1089 replies to this topic

#1061 Snake3y3s

• PipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCape Town, South Africa

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

I posted this on the NGNG Community questions but I think at the time i asked it too late to air or something (either that or it was just a dumbass question).
hopefully I have better luck if I post it here

Why is Built in VOIP so bad/non existent?

HON has a really good built in voip, granted it is not the same type of game but surely the system would be similar.

have another one…

I did ask or put a post up on the MWO forums a while ago, and there was mention of it on the NGNG #66 – Ejecting before exploding, even if its purely for aesthetics, would be awesome to see the eject pod, maybe if you manage to eject (lets say its a percentage or something..dont really care too much about the mechanics) It costs less for salvage or something.

another thing that ties into ejection and death…
CORE GOING CRITICAL ON DEATH?
Would be more realistic and more like some of the other MW games if your core actually went critical when you die(maybe also percentage or damage based) and did a little bit of damage to any mechs close by (maybe within a 50m or 75m radius) I know this will only really work properly once the splash damage is sorted out, but for now something to think about?

also.. are the screens inside the cockpit ever going to have something on them other than "auto detect [no signal]"
makes my brand spanking new mech look broken or something. Also will the information that apears on these screens be dynamic?

I know thats more than one question, but I have been trying to get them through...

#1062 MannishBoy

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

The RSS feed is no longer even giving the Android app Doggcatcher links to download the mp3 files. Is there a working RSS for just the podcasts?

Neither of the last two posted shows are able to be downloaded, although I do see the posts in the feed in app.

#1063 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:06 AM

I have some questions I would like to submit:

1. Is there or is there not a more permanent missile fix coming out in May? If so, when?

2. Is anyone at PGI aware of the Streak Bug (see this thread: http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1)? If so, why hasn't it been publicly acknowledged? If not, how has it escaped detection? It is a fairly apparent bug to myself and many others.

3. Why are there no plans for sustained extreme heat to degrade mech performance? Why does the current heat system let a user manually power down their mech to escape +100% heat damage?

4. Are there or are there not plans for certain mech bodyparts, like the hunch or shield arms, to receive a modest armor increase in that area? Bryan said there aren't because the armor values are from TT, but yet you've already doubled armor levels and not adhered to TT rules for all kinds of other things (namely DHS).

5. Are there 2 or 3 maps in the works? In ATD 36, it was stated 8 maps for launch plus variations, but we have 6 and know about a supposed 3 more in the works (Canyons, Archipelago, and Lunar). That makes 9 total.

6. Instead of one stormy map, why couldn't we see dynamic weather on all maps, like in Frozen City?

7. Are you actively working on implementing the LBX as intended, as in the ability for it to fire both regular and cluster rounds?

8. Can we please get a toggle for AMS and TAG?

9. How did you go from collisions being "close" in ATD 32 to "after launch" in ATD 36?

10. Why is implementing in-game voice not a higher priority, and please don't give me the excuse because of third-party VOIP solutions? People use those BECAUSE there is no alternative provided by you.

11. When can we expect a tutorial level to finally be implemented?

12. Are we going to see JJ shake introduced for the entire time they're engaged, as opposed to just at the beginning when they're fired?

#1064 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

I have a question I would like to submit for the podcast.

Q: Elo seems to be sticking around. Lots of players have been vocal about wanting BattleValue to be implemented. Was there ever internal testing using a Battlevalue or CB costs for the weps and components in game and if so what were the findings and why was it not utilized?

#1065 Alabraxis Hyperion

• PipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 51 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

I have questions for the next podcast!

1) The game still has quite a bit of the "film grain" effect in it which turned up with the CryEngine update many months ago now - is the art department still looking at tweaking this? You can see it pretty clearly in some screenshots, like the Misery teaser.

2) Will we ever be able to customise the colour of our jumpjets?

#1066 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

View PostAlabraxis Hyperion, on 05 May 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

I have questions for the next podcast!

1) The game still has quite a bit of the "film grain" effect in it which turned up with the CryEngine update many months ago now - is the art department still looking at tweaking this? You can see it pretty clearly in some screenshots, like the Misery teaser.

2) Will we ever be able to customise the colour of our jumpjets?

Added!

#1067 MannishBoy

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Any update on the broken RSS feed? Last podcast I see that can be download via either Doggcatcher or Pocketcasts for Android was dated 4/10.

#1068 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostMannishBoy, on 08 May 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

Any update on the broken RSS feed? Last podcast I see that can be download via either Doggcatcher or Pocketcasts for Android was dated 4/10.

Not sure what the problem is with that one yet - we updated our RSS twice now mainly for the auto-update to iTunes but it seems the apps will not update.

#1069 MannishBoy

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

Looking at the Soundcloud setup information, it sounds like there's an option to directly set up an itunes feed, or to set up an RSS feed that could then be the source for itunes. Wondering if you did the RSS source that you could publish if that would help?

I know somebody posted on the NGNG site a couple of podcasts back in the comments that they'd figured it out for their podcast and could point you in the right direction if you needed help.

#1070 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

I think Daeron posted recently about what catcher apps they use for podcasts - be sure to send an e-mail or something with the info in it MannishBoy

#1071 MannishBoy

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostCattra Kell, on 11 May 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

I think Daeron posted recently about what catcher apps they use for podcasts - be sure to send an e-mail or something with the info in it MannishBoy

I don't see a contact method for him on the site.

#1072 George Ledoux

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostMannishBoy, on 11 May 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

I don't see a contact method for him on the site.

I believe it's " bombadil@nogutsnogalaxy.net "

#1073 Alabraxis Hyperion

• PipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 51 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

Thanks for answering my question in #72! I am a derp, though, as I actually meant the screenshot teaser rather than the trailer...

https://static.mwome...ed025bca9af.jpg

Also should've said Caustic Valley. :wub:

I've got another question for the next podcast:

The battlegrid: why are they squares and not hexes? :)

#1074 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostAlabraxis Hyperion, on 17 May 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

Thanks for answering my question in #72! I am a derp, though, as I actually meant the screenshot teaser rather than the trailer...

https://static.mwome...ed025bca9af.jpg

Also should've said Caustic Valley. :wub:

I've got another question for the next podcast:

The battlegrid: why are they squares and not hexes? :)

added!

#1075 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

What is the likelihood that a missile hotfix will be pushed out before the next patch?

Is jumpjet shake confirmed for the next patch?

Is missile HSR confirmed for the next patch?

Can you update up on the progress to make ballistic HSR more accurate?

#1076 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostBlueSanta, on 22 May 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

What is the likelihood that a missile hotfix will be pushed out before the next patch?

Is jumpjet shake confirmed for the next patch?

Is missile HSR confirmed for the next patch?

Can you update up on the progress to make ballistic HSR more accurate?

I'll answer some of them now since the info is out

Missile Hotfix will be out sometime soon - most likely before the next patch according to Bryan [source] - if not then it will be the June 1 patch.

JumpShake is confirmed for June patch - link

HSR was suppose to be this week [source] - I assume June 1 patch then if it didnt make it in...

I will add the ballistic HSR question though for tonight ;)

#1077 BlueSanta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 373 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

Thank you for those answers and their accompanying sources.

While we're at it, though, here's another for Garth: Why are many meaningful answers to questions this community has tucked away on Bryan's Twitter as replies to people's questions, instead of posted on these forums, or at the very least, as Twitter statuses? Twitter replies from those one follows are not visible in one's newsfeed UNLESS the reply is directed at that user. How Bryan uses Twitter leaves something to be desired and doesn't present very well to the community. I don't want to have to dig through his Twitter to find answers to questions that many more people would like to know about. I appreciate that he is answering questions with meaningful replies, but that's exactly why it's important for others to know about the answers.

#1078 MannishBoy

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostGeorge Ledoux, on 12 May 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

I believe it's " bombadil@nogutsnogalaxy.net "

I emailed, but it's still broken. I'm getting frustrated. I can't imagine I'm the only one.

#1079 Cattra Kell

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostMannishBoy, on 22 May 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

I emailed, but it's still broken. I'm getting frustrated. I can't imagine I'm the only one.

bombadil@nogutsnogalaxy.net
or send it to
seanlang@nogutsnogalaxy.net

#1080 Lysandir

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

I have a question for the podcast.

Are there any plans to implement a /ignore command for the chat in game?

I was in a game last week where, I kid you not, a player with a very mature name referencing drinking the bong water was posting all of his crazy political rants during the match. I don't know how he even played with all the typing.

I came here to blow up big stompy robots I don't want to have to listen to some nut's political rants in game.

If this feature already exists let me know.

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users