Golden Mechs...make Me Feel Better About This....

183 replies to this topic

#21 HeavyRain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:52 PM

The question is...why spend $250 on a Golden Mech and not on buying MC?
That's a SCRAPLOAD of MC which can get you tons of in-game stuff, hell you can probably elite all your clan mechs without even grinding.
There is that little thing of course, nobody else is going to know you spent 250 dollars if you just buy MC with it.
A golden mech on the other hand...

#22 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostHeavyRain, on 29 December 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

The question is...why spend $250 on a Golden Mech and not on buying MC?
That's a SCRAPLOAD of MC which can get you tons of in-game stuff, hell you can probably elite all your clan mechs without even grinding.
There is that little thing of course, nobody else is going to know you spent 250 dollars if you just buy MC with it.
A golden mech on the other hand...

500$*

#23 HeavyRain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 29 December 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

500$*

I didn't write 500$ because the next nanosecond some wiseguy would reply that 500$ includes the Masakari package.
If we want to be precise, the golden mechs cost $260 on top of the Masakari package.

#24 Thell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

I can't stand teamkillers unless the person being teamkilled is being a douche, I have been known to kill the teamkillers.

#25 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostHeavyRain, on 29 December 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

I didn't write 500$ because the next nanosecond some wiseguy would reply that 500$ includes the Masakari package.
If we want to be precise, the golden mechs cost $260 on top of the Masakari package.

True, but i would say the amount of money taken from your wallet is 500$ ^_^

#26 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostDozyBugger, on 29 December 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

I just don't get this mentality "Dur youse got golden meeeecccchhh! Youse toooo ritch me shooties you!"

Where as I see it as feature X has been implementated in the game thank you golden mech Pilot you Helped fund that in a big way ^_^

In short join Greenpeace and save the whales ;)

Hey, people are STILL bitching about base caps in assault, even though we now have a pure deathmatch mode. that little fact alone shows just how absolutely stupid the fan base can be. The people vowing to teamkill gold mechs for spending $500 on said gold mech are just one more example of fan dumb at it's worst. These same people have no right to dictate what other players should spend or not spend their money on, and I for one will be sure to report those players for the usual teamkilling, after I assist whoever is getting teamkilled.

edit: forums allow bitching, but not the singular???

Edited by Vanguard319, 29 December 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#27 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

I've dealt with TKing people before, they are nothing more than idiotic jackasses who want to ruin this game for their own amusement. But a person who would TK you for buying a Golden Mech would do it to show you how foolish you are for buying something that is overly priced. I would never touch a Golden Mech with a 9 in a half foot pole, besides if you want to get it, then go get it. Regardless, people are going plop down more money for those shinnies and team killing is not going to benefit you anyway. Who ever thinks that TKing people with Gold Mechs will make everything better is a stupid idiotic jackass.

#28 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

If you want my opinion on the gold mechs. I would like them in silver because well gold is overated.

#29 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostWhatzituyah, on 29 December 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

If you want my opinion on the gold mechs. I would like them in silver because well gold is overated.

I want them with the camo they used to have in the concept arts..

#30 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostWhatzituyah, on 29 December 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

I actually won't buy the gold mechs simply because I want the PGI $1000 Platinum skins for my "slightly better clan mechs"

AMEX Black cards are so handy.

Edited by Dar1ng One, 29 December 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#31 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostSabre Howell, on 29 December 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Sorry if that seems to ramble at all, i guess im just trying to say i feel when ever someone spends money on these packs, or camo schemes, or "golden mechs", i dont see it as PGI being greedy, i see it as PGI offering the MWO community a way to have something special and help keep this game moving forward.

Your point of view is altruistic to the point of being naive. You do not have anything special because it is virtual. It would be one thing if you actually got a physical representation of the thing, but funding the game so others can enjoy the game too. Pshaw!

I could care less if anybody purchases the gold versions or the full mech packs - the money you spend is the same as anybody spends on some hobbies - the difference here is that it could go POOF someday. Collectors are funny people and only they place real value on the things they love.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 30 December 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#32 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

Ya just report team killers. Team killers of any kind need banned. As for the other side its like painting your mech in bright colors. It makes it stand out so its more of a target. If your a good enough pilot it will not matter that much though. If you want to fly under the radar run the stock color.

#33 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

Its really sad that people are stooping so low as to deliberately TK someone with a Gold Mech. Who Cares? I mean seriously if they drop $500 then let them. Its up to the player/pilot on whether or not Gold mechs should be concerned with or laughed at with how how they pilot

#34 Darth Buddha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

I still think it's priced to high,,, but with the included clan mech packs,,, I am not outraged/shocked anymore...

If they lowered it to $100 they would sell even more...

#35 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostPane1981, on 29 December 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

If anyone spends that kind of money on a Mech, I'm going to target them. Just for being dumb and giving the developers that kind of money for nothing.

Hopefully all their money bought them allot of time off to practice and they take you out first.

#36 Pane1981

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostDegalus, on 29 December 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

Oh i love to kill teamkillers. My team have nice focusfire for them.

I must've misread the original post. I didn't mean target team members. I meant the enemy on the battlefield. I wouldn't kill other team members, but a Golden enemy mech would be a great target

#37 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

The obscenely rich don't play MechWarrior.

Posted Image

Direct your jealousy and hatred at them, not the schmucks who are paying $500 towards the developers being able to keep developing.

#38 Amro One

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

If I buy a golden Mech, will that make this thread relevant????

Last I checked, those buying Gold mechs have been playing Mechwarrior since Mechwarrior 1.

#39 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

I bought a gold mech and this is my first Mechwarrior game (well, technically I played MechAssault on the original Xbox, but but that was a looong time ago).

#40 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

Better yet, rather than team kill a Gold Mech, do not engage the Gold Mechs at all. Not one laser shot, ballistic round or missile.

Frankly, teamkilling a Gold Mech is just, well, just a waste of ammunition/energy. Direct your ire at thine enemies instead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users