Keep up the good work!

#22 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Quote "Removed the key binding option "Fire Selected Weapon Group". Mouse 1's (Left Click) default key bind is now "Fire Weapon Group 1", this can be remapped in the options screen."

Does this mean I can't arrow over to a different weapon group, say group 3 on the hud and fire it with left mouse button?

#23 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

[color=cyan]Keep in mind there isn't a 'fix SRMs button' - but if there is, Nicolas Cage and I will find it.

"Does this mean I can't arrow over to a different weapon group, say group 3 on the hud and fire it with left mouse button?"

No you can't - It's now: button 1 fires group one, button 2 fires group two, etc.[/color]

#24 MrMainiac

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

View PostKali Rinpoche, on 05 November 2013 - 10:17 AM, said:

Quote "Removed the key binding option "Fire Selected Weapon Group". Mouse 1's (Left Click) default key bind is now "Fire Weapon Group 1", this can be remapped in the options screen."

Does this mean I can't arrow over to a different weapon group, say group 3 on the hud and fire it with left mouse button?

You can change it back to firing the selected weapon group instead of firing group one if you want, it just isn't the default control mapping anymore

#25 Rex Havoc

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 10 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:19 AM

The seismic change really hurts light mechs which use this a lot for scouting. It can be a death sentence for a light to stop moving just to get a reading on seismic.

#26 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 05 November 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

[color=cyan]Keep in mind there isn't a 'fix SRMs button' - but if there is, Nicolas Cage and I will find it.[/color]

"Does this mean I can't arrow over to a different weapon group, say group 3 on the hud and fire it with left mouse button?"

No you can't - It's now: button 1 fires group one, button 2 fires group two, etc.

But Garth, Cage would just write himself in a fix a la adaptation. That is, a fix within the fix if there were a fix about the fix.

What a great movie.

#27 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

No you can't - It's now: button 1 fires group one, button 2 fires group two, etc.

Doesn't everybody do this?

#28 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

A pretty decent patch, when this is the most annoying thing:

View PostGarth Erlam, on 05 November 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

• Removed the key binding option "Fire Selected Weapon Group". Mouse 1's (Left Click) default key bind is now "Fire Weapon Group 1", this can be remapped in the options screen.

I tend to use group 6 as my backup primary fire group, esp. for those 'mechs where I have a more or less sacrificial weapon-bearing arm, or where I have separated long- and short-range primaries for heat management.

#29 Thee Tactician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationUnite State

>(Sighs)< I love all this stuff, though I wish you would have given us UI 2.0 or new game mode, rather then another new mech. I still love the stuff but its true.

#30 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

View PostRex Havoc, on 05 November 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

The seismic change really hurts light mechs which use this a lot for scouting. It can be a death sentence for a light to stop moving just to get a reading on seismic.

I suppose they're going to have to be a whole lot more careful now when they check it, say instead of stopping right out in the open where they are easy targets.

#31 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

View PostRex Havoc, on 05 November 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

^This. I mostly use the Seismic in my light mechs to avoid running into mobs of enemies around corners. If I have to stop just to get a read on the enemy that's just as dangerous. The Locust especially is going to suffer with this.

#32 MrMainiac

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 64 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

So no more seismic sensors? Pretty much butchered a good module and made it useless for scouting roles.

At least increase the range of it back to 400m instead of what it's at now.

And no new map? Tease us with the picture of the Jester on the front and don't give it to us? That's just mean man... :)

#33 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

Funny because I tried out a build on my BJ-1X last night with the same firepower as the Jester.
And it was head efficient (1.49), fast (116kph) , still had one AMS. Jester might be nice for a LL boat but who knows. I'll stick with my mobility and equal damage.

Also glad i held off on dropping 6 million CB on a seismic module, considering it kept getting nerfed and nerfed, and is now, very much dead.

#34 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostZekester81, on 05 November 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Was really hoping for that spider hitbox fix. Got swarmed by them earlier. Bummer, black hole spiders for the win still.

This should be coming in the second November patch in two weeks (so sayeth Paul, at least).

#35 Dieslave

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

I'm really excited for the jester. i was hoping for JJ's, and if it didn't get them. well it woulda been garbage to me.

But JJ's AND 355? awesome sauce.. i can now do what i do in my firebrand.. but Flying!... very excite..

#36 Hellcat420

• Bad Company
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

I would like my 12mil cbills back that I spent on 2 seismic modules please.

#37 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

[color=cyan]Keep in mind there isn't a 'fix SRMs button' - but if there is, Nicolas Cage and I will find it.[/color]

Good. We're counting on you.

Posted Image

#38 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

View PostDEMAX51, on 05 November 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

This should be coming in the second November patch in two weeks (so sayeth Paul, at least).

Well, it seems that is not going to fix the problem anyways. He just updated with a clarification stating that it's a HSR problem, not a hitbox tuning issue. Those Spiders really need some work done on them. I've been getting really tired of swarms of un-hittable Spiders. Maybe they will release an update about HSR tuning on them soon.

#39 Dagger6T6

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Locationcockpit

This just in! breaking news from Comstar!!... Garth loves energy hardpoints... Holovid at 11:00

#40 Thoummim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

I do not appriciate the fact the jester has JJ, it feel pay 2 win. Come on that thing can be super fast + JJ + 1extra AMS.

Its just flatout better than the k2.

One could argue that the k2 has 2ballistic hardpoint but since the jaggermech is here there is little reason to bring a ballistic in it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users