92 replies to this topic

#21 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

Notice a mech boating ssrms? Stay outside of their ideal engagement range. Also those kintaros I believe run XLs. Aim for their sides.

Furthermore the screenshake is annoying yes however do the above along time with team work and you will be fine.

#22 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostKibble, on 13 October 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

Notice a mech boating ssrms? Stay outside of their ideal engagement range. Also those kintaros I believe run XLs. Aim for their sides.

Furthermore the screenshake is annoying yes however do the above along time with team work and you will be fine.

translation: shoot the ears bro

:D

#23 Equalizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostWispsy, on 13 October 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

Streaks

Too

Strong

A bit of topic, but:

Machine Guns/Flamers/Small Lasers

Too

Strong

NERF PLEASE!
Now seriously guys - complaining about streaks when they are barely useful non-boated?! And even when boated, the shake effect does not in any way affect weapon accuracy - you just need to keep calm and place your shots carefully. Streak Kintaros are barely a threat for anything bigger than Cicada, unless you are severely damaged when you encounter one.

#24 Kitane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostSlab Squathrust, on 13 October 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Any pilot relying heavily on streaks like a 5 ssrm 2 2 ml kintaro would be foolish to not equip a beagle probe. Allowing a single light running ecm to neutralize 25 points of your damage output is the height of folly.

BAP range < SSRM range. Streaks cannot be used until you get inside BAP neutralization range.

#25 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

View PostEqualizer, on 13 October 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

A bit of topic, but:

Too

Strong

NERF PLEASE!
Now seriously guys - complaining about streaks when they are barely useful non-boated?! And even when boated, the shake effect does not in any way affect weapon accuracy - you just need to keep calm and place your shots carefully. Streak Kintaros are barely a threat for anything bigger than Cicada, unless you are severely damaged when you encounter one.

Aside from the fact that streaks should have less damage (or ammo) than SRMs, since you need to fit the guidance in the same size missile.

When larger SSRM launchers are in game, they will be rather OP compared to standard SRM launchers if they have the same mechanics.

#26 Equalizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 13 October 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

Aside from the fact that streaks should have less damage (or ammo) than SRMs, since you need to fit the guidance in the same size missile.

When larger SSRM launchers are in game, they will be rather OP compared to standard SRM launchers if they have the same mechanics.

I am fully aware of that, however I don't think we'll have larger SSRM launchers anytime soon. And in the current meta SSRMs are the only (barely) functional missile system IMO, and are just fine the way they are. I'd rather have PGI increase SRM damage to 2.5 as well and improve hit detection to balance things out, think we've had more than enough weapon nerfs lately.

#27 topgun505

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

I have run the Streaktaro as well and accidentally got paired against some unit-mates in pug drops a few times. I sought out my buddies and lit them up with chain streaks and then talked to them after the match and they do agree it pretty much is a stunlock if you do it right.

No, Eqalizer the shakes doesn't effect accuracy, you are correct. However. Just how the hell do you fire back at something that is randomly zigging around you at 110+ kph meanwhile you entire field of vision is shaking all to hell and your screen is flickering between black and red due to explosions and smoke which tends to drown out you aiming reticle? At best you are ending up guessing when to fire.

Will the Streaktaro kill you quick? Not likely unless you're a light or are already beat up. But that's not the point. It's using a mechanic to lock you down.

While I don't have a problem with SSRM damage at the moment I DO think it does need to be nerfed so that when SSRM4 and SSRM6 racks come out they don't overrun the playing field.

A bit of topic, but:

Too

Strong

NERF PLEASE!

#28 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

Streak Kintaros are barely a threat for anything bigger than Cicada, unless you are severely damaged when you encounter one.

Kintaros are very good against anything under 55 tons.

#29 Equalizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

View Posttopgun505, on 13 October 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Just how the hell do you fire back at something that is randomly zigging around you at 110+ kph meanwhile you entire field of vision is shaking all to hell and your screen is flickering between black and red due to explosions and smoke which tends to drown out you aiming reticle? At best you are ending up guessing when to fire.

About that - I've kinda noticed that if you keep your forward momentum, the smoke/flickering/etc. seems much less severe than when you stand still or back off. Works with AC shake/smoke too and I also think speed has an effect here as well, i.e. when you go faster, your vision will be less obscured with each hit. These things are just my observation though, can't guarantee 100% accuracy since I've no idea how to conclusively test.

View PostJman5, on 13 October 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Perhaps, but I'm still entitled to my opinion - killed 4 of those in my last few games with very little effort, and that's in a bloody HBK-4P, which is basically a useless oven most of the time.

#30 Wispsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

A bit of topic, but:

Too

Strong

NERF PLEASE!

GUYS DO NOT WORRY! IT DOES NOT AFFECT HEAVY OR ASSAULT SNIPERS WHY THE **** ARE YOU COMPLAINING THAT **** IS OBVIOUSLY NOT A PROBLEM!

my bad...forgot for a moment that lights and mediums are not wanted and should just go **** off and play roll the ssrm dice to see who wins then wait for teams heavies/assaults to win/lose regardless of outcome...

#31 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostJman5, on 13 October 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Especially against BJs!

I remember the days where Kong would show their Streakcat vids with the CT-targeting Streaks with the occasional chainfire Streaks.

Those were funny.

#32 wintersborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Missiles EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So he can make you shake but you can core him in one alpha, yeah streaks way OP ;)

#33 xCico

• WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

View Postwintersborn, on 13 October 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

Missiles EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So he can make you shake but you can core him in one alpha, yeah streaks way OP ;)

So what if they explode? I wouldnt post this if one launcher doing 20 dmg, but 5 dmg, cmon man, dont spam here, just go somewhere else

#34 No Guts No Glory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

Wait wait wait. People manage to die to streaks? LOL!

Streaks are fine L2P and such.

View PostWispsy, on 13 October 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

GUYS DO NOT WORRY! IT DOES NOT AFFECT HEAVY OR ASSAULT SNIPERS WHY THE **** ARE YOU COMPLAINING THAT **** IS OBVIOUSLY NOT A PROBLEM!

my bad...forgot for a moment that lights and mediums are not wanted and should just go **** off and play roll the ssrm dice to see who wins then wait for teams heavies/assaults to win/lose regardless of outcome...

Clearly not as good as you think you are if you have a problem with streaks.

I find it hilarious that now that streaks don't focus CT, the light pilots finally whine about them. Why were you not bitching when they killed heavies and assaults ridiculously fast? Oh, that's right, cause it was in your favor.

#35 xCico

• WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostNo Guts No Glory, on 13 October 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

Wait wait wait. People manage to die to streaks? LOL!

Streaks are fine L2P and such.

I find it hilarious that now that streaks don't focus CT, the light pilots finally whine about them. Why were you not bitching when they killed heavies and assaults ridiculously fast? Oh, that's right, cause it was in your favor.

Tell me something, where did I say streaks are deadly? I just said they cause insane screen shake for that small launcher, dmg is fine, but obviously guys who protecting streaks are either streak boats or didnt feel that shake, try to compare ac20 and 1x ssrm2, you will se my point.

#36 No Guts No Glory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 235 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

campare them to chainfired ac2s. they are no worse.

#37 Kitane

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

I don't think there was a time when light mech pilots did not ***** about streaks. They always did. ;)

#38 PEEFsmash

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostKitane, on 13 October 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

I don't think there was a time when light mech pilots did not ***** about streaks. They always did. ;)

It is a weapon system that is extremely effective against lights, but relatively ineffective against everything else. It is also an extremely low-skill-to-use weapon. It should be bitched about.

Edited by PEEFsmash, 13 October 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#39 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostNo Guts No Glory, on 13 October 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

Internal and external armor points don't scale as well when you get smaller. Heavies and Assaults benefit more, particularly after doubling armor. The reality is that Streaks auto-hit Lights, and as a result the cumulative damage (especially with the Steaktaro) causes the most problems with Lights because their overall armor values are lower than the bigger mech. Unless Streaks can be more easily avoided with piloting skill, it will never be treated as fair. Mechanics that require minimal skill and deal a lot of damage is always a point of contention.

#40 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostNo Guts No Glory, on 13 October 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

campare them to chainfired ac2s. they are no worse.

Yes they are actually.

SSRMs cause over 9 times as much screen shake as an AC2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users