End Of Year Designer Update

398 replies to this topic

#61 Tekadept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

But that link on the main page doesn't come to this thread, It just don't add up to me, with that as the explanation. If the link came to this thread, then I could believe that.

#62 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 09 December 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

Did I just get Rickrolled?

Maybe... ;)

#63 Peiper

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

RE: the OP.

So, what? Did we get trolled by PGI??

And I was excited for a moment... grumble...

#64 K4t4k1s

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

With not much time to follow each new post (full with the typical troll stuff, too) in the forum, even the official ones, I was quite happy for the link at the front page.
Thanks

#65 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

It sometimes look like these guys like to get bashed by the Internet/forums... Why else post this again and make it look like new material?

No hard feelings, guys. Let's just *learn and move on...

Edit cause I saw Niko Snow's post. All good, just put that in the topic or original post next time

Edited by Cion, 09 December 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#66 Mayestro

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

Nikos post may gives a reason and an apology! And i want to say thanks for that.
But truth be told i have to agree with many people that the way of the communication between the developer and us, the community, works isn't realy productive. While we are/were (hopefully are ;) ) hyped for CW and UI2.0 and then get something unsatisfying and fact lacking informations until it appears the next day or even at the same day. (i'm realy exiteted for both, but because of stated reasons, and the long waiting time, while still getting post that makes it look nearly done, i became annoyed of them in the same way :P (calling it the "Duke UI" already)).
So i still love this game to play and the game is already good PGI, but please stop teasing us with great ideas that we are going to see in "soon", but sound like we are going to see them... soon. I mean at some point every human loses his patience and that leads to frustration when a post like this apperas without giving new information, again.

sorry if this sound like just complaining or if it is maybe the wrong post in this topic, but realy wanting to give my viewpoint of the current situation where it can maybe be a bit constructive :P

#67 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 09 December 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

As our Front-page news updates are tied to the Announcements sub-forum, a repost was necessary to ensure this Command Chair update appeared on the main-page. This is an issue we hope to address in future web updates, and we apologize for any inconvenience this post may have caused for those who have already read this update.

Does the fact that this is entitled "End of Year Designer Update" mean we won't be getting a November or December CDU, or anything to replace the ATD until next year sometime?

It pays to talk to your players, who are your customers. It doesn't matter so much for a game in development or one that doesn't have a f2p model, but this game will live or die by how well you can keep the players interested in playing and spending money. More talking is better than less.

#68 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

Thanks Niko for commenting. It really does clear things up.

That being said, I hope you guys realize its the small stuff like that that slowly gets under people's skin. If that was the case, it probably would have been better just to do this announcement and shoot it directly to the front page then have the confusion over it happen.

I know you guys are working with the best intentions, but an accumulation of the small things like this and the various other mis-understandings that happen here only aggravates an already volatile climate.

#69 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

View Postaniviron, on 09 December 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Does the fact that this is entitled "End of Year Designer Update" mean we won't be getting a November or December CDU, or anything to replace the ATD until next year sometime?

It pays to talk to your players, who are your customers. It doesn't matter so much for a game in development or one that doesn't have a f2p model, but this game will live or die by how well you can keep the players interested in playing and spending money. More talking is better than less.

We asked PGI for more communication. Instead we get a re-post that sounds like a "see ya next year!".

#70 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,723 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

Well folks that's it for this year they are heading to the islands.
Cya next year.

#71 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

UI 2.0 tommorow? ;)
*begins armpit smelling*

#72 Screech

• Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

And Lucy pulls the football away again...

#73 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

hahahaha oh man at this rate everyone hates the devs, this game is not going to survive the winter and if it doesn't...heck I'm ok with a new team working on a reboot, heck I wouldn't mind them keeping the servers open till they make a retail version of what we were all originally hopeful for. Now that would be christmas.

#74 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostPyrrho, on 09 December 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

A positive note: people are still excited when they see stuff on the forums from the Developers. All hope is not lost.

um i think its more we have a collective case of bleu balz. Sure we all will jump at the thought of something to alleviate the frustration, but its just another tease. Another case of "oh honey i know, ill take care of it tonight" and then its headache as usual later.
If you know what i mean..

Edited by mekabuser, 09 December 2013 - 07:52 PM.

#75 ove bababoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

PGI style news! Oscar award achieved!

#76 Iacov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 668 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:53 PM

thanks for the explanation, niko!
i'm less sad now :)

#77 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

Redacted for irrelevant.

Don't want respawn. :)

Edited by Xtrekker, 10 December 2013 - 12:55 AM.

#78 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

View Postgiganova, on 09 December 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

Guess it beats saying "CW and UI2.0 are on the way!" for the 30th time?

90 Days after open beta, I mean 90 days after launch, I mean 90 days into 2014, I mean 90 days after clans... ;-)

#79 QuaxDerBruchpilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 319 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

So glad I could spend my time on hunting down this double post. But maybe this is an IQ test - how many did not recognize this has been a double post? ("YEAHHH - second pre-christmas developer update - THANK U PGI, you're doing great")

:)

View PostNiko Snow, on 09 December 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

As our Front-page news updates are tied to the Announcements sub-forum, a repost was necessary to ensure this Command Chair update appeared on the main-page. This is an issue we hope to address in future web updates, and we apologize for any inconvenience this post may have caused for those who have already read this update.

Problem will be solved soonTM after CW ... NLT around 2031 :rolleyes:

View Postaniviron, on 09 December 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

Now you are some sort of suspicious guy, are'nt you? :P

Edited by Quax1102, 10 December 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#80 Warrior UK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 142 posts
  • LocationUK South Coast (Sussex)

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:04 AM

View PostCaswallon, on 09 December 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Well here in the UK we are used to seeing the repeats go on at Christmas however one week is a bit quick even for the BBC..

This will be reported to one of our members, he works for the BBC, maybe he can do something about the repeats but dont hold your breath

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users