#101 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

Should just put the explanation in the first post, last post, then just lock it.

#102 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 09 December 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

As our Front-page news updates are tied to the Announcements sub-forum, a repost was necessary to ensure this Command Chair update appeared on the main-page. This is an issue we hope to address in future web updates, and we apologize for any inconvenience this post may have caused for those who have already read this update.

If you had put that as the first post in the thread (ideally right after you posted it, perhaps?) a lot of teeth-gnashing, wailing, and waving of pitch-forks and torches could have been avoided.

#103 giganova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 200 posts
  • Location3rd prime celestial body of the Sol star system

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:59 AM

View PostMystere, on 10 December 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

The negativity on this thread is astounding. Better stay away from now on.

This coming from the kill it with fire guy...

#104 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

View Postgiganova, on 10 December 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

This coming from the kill it with fire guy...

Well, it isn't exactly my fault if you don't recognize where my sig was derived from. The original source was even worse. :)

Hint: replace "fire" with "blood".

Edited by Mystere, 10 December 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#105 Feetwet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 448 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:08 AM

View PostFrozen Spirit Jac, on 10 December 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

Damn people be grateful that we even have a good game of Mechwarrior, just cause we all have our mechbays full, mastered current maps & hiding positions, shot off every load :), and pitted our piloting skills for the biggest and best doesnt mean you have to sledge what most still enjoy playing over and over.

almost like a spoilt child openning a xmas present, unwraps it, smiles, then moves onto his next present (#34), never satisfied with what he has.

Damn it how many cars do you need in the garage. There are plenty of games developers out there milking gamers for illusions of a better game and promising 6bit pixels in comparison. So stop your petty whinning like wounded kangaroos on the side of highway and have a cup of cement! :P

Pratically :rolleyes: the game and stopped playing the others bc of it.
I look at it as we are in 3050 and the universe there is going same rate of time as here, so naturally if I am living on some backwater planet in the Battletech Universe, this is pretty much what I expect to see in my local hood!
Look forward to future development

The analogy is not quite right. This child opened the only present he had been waiting on ALL year (i.e. he was supposed to get it for his birthday around easter last year but his parents didn't get it in time). So he rips the paper off to find...

The same tonka truck he got last christmas. Sure it was cleaned up and had a new paint job but he's positive its the SAME truck.

Big things coming in January...
S

#106 Boris Javorina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 113 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostFeetwet, on 10 December 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

S

No, they don't... They come soonTM!

Edited by Boris Javorina, 10 December 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#107 Frozen Spirit Jac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostFeetwet, on 10 December 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

The analogy is not quite right. This child opened the only present he had been waiting on ALL year (i.e. he was supposed to get it for his birthday around easter last year but his parents didn't get it in time). So he rips the paper off to find...

The same tonka truck he got last christmas. Sure it was cleaned up and had a new paint job but he's positive its the SAME truck.

S

Damn Children! I want I want I want.
Sounds like there a few people here similar to those who stand in line in front of {brand store} for months in advance for the launch of the newest peice of {Scrap}. First to critic before everyone has a chance to look at it.

Keeping up with the Jones are we? I would laugh if everyone was force to go back to good old retro atari - That would stuff you all babies

#108 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostFrozen Spirit Jac, on 10 December 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

Damn Children! I want I want I want. Sounds like there a few people here similar to those who stand in line in front of {brand store} for months in advance for the launch of the newest peice of {Scrap}. First to critic before everyone has a chance to look at it. Keeping up with the Jones are we? I would laugh if everyone was force to go back to good old retro atari - That would stuff you all babies

Nice condescension there chap.

First this game isn't a gift from the developers to the players. Gifts are unexpected and you have no legal expectation to receive them. It's a commercial product, for which many of use have invested money in hoping that the developers could deliver on their vision.

Many people invested in this game based on a promise, and they were rewarded with some mechs, some currency, and other things as ways to fulfill a contractual obligation. They may have bought a few mechs, some premium time, some medallions, etc. but make no mistake that what they were sold was a vision of the future of the game and some loose assurances on when it would be delivered. That's what they intended to buy. I suppose the mechs were a selling point for some, but for many the value of items received was paltry in comparison to the outlay.

We're all still waiting for the multitiered massively multiplayer mech warrior game which has been the basis for selling more mechs, more MC, and more premium time.

If you can't see that the people here just want a glimpse of the game they thought they were buying into through these developer updates only to have the carpet pulled from under their feet by a front page link to a week old story then you're either stupid or naive, maybe equal measures of both.

#109 giganova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

View PostFrozen Spirit Jac, on 10 December 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

Keeping up with the Jones are we? I would laugh if everyone was force to go back to good old retro atari - That would stuff you all babies

Don't give the indy-hipster d-bags what they want...

#110 Frozen Spirit Jac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostHammerSwarm, on 10 December 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

If you can't see that the people here just want a glimpse of the game they thought they were buying into through these developer updates only to have the carpet pulled from under their feet by a front page link to a week old story then you're either stupid or naive, maybe equal measures of both.

There - there - no need to point fingers... or your case leave skiddies... just pointing out that there all alot of other game developers out there whom do far worse, where they spend more time doing the smallest tweek to a game and little emphasis on storyline . . . just being positive - just like piloting a mech with paper mache legs.

Sometimes you got to take the good with the bad and wait. Promises cant always be met and you get screwed. In that case you say toughtitties and move along. But don't ruin it for everyone else just because you are not happy. Some of us still enjoy a quick match. Sure we want what they originally promised now because they promised it. But **** happens and if you can't handle that well I suggest you take you thumb out of your dark sinister hole and start sucking on it like. (Sledging :lol: )

If you ever played other games when they first came out, in comparison, it isnt that much different. Could name a few but would rather not.

#111 Geek Verve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCentral Indiana, USA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

All the malcontents. :lol:

When a game disappoints you so, you have three options:
  • Stop playing it. Stop being disappointed.
  • Keep playing it. Work around the shortcomings as you perceive them. Continue to provide feedback in hopes those shortcomings will be addressed.
  • Keep playing it. Wallow in your disappointment. Go to the forums and repeatedly show your posterior for the world to see with a barrage of snide comments and vitriol. Were every one of those criticisms to be addressed at some point, I wonder if you would do a complete 180 and sing the praises of PGI, or simply find other issues to justify such behavior on your part?
Life's all about choices, and the choices you make clearly demonstrate your character to those around you.

#112 giganova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostFrozen Spirit Jac, on 10 December 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

If you ever played other games when they first came out, in comparison, it isnt that much different. Could name a few but would rather not.

Do you listen to what you're saying, or do you just smack the keyboard randomly?

#113 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

After a year of playing this game and seeing no real change in the game... I'm over it. No more money from me until clan invasion or new weapons introduced into the game. Sorry PGI.

#114 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostGeek Verve, on 10 December 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

• Keep playing it. Work around the shortcomings as you perceive them. Continue to provide feedback in hopes those shortcomings will be addressed.

Did this, and I'm pretty sure the comment feedback threads have been on /ignore.

#115 giganova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostGeek Verve, on 10 December 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

All the malcontents. :lol:

There wouldn't be so many "malcontents" if PGI weren't so meta and pro when it comes to rabble-rousing...

#116 12Bravo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:10 AM

The incorrect use of the word "meta" is mind blowing...

#117 giganova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

View Post12Bravo, on 10 December 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

The incorrect use of the word "meta" is mind blowing...

Not if you're the NSA, please try again.

...and just for clarification: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta

Edited by giganova, 10 December 2013 - 10:20 AM.

#118 12Bravo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 252 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, USA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Your quote of Wikipedia just reinforces my statement

#119 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

Honestly, I'm still having lots of fun with the game even as is because I like the combat and its pretty much the only option for this sort of mech-vs.-mech action. I play regularly, and contribute my money towards it because I think, in the end, it will be worth it. This doesn't mean that I don't have any issues with the actual gameplay but for the most part I can see fixes to these problems (once time can be devoted to deal specifically with these).

My comment was basically the result of the exact feeling that's been described in the thread already seeing that shiny new announcement in the place of the October CDU and opening it to reveal that its a repost of last weeks thread. At this point we're all eager to get information about how the grander scheme of things is going to work and to know how development is progressing so its only natural that people get upset when expectations aren't fulfilled. I'd argue that spending too much time on the forums doesn't help because there is a lot of infectious negativity floating around.

#120 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostMystere, on 10 December 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

The negativity on this thread is astounding. Better stay away from now on.

Well you tell me after 18 months of 'developement' we have the same game with a few more maps and endless new mechs and its still arena fighting, phoenix mechs 'bonuses' are not worth spit, and we have nothing to grind loyalty bonuses with..anyone can have anything positive other then yup the balance has been tweaked..

I thought after the launch presentation things might actually have got to the stage we would see Wc in a limited form by 'spring' sadly its the same old wind being spouted and clearly spring means christmas 2014 if we're lucky.. as ui2 is not going to see light of day in 2013

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users