Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

View PostNation Uprise, on 13 December 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

So the way they implemented BattleArmor (Elementals) wasn't exactly canon and wasn't to your liking. Doesn't debunk the fact that it is the only game that ever tried to incorporate every type of armored combat from Battletech.

Did it have unlimited respawn?

#302 Stephen Grendal

• PipPip
  • Hauptmann-General
  • Hauptmann-General
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

I would like to know why there are clan's comming out and not a single bit of community warfare yet, the whole reason for any interest in this game was the community warfare................ Change direction or lose some more core players!

#303 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostHeffay, on 13 December 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

I'm sorry, but that's just wrong. A battletech sim is *exactly* what we got.

is it a sim set in the vacuum of space? i ask because its very odd how my 50 ton walking mech just kinda warps around when it comes into contact with another mech.. It must be set in space because there is no sound when a supposed "collision" takes place..
amazing.
I see, the game simulates joystick control of a mech.. I even see it every time the mech starts up.. wait... no analog Joystick control , oh well , mwo doesnt sim Joystick .

dfa!! read all about that in the books, did it 15 years ago on my mw4 pc game... Ill do that... oh .. i wont..

sim ..more like sin.

#304 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

View PostHeffay, on 13 December 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

you tell me the difference between the ***** who dies right away every match and just goes to another match to do the same thing and unlimited respawn.. ?
Ill take respawns over capwarrior anyday..
At least a respawn match provides the OPPORTUNITY for ebb and flow in a match..

As currently implemented, NR in mwo is meaningless .
pgis decision to go NR more than likely has NOTHING to do with "simness"etc.. It just funnels you into having to purchase mechs etc

#305 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostHeffay, on 13 December 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

Just because the features aren't here yet doesn't mean they won't be. Be patient. They'll get there.

Question is, will it be in time to keep those players that have been waiting the longest for this stuff to all come along. I mean, what, almost two years or there abouts into game development and UI2.0 is still *at least* a few months off and no idea when CW is actually getting here.. ..in the meantime more games are coming out, people are going off doing other things.. ..i know for a fact there will be a fair few players that drop off when star citizen comes out - so if there are no reasonable features.....

#306 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

People will come and go. Stop acting like the sky is falling.

#307 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:52 PM

With the Clan package dropped, I am glad this turned out awesome.

#308 The Enigmatist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

A rant - so don't read if you don't like rants, but I've held my tongue for long enough.......
How about you get some of the stuff implemented that would actually make the game better rather keep going to a dedicated community for more money on Clan Tech and Mechs - sure your mech designer is pretty good at his/her job, but come on - really?
I play in a medium sized unit and play regular 4 mans and 12 mans - how about you do something for us for a change?
I rarely rant about things and have be supportive of you with my pocket and my pen on forums and in game telling myself PGI will get there but what will be really telling is if you have no UI2.0, no community warefare and not many more maps or game modes by he time this next pack releases in June 2014.
I want support you, I want to enjoy this game - $500 for a gold mech phwtttt - keep it.

#309 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

View PostHeffay, on 13 December 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

MWLL had server options that dis/allowed for things like no/respawns, puretech, timelimits etc

#310 Karl Split

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

$500 for a gold mech and no details on how you are going to balance clan tech against IS tech? Take you clan mechs and shove them where the sun does'nt shine.

Where are the match lobbies, private matches, new game modes, new maps and CW?

#311 The Enigmatist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

Dear PGI
Please give the people who have supported you without being mouthy and vocal every 5 seconds about some tiny point of detail some support please. So sick of seeing he only new content as being hero mechs.
Christmas is on it's way, how about you release some of the stuff that is needed to actually improve gameplay experience such as DX11, CW, additional gammodes etc etc? I've been here since closed beta so how about we move from geologic development time frame, to glacial to GMT?
The community who's been supporting you deserves it!
I thank you from the heart of my bottom - is that the bottom of my heart - I forget.....

#312 Small Baguette

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 118 posts
  • LocationPreviously known as "Uljira"

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:05 AM

Please post another thread like this for the clan invasion titled:

END OF DAYS DESIGNER UPDATE

Thank you.

Edited by Uljira, 14 December 2013 - 05:06 AM.

#313 Zanathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:23 AM

View PostKarl Split, on 14 December 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

$500 for a gold mech and no details on how you are going to balance clan tech against IS tech? Take you clan mechs and shove them where the sun does'nt shine.

QFT

#314 giganova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 200 posts
  • Location3rd prime celestial body of the Sol star system

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

Reposting this from the Clan Collection thread as it's how the majority of members who have been here for at least a year feel:

View PostLord de Seis, on 13 December 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

Okay sure:

How about this little gem from December 9th, 2011:

http://www.pcgamer.c...e-inner-sphere/

There will be three types of world in MechWarrior Online. Core Worlds will belong to the devs. Major story events will happen on these worlds, and they can't be claimed by players. Faction Worlds can be taken, though. "Rewards for controlling these planets are directly linked to global bonuses and abilities associated with a player’s Faction," write Piranha. They've also posted a huge map of the Inner Sphere. Here it is:

This hasn't even BEGUN TO BE CODED YET!

And then there is this little interview with Bryan Erkman from October 2011:

http://www.pcgamer.c...ves-the-series/

A key part of this interview:
So the minute this game goes live, every day that passes in our world, it passes live in the Inner Sphere world. So August 1st 2012 is August 1st, 3049. And so we had a live content stream with a live, evolving universe going on as time progresses. We wanted to set it during that period of time because there's a lot of change. The Clans come down, they invade, there's the introduction of new technology. There's lots of story pieces that are happening, and lots of territory change.

Please explain to me where this "evolving universe" is exactly?

And thirdly the Offical Developer Update before the game went into OPEN BETA:

http://mwomercs.com/...eveloper-update

The one exception is the Community Warfare pillar which is a complex system but extremely important. In not wanting to delay the game, logic dictates it be added post-launch. Once fans are completely familiar with creating their 'Mech and pilot trees, the depth of Community Warfare will be added, with the core of the community experience projected to be in-game within 90 days of open beta.

The open beta commenced on October 29, 2012 and here we are now 410 days since the open beta commenced and 87 days past the game "release" I think it is again worth reiterating COMMUNITY WARFARE STILL HASN'T EVEN STARTED DEVELOPMENT.

If you need some more examples I will be happy to provide them.

#315 The Enigmatist

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

Are you guys off your heads with your over-priced Clan Stuff - get back to the core development and stop trying to put icing on a cake that's yet to even get baked! Although s one o the posters to this tread said, people will come and go, this sort of thing is really not helping you dedicated players.
Add the features you promised and please, please pull this round for the sake of those who enjoy the game.

#316 Geek Verve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCentral Indiana, USA

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostKarl Split, on 14 December 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

I can't count the number of times I've been called a "white knight" in the relatively short time I've been playing this game, but I've gotta say, this was my reaction today as well. Under the circumstances, this promotion (and the absolutely insane pricing) was incredibly ill-advised.

What troubles me most is the fact that, while I can think of several possible motivations for the timing and pricing of this promotion on PGI's part, none involve a scenario where anyone at PGI could think this was a good idea for a game that is in a healthy economic state. On the contrary, they would all be more likely indications of the beginning of the end for MWO.

I'm beginning to feel like Anakin Skywalker. That's a bad thing.

Edited by Geek Verve, 14 December 2013 - 11:17 AM.

#317 Brockobi Samsobi

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts
  • LocationNorth

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

WOW!!!...
... ...
$500 for a piece gold plated... what? I was going to play but now I'm just freaking angry. How about you get the other pieces of the game working before you try to pull this {Scrap}. I've been trying so much to keep positive because I did have high hopes for this game but this is BS.

#318 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

So why does it seem that everyone is freaking out over this when no resources are being pulled from the development of the other aspects of the game? Im certain that the department working on game assets such as the models and animation is completely separate from the crew working on Community Warfare, Maps and other aspects of the game.

#319 Geek Verve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCentral Indiana, USA

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

View PostOutlaw, on 14 December 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

So why does it seem that everyone is freaking out over this when no resources are being pulled from the development of the other aspects of the game? Im certain that the department working on game assets such as the models and animation is completely separate from the crew working on Community Warfare, Maps and other aspects of the game.

Just ask yourself this: with the community frothing at the mouth so about the repeated delays in delivering CW, why on Earth would they roll out a promotion that is all about clan tech? It really is a big slap in the face to the player base.

And charging $500 for a single mech?? The words "insane" and "bizarre" fall short in describing it. I could afford it easily enough, but there is no way in hell I would even consider buying it.

Edited by Geek Verve, 14 December 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#320 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostOutlaw, on 14 December 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

More mechs=more artists=less programmers
The resources ARE being pulled out from the development of the other aspects of the game. They even have 2 open jobs slots for artists. I really don't get how people cant fathom that. The money used to develop the mechs has to come from somewhere .

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users