Jump to content

Announcing The End Of Phoenix Packages


106 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

    Member

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

In June we received leaked documents about a massive initiative designated as ‘Project Phoenix’ featuring an exotic range of ancient technology thought lost to the sands of time. After uncovering these unique BattleMechs, ComStar's adaptation of this technology is almost complete. With Saber Reinforcements expected to arrive December 17, the final chance to purchase Project Phoenix and Saber Reinforcements is December 3.

Each package delivers both the Phoenix BattleMechs of each unique chassis type, plus two Standard Variants. See the package details here for the full readout on the package contents that accompany each tier. Project Phoenix will never be made available again! A FAQ can be found here.

Project Phoenix and Saber Reinforcements will no longer be available for purchase after December 3, 2013 at 23:59 UTC.



#2 Caswallon

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 540 posts
  • LocationArboris

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

Can ai haz an in gamez Badge then plz?

Edited by Caswallon, 20 November 2013 - 02:02 PM.


#3 Armored Yokai

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,497 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:58 PM

Darn if only it lasted till 28-30th of december
though i cannot wait for the griffin and wolverine

Edited by Cementblade, 20 November 2013 - 01:59 PM.


#4 Will9761

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

Thank you PGI, for bringing these classic mechs back to the history of the BattleTech Universe.

#5 Xeno Phalcon

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,824 posts
  • LocationHeard Nekobich was gone

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

I'll not lie, when I saw the image for this in the main screen of MWO I cackled like a mad scientist.

#6 Bront

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,211 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

Darn, I was hoping the Saber package might make it past Christmas. Probably not getting it then. Oh well.

#7 Heffay

    Rum Runner

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,435 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

I wish we had the ability to gift packages before the sale ended. :-(

#8 Werewolf486 ScorpS

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostCementblade, on 20 November 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Darn if only it lasted till 28-30th of december
though i cannot wait for the griffin and wolverine

View PostBront, on 20 November 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

Darn, I was hoping the Saber package might make it past Christmas. Probably not getting it then. Oh well.


Again PGI brilliance is at hand. You stop the sale of this package just before lots of your player base gets their Christmas money? How about making one smart business move on your part this holiday season and open the sale through the first week of January to collect more money from the unsuspecting throngs you have. Personally I saw no reason for myself to buy this pack as I have something like 28 mechs, don't car for the Locust and don't care much for the variant hard points to pay real money for them, but to me ending the sale just before the windfall of Christmas mad money is another example of why you need to get some professional help in marketing. Even if the plan is to start the Clan Founders sale then, you can do both for a month.

#9 John MatriX82

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostWerewolf486, on 20 November 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:


Again PGI brilliance is at hand. You stop the sale of this package just before lots of your player base gets their Christmas money? How about making one smart business move on your part this holiday season and open the sale through the first week of January to collect more money from the unsuspecting throngs you have. Personally I saw no reason for myself to buy this pack as I have something like 28 mechs, don't car for the Locust and don't care much for the variant hard points to pay real money for them, but to me ending the sale just before the windfall of Christmas mad money is another example of why you need to get some professional help in marketing. Even if the plan is to start the Clan Founders sale then, you can do both for a month.


Come on, we'll have black friday sale prolly soon.

@ PGI: too bad you never wanted to create mid tiers allowing to chose the beloved mechs to pick from. I didn't went for any phoeinx package due to this.

#10 John Deadfox

    Member

  • Pip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

Ending the sale before Christmas? That must mean we are getting something different in its place. Smells like clanner scum to me.

#11 Will9761

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

My thought exactly, as soon as the Phoenix mechs are vaulted. PGI will be cooking up a Clan Package to cater to the Clan Community.

#12 Tooooonpie

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

Idiotic question - If I've bought the Overlord package, do I get the Sabre package included?

#13 New Day

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostJohn Deadfox, on 20 November 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Ending the sale before Christmas? That must mean we are getting something different in its place. Smells like clanner scum to me.

Nice, that means we also get a free half month of communication, Wohoo.

#14 ThatNumbGuy

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

View PostWill9761, on 20 November 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Thank you PGI, for bringing these classic mechs back to the history of the BattleTech Universe.

I second this. Thank you.

#15 Poppaukko

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 235 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostTooooonpie, on 20 November 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Idiotic question - If I've bought the Overlord package, do I get the Sabre package included?

No. Sabre package is bought separately.

#16 CHH Badkarma

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

With the sale finally ending, does this mean that you will finally be able to devote some time for current owners to receive the in game scoreboard badges that were part of the package?

and btw, thanks for bringing in some of the classics!

Edited by Jason Radick, 20 November 2013 - 04:01 PM.


#17 Werewolf486 ScorpS

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostWill9761, on 20 November 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

My thought exactly, as soon as the Phoenix mechs are vaulted. PGI will be cooking up a Clan Package to cater to the Clan Community.

Due for release in the Summer of 2014 to package buyers, Christmas 2014 for CB purchases.

#18 Redshift2k5

    Welcoming Committee

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

Unfortunate.

The Project Pheonix core packages allowed plenty of time to purchase a pack after the stats were fully known and after their in-game performance could be explored by the community.

Dissapointing that the Saber packages must be bought 100% unseen, since they will not appear until well after the cut-off for purchase.

Admittedly the project has been for sale for a long period of time; but what about a cut-off date for Project Pheonix packs and a later cut-off for reinforcement upgrades until after the Wolverine and Griffin hit the game?

#19 SmithMPBT

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts
  • LocationAnaheim, California

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Great, great, now some programmers should be freed up for UI 2.0, CW, Game Modes and Maps right? :)

Edited by SmithMPBT, 20 November 2013 - 04:38 PM.


#20 Alex Warden

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,657 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostWerewolf486, on 20 November 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:


Again PGI brilliance is at hand. You stop the sale of this package just before lots of your player base gets their Christmas money? How about making one smart business move on your part this holiday season and open the sale through the first week of January to collect more money from the unsuspecting throngs you have. Personally I saw no reason for myself to buy this pack as I have something like 28 mechs, don't car for the Locust and don't care much for the variant hard points to pay real money for them, but to me ending the sale just before the windfall of Christmas mad money is another example of why you need to get some professional help in marketing. Even if the plan is to start the Clan Founders sale then, you can do both for a month.



i take any bet that there will be enough reason for peoples money to go thru the chimney at x-mas...





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users