Not the point. "Remove this" "Remove that" I'm going to comile a list when I get time of every thread on the forums that start with "remove" and show you just what you'd be left with if everything every player wanted removed from the game were.

You win for being just another in a long line of "remove this" threads but somehow because you have a more articulate argument for it, it makes it any less ridiculous to just completely remove something from the game. Congrats!

Take the time, and read the rest of the title.

You'll have that done by tomorrow sometime, you think?

#562 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

PLEASE JUST REMOVE SSRM'S UNTIL YOU FIND A PROPER MECHANIC FOR THEM.

There, I made it easy for you. there's the entire title. Uhm just because you say remove them until they are "fixed" doesn't change anything that I just said nor does it change the point of what I said.
Today alone I have seen "Remove"

Locusts
Spiders
FC Map
RC Map
Frozen Map
SSRMs
Terra Therma Map
Gauss rifles
Crimson Strait map
Conquest game mode
Assault game mode
Air strikes
ECM
TAG
Hero Mechs (all of them)
the ready button

I'm sure I could come up with more, that's just off the top of my head. Again sir, your reason and the fact that you say "until fixed" changes nothing.

*EDIT typos*

Added

Oh and double xp weekends should be removed also. I can keep adding to this list as I find them if you like. Matter of fact.....

I've started a list that I will try to continuously add to just to show people what it looks like when you stop thinking your request is "special" and look at all of the requests made to remove something from the game. This isn't about WHY you want it removed this is about how ridiculous the conversation is when you look at it as a whole instead of as a single item.

http://mwomercs.com/...73#entry2845873

Edited by Sandpit, 16 October 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#563 PanzerMagier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSome nameless backwater planet

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Yes because let's get rid of the ONE WEAPON that isn't affected by lag shield and can actually deter lights.

#564 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostPanzerMagier, on 16 October 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

Yes because let's get rid of the ONE WEAPON that isn't affected by lag shield and can actually deter lights.

Actually the "get rid of" list is quite lengthy. I've already seen 7 maps, and over a dozen mechs asked to be removed and the list keeps growing. It's interesting though

#565 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

I like MW3's SSRMs the best. They were definately dangerous to Lights and other mechs, but pretty easy for Lights to dodge them completely. They tracked in a finite turning arc, not auto hit from any angle. Thus they could be useful vs more than Lights.

Zipper Interactive had just finished working on simulations for the Defense Dept. and it really shows in MW3's missiles.

#566 LoneMaverick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

Honestly if SRMs hit registration worked correctly, I think you'd see a lot less SSRM use.

Personally If I decide to use missles, its SSRMs...why? because I know if I see them hit, I know they're doing damage.

The minute we finally get SRMs working again, you wont see me running SSRMs except on my KTO-18.

#567 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

View PostPanzerMagier, on 16 October 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

So the real trade off is...take away my SSRMS (even though they are cannon weapons) just as soon as you remove all light mechs from the game. Fail on both counts :unsure:

#568 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

What about changing the beagle mechanic instead?
From a short range anti ECM tool into a medium range ECM tool

When the beagle active is able to disable ECM at >500m instead at SSRM range.

The Kintaro with 5 SSRMs and BA becomes automatically a high risk build... still deadly vs most enemys. But a single ECM will turn its complete weapons into rubble - or at least he needed TAG - that means this KTO 19 need some skill to do what he does.

Edited by Karl Streiger, 17 October 2013 - 03:01 AM.

#569 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

With the fix of the SSRM lock mechanic, I think they're completely fine again. They just need to not be affected by Artemis.

#570 Marchant Consadine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

They work great imo.

1v1 a dedicated light hunter medium should be able to make short work of the light. I see no problem. As pointed out earlier those kintaros will die fast to anything their size or bigger (that isn't a light hunter as well). Just as a dedicated LRM boat will die when a brawler comes in their face.

Haven't played Kintaro, but from playing streak cat I can say that it definately isn't easy mode. Your situational awareness must be quite good or the heavier mechs will just kill you, while you kill that one light. Just as LRMs aren't easy mode for much the same reason. Also when you are light you should be able to avoid situations where you are 1v1 against a streak boat.

It's weapons like this that make this game much better than your average FPS. Knowing your own and your enemies strenghts and weaknesses and using that information is the skill part of this game. Anyone can learn to shoot accurately enough after a few dozen games, but it takes hundreds of games minimun to develop a decent situational awareness.

Edited by Marchant Consadine, 17 October 2013 - 03:32 AM.

#571 Marchant Consadine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 148 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 17 October 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

What about changing the beagle mechanic instead?
From a short range anti ECM tool into a medium range ECM tool

When the beagle active is able to disable ECM at >500m instead at SSRM range.

The Kintaro with 5 SSRMs and BA becomes automatically a high risk build... still deadly vs most enemys. But a single ECM will turn its complete weapons into rubble - or at least he needed TAG - that means this KTO 19 need some skill to do what he does.

Great idea. Let's make ECM totally op again (tag doesn't work inside ecm bubble). What they should do is up the ecm counter range of BA to 180m. Right now if you have BA and advanced censor range you can target ecm mechs from 0-150 and 180-250, but there's a blind spot on 150-180 that you can do nothing about. With the documentation being nonexistent this really confuces a lot of players (even old players get this wrong frequently).

#572 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:23 AM

Love Streaks, have always used them. 1.5 damage to 2.5 damage didn't matter. Am in an "A1" Catapult, can't mount anything else besides my LRM's (which I might add mostly miss Lights). Often ganked by lights using ECM. Try locking them up when they have ECM...even if you carry Beagle Active.
Suck it up princess! Streaks are here to stay! Deal with it!

#573 desan476

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 47 posts
  • Locationunderground

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

PPC and Gauss Rifle should be removed because my 6xSRM6 Catapult is easy to be killed on distance... you see the point? its stupid! PPCs and Gauss is meant to kill on distance. SSRMs are ment to hit fast moving light targets on short range. I dont think that SSRM are overpowered. I use SSRMs on some of my mechs and its not like i am owning all lights and mediums.
I also have KTO-18, that can mount 5 SSRMs, which is quite a lot of rockets :) Yes, of course Kintaro 18 is the light killer but its not like I was killing lights in one or two bursts - that would be overpowered. This is the natural selection. My Kintaro is ment to kill lights and mediums, but its effectiveness against stalker, atlas and other assaults is not as high. Because assaults are ment to kill mechs like my Kintaro.
So what have we learned today? To know your place on battlefield, know your enemy and know what are you standing against! If you sit in light mech and I am walking to you in my KTO-18 - run, cuz I will chase you, and I will (most probably) kill you. Also, if you will walk toward me in Atlas, I will not face-to-face fight with you, because you will (most probably) kill me :blink:

#574 Kardax

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

I am Rock.
Scissors are fine.
Nerf Paper.

#575 Asakara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 977 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 17 October 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

With the fix of the SSRM lock mechanic, I think they're completely fine again. They just need to not be affected by Artemis.

I agree.

In regards to Artemis helping SSRM lock speed, PGI's last statement about it on May 3rd seems to indicate it will not change for a while (if ever):

http://mwomercs.com/...evs-37-answers/

Zyllos: Has there been any talks on seperating the SSRM and LRM lockon mechanics so that they can act independently and not begin locking beyond their 270m range, be effected by Artemis IV, ect?
A: No plans yet.

#576 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

2 Spider 5D's = dead Streak Boat... Just like the old days of 1 Raven-3L vs 1 Catapult-A1, because Lights should be running together, granted that wont gaurantee two of them are carrying ECM but it does vastly improve your odds. Also, stick with your heavier teammates and dont get caught alone?

Although i have killed 3 Jenners in a 3v1 in my KTO-GB before... From what i saw though, they werent very good pilots; No attempts to use terrain, no attempts to use hit and run or distraction or range advantages.

Sometimes i have the misfortune of running up on a Kintaro, and taking hit or two before managing to escape using terrain and JJs, but at the same time i dont afford them much of an opportunity to gain line of sight or a lock once i find them... which is probably why i dont find them to be much of a threat.

Streaks are a bit like Machine Guns in that regard; One or two and they're simply an annoyance that can be worked around or through, but 4+, especially when circumstances are not in your favor, can ruin your day. Then again, a single AC20 round represents a similar experience. Sure they can miss, but how often is that going to happen when facing a good opponent... Not often.

Edited by DrxAbstract, 18 October 2013 - 12:04 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users