Have You Been Told That A Medium Mech Is Not Welcome In The Team ?

242 replies to this topic

#101 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:10 AM

Dazzer ?
Them is jelly for your balls and style bringing a medium mech to the Assault-Meta-War, ignore ´em and play ;)

#102 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

fortunately for them nobody has of yet wanted to read what id have to type when told what they think I should and shouldn't do, perhaps they've just been fortunate lol.

#103 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

View PostMyomes, on 28 December 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

Lets see if I can put into a dialogue you'll understand.

"Look, I cut my own leg off but I still won the race!"
"That's all well and good, but you were racing against two legged grannies. Let's see how you do when you race two legged trained runners."
"I'm still just as viable as them!"
"Keep telling yourself that..."

Guess who you are in the conversation.

Well this is nonesense of course. Your provocative argument is essentially before tonnage restrictions/balancing running one of the mechs recognized as cookie cutter gives you a "build order win" as we call it in strategy games, i.e. a technical advantage based on choice rather than execution/control. This is where you're wrong, because the assault/light combo isn't always a superior choice over medium mechs. Examples? Centurion-D with LB10x, streaks and medium lasers are strictly better than any light mech in a duel. Many mediums can take down support oriented assaults, such as the battlemaster or stalker. A fast medium with an autocannon can take down an atlas. Hence your statement is plain wrong when put in the universal context.

#104 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostMyomes, on 28 December 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

He asked with the implication that some felt that way. I provided a reasonable and logical explanation why they felt that way and told him they felt that way. You go "I'm still viable in a match and just as useful! WAAH!", and then try to spin it into just saying that if youre having fun it's all that matters when you get crushed in the debate.

Wait, so is having fun not all that matter? For the love of god, man, do you hear yourself? We're talking about a video game, not real life warfare. A FRACKING VIDEO GAME. And all you can think about is guilting people, just like the that one random fellow in his match, about piloting the mech he wanted to (or had to) pilot.

It's people like you who ruin multiplayer games for everyone else.

And for the record I never once argued they were as good an assault, only that they are not nearly as useless and you and your ilk like to pretend they are because you've all decided to play the game exactly the same way as the rest of your boring, little group of try hards.

Edited by Raso, 29 December 2013 - 08:08 AM.

#105 YueFei

• 2,184 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

Myomes doesn't get it. He's like that guy in a game of street football who gets all worked up over which players are picked to play on each side. It doesn't matter, there are no stakes, this ain't the NFL, and you'd be a giant d-bag to tell some kid he can't play on your team because he isn't 6'2 and can't run a 4.6 second 40. Get over yourself, Myomes. You ain't playing in the pros, so remove that stick from your ar53 (unless that thing is the only thing propping you up and giving you some spine?).

#106 Stygian Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationohio

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

myomes is just a troll, she's getting kicks trying to tell everyone on her fake account that they suck and shes better

#107 DrnkJawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 488 posts
  • LocationIn an urbie aiming at your crotch

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostStygian Steel, on 29 December 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

myomes is just a troll, she's getting kicks trying to tell everyone on her fake account that they suck and shes better

Sounds like Shiinore

#108 Stygian Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationohio

Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

yeah check out myomes page, the profile was start a few days ago and it has been nothing but a ***** fest from her

#109 TimePeriod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 548 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationI'm out gardening, back in 10.

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

In the end after all is said and done, it comes down to two things. Tonnage and tactics.

Tonnage cannot beat tactics as tactics cannot beat tonnage. A compromise must be made as one side cannot defeat the other, thus we must mix both light, medium, heavy and assault classes to find the optimum tonnage and tactical value for the given scenario. It is simple as that.

#110 Myomes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

View Postmikelovskij, on 29 December 2013 - 03:33 AM, said:

What if u bring a team of 8 assaults and 4 mediums vs 12 assaults instead?    I bet the one with the mediums would win.

There's no question, The full 12 assault should win. If they don't win, it's because they did something wrong.

View PostRaso, on 29 December 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

Wait, so is having fun not all that matter? For the love of god, man, do you hear yourself? We're talking about a video game, not real life warfare. A FRACKING VIDEO GAME. And all you can think about is guilting people, just like the that one random fellow in his match, about piloting the mech he wanted to (or had to) pilot.

Winning is fun to most people while losing is not. Do you still play little league T-ball with the coach telling you good hustle?

#111 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostDazzer, on 27 December 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

Hello all,

Today while PUG-íng I was told at the start of the match that my Medium Mech (Hunchback 4P) was not welcome in the team. That I should play a heavy or assault or a light.

Then that my medium was in fact a liability to the team.

Has any one else had this please ? its was rather nasty.

Dumb people are dumb. Just remember that when they tell you that again.

#112 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,383 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostMyomes, on 28 December 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

Lets see if I can put into a dialogue you'll understand.

"Look, I cut my own leg off but I still won the race!"
"That's all well and good, but you were racing against two legged grannies. Let's see how you do when you race two legged trained runners."
"I'm still just as viable as them!"
"Keep telling yourself that..."

Guess who you are in the conversation.

I'm not in that ^^ conversation. :D

Solaris 1vs1 is the only way to show you how to pilot a medium vs anything you bring. ;)

Your narrow view of the game isn't warranted. Belittling others for taking mediums is FAR from the solution. Weight Matchmaking is coming. You will be praising your new Medium mech overlords.! ^_^

View PostStygian Steel, on 29 December 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

yeah check out myomes page, the profile was start a few days ago and it has been nothing but a ***** fest from her

Not a new player likely, just a new account to farm newbs.

#113 Myomes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

solaris duels rule that your medium mech is dusted by assault mech.

#114 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostMyomes, on 29 December 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

Winning is fun to most people while losing is not. Do you still play little league T-ball with the coach telling you good hustle?

Ah, so you're one of those degenerates who can't have fun unless they're winning. The journey is meaningless if you don't get to where you want to go.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You and I have COMPLETELY separate values. Nothing in common.

I think my favorite part of this one quote is how you portray having fun, win or lose, as something childish and immature, further implying (I would imagine) that only having fun when you're winning and being a **** to others is somehow a more a mature and desirable way to enjoy your leisure time. People like you truly make me sick. You suck the all of fun out of everything and have no shame in excluding those who aren't on what ever level you imagine you're on. Go crawl back under what ever rock you came from.

Edited by Raso, 29 December 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#115 Navy Sixes

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationHeading west

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

Without knowing your exact bracket, I can only speak from my own experiences.

There's this weird spot I came across a few months ago, I think of it as the "Sophomore bracket." I found a lot of players who sort of know what they're doing, but not enough to be really good at it (that's not some kind of ELO snobbery; I was in that bracket, too!). Back then, the big noise was how LRM mechs were "no skill," and "If you're going to run LRMs, why don't you go play Hawken." I think some people in that position tend to "talk big," compensating for what they lack in skill, as well as setting up a scape-goat for their impending loss.

As I type this, I imagine you ran across one of the same idiots I did. I imagine them still stuck in that Sophomore bracket, unable to achieve the skill growth that comes with recognizing what you're doing wrong instead of finding excuses for your mistakes and failures in those around you.

If this is, in fact, what's going on with you, all I can tell you is f@#k those clowns. Run the mech you want to run and get good at it. 1) you will show them how wrong they are and 2) you will start dropping with better players.

I'd love to run across that guy in my shawk. If he was on my team, my score would probably make him eat his words. If he was on the other side, there would be nothing left of him but his shoelaces.

Don't let the ******** grind you down and good hunting.

Edited by Tycho von Gagern, 29 December 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#116 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

Here is my screenshot, and no my 4g, has an lbx10 and 2 machine guns.

I love when a medium mech does enough damage to practically cover two lances damage.

Posted Image

#117 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

Mediums in current metagame are a funny thing. They are definitely disadvataged against assaults/heavies, that is true. On the other hand I much more often see a medium with 500+ dmg than an assault/heavy. I don't know whether the medium gameplay attracts a specific yet achieving players or many inexperienced players play heavier chassis that they can't handle against more agile oponents, but the result is I'd much rather take the medium over anything heavier. I'm not trashing assaults but when in a third game in a row you see the top damage guy plays hunchie/sdh/gryffin and the heavies only managed to die with 150 dmg it makes you think.

And the guys telling you to take assaults? They are smart, actually. Too many people can't play heavier mechs and are easy target for others. Chances are you will meet these guys again sooner or later as enemies, and they will love an easy kill when that time comes. Yes, they are still ******, but it does make sence from a certain point of view.

#118 Myomes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostRaso, on 29 December 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

Ah, so you're one of those degenerates who can't have fun unless they're winning. The journey is meaningless if you don't get to where you want to go.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You and I have COMPLETELY separate values. Nothing in common.

I think my favorite part of this one quote is how you portray having fun, win or lose, as something childish and immature, further implying (I would imagine) that only having fun when you're winning and being a **** to others is somehow a more a mature and desirable way to enjoy your leisure time. People like you truly make me sick. You suck the all of fun out of everything and have no shame in excluding those who aren't on what ever level you imagine you're on. Go crawl back under what ever rock you came from.

You need to calm down, friend. It's okay not to be a winner in life. You have to have predator and prey, or winner and loser, one must feed on the other and there is no such thing as a perpetual motion machine. Your loss is others' gain. And the people that shake and move things are the ones who compound gains on gains.

That's just how life goes. No need to get hostile over it.

I love how you throw around words like degenerate the moment your value system doesn't align with others. Talk about calling the kettle black when you whine that you think someone else is trying to impose their values on you.

If you feel blunt honesty is being a {Richard Cameron}, it'll be difficult for you to hold a job.

Edited by Myomes, 30 December 2013 - 01:07 AM.

#119 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostMyomes, on 29 December 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

solaris duels rule that your medium mech is dusted by assault mech.

By your account, the "Rules" state that a light Mech must loose to an Assault... good luck with that, as anyone good enough to be competitive in a Light Mech will wipe the floor with most Assault pilots who dont have a backup to scrape that light off their backside.

#120 Myomes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 30 December 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Here is my screenshot, and no my 4g, has an lbx10 and 2 machine guns.

I love when a medium mech does enough damage to practically cover two lances damage.

Posted Image

View PostMordin Ashe, on 30 December 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

Mediums in current metagame are a funny thing. They are definitely disadvataged against assaults/heavies, that is true. On the other hand I much more often see a medium with 500+ dmg than an assault/heavy. I don't know whether the medium gameplay attracts a specific yet achieving players or many inexperienced players play heavier chassis that they can't handle against more agile oponents, but the result is I'd much rather take the medium over anything heavier. I'm not trashing assaults but when in a third game in a row you see the top damage guy plays hunchie/sdh/gryffin and the heavies only managed to die with 150 dmg it makes you think.

And the guys telling you to take assaults? They are smart, actually. Too many people can't play heavier mechs and are easy target for others. Chances are you will meet these guys again sooner or later as enemies, and they will love an easy kill when that time comes. Yes, they are still ******, but it does make sence from a certain point of view.

There's a number of reasons.

1. Assault mechs are easy to get away from, so i you pop around a corner, chances are you can run away and try to get some flank action. This means the assault person gets less damage off, even if they end up with all the kills because you and your team got chewed up fighting the rest of his team.

2. Damage done is very technically handled. If you take a mech out of the match by coring it's XL engine, you did significant damage but your actual rated damage in terms of armor/internals destroyed will be very low. Those mediums splashing all over other players' armor with LBX and SRM will do as much or perhaps more damage, because they're dealing less effective damage. I'll take a fast coring atlas over an LBX spamming medium any day. The faster the enemy dies, the less they shoot at you.

3. Like number 2, LBX and other shot comes in handy for those mediums vulturing kills. Once the enemy is weakened, those LBX and SRMs wreck internals. Each destroyed heat sink, gun, ammo, is numerically superior in damage done to simply finishing them off quickly. The longer you take to down someone, the more damage you have to do.

4. PuGs in general have an issue of poor formation control, apart from the generic blob, and thus it can be easy to get around to a flank or exposed rear armor and get some good shots off. This says less about assault mechs and more about poor teamwork or bad piloting. Those things can multiply or divide a medium mech's effectiveness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users