Operation Cancer (Crab & King Crab Thread)

338 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you buy this? (539 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy this for 40 dollars?

1. Yes, take my wallet (304 votes [56.40%])

Percentage of vote: 56.40%

2. I'd wait for cbills (184 votes [34.14%])

Percentage of vote: 34.14%

3. No interest in crabs. (51 votes [9.46%])

Percentage of vote: 9.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#221 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

View PostCarnifex125, on 03 March 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

there weree leaked images of Banshees floating about the interwebs. its..kind of looks legit.... but I've seen posst liek this before that had many convinced that the last lgiht mech to be released would have been a 4 legged one.
what do you guys think?
http://i.imgur.com/TLfhb96.jpg

edit: bad news guys, looks like its not the KCG

https://mobile.twitt...me=russ_bullock

I guess I wont be buying new mechs for awhile :/

Too bad...

Can you link the "leaked quad" pictures? Even if fake, I'd love to see them. I love me some quads...

#222 Carnifex125

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

View PostTesunie, on 03 March 2014 - 12:08 PM, said:

Too bad...

Can you link the "leaked quad" pictures? Even if fake, I'd love to see them. I love me some quads...

would, but i'm not sure if I can find them now 0_o

#223 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

The news of the potential Banshee as the next mech has me baffled. On one hand you have multiple threads spread across time and sub forum where dozens and dozens of paying customers have cried out in unison "We Want Crabs".

This thread alone is 12 pages of crab & King crab love.

Yet with potentially the last assault due before the clan packs the Devs saw fit to drop the Banshee, a mech a few(some in this thread) wanted. Those few I would venture are less than the sum of people in this thread looking for Crabs.

I think that overlooking the King Crab at this junction is a mistake, I think that overlooking it for so long has been a mistake.

I for one won't be bothering with the banshee because I don't see what it brings to the table other than a 95 ton mech with 3 A/C 5s in the left torso.

Keep crying out for the King Crab,... Demand the Crab,...

We will get the devs to bring these about eventually.

#224 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

Maybe the Crab will be the next medium before clans...? Or maybe we will get lucky and they will continue to release 2 mechs a month right up till/through the clans release?

#225 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

View PostTesunie, on 03 March 2014 - 05:25 PM, said:

Maybe the Crab will be the next medium before clans...? Or maybe we will get lucky and they will continue to release 2 mechs a month right up till/through the clans release?

I hope so. While I was at work all I could think about was what the next Assault was going to be and was chomping at the bit to go home to find out. Needless to say I was disappointed. The Banshee only brings to the table being the first 95 ton mech, loadout wise you can do the same thing in a Victor or Highlander but with out the JJs. Yawn.

Damn, the service in this place is horrible... Where are my order of Crabs?

Edited by Coralld, 03 March 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#226 Carnifex125

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

my sentiments exactly. I've been looking foward to this mech for awhile now, and would have even been content with a Mauler, but this banshee design is...well...lets just say won't be spending any MC or C bills for a while.
I'm mostly upset because, like some have said before, it will likely be a long thyme before we see another assault.

but, like you've said, now is when we need to be heard more than ever.
any idea how to get PGI's attention any more than we are already trying to? get in a pickup truck full of gamers and pickette signs?

#227 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

View PostCarnifex125, on 03 March 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

my sentiments exactly. I've been looking foward to this mech for awhile now, and would have even been content with a Mauler, but this banshee design is...well...lets just say won't be spending any MC or C bills for a while.
I'm mostly upset because, like some have said before, it will likely be a long thyme before we see another assault.

but, like you've said, now is when we need to be heard more than ever.
any idea how to get PGI's attention any more than we are already trying to? get in a pickup truck full of gamers and pickette signs?

You like to season you assults? (Thyme, instead of time. Hehehe. Don't mind me... ;) )

Anyway...

PGI did kind of need to fill in that 95 ton gap... I too would have preferred the King Crab, but lets see what this Banshee can do. I personally wont be buying it, but I'll probably see all the different ways it will be able to ******* up in a short while...

#228 Carnifex125

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

View PostTesunie, on 03 March 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

You like to season you assults? (Thyme, instead of time. Hehehe. Don't mind me... ;) )

Anyway...

PGI did kind of need to fill in that 95 ton gap... I too would have preferred the King Crab, but lets see what this Banshee can do. I personally wont be buying it, but I'll probably see all the different ways it will be able to ******* up in a short while...

buahaha. yeah...I have a feeling that I'll always feel a bit of subconcious satisfaction when taking down a Banshee from here out.

but seriously... there has to be a better way of getting PGI/IGp's attention besides infecting the forums.... any suggestions?

Edited by Carnifex125, 03 March 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#229 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

View PostCarnifex125, on 03 March 2014 - 09:42 PM, said:

but seriously... there has to be a better way of getting PGI/IGp's attention besides infecting the forums.... any suggestions?

Nothing gets someones attention faster then dropping a Crab down their pants.

EDIT:
Just found this.

View PostDavers, on 03 March 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

Edited by Coralld, 03 March 2014 - 09:58 PM.

#230 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Cool. Would love it if they could... serve it into the game soon? With butter?

#231 Carnifex125

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 149 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

"its on a list", not a direct answer, but its very encouraging ;)

#232 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

View PostHammerSwarm, on 03 March 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

The news of the potential Banshee as the next mech has me baffled. On one hand you have multiple threads spread across time and sub forum where dozens and dozens of paying customers have cried out in unison "We Want Crabs".

This thread alone is 12 pages of crab & King crab love.

Yet with potentially the last assault due before the clan packs the Devs saw fit to drop the Banshee, a mech a few(some in this thread) wanted. Those few I would venture are less than the sum of people in this thread looking for Crabs.

I think that overlooking the King Crab at this junction is a mistake, I think that overlooking it for so long has been a mistake.

I for one won't be bothering with the banshee because I don't see what it brings to the table other than a 95 ton mech with 3 A/C 5s in the left torso.

Keep crying out for the King Crab,... Demand the Crab,...

We will get the devs to bring these about eventually.

Thats a bit unfair don't you think.

If history is any measure it takes about 6 - 8 months for a mech to go from "idea" to "in game", it has to be researched, theorised, market tested, concept art built, programmed etc, even before it fits into their rollout program for game balancing.

These calls for the Crab's are at best only a few months old and over run the time that Clans were being introduced.

Whether you love the Crab's or hate it, it's not going to magically appear just because a thread starts.

I did see it's on a list of PGI's somewhere, whether that means it's going into art or whether that means it's on a short list idk. But PGI have indicated they have heard the community and it's being worked on.

It just might take the normal amount of time and need to fit into the marketing schedule.

No biggy.

#233 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:11 AM

Okay, okay, I can see how the King Crab won't be totally OP. Especially since the arms will not have hand/lower actuators, which greatly limits their movement. When the King Crab is added it will certainly be a game changer, though. A wider, shorter-range Stalker of sorts, when it comes to how it will change the game on release.

As for the Banshee, I didn't think they would include such an old Mech into the game. It's going to be awesome piloting a "grand-daddy" Mech, with its plainer appearance and industrialized looks. Reminds me of 80s and 90s robot concepts.

#234 DGuedes

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:00 AM

i tottaly support this, they will be an unique addition to the game, and i would like to see the pincers working, closed pincers would provide protection, like the missile launcher doors, it will add a really cool feature, and at the same time a nerf, so people will have less to complain about OP mechs.

#235 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:19 AM

https://twitter.com/...550678855839744

The good news: It seems the King Crab is on the list for mechs to be released (at least according to Bryan).
The bad news: the way Bryan worded his reply seems to imply that they haven't even started working on it and we might not see it in the near future...

Let's hope for the best and that they release the KC in the coming months.

Edited by Ragnar Darkmane, 04 March 2014 - 07:19 AM.

#236 Just wanna play

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:30 AM

so isn't king crab like a 100 ton cataphract 4x? my 4x had ac/10 in each arm, srm4, and 2 mediums, king crab stock has ac/20 in each arm, lrm 15 and large laser, perhaps if they made king crab to the other assaults what the 4x is to the other phracts (stupid low engine cap, but still soooooo awesome), this could be properly balanced but still awesome, and we do need more mechs/variants like the phract 4x....

hrm, how do you even improve on the stock design? lol i don't even know if there is much we can do to take advantage of endo-steel and such, strap in a heavy guass or uac/20 to replace ac/20? oh wait not in game.......

also, more awesomer is mechs might help counter clans.... think 6 ppc stalker to help counter 4 er ppc clanner, stalker will be hotter have less range etc but it still has roughly same damage, while counter daishi with dual uac/20 and such king crab

Edited by Just wanna play, 04 March 2014 - 07:32 AM.

#237 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostRagnar Darkmane, on 04 March 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

https://twitter.com/...550678855839744

The good news: It seems the King Crab is on the list for mechs to be released (at least according to Bryan).
The bad news: the way Bryan worded his reply seems to imply that they haven't even started working on it and we might not see it in the near future...

Let's hope for the best and that they release the KC in the coming months.

Personally, I suspect that PGI would be doing some sort of "Clanbuster Pack" sale for a Battle of Tukayyid game/community event (as Thomas D. mentions/hints-at Tukayyid, from an in-universe/RP perspective, in his recent post here - "I heard that a major operation was going to go down in May of next year on or around Tukayyid."), which could tie up those 'Mechs with a Clanbuster variant (the Hussar, Wyvern, Champion, Black Knight, and King Crab) until around this time next year (that is, early 2015).

With the popularity of both the KGC and the BK, it seems unlikely that PGI would pass up such an opportunity...? <_<

#238 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

View PostCarnifex125, on 03 March 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

"its on a list", not a direct answer, but its very encouraging :wacko:

Agreed, the fact alone that its even on the list of mechs PGI wants to put into the game does indeed make me very happy.

View PostCraig Steele, on 03 March 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

Thats a bit unfair don't you think.

If history is any measure it takes about 6 - 8 months for a mech to go from "idea" to "in game", it has to be researched, theorised, market tested, concept art built, programmed etc, even before it fits into their rollout program for game balancing.

These calls for the Crab's are at best only a few months old and over run the time that Clans were being introduced.

Whether you love the Crab's or hate it, it's not going to magically appear just because a thread starts.

I did see it's on a list of PGI's somewhere, whether that means it's going into art or whether that means it's on a short list idk. But PGI have indicated they have heard the community and it's being worked on.

It just might take the normal amount of time and need to fit into the marketing schedule.

No biggy.

By "idea" do you mean concept art? FD has already done a concept art for the Crab and King Crab, on top of that, there have been at least several people on these forums who have actually taken the concept art and made 3D computer models off of it. So PGI has a lot to draw from for the Crab and King Crab. As for actually testing the Crabs and trying to get them balanced is a different story though.

View PostStrum Wealh, on 04 March 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

Personally, I suspect that PGI would be doing some sort of "Clanbuster Pack" sale for a Battle of Tukayyid game/community event (as Thomas D. mentions/hints-at Tukayyid, from an in-universe/RP perspective, in his recent post here - "I heard that a major operation was going to go down in May of next year on or around Tukayyid."), which could tie up those 'Mechs with a Clanbuster variant (the Hussar, Wyvern, Champion, Black Knight, and King Crab) until around this time next year (that is, early 2015).

With the popularity of both the KGC and the BK, it seems unlikely that PGI would pass up such an opportunity...? <_<

I can totally see this and may work like the Phoenix and Saber packs. After the Clans are in and most of the balancing has been done, PGI can do a Clan reinforcement pack, which Ironically enough would fallow lore, and fallow it up with an IS response with a Clan buster pack. How cool would it be if they made the Clan Buster mechs in Comstar colors?!

Edited by Coralld, 04 March 2014 - 08:49 AM.

#239 JayVrb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

You've got my vote. Bump for a favorite of mine <_<

#240 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

This thread has fallen to the second page of the Feature Suggestion, someone should do something about that... Oh, wait, I just did.

Crabby bump *Scuttle, scuttle, pinch, pinch*

Give me my crabs!!
Posted Image

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users