What Medium To Buy?

68 replies to this topic

#61 DOMDOM

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 18 October 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

I still count buying the BJ-1 as my biggest purchase mistake and selling my KTO-19 too quickly as my biggest sell mistake.

Yeah I hated my Blackjack. I traded him for a Centurion and never looked back. Although he's fun to zombie, my favorite setup is the 9D with XL330, 2xAC2 (5T ammo), and 2xML. With speedtweak you go 117, your AC2s outrange everything in the game, and your abililty to constantly fire them makes you very annoying.

#62 Argann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Hunchback 4P, and Shadowhawks (When available)

#63 Red Line Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

HBK engines:
250: 81 kp/h (89 tweaked)
260: 84 kp/h (94 tweaked)
275: 89 kp/h (98 tweaked)

So, 260-275 engines are very viable if you want a ~100 kph mech. That 260 engine really isn't that bad, you don't really "need" 100.

For the "classic" 4SP i'd take the 250.
For the 4P the 275.

Overall the HBK twist speed and angles are amazing! A fully elited HBK with a 275 engine almost feels like a Jenner.

For Jager like play, i suggest one of the AC HBK. Put an AC20 in it, et voila!

But the 4SP is one of the most fun mechs to run for me. So fast and agile. 12 SRMs and 4 MLas is a nasty weapon load out. It will take some time to get used to if you come from the Jager though. You can't stand still to aim, it is all about running and gunning :D

#64 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:38 AM

Hunchback all the way.

Get a G or H, stick in a Standard 250, DHS, Endo, Ferro, and 3 Medium lasers. Then, toss on either an Ac20 and 3 tons of ammo or (on the G) an AC10 and 2 machine guns. Or, just go with the AC20 in both cases.

Long story short, you end up with a sturdy, compact medium mech with deadly firepower that can clock in at around 90kph with speed tweak. Enjoy!

#65 Drollzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPerth

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

Shadow Hawk = op

#66 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

I've really started to not care for the Shadow Hawk. I liked it at first, and I still see everyone using them, but I'm not really able to make anything happen with them. The Kintaro is a better streak boat, and the Wang/HBKs seem like better AC/20 platforms. Sure, the Shadow Hawk is tough to kill and JJs are nice, but the mech isn't really doing it for me.

#67 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostNRP, on 23 October 2013 - 06:26 AM, said:

I've really started to not care for the Shadow Hawk. I liked it at first, and I still see everyone using them, but I'm not really able to make anything happen with them. The Kintaro is a better streak boat, and the Wang/HBKs seem like better AC/20 platforms. Sure, the Shadow Hawk is tough to kill and JJs are nice, but the mech isn't really doing it for me.

The KTO is turning out to make a pretty sweet light/fast LRM boat with almost as much armor as a Jagermech. And that ain't hay.

#68 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

View Postkryowyrm, on 10 October 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

So with a double xp weekend about to kick off I want to pick up a new mech. I pilot almost exclusively heavies ATM. I love my Jaeger and direct-fire support in general is my preferred play style.

I'd like to do something in a medium and I'm leaning toward the Blackjack just for physical similarity to the Jaeger(high mount arms).

What are your thoughts on my choice? Is there a better suited medium for what I want to do? If not, what variant would be the best to pick up first?

Side note: Centurions are kind of off the table; I have a Wang and am not really a fan of it.

I used the BJ. Not a favorite. They are all as fast as a Jager (except for the 1X). And the 1X only has 6 tons of weapon space :|. So while I am not a medium expert, I love Jagers like you. The BJ did not work out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users