#1 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Posted Image

On ancient Terra long before man conquered space, the men of the seafaring germanic tribes left their homes and went to the sea. The young embarked on their longships and left their cold, unforgiving homes. Some became traders, others pirates or conquerors. For three centuries those fearsome warriors ruled the sea.
To this day we know them by the one word they used to describe their way of life, viking – a long journey at sea.

The word has reached Solaris VII, of men and women who hold high the ways of their ancestors. Who praise their gods and seek battle for wealth and for glory. Those sons and daughters of Rasalhague met to celebrate Yule and to battle in honor of the old ways. Some found the glory of victory, others the glory of death.
Now they have another chance to prove themselves.

We of the Blue Vengeance invite you men and women of the Free Rasalhague Republic, to embark on a journey across the black sea we call space. Gather on Solaris VII to celebrate your strength and courage. And to give the gameworld a show unlike anyone that came before us.

Rules:
In this Tournament we will engage in lance to lance combat. Each lance will consist of 4 Mechs with a combined weight between 180 and 235 tons. The goal is to destroy the opposing mechs.
Up to 24 lances can compete in the tournament.

We will start in 12v12 synchdrops and we will conduct one, if possible two matches each drop.

Each team will bring 4 BattleMechs with a weight between 180 and 235 tons total.

Builds with a pinpoint damage of 30 or larger and LRM boats with volleys of over 40 are prohibited, those are the ways of the Davions!

Clarification: With pinpoint damage weapons we mean weapons that inflict all their damage in an instant at the exact point they hit. Those are PPCs, Gauss´s and all Autocannons except the LB 10 X. For example, if you run a HBK-4SP with 4 MLas and 2 SRM6 you make 44 points of damage. But that damage distributes over an area, so that is okay. On the other hand, if you run a HGN-733C with 2 PPCs and 2 AC5 you only make 30 Points of damage. But that damage is inflicted completely to a single point, so that is prohibited.

Teams are free to use alls modules or consumables as they please.

Players who do not participate in an ongoing match will shut down and stay so until the match is over. Whoever fires a shot at any player outside one of the matches is disqualified imediately.

Players who don´t participate in any match in a particular drop may destroy themselves by overheating or leaving the map in order to spectate.

In between drops players are to rebuy consumables and ready up as fast as possible, so we can keep the time in between matches as short as possible.

Registered teams are obliged to participate. If you don´t show up, you are disqualified.

All participating Teams are to remain with the Drops until the end of each round.

If one or two players don´t show up, teams are allowed to replace them from their friendlist. However, for organisational reasons we can not offer reserve players on our teamspeak.

There will be no spectators on our teamspeak, but we will stream every match in the finals and as many from the qualifications as possible.

Dates:
We will battle on 3 successive weekends in February 2014.
In qualification there will be up to 4 tiers with 6 Teams each, that makes at least 5 (!) matches per team, if we get our rooster full. The different tiers will be assorted after timezones so as much people as possible can participate.
We are currently working on the time scedule for each day of the tournament to find a sollution that fits people from different continents.

Qualification:

January 31st 2014 - 20:00 (8pm) CET - 11:00 (11am) PST

February 1st 2014 - 20:00 (8pm) CET - 11:00 (11am) PST

Quarterfinals:
February 8th 2014
- 20:00 (8pm) CET - 11:00 (11am) PST

Semifinals & Grand Finale:
February 15th 2014
- 20:00 (8pm) CET - 11:00 (11am) PST

All clans and / or 4 player teams who fly the colors of the Free Rasalhague Republic are invited to participate.
Registration is open!
You´ll find it on our Homepage at the right side unter latest events.
http://www.blue-vengeance.de
Edit: Each lance that enters needs a seperate sign up. Those sign ups go directly on the bracket as they are.

Attention:
For organisational reasons we switched to another bracket system. The results & livebracket will now be hosted on binarybeast.com, since it has more capabilities. Teams that allready have enlisted will NOT need to do so again, I already transfered your registration to the new service.

Edited by Klappspaten, 03 January 2014 - 10:19 AM.

#2 Malzel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 268 posts
  • LocationTennessee, USA

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

Sounds awesome. Count on us being there.

#3 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:55 PM

AS I have stated before we are going through restructuring in SOR, but I have been able to talk to 3 people who are interested in trying out, I am looking for our 4th, if she'll get online.

#4 Mellowseven

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

What exactly do you mean by point damage?

#5 Surtr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDropship Naglfar, Clan Front

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

I think he means pin point. It will help keep the powergamers at bay and even the playing field a bit for those who like to play nonmeta builds

#6 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostMellowseven, on 27 December 2013 - 06:09 PM, said:

What exactly do you mean by point damage?

This means weapons which do all their damage in an instant at a single point. By name, ACs and PPCs.
That rule is basically made to keep poptarts, 2AC 20 Jagers and stuff like that out of the tournament. There was something else in the yule tournament but vague, we just formulated it into a rule. We´re germans after all.
I changed it to pinpoint.

Edited by Klappspaten, 27 December 2013 - 10:34 PM.

#7 Grim DeGrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

For the sake of clarity, pinpoint (?):

- 9xML on a Hunchback is 45 damage, is that considered prohibited?

- 5xML + 2xSRM6 on a Hunchback is 49 damage, is that considered prohibited?

- Or do you simply mean that the alpha of non lrm weapons cannot be higher than 30?

Edited by Grim DeGrim, 28 December 2013 - 09:40 AM.

#8 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

Any weapon which does its damage on one single point in an instance is regarded pinpoint, that means basically PPCs, ACs and Gauss´s.
The intent is the same as when Mech the Dane asked us to "dont meta up" in the Yule Tournament. But since we are trying to get sponsors to support us right from the first day we needed to make a proper rule out of this.

For instance: The classic poptart, Highlander with 2 PPC and 2 AC5 does 30 points of damage on a single spot in an instance. We dont want that kind of meta builds in the Tournament so we decided on this rule.
9 MLasers on a Hunch make way more damage, but when he shoots at me I can turn and distribute the damage inflictet.

We thought about the rule quite a bit and reckon that its the best way to keep the matches interesting for the players and the spectators.
I´ll take some time to clarify the rule later today.

Edited by Klappspaten, 28 December 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#9 Grim DeGrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:49 AM

Excellent, I knew that's where you were going... Just trying to be sure that everyone reading understand it the same way.

Thank you Klappspaten!

#10 martino2k6

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 96 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:20 AM

The FRR TeamSpeak is at your disposal guys if you wish to use it. Just get in contact with me and I can appoint a channel admin for it as appropriate.

#11 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

View Postmartino2k6, on 28 December 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

The FRR TeamSpeak is at your disposal guys if you wish to use it. Just get in contact with me and I can appoint a channel admin for it as appropriate.

I apreciate the offer but we have our own ESL certified TS3 server on which we allready hosted the Yule Tournament.
But you can be sure to see us on the FRR Hub once in a while.

#12 martino2k6

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 96 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 28 December 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

I apreciate the offer but we have our own ESL certified TS3 server on which we allready hosted the Yule Tournament.
But you can be sure to see us on the FRR Hub once in a while.

Yes, you guys hosted it after the original solution failed. What I'm trying to point at is that the FRR did not have a common hub at the time where such events could take place, but now we do. Considerable amount of effort has been put into shaping the place and promoting it with the help of various FRR members, and any event common to the FRR held in this place would only help further the cause and help the FRR as a faction within MWO. As the event organisers it's up to you guys, but as someone trying to make this place a success I'd like you guys to have a second think about it.

#13 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

View Postmartino2k6, on 28 December 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

Yes, you guys hosted it after the original solution failed. What I'm trying to point at is that the FRR did not have a common hub at the time where such events could take place, but now we do. Considerable amount of effort has been put into shaping the place and promoting it with the help of various FRR members, and any event common to the FRR held in this place would only help further the cause and help the FRR as a faction within MWO. As the event organisers it's up to you guys, but as someone trying to make this place a success I'd like you guys to have a second think about it.

I understand your point, but we are bound to our server. You got a PM on that.

#14 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

Considering the stock variant for the Hunchback-4P is 8 Meds, 1 Small I would hope it would be considered eligible.

Edit: Also, aside from a monetary contract, I hesitate to see what "binds" you to using your private TS server. FRR Hub or even NGNG or Comstar should be more than adequate.

Edited by Damon Howe, 28 December 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#15 Grim DeGrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

View Postmartino2k6, on 28 December 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

Hello Martino.

I think FRR hub will pick up. I just added it this week and have been logging in to both yours and ours. Why both? Well, it is tough to get a transition from old to new with everyone. However, at worst, there is a representative from Isengrim there for other units to make contact with.

I've been following RDR - they frequently have folks logged in.

As for Blue Vengeance - their event, their comms... Understandable. Plus they have full control to kick, ban, provide global chat, etc. I'm sure you'd grant this stuff if they asked, but why go through the hassale when they already have it.

GRIM

PS - is there a way to have the Isengrim logo added to our chanel and group?

Edited by Grim DeGrim, 28 December 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#16 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostDamon Howe, on 28 December 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

Considering the stock variant for the Hunchback-4P is 8 Meds, 1 Small I would hope it would be considered eligible.

Of course it is eligible. The rule is unique to a few certain build of which, at least I, saw not a single one at the Yule Tournament. You are even a bit more free in which mechs you choose to compete with since youe not bound to one mech per weightclass.

View PostDamon Howe, on 28 December 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

Edit: Also, aside from a monetary contract, I hesitate to see what "binds" you to using your private TS server. FRR Hub or even NGNG or Comstar should be more than adequate.

Our TS3 server has allready hosted substantially larger events like this and is certainly capable of doing so with the possible minimum of delay. It is a reliable and good server which we PAY for in order to host events like that.
We talked about switching to the FRR Hub and decided to stick to our own server, mainly for those reasons.

However we are aware of the FRR Hub and will definitely show presence on it in the future.

#17 martino2k6

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 96 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

View PostGrim DeGrim, on 28 December 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

Hello Martino.

I think FRR hub will pick up. I just added it this week and have been logging in to both yours and ours. Why both? Well, it is tough to get a transition from old to new with everyone. However, at worst, there is a representative from Isengrim there for other units to make contact with.

I've been following RDR - they frequently have folks logged in.

As for Blue Vengeance - their event, their comms... Understandable. Plus they have full control to kick, ban, provide global chat, etc. I'm sure you'd grant this stuff if they asked, but why go through the hassale when they already have it.

GRIM

PS - is there a way to have the Isengrim logo added to our chanel and group?

Giving those permissions to someone is one click of a button. Anyway, BV's position on the server for the tournament has been made clear.

Rest is being taken offline by PM as it doesn't concern the particular topic of this thread.

#18 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

I have signed up a Skjaldborg team (Shieldwall of Rasalhague) Currently we have a few lances forming up of active people when you are ready for the numbers, please tell me and I'll make sure you get a good list of lances, pilots and reserves

#19 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

View Postfluffypinkbunny, on 29 December 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

I have signed up a Skjaldborg team (Shieldwall of Rasalhague) Currently we have a few lances forming up of active people when you are ready for the numbers, please tell me and I'll make sure you get a good list of lances, pilots and reserves

Glad to have you on board.

We will need a seperate signup for each Lance you bring into the tournament though.

#20 fluffypinkbunny

Best Fluffy Bunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 583 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

oh, I thought you wanted teams to sign up, not lances.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users