• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

View Postprizim, on 05 November 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

I have played in a bunch of games and I don't think i have ever seen an artillery strike or a UAV.

First UAV I've ever seen was yesterday. only because I saw it on the minimap and decided to look WAY the F**K up to see if it was actually a thing. It actually even has one of the little blue triangles over it in the sky.
**Edit*8 which actually makes me wonder, can you shoot them down?

Edited by xeromynd, 05 November 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#62 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

View PostRoper Band, on 05 November 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

Damn, I was saving up for seismic on my Atlas...may just pass on it now.

I was thinking that it might now be more worthwhile for a mech like an Atlas to have it since it's not a bad idea to occasionally stop if your Atlas and see what's going on.

As a Light you can stop quicker to get the information, but you're more likely to get splattered in the process and Mediums & Heavies are better when they keep moving.

I'll probably be dropping a pile of GXP on UAV modules when the maintenance is done.

#63 Krizalius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,632 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPolar Terma City

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

Long overdue change of seismic sensor. And then as cheaters.A Jester is a nightmare. Very bad.

#64 Jyzene

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 44 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

No Catapult hitbox fix? Well well, i'll be sitting in my Highlander handing out headshots to everyone who bothered to buy that oversized Jenner-F version. Welcome to the slaughterhouse. This is gonna be fun.

Edited by Jyzene, 05 November 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#65 Ashvins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 174 posts

No in game Phoenix project tag's :) that's the big disappointment here.

#66 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Jester might be good someday, but given how all-energy mechs heavier than 35 tons have fared recently, I don't hold out a ton of hope that it will be all that good in the immediate-term. When/if all energy builds become viable for anything past 6mlas on a fast mech again, it should be awesome.

p.s. the Patch Notes page says october 5, not november 5. http://mwomercs.com/game/patch-notes

View Postxeromynd, on 05 November 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

First UAV I've ever seen was yesterday. only because I saw it on the minimap and decided to look WAY the F**K up to see if it was actually a thing. It actually even has one of the little blue triangles over it in the sky.

Keep an eye out for them on the minimap- they can indeed be shot down, and as the one useful consumable, if you see an enemy UAV on the minimap, it benefits your team greatly to look up and blast it out of the sky. They're fragile.

Edited by aniviron, 05 November 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#67 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 05 November 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

[color=cyan]Keep in mind there isn't a 'fix SRMs button' - but if there is, Nicolas Cage and I will find it.
color]

Obviously you need to press the Turbo button on the front of the machine.

(For those reading this and have no idea what I'm talking about -- get off my lawn)

Edited by Oni Ralas, 05 November 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#68 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

View PostFeetwet, on 05 November 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

M'eh.

PGI meal ticket .... Jester .... check.
Hammered one ultra-expensive module .... check.

This patch is empty.

Crosses fingers the money reward for UAV is higher than the UAV cost.

Jester=nerfed K2
spent 6 million on a module that is now worth nothing,and mostly useless
Patch=nothing promised accept the further worsening of the game for people who aren't noobs.
so what if new players suck what about all of us who have spent all kinds of money on this game? Is PGI going to give us something to make that sacrifice worth it? I bet my overlord package that we won't get CW or UI2.0 ever because new players might not like it.

#69 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

View Postxeromynd, on 05 November 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

I believe so. I hit one and it disappeared. Could have been coincidence but I don't think so.

S

#70 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

I've gotta ask. Whatever happened to the Champion Catapult. You made it and it was in-game for a couple of weeks as a trial then I've never seen it since.

#71 Dueliest

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:49 AM

View Postutontihso, on 05 November 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

how long do posts normally take ? on average? I know this is "guessing" just started and looking for a ballpark idea when the servers might be up. Just started sunday and trying to get an idea ... thanks all

errr patch not posts lol

2 hours, usually.

#72 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 05 November 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Should they also give you your CBs back for ERPPCs? Since they are horrible now.

No, what I'm saying is that it shouldn't be in the game in the first place. Plus ERPPC's are still good just not as good.

#73 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 05 November 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Jester is DOA, anything that is all energy and not a light mech is crippled by ghost heat.

2*(ER)PPC + 4*ML = have no fear of GhostHeat.

#74 Lotarr

Rookie

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

How about a refund on the seismic sensor. Not worth 6 million anymore. How can technology go backwards...why make a module that does not help you at all. You people are too silly and focus on the wrong things. You care about shake, and yet you allow mechs to travel thru water as easy as land, and that is as bad a physics model as you can get.

#75 Toaster Repair Pony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHampton, VA

Adding how much these new mechs cost would be useful for planning while I'm at "work".

#76 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

View PostDemos, on 05 November 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Oh, come one, you got several months of abuse and legal cheating...

Nerf was necessary (and I use the module, too). But now, seismic is not mandatory.

BTW, nice patch. Hopefully, the arty looks nice. I'm really curious...

View PostMacLannan, on 05 November 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

Don't think this was ever the intended use for seismic. I've always used it as eyes around a blind corner in a choke point to know when the enemy is going to pop out. Scouts should use their eyes, since they're the eyes of the team. This is a good change to seismic, and I will continue to use it.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Its not like the devs HAD to push it out as it was if it was not suppose to be like it was. Then they cut its range once in a patch. So ya The seismic was entened to be the way it was.

Ether way, Im not upset one way or the other. I JUST want my CB and GXP back. Its that simple.

#77 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 05 November 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

STILL no SRM fixes. *sigh*

PGI says "working as intended!"

#78 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

View PostWarge, on 05 November 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

2*(ER)PPC + 4*ML = have no fear of GhostHeat.

Who needs ghost heat when you can cook yourself with your basic loadout. You put ERs on that thing and you might as well sell cooked eggs out the window to the local lawn crews.

S

#79 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

View PostNautilusCommand, on 05 November 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

No, what I'm saying is that it shouldn't be in the game in the first place. Plus ERPPC's are still good just not as good.

Well yes, but too late now. It will be dead weight now tho, since you only need to fire of a few AC rounds to simulate more than a lance of mechs.
That is subjective, just as your opinion of seismic. There is a reason why you get that box conformation saying that this action is non reversible.

EDIT: And yes, they are horrible if you try to run more than 1.

Edited by NamesAreStupid, 05 November 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#80 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

I still see Seismic being real useful for the big boys. Especially something like the long-range guys, that aren't moving much (or guys that are holding a position for one reason or another), for detecting a light creeping up on them or seeing where an enemy is going to pop over the ridge.

Massive nerf to Lights who need to be in constant motion, but I guess it'll make 360 target retention more useful. Guess I'm saving up my GXP again.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users