106 replies to this topic

#21 Biruke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,162 posts
  • LocationMsk, RF, Terra

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:50 AM

A Clan-pack could be a great Christmas self-gift for the players. Many would buy, including me. Many would buy for their beloved mechwarriors. Don't make it next year, please :ph34r:

#22 Snowcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

Great! Now gimme clan mechs! :ph34r:
I want my madcat!

Edited by Snowcrow, 21 November 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#23 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:58 AM

CLAN PACK!!!!! RARARGHLARAGLH

#24 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

View PostWerewolf486, on 20 November 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Again PGI brilliance is at hand. You stop the sale of this package just before lots of your player base gets their Christmas money? How about making one smart business move on your part this holiday season and open the sale through the first week of January to collect more money from the unsuspecting throngs you have.

Or they stop the pack before x-mas so people spend MC on getting the regular mechs after x-mas as people are more inclined to spend money when it it is "outside the budget". They would gain more money from that and it is not like the deal was up for a short time... Heck even little Billy could have made the money to get a pack by walking dogs and cutting grass by now.

No it actually makes perfect sense to cut it short before X-Mas. And seriously.. The regular mechs are still there..It is just the P mechs that go away.

#25 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:16 AM

View PostWerewolf486, on 20 November 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Due for release in the Summer of 2014 to package buyers, Christmas 2014 for CB purchases.

It's hard to imagine it like that. I can assume that the Clan Package would be coming out in Mid Winter-Spring 2014 for package buyers and Summer - Fall 2014 for CB purchases.

Edited by Will9761, 21 November 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#26 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

My guess is another package will be out for the Holiday season. They have said many times that they've been working on Clan tech and mechs for months now. It stands to reason they might have enough grasp of their mech production times (given the steady new content in that area alone) that they'll be willing to start a package for quarter 2 or 3 release next year.

Alternatively, they might have another set of unseen or just other inner sphere mechs with more, so far, useless loyalty bonuses ready to go.

Oh, can you tell I'm annoyed that one of the largest features of my Phoenix mechs isn't going to useful or earning me any kind of actual bonus until middle of next year at this rate?

#27 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostWill9761, on 21 November 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

It's hard to imagine it like that. I can assume that the Clan Package would be coming out in Mid Winter-Spring 2014 for package buyers and Summer - Fall 2014 for CB purchases.

That was a troll btw...not serious. Poking fun at PGI and how they seem to do things so screwed up.

#28 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

hmm, wonder if they'll have a Thanksgiving sale with new unadvertised mechs. cough Banshee, Cyclops, King Crab, Mauler, Zeus, double cough Anni, Devastator, Rampage.

#29 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 21 November 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

hmm, wonder if they'll have a Thanksgiving sale with new unadvertised mechs. cough Banshee, Cyclops, King Crab, Mauler, Zeus, double cough Anni, Devastator, Rampage.

would love to have that King Crab!

#30 Merit Lef

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

Would love to see the Clans but to be honest this game is not ready for them yet.

#31 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

I think these forum icons are interesting for seeing who the whales in this game are. In this thread, for example, the Legendary founders often have Overload tier, while the elite/veteran founders always have one of the lesser priced Phoenix tiers or none at all. Also surprised to see the number of non-founders with Overlord - I guess they're mostly people who came to the game post Oct. 2012.

#32 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:58 PM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 21 November 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

I think these forum icons are interesting for seeing who the whales in this game are. In this thread, for example, the Legendary founders often have Overload tier, while the elite/veteran founders always have one of the lesser priced Phoenix tiers or none at all. Also surprised to see the number of non-founders with Overlord - I guess they're mostly people who came to the game post Oct. 2012.

Whale. But I still didn't buy the Saber upgrade.

(I did get the Protector and Dragon Slayer when they were 30% off though...)

#33 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 November 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

In June we received leaked documents about a massive initiative designated as ‘Project Phoenix’ featuring an exotic range of ancient technology thought lost to the sands of time. After uncovering these unique BattleMechs, ComStar's adaptation of this technology is almost complete. With Saber Reinforcements expected to arrive December 17, the final chance to purchase Project Phoenix and Saber Reinforcements is December 3.
Each package delivers both the Phoenix BattleMechs of each unique chassis type, plus two Standard Variants. See the package details here for the full readout on the package contents that accompany each tier. Project Phoenix will never be made available again! A FAQ can be found here.
Project Phoenix and Saber Reinforcements will no longer be available for purchase after December 3, 2013 at 23:59 UTC.

Wait! You are missing one more Reinforcement Pack!
Posted Image

#34 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 21 November 2013 - 02:38 PM, said:

I would not say post oct 2012. Though I did get in early do to the botched invites that were sent out. Would have gladly paid for a founders pack had I had the available funds at the time. I would also gladly pay for a clan pack so I can stop this lone wolf act as my people are not "officially" represented.

#35 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

It's too bad no one in my life knows me well enough to get me it for Christmas.

#36 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

View PostWerewolf486, on 20 November 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Due for release in the Summer of 2014 to package buyers, Christmas 2014 for CB purchases.

Proof please. If sarcasm, then don't. Thanks. ;)

#37 torgian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 283 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:28 PM

Meh.

Even fi they do come out with clans on Christmas... what good would it do to buy them? Support the company, yes, that woulnd't be a bad reason, but at the same time, there isn't a game to play the Clan mechs in.

When there's something beyond mindless vaping of random mechs in the game, I'll be interested in spending more money here.
But I just can't justify spending ANY kind of money on this game right now.

There's just nothing to do.

#38 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Wait! You are missing one more Reinforcement Pack!

*sigh*

Indeed they are... ;)

But sadly.. oh, well.. we all know we'll probably never see the Warhammer and Marauder in this game..

S.

#39 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 20 November 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Unfortunate.

The Project Pheonix core packages allowed plenty of time to purchase a pack after the stats were fully known and after their in-game performance could be explored by the community.

Dissapointing that the Saber packages must be bought 100% unseen, since they will not appear until well after the cut-off for purchase.

Admittedly the project has been for sale for a long period of time; but what about a cut-off date for Project Pheonix packs and a later cut-off for reinforcement upgrades until after the Wolverine and Griffin hit the game?

The issue is that the Sabre packages are dependent on first purchasing one of the PP packages. Since you will no longer be able to purchase PP packages after December 3rd, it effectively prevents purchasing the addon Sabre packages on that date as well.

Not how I would have set it up, but that is why they both have to end at that time. I would just make it be $50 to solo purchase the Sabre pack after that date. Not as good of a deal, since you are paying for the Locust package but not receiving it, but I guess you should have purchased it earlier.

What they could do, though, is allow anyone that has purchased the PP package by that date to upgrade for 30 days, which would be the best way to do it in my opinion.

#40 Judge Redeemer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

Give us Archer, Warhammer, Marauder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users