My Ping Went Fro 250M/s To 2000M/s

184 replies to this topic

#41 Kh0rn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

I have used a VPN but even with that still hitting 360- 600 ping and with out the VPN any thing between 1200 and 2500. This problem is on a much larger scale then others think I hope PGI is watching and taking note for if they do not fix this. They will loose a large player base.

#42 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

been having more lag spikes recently. ping before matches usually ok but spikes some times during matches.

to those suggesting tracerts, they don't work on spikes unless you just happen to do it the instant there is a spike

#43 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:51 AM

http://www.yougetsig...visual-tracert/

http://www.visualroute.com/

http://www.pingplott...m/freeware.html

http://traceroute.monitis.com/

#44 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

Southern California here, ping went from 70's to 200+ from early December. Traced it with support and pings were under 30 all the way to Chicago, thats where it went bad. The hubs ping there was around 200, then it dropped back to around 40 near Toronto, Canada. Anyone know how to re-route past a junky hub?

#45 psychophat

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

Somebody needs to route us right, it's getting worst just when I just got my optic line.

Things just went south for my Mech blasting days.

Seriously just had an net upgrade then this happens, was so freaking happy when Clans will be on then this.

What a nice holiday this has become, merry then sad to frustrated.

Edited by psychophat, 27 December 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#46 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

actually my ping was lower than ever today... until last match, but that was a server issue :P

#47 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

Well it seems for those out side of the USA and some other parts are not getting a nice reducing ping but a huge increase it in. And we talking unplayable kind of ping.

#48 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

<<< germany, about 6-10ms better ping

Edited by Alex Warden, 27 December 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#49 rawrcat

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 9 posts
  • Locationau

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

Here, this may help:

"The problem you have encountered is a known issue and we hope to have it fixed soon. We're currently investigating an issue that seems to have impacted connectivity, especially for players connecting from overseas. We're asking players to talk to their ISPs as well as normal connection tests are returning normal results, however gaming traffic is a bit different. We're exploring the theory that with the release of the new generation of consoles, some ISPs are doing strange things to gaming traffic. Different games handle this in different ways and since MWO is still a work in progress, chances are it's suffering a bit more as a result. "

MWO- Ticket 26/11/13

#50 VerTicaL

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

Today tried a match and was a bit better(500-600ms) than before(1000-1500ms)
but still not at what is was prior to the patch(250-300ms)still lagging a bunch...

Tracert still shows a ping of 250 to 300 over 14 hops,which hasnt changed from beta

Would be so pissed if my premium time was in use(thank goodness its not)played 3 matches in my sabre mechs ;)

Please investigate and naplam(with extreme prejudice)the culpruit

#51 Kh0rn

• Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

Mastawolf's post brings some comfort but its still unclear if this is gonna be resolved soon but I take there word on it if they are looking into it and working too fix it. South Africa is a hotspot and virtually all players here can not play effectively.

#52 John E

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

based on masta's post they have been looking into it since 1 month ago and still no fix. In fact countries that weren't originally affected have become affected.. really hope they get it working soon

#53 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:22 AM

I was recently having the same problem. My ping was going from 25 to 100 lately. Usually at offpeak times, I thought maybe PGI was trying to lvl the playing field of Americans versus people overseas haha. But today it never went back down, and I was annoyed.

A tracert showed midway i was hopping to france where the ping would jump to 100, and then back to America through atlanta Georgia for some strange reason. It had nothing to do with PGI.

I live in NYC and should not have to go through france and then georgia to get to canada!

As has been said before on these forums Internap blocks the ping requests, which is strange in itself, they must have problems alot, and that is usually where the bad hops occur.

I opened a live chat with my ISP, explained the situation, the agent fixed the issue in minutes and Now I'm back to my regular ping.

I suggest everybody do the same. Go to command prompt. type tracert 70.42.29.74, which is the mwo client server address, Find out where the ping jumps, inform your ISP. and Tell them its affecting your gameplay. Its not as silly as it sounds, its what you pay them for.

Black screens are most likely connection issues, freezing most likely conncetion, crashing to desktop after loading screen,, etc. If someone argues otherwise with you, they are suspicous. Welcome to 2013 soon to be 2014. If your heat and memory are fine, and computer never crashes otherwise, and you are getting no error messages to the contrary, there is no reason to think it has anything to do with PGI or your computer.

Edited by RichAC, 29 December 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#54 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostVerTicaL, on 27 December 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

Today tried a match and was a bit better(500-600ms) than before(1000-1500ms)
but still not at what is was prior to the patch(250-300ms)still lagging a bunch...

Tracert still shows a ping of 250 to 300 over 14 hops,which hasnt changed from beta

Would be so pissed if my premium time was in use(thank goodness its not)played 3 matches in my sabre mechs ;)

Please investigate and naplam(with extreme prejudice)the culpruit

how is that even possible. Post your tracert please. And call your ISP! I doubt it has anything to do with PGI.

Edited by RichAC, 29 December 2013 - 09:30 AM.

#55 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:00 PM

Well it happened to me again. I was connecting to a france tinet server along the hops and was jumping from 30 ping to 100. Its part of internap and then going back to internap in america through georgia. Seems to always start ocurring at this time, as if the game server or my ISP is offloading bandwidth at offpeak hours, or something else going on.

Once again I called my ISP and the got my ping down to 50, its not 30, but way better then 100. and I was no longer connecting to france again.

Rebooting my router myself doesn't help me at all. And its annoying to have to keep calling my isp, Although they are only one click away. I'm going to try changing to some public DNS servers if it happens again and see if that changes anything. I'll post back if it made any difference for me. Maybe you guys could try that too. You can download this utility called DNS benchmark from this site https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm, then you can change your dns servers in your router, or in your pc network settings, to the ones it picks that are the fastest.

It turns out though the canadian IP for the game server is part of internap too, which has its headquarters in Atlanta Georgia. I guess they are PGI's host. and maybe they have been having bandwidth issues past couple weeks. That fact they block pings after the first two must mean they are worried about flooding or DDOS attacks. And i can't tell you how many times BF3 was taken offline by hackers, one time for a whole week, one week ea's servers plus punk busters at the same time. and once to the point where EA had to apologize on the home page and said they were "working on mitigating the ddos attacks". These things just happen more and more nowadays. Its crazy.

Even if PGI changed hosts, it might even be worse. they might get knocked offline all the time lol. But I'm only guessing here.

Edited by RichAC, 29 December 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#56 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:27 AM

quakelive.com is offline, and BF3 has this message on their main page: "We are continuing to monitor some intermittent connectivity issues affecting some players across various platforms" So Its not just us guys.

On another note, my isp did something to my connection so I always have 60 ping when connecting to game server. It autoadjusts or something. It changes my ip address sometimes but I dont' care because I don't run a server. its not as good as 30 but its better then 100 and it supposedly will stay steady at that ping. I still suggest you guys call your ISP.

Edited by RichAC, 30 December 2013 - 06:39 AM.

#57 MarauderBronze

• PipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

I am hesitant to blame my ISP when I have used the same connection from the same location for over 1.5 yrs playing this game, then all of a sudden, the exact same day and hour the patch is released, my in-game ping spikes from the normal 250-400 (not ideal, but definitely playable) to over 1500. Also I ran a ping test
Spoiler
starting as soon as I clicked the launch button, and the ping spiked in two very distinct places, when I was connected to a match, and when I was dropped into the match, and then it stayed at the 1500+ level. I really do feel this is a PGI issue, or an issue with their ISP, especially considering the post by mastawolf.

#58 Heinreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:06 AM

Posting to report increased ping times too.

When I last played in October my ping was around 260ms. First time I've been playing since then and now my ping is at 500. I'm playing from the Philippines (ISP is PLDT).

I'm also getting some weird in-game behavior where targeting a mech and zooming in is very laggy (but not in training grounds). Meaning when I press 'r' over an enemy mech, it takes over a second for it to get targeted, making changing targets very hard. Zoom works the same way. I try to zoom-in and it takes several seconds before the command registers.

#59 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostMarauderBronze, on 30 December 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

I am hesitant to blame my ISP when I have used the same connection from the same location for over 1.5 yrs playing this game, then all of a sudden, the exact same day and hour the patch is released, my in-game ping spikes from the normal 250-400 (not ideal, but definitely playable) to over 1500. Also I ran a ping test
Spoiler
starting as soon as I clicked the launch button, and the ping spiked in two very distinct places, when I was connected to a match, and when I was dropped into the match, and then it stayed at the 1500+ level. I really do feel this is a PGI issue, or an issue with their ISP, especially considering the post by mastawolf.
I can believe the patch might affect your fps. But your ping? Did they just change hosts to go with their patch? thats strange. Usually ping is not due to the pc or server, but the route.

Two other fps game i play right now are unexpectedly offline, or having connection issues. Not just MWO.

I'm just telling you my personal experience with my ISP cause it might help others. For the past couple weeks i've been jumping to 100 ping, from 25. It was a bad hop to france. usually at offpeak hours, sometimes any time, which was getting annoying. Maybe they offloading bandwidth.

Calling my ISP changed that.now unfortunately I no longer get 25 ping, but it will stay midway at 60 ping at all times now, which is way better then 100. which is fine for me.

Check your route, see where your connection is going. what servers are having load issues. Britain is the biggest inteernet bottlneck in the world, maybe you guys go through there? And if they are getting ddos'd hard right now, it will probably affect all of you and theres not much you can do.

Doesn't hurt to call though.

Edited by RichAC, 30 December 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#60 MarauderBronze

• PipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

My FPS remains unchanged, consistently 50+. And I seem to be having the opposite issue, all other games I play including online games have continued to have 0 issues whatsoever. Also, my ISP has been unwilling to change any internet settings for me, which means I'm screwed, if it is a relay. I'm glad that your ISP was able to fix the issue for you, I'm just not confident from everything that I've experienced that the ISP was the origin of the problem, even if they were able to fix it. Here's to hoping it's fixed soon either way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users