Do Not Retaliate Friendly Fire

92 replies to this topic

#81 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:33 AM

The only part i can agree with is that it should be stomped out without mercy. This is PGIs buiness to fix. We are customers not admins. Awsome was not a good sign :D

#82 DerelictTomcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 30 October 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

Then I yelled in chat about it, he then took off my arm that had my remaining 2 medium lasers, leaving me with no weapons.

But, not once did I fire back at him, for I am his better.

How could you have shot back with no weapons?

#83 divinedisclaimer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

Is this the thread where you sign up to be team killed because I am bored and would like to have a duel at the end of a match

#84 TooleRoo

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

I hope there is a counter on the amount of FF a single mech can give. Then when it exceeds, all of his ally can kill him without penalties.

#85 Greyboots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 396 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

In general I agree with the OP but there's always those "this one time, at band camp..." moments.

One day we were heading out of the gate to our initial positions and some chump stops in front of me looks directly at me. He proceeds to line up my head with a pair of Large Lasers. For no other reason than because he had to walk around me (and not in a canyon, on a bridge or some other choke point either)... Him I killed because what he did was blatant, belligerent and self entitled. I'm a firm believer in "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" and people who do that sort of thing sometimes need to be taught a lesson. The lesson of "you'd better be ready to put your money where your mouth is".

Other than that;

Some guy making a wrong key press or some newbie not realizing there's friendly fire nailing you as you all leave the base for the first time? Well, everyone makes mistakes. Say something for sure.

Get nailed in the midst of combat because some fool has Zoom on and doesn't move until he has a clear line of fire? Say something for sure.

If you're in the midst of combat, hugging the target or running in circles around it through other people's line of fire and get smashed by team-mates? Hold your tongue. That's your own fault as much as it is theirs.

If you run in to point-blank range on an open enemy mech to shield it and ensure you get the kill? You deserve everything you get and you've got no-one to blame but yourself. You can do it if you like but it's a risk and you'd better be prepared to accept the consequences.

Edited by Greyboots, 19 November 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#86 Y2kHippy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 195 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

Being a hippy I try to encourrage environmental awareness while player. I used to get deliberatly attacked on spawn quite often because of this as a light pilot. When I started piloting Jeagermechs the incidents dropped off dramatically as my fellow team mates correctly assumed I might be packing duel AC/20's and this feared any return fire.

Seriously people watch your heat testing fire at spawn. Do not even fire at the ground, you should aim up instead. With the number of 4 man drops in pug matches if you start a fight you will loose it quickly.

For those that are deliberately attacking everyone on spawn. Leg them and leave them. Seriously they stand no chance against the enemy and cannot effectively join the fight. You will not get TK penalty and they will usually leave the game once legged. I have seen ace lance's strip a troll of all his weapons and leave him to the enemy scouts, but this takes very accurate fire and you always risk hitting other friendly's or the trolls XL engine.

#87 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

I have done this accidentally and it has happened to me intentionally as well as unintentionally. You just built your load out and you are setting up your groupings and Holy {Scrap} they go off into a teammates mech who was in the wrong place at the wrong time... Ooooops!! I have done this . I also have had it happen to me,.. I do not attack. Onetime a guy ran to me turned his mech around and alpha'd me for no reason I responded with an alpha of me own ( should not have done ) I will not do again lessons learned.

#88 Tylerchu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 253 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

I play with AC/20+4ML and my lasers definitely have the tendency to sweep teammates causing minimal but annoying damage. I don't know why I said that, but it might help with what I say next.

What if there was a function that if someone did more than say...40 damage FF, they're labeled as a rogue (maybe with a black arrow above their heads, or with a red to both teams), and anyone can fire on them with impunity and pride. IMO, if you're doing a 40 alpha on someone, you've essentially wrecked their game so you also deserve a little wrecking as well. However, if your lasers simply sweep someone, that causes like what...2-3 dmg? that takes a long time to build up to 40, so you have a little leeway.

tl;dr
40 FF-dmg should reward you with a rogue tag.

#89 RiotHero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 311 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

The other day I had some scrub trash in a trial dragon pumping shot after shot of Gauss rifle into my back while I was moving up on Alpine. After I die from being killed by the enemy I see him behind the team and doing the same to all of them. I immediately start calling out his position to all the enemy team. At the end of the game he has no Gauss ammo fired his laser countless time and had ZERO damage on the board. I tried to turn around to kill him but, by the time I figured out it was my teammate the enemy was on me.

If someone hits me with a stray shot at the beginning I don't care and just chew them out. If they hit me with an alpha or do a significant amount of damage I will leg them and leave them there. When they are actively trying to team kill then I will team kill them.

#90 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

today I retaliated and im not sorry.

to simply say do not retaliate as a broad statement is wrong.

known trolls who tk under various identities exist and should they expose themselves to me and im piloting the right equipment at the time I will not let them leave the spawn point :P

#91 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

a today mine was a deliberate kill, I watched the usual tell tail shuffling of lances by an obvious troll name and like a roulette wheel as the counter reached launch I was like " yes now iv got you " because you just put yourself in my lance old friend :P

#92 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

View PostY2kHippy, on 19 November 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

For those that are deliberately attacking everyone on spawn. Leg them and leave them. Seriously they stand no chance against the enemy and cannot effectively join the fight. You will not get TK penalty and they will usually leave the game once legged. I have seen ace lance's strip a troll of all his weapons and leave him to the enemy scouts, but this takes very accurate fire and you always risk hitting other friendly's or the trolls XL engine.

na sorry, me n this dude have prior history so I accepted the tk penalty with joy :P

#93 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

This thread is now closed as well!

Do as the thread title says or you risk your own account! In no case are you allowed to promote teamkilling in any way on the forums. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users