No Sli/crossfire?

113 replies to this topic

#41 Syxi

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

Yeah and that's awesome but SLI still does not work so essentially, it is not supported - they have stopped it breaking other rendering operations - two completely different things.

At any rate, better than nothing I guess :(

#42 Zypher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 418 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

Didn't fix squat for me, so misleading. Still no SLI support and I still have the missing mech parts with DX11 and SLI turned on.

#43 Syxi

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

I haven't seen the missing Mech parts the last few times I have played although I have seen them in the last few weeks and there is no reason why they would not be there short of 340.52 fixing something although there is nothing in the NV notes.

Essentially, 'SLI supported' doesn't mean anything then as there is definitely no SLI profile for MWO as of this message.

Maybe the devs can give us some kind of clarification on this?

Edited by Syxi, 29 July 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#44 Besterino

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

SLI is not yet fully supported yet as the driver needs to be updated for proper MWO SLI profiles as posted in this thread: http://mwomercs.com/...07/page__st__20

Soooo... who has played around with SLI-profiles which might work? ;-)

#45 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:34 AM

I think a lot of trouble comes from users previous attempts @ hacking SLI....... a fresh go of it would probably be the best bet.

#46 Besterino

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:25 AM

Need to bring this up once more: it's been a while since we were told that MWO was now "ready for SLI", but that it needs (obviously) the correct profiles/settings in the nVidia driver.

Well, a new nVidia driver is out (344.11), however still not including an updated MWO profile.

Is there anyone (from PGI?) who could tell us a date - even if it's an estimate? Or what does one have to do for official SLI support to finally happen? Pay nVidia? How much?

#47 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:28 AM

View PostBesterino, on 22 September 2014 - 02:25 AM, said:

Need to bring this up once more: it's been a while since we were told that MWO was now "ready for SLI", but that it needs (obviously) the correct profiles/settings in the nVidia driver.

Well, a new nVidia driver is out (344.11), however still not including an updated MWO profile.

Is there anyone (from PGI?) who could tell us a date - even if it's an estimate? Or what does one have to do for official SLI support to finally happen? Pay nVidia? How much?

You'll need to ask Nvidia. It's their driver!

#48 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:13 AM

There is yet another issue with bringing sli back. Seems there is an issue deep in the engine that needs to be resolved before nvidia can get involed. That was the answer to my question about a week ago

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 22 September 2014 - 09:48 AM.

#49 Besterino

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

[color=#959595]You'll need to ask Nvidia. It's their driver![/color]

Oh yeah, right. My fault. Sure, I thought PGI writes nVidia drivers... NOT! Thanks for stating the obvious - doesn't help me though.

However, if it is not too much to ask, who has more influence on / direct channels to nVidia? Me, a mere gamer or SOME COMPANY WHO IS ADVERTISING IT'S PART OF NVIDIAS PROGRAM?

I can't believe you even bothered to give that response. Keeping silent would have been better than that response. You managed to seriously pi** me off and I really am not easily pi***** off. Tells me something if something like that comes from a community manager. A community manager worth the name would CHECK a technical question whether there MIGHT BE an answer somewhere at PGI anybody would care to read. But that might just be me. Sure, posting one line silliness is way faster.

In any event - I would EXPECT that there are discussions between PGI and nVidia and if I were PGI, I would care and try to make sure that my game is supported properly (both by nvidia and AMD btw). If that's not the case, well, I could come up with a few lines explaining why I don't.

Well, here I am. Insulted by a mod basically calling me dumb and at the same time not giving any answer at all.

Anyways, I'll be back once SLI is in. If at all. Oh by the way: I don't CARE whether SLI is not working due to PGI's or Nvidia's fault (it definitely is NOT mine)!

#50 Thiol

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

Any update on the status of this?
Crossfired 7970s here waiting to be used :)

#51 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:50 AM

Since it seems my above post was to plain

From Matthew Craig
"sorry to keep you and the rest of the community hanging on SLI support, we pushed to get it finished and ran into an Nvidia driver bug but just for DX9 which they are resolving. They uncovered two issues with DX11 SLI support one just got fixed the other is deep in the engine and needs further investigation and we are trying to find time to address it so that we can turn it around to Nvidia and hopefully.. finally.. get our SLI profile resolved.

So almost there but I'm not making any promises on time frame other than as soon as we can get it moving again. Again sorry for the delay we are just as keen as you to get this one resolved it is not off our radar."

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 22 September 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#52 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostEgomane, on 22 September 2014 - 02:28 AM, said:

just goes to show you the level of disinformation even a moderator does not know what is going on

#53 Thiol

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 22 September 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Since it seems my above post was to plain From Matthew Craig "sorry to keep you and the rest of the community hanging on SLI support, we pushed to get it finished and ran into an Nvidia driver bug but just for DX9 which they are resolving. They uncovered two issues with DX11 SLI support one just got fixed the other is deep in the engine and needs further investigation and we are trying to find time to address it so that we can turn it around to Nvidia and hopefully.. finally.. get our SLI profile resolved. So almost there but I'm not making any promises on time frame other than as soon as we can get it moving again. Again sorry for the delay we are just as keen as you to get this one resolved it is not off our radar."

Thanks, but that only seems to refer to NVIDIA.
Would like some clarity on the AMD Crossfire front as well.

#54 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostEgomane, on 22 September 2014 - 02:28 AM, said:

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 22 September 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Since it seems my above post was to plain

From Matthew Craig
"sorry to keep you and the rest of the community hanging on SLI support, we pushed to get it finished and ran into an Nvidia driver bug but just for DX9 which they are resolving. They uncovered two issues with DX11 SLI support one just got fixed the other is deep in the engine and needs further investigation and we are trying to find time to address it so that we can turn it around to Nvidia and hopefully.. finally.. get our SLI profile resolved.

So almost there but I'm not making any promises on time frame other than as soon as we can get it moving again. Again sorry for the delay we are just as keen as you to get this one resolved it is not off our radar."

It sounds like there is some level of cooperative troubleshooting being done to resolve the issues and get official SLI support. With the wait so far being over 2 years long, though, it would be -really- nice if the PGI dev(s) working on this could put a little more pressure on Nvidia.

#55 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

As he mentioned in his email to me, the issue in the mwo engine must be fixed first. Until that issue is fixed (if) it is totally out of Nvidia's hands

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 22 September 2014 - 11:41 PM.

#56 The Gunman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 220 posts
  • LocationLow Orbit

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:40 AM

Currently using three 7970s in trifire with Catalyst 14.7 on windows 8.1. Playing the game with all settings maxed out, DX11, (but no damage glow) at 5760x1080. Have custom catalyst profile forcing 'AFR friendly'.

Getting silky smooth 60fps V-sync, very even load distribution between the cards. There is a minor ghosting artifact that looks really similar to the normal blur filter the game has anyway. Otherwise, crossfire is running perfectly.

#57 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:51 AM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 22 September 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

As he mentioned in his email to me, the issue in the mwo engine must be fixed first. Until that issue is fixed (if) it is totally out of Nvidia's hands

The "mwo engine" is cryengine, and an older version I believe at that. Also, with Nvidia having their logo in our faces during game startup, it is implied that there is some level of assistance being provided by Nvidia already, so they may be assisting with that (it hasn't been specified anywhere if they are or not). With Crytek in trouble atm, though, if Nvidia isn't assisting, there is very little hope that the MWO devs will get it done quickly. It would be nice if somebody at PGI could be a little more open about this on the forum (what exactly the problem is, who is working on it at PGI, what external resources are being engaged if any, etc).

#58 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:10 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 24 September 2014 - 05:51 AM, said:

The "mwo engine" is cryengine, and an older version I believe at that. Also, with Nvidia having their logo in our faces during game startup, it is implied that there is some level of assistance being provided by Nvidia already, so they may be assisting with that (it hasn't been specified anywhere if they are or not). With Crytek in trouble atm, though, if Nvidia isn't assisting, there is very little hope that the MWO devs will get it done quickly. It would be nice if somebody at PGI could be a little more open about this on the forum (what exactly the problem is, who is working on it at PGI, what external resources are being engaged if any, etc).

Assistance "was" given back at one time I believe. As with anything else here, transparency is not exactly high on their list sadly. I can only relay what was written to me last week. I am grateful for his reply to my email. I would love to have sli enabled. currently I pull down anywhere between 70-100+ fps with this on just one of my 680s. I would love to be using both, having one at idle just kills me.

Well, if we want anything done we have to QQ for about 100 pages to get any attention. Sadly, I do not think there are enough of us there that care that much about this feature.

Edited by CHH Badkarma, 24 September 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#59 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:19 AM

FWIW - I have just reinstalled SLI on my new system and the settings in the working crossfire/sli thread floating around do work (which makes the second successful SLI configuration I have running this game technically, using the same cards though). You do have to turn off AA (even postaa) or you get some really weird issues. Everything seemed okay in the testing grounds, where having AA on in any form resulted in the same issues. Basically, I could still see the mechlab being rendered while playing and it would fade in and out depending on how much I moved the mouse around. I haven't seen any real difference between AFR and AFR2. Will try to do more extensive testing and tweaking through the weekend. Nvidia Inspector also has a few things in the Mechwarrior Online profile that are just hexcodes as far as SettingID goes, and I can't seem to find any info about them, or I might be able to get something working a little nicer.

#60 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:43 AM

wish theyd fix SLI and DX11..

even if I set it to single card for this game in nvidia control panel....still get all the loss of assets and stuff while playing. DX11 is way better looking that dx9

about a month or so ago, PGI said they were working ot fix it but I think they were waiting on Nvidia

Edited by Bigbacon, 25 September 2014 - 08:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users