Golden Mechs...make Me Feel Better About This....

183 replies to this topic

#41 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostFoxx, on 29 December 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

You might as well go light someone's Ferrari on fire just because you disagree with the manufacturer.

Sorry for picking up this one in particular, but all these 3rd rate analogies and fake psychology attempts (i.e. "you're jealous, that's all") are just so ridiculous.. guys, please stop it!
Ever considered that you might be wrong with your knee-jerk interpretation of others' statements and actions?
Don't call others stupid and then act stupid yourself.

As far as I'm concerned I've spent exactly the amount of one elite founders package on this title, since I really love the franchise and wanted to support the development. But that's it. No additional cent, until the results are more than just promising, well, actually satisfying.
And the reason I don't buy into those (imho) overprized overlord, clan or whatever packs and/or shop items is simply that I won't support a (imho) ridiculous, shortsighted and impudent monetization scheme.
Because that's what all the loyal fans and players do with every well-intentioned purchases: make PGI believe they're going the right way.
I'm not going to return and suport/pay them until they get their act together.

I feel saddened by the number of people who blindly throw money at them, as I think it doesn't actually increase the chances of success.
But it is not up to me to judge them.

#42 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts
  • LocationVirginia, america

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

I`m sorry, but some of us who go and buy the golden mechs, don't blindly throw money at them. I like the way the game is going, I`ve watched it grow from day one of closed beta, and I like it. I want it to continue down the same path and quite frankly, I don think it`s failing like so many say.

On other notes, I shall be proudly piloting a golden mech, of which I don know which one I`ll be getting yet, but I will surely get one. I`m already in green and yellow and stand out like a sore thumb, so it makes no difference to me. As for teamkillers, I`m not buying that gold mech just because I want a gold mech, but because I have the skill to pilot it as well. So those that try to TK me will end up scrap metal at the hands of my UAC20 and 6 Medium lasers. I hold a very dark place for TKer`s and will treat them like the scum they are.

As for justification of buying the gold mech, that is up to you, not us to make you feel better about it.

#43 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostSilence Jin Mang, on 01 January 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

So those that try to TK me will end up scrap metal at the hands of my UAC20 and 6 Medium lasers.

Sounds as if you decided which mech to get without realizing it, quiaff? :D

#44 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:11 PM

It depends on if I can actually fit it that way, otherwise I might go Dire Wolf or Warhawk.

#45 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

Dire Wolf. Dire Wolf. Dire Wolf.

#46 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

Why $500? Why not $100 which is still about 3x the price of a non-gold Clan mech?

#47 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

Because 500$`s is worth a golden mech to me.

#48 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

Right now I'm just sitting on my Warhawk package. If PGI come through with the goods this February as they have said they will, I'll ask them to cancel my package so that I can upgrade to a gold Timber Wolf. Why? Because if they can finally keep to their word, I'm happy to support this game and because I'm happy they're now throwing the the full package with the Golden 'Mechs. $500 for the one 'Mech was a touch too much for myself personally.

To anyone who would like to try your luck TKing, I'm sure the Clan community you'll be amongst will put you down just as quickly. The Clan side of the communal fence is not as forgiving as the IS side in case you're yet to notice. I would personally put down anyone who intentionally opened up on a friendly Gold 'Mech, I would hope anyone else who considers themself a true Clanner would do the same.

"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Edited by KelesK, 01 January 2014 - 11:19 PM.

#49 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

Change the color.

Raise hell if you can't change color on said gold mech.

Run recording software and send it to PGI. Then when they fail to do something call them out on it. Then again you might get into trouble if you do that. People hate it when you call them out for being hypocrites on the rules they created.

Don't play it for a while. If I had one I wouldn't. I remember back in closed beta a few people saying they were going to kill Founders because they bought their way into closed beta. I never saw it happen.

Shoot people that are trying to TK.

Just don't play the game at all for the first 1-2 weeks the clans come out. Maybe by then all the angry four year olds will

And why is everyone so mad at people having gold mechs? If people were really mad about $$$ mechs they'd have complained about founders, about Phoenix, about Saber, about Sarah's Jenner, about Boars Head, about the Firebrand etc. Ah never mind. People are angry and they're going to lash out one way or another even if means screwing over that don't care one way or another.

#50 Darth Buddha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:26 AM

All this talk of TK ers and how many golden mechs have been Team Killed so far????

Also I do think that the general Uproar and Forbes article is what made PGI include the top clan pack and add the a la crate options...

So some times the spontaneous and general outrage of the community is needed as well as warranted..
I was even insulted by someone who had PGI all in his friends list... Trying to be a fan boy...
that pissed me off so much... Can't people have a conversation with out being rude to other people.

#51 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:03 AM

View PostDarth Buddha, on 02 January 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

All this talk of TK ers and how many golden mechs have been Team Killed so far????

Maybe because they are not in the game yet? ;)

#52 Pane1981

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:13 AM

To clarify my previous post, i didnt mean that I was going target "team" members just that a Gold mech would be a good enemy target. I dont agree with the developer charging that much when the game has hardly any content.
I like this game and will buy one of the Clan packs, but to start charging a lot of money for a game that still feels like its in beta doesnt make sense to me. But thats my opinion and im sure everyone has theirs.
Either way, ill keep playing. I just hope they release new content.

#53 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostDarth Buddha, on 02 January 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

This post is at least six months too early, but good try none-the-less.

#54 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostKelesK, on 01 January 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

I would hope anyone else who considers themself a true Clanner would do the same.

A true "Clanner" calls himself a Clansman

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 05 January 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#55 E_Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSPAAAAAACE!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostPane1981, on 29 December 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

If anyone spends that kind of money on a Mech, I'm going to target them. Just for being dumb and giving the developers that kind of money for nothing.

So, you are saying that because someone can afford something you can't, they are automatically dumb and deserve to be shot for owning it?

Seems like a pretty infantile way of getting back at someone for some imagined slight.

#56 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:40 PM

Seems like a very mercenary thing to do.

They should incorporate a salvage mechanism into the game. Go full bore. Kill the meat, save the mech, and you get golden booty shorts for your Atlas.

#57 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

Put this simply: I will remove a leg and both arms from anyone who TKs someone (or tries to TK them).

#58 Myc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 101 posts
  • LocationPoDunk, IL

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

People are not mad at others for having money to buy expensive things. Get this part straight. People are mad that this money model is being approved of. If this game needs that kind of funding, it will not last long. It is fairly obvious that the MC purchasable parts of each patch has been the meat and potatoes for quite some time now. Early on, we got bugfixes and maps and balance tweaks. Now we get new heroes, champions, cockpit items, and paint in larger supply than anything, as well as more and more jumbo package deals that felt so unique when we were first offered the founders packages. I didn't by the Phoenix package because I knew there would be a clan package right around the corner. I may still buy the clan package. If I do I will almost certainly go the full $240. I will only do this if I see a major surge in meaningful developement. I feel that if I throw $240 at them right now, I am giving them the impression that I am a satisfied customer. I am not. I, like many, can still see potential, but it is getting difficult to see PGI or IGP reach that potential before too many people get fed up and leave and we can't even fill a 12 man in less than 5 minutes.

Edited by Myc, 05 January 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#59 Strajen Marez

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNortheast Alabama

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostDar1ng One, on 29 December 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

I actually won't buy the gold mechs simply because I want the PGI $1000 Platinum skins for my "slightly better clan mechs"

AMEX Black cards are so handy.

Platinum MADCAT MK II!!! >;)

#60 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

View PostMyc, on 05 January 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

People are not mad at others for having money to buy expensive things. Get this part straight. People are mad that this money model is being approved of. If this game needs that kind of funding, it will not last long. It is fairly obvious that the MC purchasable parts of each patch has been the meat and potatoes for quite some time now. Early on, we got bugfixes and maps and balance tweaks. Now we get new heroes, champions, cockpit items, and paint in larger supply than anything, as well as more and more jumbo package deals that felt so unique when we were first offered the founders packages. I didn't by the Phoenix package because I knew there would be a clan package right around the corner. I may still buy the clan package. If I do I will almost certainly go the full $240. I will only do this if I see a major surge in meaningful developement. I feel that if I throw $240 at them right now, I am giving them the impression that I am a satisfied customer. I am not. I, like many, can still see potential, but it is getting difficult to see PGI or IGP reach that potential before too many people get fed up and leave and we can't even fill a 12 man in less than 5 minutes.

That is still not a valid excuse to teamkill Golden mechs. It is an indefensible statement that they somehow deserve it for buying the $500 gold plated kick me sign.

Me? I plan to walk my warhawk NEXT to a golden mech. Sure, I might be able to falcon punch their cockpit through their exhaust manifolds in a single salvo, but they will be too incensed with rage at the gold mech standing next to me to give a surat's *** about me!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users