• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostPraetor Shepard, on 30 October 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Sweet. Nice work.

I wonder if pilots around 1.7 Meters in height could fit better in the tiny lights?

The pilot as he is currently fits into every light just fine, EXCEPT the Commando, I'll check if a tinier 5' pilot would fit in the COM; I've been wanting to see how I'd fit into every single one of my favorite mechs anyway.

#142 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

View Postharuko, on 30 October 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

The pilot as he is currently fits into every light just fine, EXCEPT the Commando, I'll check if a tinier 5' pilot would fit in the COM; I've been wanting to see how I'd fit into every single one of my favorite mechs anyway.

It's just genius of them to have not-Psycho as the pilot model.

#143 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

Fixed a small issue I was having today with textures.

The dropship interior is ready to go render-wise, scene wise I still need to add in a few details, add the other actors and replace the cataphract with a locust for the final scene.

Here's a preview render! It's not a complete render and it's a screen grab because well, I sure as hell wasn't going to wait an hourish for it to fully render, I have school in the morning...

Posted Image

#144 Colby Boucher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 285 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

Is it just me or do the tanks seem a little small?

#145 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

Just an interesting note:

Strict limitations to pilot size in specific aircraft is not too uncommon. For example, in the R-22 I am training on, there is a minimum weight of 130 lb and a max of approximately 185 (which can be exceeded, but it is not necessarily a smart thing to do), as well as a height restriction that is basically 5'4"-6'. While I doubt a terrestrial vehicle like a mech will have weight limitations, a size limitation on the pilot for a given mech is entirely possible. For example, on the Commando, you might need to be "this small" to ride. :D

#146 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:03 AM

View Postharuko, on 31 October 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Fixed a small issue I was having today with textures.

The dropship interior is ready to go render-wise, scene wise I still need to add in a few details, add the other actors and replace the cataphract with a locust for the final scene.

Here's a preview render! It's not a complete render and it's a screen grab because well, I sure as hell wasn't going to wait an hourish for it to fully render, I have school in the morning...

Posted Image

Well its my wallpaper for right now :D

#147 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

View PostColby Boucher, on 31 October 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

Is it just me or do the tanks seem a little small?

Well if you look closely you can see the mechanic pulling his tool carts next to one of the tanks, and as you can see they're pretty damn big, also you can go back a few pages and see them with the Shadowhawk grabbing one. They're as big as a 60 ton tank should be.

View PostPropagandaWar, on 31 October 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

Well its my wallpaper for right now :)

I'm kind of embarrassed that you'd use my unfinished picture...I'll be sure to finish it up tonight so you can get a better one at least!

#148 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

View Postharuko, on 31 October 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

Well if you look closely you can see the mechanic pulling his tool carts next to one of the tanks, and as you can see they're pretty damn big, also you can go back a few pages and see them with the Shadowhawk grabbing one. They're as big as a 60 ton tank should be.

I'm kind of embarrassed that you'd use my unfinished picture...I'll be sure to finish it up tonight so you can get a better one at least!

dont be its a work in progress that im well aware of. Its just nice to look at.

#149 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 October 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

Haruko the King Crab is awesome..! Please, please make a Timberwolf :)

You are making me interesting again in 3D models.. Too bad i have a minsterious error when i open Blender :huh:

Also when I have the time I'll try to make a Madcat, I got some ideas for how I could make it...not sure if you guys will like the design I have in mind, Clan mechs are supposed to look kinda alien (hence why people thought they were alien invaders) compared to IS mechs so I was thinking of a sleeker, more stealth-bomber-ish design rather than the blocky one everyone rehashes.

#150 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

Did another quick test render (so sorry for all the noise and grain) now that the Locust is in scene, all the details are finished, now I just need the final actors and other static vehicles and I'll be ready to begin working on the series I have planned.
Posted Image

#151 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

View Postharuko, on 01 November 2013 - 12:21 AM, said:

Did another quick test render (so sorry for all the noise and grain) now that the Locust is in scene, all the details are finished, now I just need the final actors and other static vehicles and I'll be ready to begin working on the series I have planned.
Posted Image

hrm... is that film grain intentional? Also rofl that LCT looks like it's being fondled by the gantry

#152 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:39 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 01 November 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

hrm... is that film grain intentional?

Probably not. My guess is it's a low number of passes in cycles in order to get an idea what it will look like for the final render. A test render.

#153 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostHeffay, on 01 November 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

Probably not. My guess is it's a low number of passes in cycles in order to get an idea what it will look like for the final render. A test render.

Yup, it's just a test render.

And WOOO, I'm finally done ;w;

Or well, actually I still need to add a few things...BUT! I'm finished enough to the point where I can get out the first two render scenes I had in mind.

In-case you're wondering why I spent so long on this single scene is because I'm planning on making a little story with a series of renders to go with them, though to be honest I DID spend way too long on the dropship considering half the rooms and space will never be used...but, it was fun and the more I spend messing with Blender the more I learn so its all good! First render of Locust Cockpit entry is rendering right now.

#154 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:41 PM

Would it be possible to get a video "walk through" of the ship? Or are some of the rooms not connected?

#155 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 01 November 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

Would it be possible to get a video "walk through" of the ship? Or are some of the rooms not connected?

I think he mentioned earlier that it was an hour long render. Even at 24fps, that would be a day per second of video. :ph34r:

#156 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostHeffay, on 01 November 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

I think he mentioned earlier that it was an hour long render. Even at 24fps, that would be a day per second of video. :ph34r:

Uuugh, I can't even imagine how long it would take to make an animated video using my set.

For example this took 2 hours, Oh and originally this image was waaaaaaaay bigger but Blender refused to export it for some reason so I had to take a screen cap of it instead.:
Posted Image

And it still has fireflies, a little noise and on top of that the angle isn't very good so that was 2 hours wasted, of course I could do a faster one but
Posted Image

Then I just get noise everywhere.

So yeah this is a veery slow process, I'll probably just take some caps of the different rooms later, they aren't detailed aside from the furniture and doors though so don't expect anything amazing.

I really wish Blender would render with my graphics card, it takes forever using my crappy quad core.

Edited by haruko, 01 November 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#157 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

Well, I would give you my GPU&CPU Power for Cloud-Rendering :ph34r:

#158 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

Here are some pictures of the Locust cockpit with pilot.

Posted Image

Pretty cramped in there, the way my pilot fits in there is different from the one in-game that PGI uses since the way you sit in the locust in-game only makes sense if the Locust was twice as big...

Posted Image

The cockpit "glass" is actually present in the actual render, it's just that in material mode it isn't translucent like it is when actually rendered, so I removed it to take these caps, in the actual render it appears as tinted "glass! Though I like to imagine it's transparent ferro armor, which is why I don't really like the suggestions that you'd get into the cockpit by sliding the "glass" or something like a jet canopy, so I'd image to get into the Locust you'd have to hoist the whole canopy off since it's too small to have a hatch or anything.

Posted Image

#159 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Maybe the whole canopy is on a hinge on the front? :ph34r:

Edit: or something?

Edited by Shar Wolf, 01 November 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#160 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 01 November 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Maybe the whole canopy is on a hinge on the front? :ph34r:

Edit: or something?

Thats the thing though...if you do the math in mechlab, you'll see that the max cockpit armor (18 points) equals to roughly 1119 pounds, of course, this is going by in-game stats which aren't meant to reflect reality obviously, just just think about that, the cockpit "glass" itself weighs 1000ish pounds, so no way in hell is that thing a hinge or slide system.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users