51 replies to this topic

#1 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

With the introduction of the boring new deathmatch mode please make us able to remove a mode when using the random setting.

#2 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 17 December 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

With the introduction of the boring new deathmatch mode please make us able to remove a mode when using the random setting.

^^^ This! ^^^

Or use checkboxes. Puhleeeese!

#3 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

Checkboxes FTW (as many times suggested - will they arrive with UI 2.o ?)!

#4 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

As expected, having problems with people hiding, even though we have a win on kills. Now, when dropping in Skirmish we sometimes end up in wasting a lot of time because the last guy don't want the K/D to suffer or something. Is it really worth hiding for 7-8 minutes just because of K/D???

I don't understand why people were complaining about the option to cap in assault as it's actually keeping the match moving forward at all times.

Except for that the way different spawn points and not having to worry about base gives the matches a different feel, and I enjoy the games where we have good progress, ending up with brawls at locations we've never touched in some maps.

Edited by QuimMorius, 17 December 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#5 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostQuimMorius, on 17 December 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

As expected, having problems with people hiding, even though we have a win on kills. Now, when dropping in Skirmish we sometimes end up in wasting a lot of time because the last guy don't want the K/D to suffer or something. Is it really worth hiding for 7-8 minutes just because of K/D???

It's not about K/D. It's about not making things easy for the enemy. ;)

#6 DeadlyFred

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

Yeah, this mode is really kind of pointless/irritating when all it takes is one daft little light to go hide somewhere and ride out the timer. If they were going to put some kind of pure TDM in they should have made it with a respawn mechanic or something, not based on eliminating the enemy team. FAR too easy to troll that way.

#7 MilitantMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:57 PM

It was repeatedly said that something needed to be done to the pure deathmatch mode or it's turn into a Spider-hide-and-seek. Guess what? Nothing was done so that is what happens.

#8 DeadlyFred

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

Sad thing is, a GOOD TDM mode is what this game is really missing. (well, amongst other things... >.>)

#9 Screech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:03 PM

On the plus side it has quelled the rage from caps in assault.

#10 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Decrease the matchtime to 5 minutes and all is good - People can careless slaughter as much and fast as possible.

#11 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

As a light I find the new mode to effectively eliminate any real role for me after I scout out which hill the enemy force is camping behind so I'll be sticking with conquest until check boxes are added.

#12 Evil Ed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 527 posts
  • LocationStavanger, Norway

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 17 December 2013 - 10:21 PM, said:

As a light I find the new mode to effectively eliminate any real role for me after I scout out which hill the enemy force is camping behind so I'll be sticking with conquest until check boxes are added.

We ran a lance full of lights yesterday and did fine. As the brawl generally takes place in a very narrow spot of the map it is very easy to get behind to shoot the enemy in the back and drop artys.

#13 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:30 PM

I love the new game mode, even though I have not played it and dont plan on playing it until any sort of weight max/min limit is implemented.

But it serves one great purpose... it gets rid of all those Asault pilot tards who are too thick to concentrate on more than one objective, such as also protecting their own base, and then end up comming to the forums crying about being capped while they were chasing the last Squirrel.

#14 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

don't see the issue, 80% of assault matches are team deathmatch, and about 50% of conquest matches are team deathmatch.

#15 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

Agree that we should have the option to remove Skirmish from random drop mode.
In hope it gets rid of the players that just want run in and shoot things, and leave real players to tactics.

I have lost count of the number of times I have had to put "PLEASE remember this is a conquest game" before match starts ;)

#16 Greyboots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 396 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostAsmosis, on 18 December 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

don't see the issue, 80% of assault matches are team deathmatch, and about 50% of conquest matches are team deathmatch.

Because there's people out there who don't want to annihilate 90% of the opposing team only to lose to a strategic objective because annihilating the opposing team is the only thing they know how to do.

Make them think? That might make smoke come out of their ears and stuff ;).

Tongue in cheek aside, a death match type game was needed for those who want uncomplicated gameplay. Perhaps now they can actually go back on the ridiculously long amount of time it now takes to cap in games where it's one of the main objectives. Get some role-based warfare back into the game and break up this "I pwnz with pinpoint" meta they've slowly boxed players into.

#17 Trucker

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:12 AM

Didn't see the need for this match type, and after playing a few times my opinion hasn't changed.

I also would like the option to circumvent this match type when queuing. A simple check list (as mentioned) would do.

I hope that this type 1 dimensional play isn't the route that this game goes down. A capture and hold objective somewhere on the battlefield (that makes sense) would have been a better mode. Similar to king of the hill.

Thanks

#18 Neograf

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostMystere, on 17 December 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

^^^ This! ^^^

Or use checkboxes. Puhleeeese!

Please, with sugar on top ;)

#19 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:06 AM

you know assault and conquest are basically the same thing, one just has more bases.

If you want only fighting, take skirmish.
if you want only capping, take conquest and cross your fingers.
if you don't care, take assault or random.

#20 Trucker

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostAsmosis, on 18 December 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

you know assault and conquest are basically the same thing, one just has more bases.

If you want only fighting, take skirmish.
if you want only capping, take conquest and cross your fingers.
if you don't care, take assault or random.

I think maybe you are missing the point. Some of us like to have bases.

Assault means you always have to make contingency for lights that are base capping or that assault lance that wades through your flank to your base...even the games where you don't see anyone have some merit (although new spawn seems to have sorted this out).

Conquest involves securing different cap points an ensuring you can defend them/maintain ownership without overstretching.

Both modes give reason to the role warfare, add another dimension or tactic to gameplay and always give an alternative win condition/objective.

Skirmish is just a face smash with a time limit, which is also what some people want. All we are asking for is a means to queue for the game modes we want to play while avoiding those we don't. It benefits all.

Edited by Trucker, 18 December 2013 - 07:32 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users