412 replies to this topic

#201 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostDragonsFire, on 05 November 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Sales are almost always released on Friday's at 1 PM EST and ended on Tuesday at the same time, so why would you expect one now? I mean, perhaps it would change but there hasn't been a precedent for it before.

LOL

There has been sales tuesdays in both September and Oct.

#202 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

There was nothing even remotely vague about the impending changes to seismic. They told us exactly what they were going to do, like 3 weeks ahead of time.

And Panda, as long as there aren't too many more snags with DX11, we should see the moon map in December still.

Edited by DEMAX51, 05 November 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#203 Isky

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

Removed the key binding option "Fire Selected Weapon Group". Mouse 1's (Left Click) default key bind is now "Fire Weapon Group 1", this can be remapped in the options screen.

As some others already said/asked, where's the option to remap?

#204 AquaGoat

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostIskanderNovena, on 05 November 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

As some others already said/asked, where's the option to remap?

The option is to remap Fire Weapon Group 1 to something else. Kind of confusing right?

Further more, that is one default option that I didn't think was a big issue. What about default 3rd person view and default arm lock. Now there's some default options you should look at switching.

Edited by AquaGoat, 05 November 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#205 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

View PostMack1, on 05 November 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

And they must sit there wondering why people don't bother with modules....its because they are all utterly terrible, SS was the first module ever released that was actually worth the GXP, well that never lasted long. Clueless Devs, simply clueless, how can you expect a game to succeed and grow when you constantly use a sledge hammer to crack a nut.

SS was a great Module that encouraged people to grind and save up or even buy by way of conversion GXP, now it's worthless. A pro active developer would have been planning to improve the other modules or create new ones to bring them in line with the usability of SS...not you lot...you are like a one trick pony, anything at all that is actually good gets the sledge hammer treatment.

How are modules worthless?

Adv. Target Decay is fantastic for LRM users.

UAV is incredibly helpful for scouting and target retention, and even got a "buff" in the form of rewards.

Artillery and AirStrikes are extremely useful, and quite deadly when used properly.

Seismic Sensor is STILL a good module when used properly in the right situations (i.e. knowing if an assault squad is coming through a cave/valley/etc). You just can't run out and expect it to work anymore.

Edited by NuclearPanda, 05 November 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#206 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

They are obviously nerfing the Seismic Sensor so they can release new modules we will buy only to have them nerf them into oblivion with future patches. Pretty much like everything else in the game that you buy including Hero Mechs. I'll keep my crappy Seismic Sensor because I know the next modules will be OP, everyone will race out to buy them and once PGI has your C-Bills they will nerf those too.

Edited by Airborne Thunder, 05 November 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#207 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

View PostNuclearPanda, on 05 November 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

How are modules worthless?

Adv. Target Decay is fantastic for LRM users.

UAV is incredibly helpful for scouting and target retention, and even got a "buff" in the form of rewards.

Artillery and AirStrikes are extremely useful, and quite deadly when used properly.

Seismic Sensor is STILL a good module when used properly in the right situations (i.e. knowing if an assault is coming through a cave/valley/etc). You just can't run out and expect it to work anymore.

Cooooool shot erry day

#208 Vela Ventare

• PipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 32 posts
  • LocationUnited States

View PostAquaGoat, on 05 November 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

You need to chill out man...

Hey sorry, just the utter uproar some people get up to in these forums over really basic or simple ideas, (like how the NEW siesmic sensor is in line with physics now, rather than just being a magic eye for your local area, and yet is being trampled by people not yet used to the new functionality) just totally baffles me sometimes... Most of the time they could avoid coming off so idiotically if they just read something a few more times, or at all...

#209 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Patch seems a bit lackluster, nothing for most players.

I can't wait for actual improvements to roll out.

#210 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 05 November 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Gameplay
  • Removed the key binding option "Fire Selected Weapon Group". Mouse 1's (Left Click) default key bind is now "Fire Weapon Group 1", this can be remapped in the options screen.

What the hell have you done?

#211 J4ck4l

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

View PostBigBadVlad, on 05 November 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

WHAT THE HELL is wrong with you PGI?!?!??! I can understand changing the default action ( actually no i don't, but whatever) of how you fire to set the default for mouse 1 to be fire weapon group 1, maybe there was some kind of vocal outcry for this??? But to remove the option to Fire Selected Weapon Group entirely!!!!???? I actually scroll through my different weapon groups to select what I find fits the situation. I can no longer do this. Now I have to remember where I am going to map up to 6 different groups all the time. Combine this with all my mechs have different groups I have to get it in my head every time I play a different mech "OK Weapon group 4 is this and that is what button again?" Before I had this handy little display that showed me what weapon group was selected and I always just press Q to scroll through the weapon groups. I know! That was too easy! PGI must feel that is hacking or something....

THIS. I want the dope they had when they thought about removing one of the most important features of the game.

#212 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

View PostNuclearPanda, on 05 November 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

How is it a "bait and switch"?

Did you ask for a refund on Gauss rifles when the new firing mechanic was implemented and proclaim B&S?

Was it B&S when "ghost heat" was implemented to combat boating? (Some of ghost heat mechanics are still broken, this I admit)

Did you QQ when Artemis targeting was corrected to not target solely the CT on mechs and proclaim B&S to get your money back?

Pout in a corner when SSRM users could suddenly target you in your ECM mech if they equipped BAP and demand for justice?

Things change. This Seismic change was announced months ago and it was necessary. It makes sense now.

Of course they can't do individual refunds.

But they can edit the database and remove any heavily reworked item from everyones inventory and deposit that as CB. That is the ethical thing to do if you completely change something. But the best would be not to have to heavily rework things i.e. good design...

It's a bait and switch like this: Want to buy this awesome wallhack that works for all chassis and have a range of 400m (or whatever)? Then months later you get something that is useless to lights and with half the range.

#213 Argent Usher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

So could someone ask in the next "Ask the Drunken":

"Why you have removed the option to Fire Selected Weapon Group entirely?"

THX

#214 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

Stop the crying please and l2p without wallhacks. Seismic is still great for a lot of situations. Like knowing if someone is sneaking up on you while you're hanging back sniping or whatever. Just, lol at "pros" crying about wanting what was basically a wallhack back. Shut up.

Edited by POWR, 05 November 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#215 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostThoummim, on 05 November 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

I do not appriciate the fact the jester has JJ, it feel pay 2 win. Come on that thing can be super fast + JJ + 1extra AMS.

Its just flatout better than the k2.

One could argue that the k2 has 2ballistic hardpoint but since the jaggermech is here there is little reason to bring a ballistic in it.

Hardly. It's still weaker, and I'd be glad to show you why....

#216 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 05 November 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:

And Panda, as long as there aren't too many more snags with DX11, we should see the moon map in December still.

Hmmm. Seems like somebody has been sampling the good stuff.

I'm still trying to find where MWO hid my optimism.

S

#217 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostKattspya, on 05 November 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Of course they can't do individual refunds.

But they can edit the database and remove any heavily reworked item from everyones inventory and deposit that as CB. That is the ethical thing to do if you completely change something. But the best would be not to have to heavily rework things i.e. good design...

It's a bait and switch like this: Want to buy this awesome wallhack that works for all chassis and have a range of 400m (or whatever)? Then months later you get something that is useless to lights and with half the range.

But why remove Seismic completely? It is still incredibly useful in situations, even for light mechs.

As a light you can get to someplace like the caves on Forest Colony and hold up shop for a minute there at the entrance. While you're NOT MOVING, you can see an enemy force coming through. You can retreat, quickly mind you, while relaying that you need assistance due to cave rush and proceed to attempt to flank/harass the intruders.

I see no problem here.

Edited by NuclearPanda, 05 November 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#218 Hop per

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

I have three Seismic Sensor and love them. I also think I have easily made my 18mil worth plus some, and will still use them. I can now use my speed and maneuverability in some mechs to evade and attack. Great nerf.

But now that you got me thinking... Nvida made a better video card than the one I bought 2 years ago, maybe I should ask them for my money back, since it wont be as useful to me...

#219 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostSilverlance, on 05 November 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Ahhh. I see. That is pretty ******* lame then. Seriously? You can only detect vibrations using seismic sensor if you're not moving? Then what the hell was the ******* point of introducing it in the first place?
See. I started to have faith again in PGI a little bit ago. I forgot what for. But now it's completely out the mother ******* window again. Good game PGI, you've managed to continuously **** off your player base left and right with your absolutely idiotic ideas left and right.
If you **** up Clan implementation, the gloves are coming off *******.

Actually , I'm pretty happy with it.

Oh, and you realise that they're nerfing all the clanstuff into oblivion, right? Because, hey, how would you like if ALL the mechs and guns ingame now, that you have spent all that time and money unlocking would suddenly be completely gimped because clan-stuff as pr. the rulebooks? Oh right, you wouldn't like that at all, you'd scream.

And really, l2p.

#220 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 05 November 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

But why remove Seismic completely? It is still incredibly useful in situations, even for light mechs.

As a light you can get to someplace like the caves on Forest Colony and hold up shop for a minute there at the entrance. While you're NOT MOVING, you can see an enemy force coming through. You can retreat, quickly mind you, while relaying that you need assistance due to cave rush and proceed to attempt to flank the intruders.

I see no problem here.

If they rework something they remove it from everyones inventory and deposit the corresponding amount of CB. If a player wants the reworked version they can rebuy.

Neither you nor I know how useful it is in its current form. All I know is that I do not like to stand still in my lights and any module that requires me to do so had better be worth it. Seismic is not.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users