End Of Year Designer Update

398 replies to this topic

#321 Galen Crayn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 443 posts
  • LocationKonstanz - Germany

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

You pay not only 500 Dollar for a wonderful golden mech, you pay it for a game mode especially for you! Every Mech, even in your own team will kill you instantly. Yes, you heared right, they will kill you first because you are such a special *****. Isnt that great? Youre allways the center of attention, because everybody laugh at you when your mechs-face hit the floor after only 2 seconds - and i repeat, that all for only 500 bucks ;)

#322 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostOutlaw, on 14 December 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

So why does it seem that everyone is freaking out over this when no resources are being pulled from the development of the other aspects of the game? Im certain that the department working on game assets such as the models and animation is completely separate from the crew working on Community Warfare, Maps and other aspects of the game.

With how ****** up the hitboxes have been, and with the lack of LOD models, and with the slow process to add the "see what weapons you're carrying", you can rest assured that developing an entirely new set of mechs pulls resources away from fixing the existing mechs.

And with how ****** up weapon balance has been, and ECM, and artemis, and ghost heat, etc. you can be sure that introducing a whole new set of clan weapons and heatsinks and engines and equipment will pull resources away from fixing existing gear.

#323 Shade4x

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostHeffay, on 11 December 2013 - 09:50 AM, said:

Ad hominem attack aside, you are claiming to speak for people who don't acknowledge you as their representative.

World view tip: Not everyone thinks like you do.

edit: I went back and bold, italicized and underlined the appropriate part. Check your assertions before continuing.

No, it still is a fact that people with the overlord and founders title paid $200 dollars to the game. It's still a fact that the majority of complaints are from them, so much so that a group was formed because of it to put pressure on PGI. The fact that there are a few people that spent a few hundred on the game and are not upset is irrelevent. I've never claimed to speak for anyone. However the amount of outrage over PGI from their PAYING customers is well documented and has several articles writen on the subject, including one by game front and another by one of the authors of battle tech. My facts are based on real world evidence, your assertions are based on you being the expection, which in that case, your out voted.

#324 Shade4x

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostChronojam, on 14 December 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

With how ****** up the hitboxes have been, and with the lack of LOD models, and with the slow process to add the "see what weapons you're carrying", you can rest assured that developing an entirely new set of mechs pulls resources away from fixing the existing mechs.

And with how ****** up weapon balance has been, and ECM, and artemis, and ghost heat, etc. you can be sure that introducing a whole new set of clan weapons and heatsinks and engines and equipment will pull resources away from fixing existing gear.

This assumes their is a devolpment team. I read some where the dev team was 40 people. If anyone knows anything about programing and how game dev actually works, 40 people can make a AAA title in 2 years, or an expansion every 6 months. We are stuck with them taking months to remove a win condition and bases for team death match. We are stuck waiting for them to make a new UI using scale form. I've seen most other games pull this type of stuff off in under a month, in some time a week or two.

I find it extreamly hard to believe that their are 40 guy's working on this. I think the number is around 4-8 active employes and PGI doesn't have full access to the source code of the game. Judging from doing professional work with 3d modeling and texturing for games, i'll bet atleast half of them are working on new mech's.

#325 Psikez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

What a joke, just a ******** joke.

#326 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

It was funny until I realized it wasn't a joke.

**** you, too!

#327 NoSkillRush

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

this just shows me that: CW is a year away (they haven't even started to work on it. Another year of death-match what a joke.

Edited by FileTitan, 14 December 2013 - 08:16 PM.

#328 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

I regret:

<- THIS

<- AND THIS

#329 RamsoPanzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

PGI, you just have no idea, let me be your leader, i will tell you how to manage a game. I can double your income in 2 months and this will be the happiest community ever. Im sending you my CV. And my first decision will be: fire you all.

#330 NoSkillRush

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostRamsoPanzer, on 14 December 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

PGI, you just have no idea, let me be your leader, i will tell you how to manage a game. I can double your income in 2 months and this will be the happiest community ever. Im sending you my CV. And my first decision will be: fire you all.

LOL

#331 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostFileTitan, on 14 December 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

LOL

I don't think he's joking, either

#332 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostRamsoPanzer, on 14 December 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

I'm sure your obvious people skills will get you that job in no time. :D
Posted Image

If you actually think you have those skills, you would be better off starting your own company and organizing your own team to create that game that we are all just waiting to be made.

We're waiting...

Edited by DirePhoenix, 15 December 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#333 RamsoPanzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 15 December 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

I'm sure your obvious people skills will get you that job in no time. ;)
Posted Image

If you actually think you have those skills, you would be better off starting your own company and organizing your own team to create that game that we are all just waiting to be made.

We're waiting...

i have no money or opportunities to do that little clever guy, otherwise i would beat PGI in every way. I bet you are just one of those with some strange interest on defending PGIs actions, otherwise you would know that skilled people dont get the best jobs. Its all about $$$$$$ , like this time..

Edited by RamsoPanzer, 15 December 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#334 shellashock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 439 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:21 AM

Deleted. Sorry wrong thread.

Edited by shellashock, 16 December 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#335 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,675 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

View Postgiganova, on 09 December 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

Guess it beats saying "CW and UI2.0 are on the way!" for the 30th time?

when we get to one hundred. just let me know, hmmm.

#336 Ahja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:51 AM

So the check is in the mail. Good to know....?

#337 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostRamsoPanzer, on 15 December 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

i have no money or opportunities to do that little clever guy, otherwise i would beat PGI in every way. I bet you are just one of those with some strange interest on defending PGIs actions, otherwise you would know that skilled people dont get the best jobs. Its all about $$$$$$ , like this time..

LoL, yes you keep on listening to your mother on just how 'special' you are. Ego much?

#338 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostMonsoon, on 16 December 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

LoL, yes you keep on listening to your mother on just how 'special' you are. Ego much?

well you don't have to have a big ego to think that you could do a better job than PGI

Edited by NamesAreStupid, 16 December 2013 - 02:28 PM.

#339 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostMonsoon, on 16 December 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

I know right? Just another arrogant kid who thinks he knows more than what is taught to earn a degree in gaming design and programming. I am proficient in a couple programming languages and let me tell everyone here, that talking out of your *** with programming does not work. period. Want to know why despite having programming knowledge I am not being a complete *** to pgi? Simple. Gaming design is hard as HELL. It ain't easy.

Oh and for those who ***** and moan about why there are only maps and mechs being released and not other content, if you stopped and thought about it from a logical standpoint, you would realize that the people who design mechs and maps are different from those who design UI, dx11 and CW. Last time I checked, Alex Iglesias had an art degree, not a programming degree.

Do I think they are taking too long on ui, cw, and dx11? yep. absolutely. However, just remember they are only 45 people. Most AAA F2P games have at LEAST 60 team members, and remember out of those 45 not all are programmers.

If you look at a game like Star Citizen, they most likely have in excess of 100 programmers and the dogfighting module STILL got delayed. Says a lot don't ya think? I mean, so many of you say you can program faster and such, if you got a degree, then go ahead and apply, they need all the help they can get. I'm being 100% legit serious. I want CW and ui 2.0. Go apply. NOW. I want my content lol.

Edited by dangerzone, 16 December 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#340 WM Jeri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

View Postdangerzone, on 16 December 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

I know right? Just another arrogant kid who thinks he knows more than what is taught to earn a degree in gaming design and programming. I am proficient in a couple programming languages and let me tell everyone here, that talking out of your *** with programming does not work. period. Want to know why despite having programming knowledge I am not being a complete *** to pgi? Simple. Gaming design is hard as HELL. It ain't easy.

Oh and for those who ***** and moan about why there are only maps and mechs being released and not other content, if you stopped and thought about it from a logical standpoint, you would realize that the people who design mechs and maps are different from those who design UI, dx11 and CW. Last time I checked, Alex Iglesias had an art degree, not a programming degree.

Do I think they are taking too long on ui, cw, and dx11? yep. absolutely. However, just remember they are only 45 people. Most AAA F2P games have at LEAST 60 team members, and remember out of those 45 not all are programmers.

If you look at a game like Star Citizen, they most likely have in excess of 100 programmers and the dogfighting module STILL got delayed. Says a lot don't ya think? I mean, so many of you say you can program faster and such, if you got a degree, then go ahead and apply, they need all the help they can get. I'm being 100% legit serious. I want CW and ui 2.0. Go apply. NOW. I want my content lol.

The players not the ones setting and communicating then missing deadlines...they are, and many players like me are simply taking them at face value. After awhile of not delivering on what they say, well I just stop believing what they have to say and I have stopped spending money. Not really an unrealistic position since what I paid towards besides the mechs and premium time I got was what they stated as THEIR design elements.

Unfortunately they have not delivered on that so I will start spending on other developers whom I have faith in until such time they give me reason to lack that faith like PGI. Thats the beauty of consumerism. They do have to earn my trust and dollars.

Edited by WM Jeri, 16 December 2013 - 04:23 PM.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users