106 replies to this topic

#101 Blacksoul1987

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 03 December 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

Look im up for debate on this subject. Firstly i goto warn you im a Clansman, a Smoke Jaguar, have been since MW2, netmech, always a Jaguar. Im not a TT person.
Along with good gameplay alot of us expect a certain following of the MW lore. Its a rich lore of longstanding, so if included or followed to the best possible extent it wood add to the games quality.
But anyway..
The Clans were powerful, powerful war machines, thats lore, sure no hang on. There has to be a balance, there has to be pure an simple. But again if we look at lore the answer is there, very simple, numbers..
We clansmen relish the thought of wading into large numbers of IS scum..
The balance is in team size/weight, easy solution, no coding no BS. Make the clan mechs as they should be then balance the team size.
Test 10vs 12, 8v12, 6v12, no idea myself but cant be hard to trial.
Really i dont want a watered down clan mech, i want the powerful machine its meant to be.
Besides in reality along with its Pros the Clan Battlemech has its cons..Extra heat, less space,XL engine 3 critical features in design.
Anyways apart from that..
Real happy to hear about the private lobbys.
Im patching first time in alot of months.

you do realize that most people don't want to be on the larger team right? we all wanna be using the superior tech and rolling multiple people. anyone on the IS would have to compete for kills while the clanners will be rolling in the kills and just feeling great. If clan tech comes out as strong as it was in lore I will be selling off all my IS mechs and buying Clan mechs and the majority of the other people will as well. Also only reason I even bought the Phoenix battlemechs was because they said they were not going to allow clan mechs to be overpowered, I would never have spent $110 dollars on something I knew was gonna be obsolete. What will really happen is if clan tech is introduced at full power you will be playing Clan vs Clan not Clan vs IS, IS tech will be irrelevant to anyone who can afford a clan mech. Also you are not the only avid clanner around here In my previous MechWarrior days I played in Ghost Bear, Steel Viper and Wolf every clan I was in we always just faced Clan mechs nobody used IS garbage. I will be buying the clan pack that comes out whether or not it is Overpowered so I'll be fine either way but i'd really rather not have my IS mechs be obsolete.

#102 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostHeffay, on 02 December 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

[/size]

They'll be quite different, which is good. Balance > lore.

This. As much as I love battletech MWO will benefit most from using it more as a guideline instead of a rulebook especially concerning mech variants, many of our mechs would be much more interesting if they had included one traditional variant then a few PGI versions. (Trying to keep within a set BT timeline has also been quite detrimental with some mechs in fact)

#103 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostWerewolf486, on 20 November 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Again PGI brilliance is at hand. You stop the sale of this package just before lots of your player base gets their Christmas money? How about making one smart business move on your part this holiday season and open the sale through the first week of January to collect more money from the unsuspecting throngs you have.

Agreed , that was a veeeery bad move from their part.

#104 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostBOTA49, on 04 December 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

I'd love to see something like this:

I think that is all great stuff, and hopefully we will see these (plus trials) eventually. I think the same way to do Solaris matches could be used for the trials, and they have said that the new skirmish mode is supposed to be the foundation of that Solaris system, so I have hopes that it will happen at some point.

#105 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

IMO if people would stop talking about clan tech like its the ONLY thing that matters in a game that doesn't even have a full Inner Sphere for the clans to invade in the game, things would probably go a lot smoother. We have plenty of IS mechs, lots of weaponry to use on said mechs and plenty of factions and pilots playing. What we need is for CW to be out for the Inner Sphere to actually feel like it means something other than just 'Click launch, fight on a map, go back, tweek mech, repeat.' If we focused less on Clans and more on encouraging PGI to finish the Inner Sphere, introduce CW and U.I. 2.0 and letting the IS fight it out before introducing things that will make everything that came before in terms of weapons and mechs completely obsolete, things would run a lot faster for everyone.

I mean, come on people. Clans aren't the only thing to focus on. We are getting 2 55 ton IS mechs on the 17th that will be on par with the Shadow Hawk and weight limits put in place that will make them dominating in fights. Leave the clans alone at least for a while, until there is an actual Inner Sphere to try and take over. No point in being an 'honor bound' warrior if you don't have your beloved Clan tech or even an in game Inner Sphere to try and take over with CW not even launched yet.

#106 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostBlue doqyn, on 04 December 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

IMO if people would stop talking about clan tech like its the ONLY thing that matters in a game that doesn't even have a full Inner Sphere for the clans to invade in the game, things would probably go a lot smoother. We have plenty of IS mechs, lots of weaponry to use on said mechs and plenty of factions and pilots playing. What we need is for CW to be out for the Inner Sphere to actually feel like it means something other than just 'Click launch, fight on a map, go back, tweek mech, repeat.' If we focused less on Clans and more on encouraging PGI to finish the Inner Sphere, introduce CW and U.I. 2.0 and letting the IS fight it out before introducing things that will make everything that came before in terms of weapons and mechs completely obsolete, things would run a lot faster for everyone.

I mean, come on people. Clans aren't the only thing to focus on. We are getting 2 55 ton IS mechs on the 17th that will be on par with the Shadow Hawk and weight limits put in place that will make them dominating in fights. Leave the clans alone at least for a while, until there is an actual Inner Sphere to try and take over. No point in being an 'honor bound' warrior if you don't have your beloved Clan tech or even an in game Inner Sphere to try and take over with CW not even launched yet.

While I don't disagree with you, the fact is that many people, if not the majority, would prefer it to be the opposite. Clans are very popular, as you can tell from all of the Clan signatures when Clans haven't even been implemented yet. If a vote was done for a fresh game that had just IS tech or just Clan tech, I think it would be a pretty lopsided vote in favor of Clans.

Anyways, we can discuss whatever we want, since all we have to talk about right now is stuff like this...

#107 Kitty Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostCimarb, on 04 December 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

While I don't disagree with you, the fact is that many people, if not the majority, would prefer it to be the opposite. Clans are very popular, as you can tell from all of the Clan signatures when Clans haven't even been implemented yet. If a vote was done for a fresh game that had just IS tech or just Clan tech, I think it would be a pretty lopsided vote in favor of Clans.

Anyways, we can discuss whatever we want, since all we have to talk about right now is stuff like this...

Yet because the majority wants Clans so much PGI sees dollar signs in their eyes to invest off how many people would want clan tech. Because of this, CW and any new feature after will be heavily delayed while PGI makes money off people's wants.

So all in all we are already hurting because of the Clans. Everything will be held back while a new package is put together for clans and CW and U.I. 2.0 will be delayed further.

And back on topic, Wolverine with an XL 330 engine, max JJs and armor, Endo steel with a Mlas, 1 LBX and 1 SRM6 pack. Perfect close in hit and run mech lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users