Golden Mechs...make Me Feel Better About This....

183 replies to this topic

#81 Mista Whizzard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostTyberion, on 08 January 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

So successful that $500 is an outrageous amount money reserved for royalty and celebrities.

yea righto bud.... I never said that, but I'm not gonna have a ******* contest with ya, suffice to say my money is going elsewhere at the moment.

Have a nice day ;)

View PostElaxter, on 08 January 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

Why buying a golden mech is not a big waste of money like you goons make it out to be:

One. Includes ALL the Clan Mechs, plus 2 variants, plus 1 prime variant, and the gold mech of your choosing.
Two. 90 days prem time.
Three. Other neat stuff including: 8 badges/titles, warhorns, signed digital art, etc etc.

Really guys? If that isn'tt worth 500 to someone, then I don't know what is.

Except this wasn't the deal they tried to push at first, and even still, $260 is alot to pay for a golden mech... hell, I bought a constellation for that! Fancy that! :D

Edited by Mista Whizzard, 08 January 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#82 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

View PostMista Whizzard, on 08 January 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

First, I'm not suggesting I agree with the concept BUT.... the idea of TK'ing the golden mechs is to punish those who have condoned and participated in what is considered by many a pretty blatant cash grab by the devs and pubs at this point.

This sets the precedent that it is okay for the devs and pubs to provide easy to create, worthless content at outrageous prices, instead of providing that which was promised and not yet delivered for a reasonable price that many were prepared to pay for.

After all, the IP is still only secure for the short term, so why not swap long-term sustainability for short term profit eh?

Think about it boys.

Whiz.

This is such a load of BS. What you describe is nothing more than vigilante thug behavior. A few bullies are irrationally enraged about a freaking video game, and they are so insecure that their opinion might not actually be the "majority voice" they and others like them purport it to be, so they lash out at anything and everything they find threatening.

This, in a word, is childish. These people are pathetically sad individuals. I simply cannot imagine how screwed up their life perspective must be to even conceive this kind of behavior, let alone rationalize it.

Edited by NRP, 08 January 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#83 Shaunbomb

Rookie

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

From what i've read most of the people in this thread are completely missing the point of hating on the goldmechs and they are assuming that people would teamkill (or threaten to teamkill) goldmechs out of some kind of childish jealousy.

for the record people hate goldmechs because they promote a form of revenue generation that does not provide the game developers with any reason to make the game any better than it already is or to add anything to the game that will increase the player base. Someone posted on here that based on forum numbers they believed the player base of MWO was around 25k and thats why MWO needs to charge huge sums of money in order to keep supporting the game. This is backwards logic. The reason the game has a player base of 25k is because IGP has taken all of your money even through the PAID BETA, which lasted more than a year, and litterally DONE NOTHING! This game is the exact same as the beta version with a few more mechs and a few more maps. I've even heard people argue that the beta was better because it didnt have crazy *** tweaks like ghost heat which most people hate.

This game has no features! It's just 12v12 mech battles with a very small number of mechs to choose from relatively speaking with hardly any maps almost no form of progression for the players unless you count collecting variants as "progression". There are almost no modes in the game and the modes that do exist have almost no meaningful differences. There are almost 0 features dedicated to player organization like voip or clan creation. Even as far as paid cosmetic items go the variety is ****! THATS PATHETIC!!! They are so lazy that instead of spending time making cool camo patterns they make 5 or 6 of them and then charge you multiple dollars just to unlock a shade of green???!!! Even as far as paid cosmetics go in the world of F2P this game is lazy as hell.

So before I stray even farther from the topic i was originally on, the reason goldmechs suck *** is because the developers can make tons of money off of them without doing any real work and this is a horrible habit to encourage. If the developers want to make more money they should have to make the game better and more appealing to more people. They should have to add more features to the meta game to keep us coming back. Everytime you make a huge purchase on the store for a stupid limited item like the gold mechs you arent supporting other players, you are just raising the threshhold for what IGP thinks is acceptable to charge for paid items making them unaffordable to the majority of players. You honestly think that IGP is gonna take the money from the gold mechs and say to themselves "you know, we really appreciate the support of our loyal fans. Lets take all this money we just earned and reinvest it into the game so that they can have the best possible player experience." HELL NO THEY AREN'T. They are gonna take the money and run and leave you with your precious precious 12v12 mech battles AND NOTHING ELSE! Bare minimum is what game companies put out these days unless you make them work and paying $500.00 for a gold skin isn't making them work.

There's my 2 cents, I didn't mean any offense to anyone who's planning on buying a gold mech and I won't be teamkilling them. I just thought people needed a more realistic view of why the gold mechs **** people off.

#84 Mista Whizzard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostNRP, on 08 January 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

This is such a load of BS. What you describe is nothing more than vigilante thug behavior. A few bullies are irrationally enraged about a freaking video game, and they are so insecure that their opinion might not actually be the "majority voice" they and others like them purport it to be, so they lash out at anything and everything they find threatening.

This, in a word, is childish. These people are pathetically sad individuals. I simply cannot imagine how screwed up their life perspective must be to even conceive this kind of behavior, let alone rationalize it.

Well, once again, I didn't say I agreed with it.

I do however, agree with the line of thought regarding the long term viability vs short term profitability, and nobody seems to be arguing with me about THAT.

#85 iamunkle

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 77 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAUS

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

end of the day,

do you realy think the gold skin is going to be exclusive?

lol.

gold and silver paintjobs will be available soon enough,
and those with gold mechs will rage.

imagine the money to be made from the gold paintjobs from the masses?
and PGI is going to just...discard that idea?

just like the apparent "exclusive" hotrod pattern for phoenix mechs?
which is now available to everyone?

open your eyes guys.
this wont be an issue once gold is available for everyone soon after those gold mechs are released,
you'll have your 2 weeks of fame with the gold mechs just like we did with hotrod patterns.

#86 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

I wish I could be a mod sometimes. I would be deleting nonsensical posts left and right. It would be glorious.

Hot Rod pattern was never stated to be exclusive, just that you would get it for free. The rest? How is that tin foil hat working out for you? Is it itchy?

#87 iamunkle

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 77 posts
  • LocationAUS

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 08 January 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

I wish I could be a mod sometimes. I would be deleting nonsensical posts left and right. It would be glorious.

Hot Rod pattern was never stated to be exclusive, just that you would get it for free. The rest? How is that tin foil hat working out for you? Is it itchy?

*reveals finger*

=]

#88 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

I always enjoy Pariah's posts. ;)

#89 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostShaunbomb, on 08 January 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

for the record people hate goldmechs because they promote a form of revenue generation that does not provide the game developers with any reason to make the game any better than it already is or to add anything to the game that will increase the player base.

You mean no reason other than operating income to keep the lights on and keep paying staff salaries?

LOL, I wonder if you people even realize how ridiculous you sound.

#90 Tyberion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 204 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia, Terra.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

I do hope that somebody has been keeping track of everyone who's been bashing Gold Mechs just in case we find them piloting Gold Mechs later on ;)

#91 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

View PostNRP, on 01 January 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

I bought a gold mech and this is my first Mechwarrior game (well, technically I played MechAssault on the original Xbox, but but that was a looong time ago).

Same here I played mechassault 1 & 2. Xbox tags were Nighthawk001, Nighthawk 003, H3113N K3113R, **** n00b, xX Ski11z Xx, II WARHAMMER II, CORN FED S O B, current name is DAY AFT3R PILL.

#92 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

View PostTyberion, on 08 January 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

I do hope that somebody has been keeping track of everyone who's been bashing Gold Mechs just in case we find them piloting Gold Mechs later on ;)

I love that idea, a lot actually. Then we can take screenshots, put together a scrap book, and present it to the public. Except apparently name and shame is disapproved of by PGI. :D

Edit: That awkward moment when you are not even sure if you are being sarcastic or not. o_0

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 08 January 2014 - 06:42 PM.

#93 Tyberion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 08 January 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

I love that idea, a lot actually. Then we can take screenshots, put together a scrap book, and present it to the public. Except apparently name and shame is disapproved of by PGI. ;)

Edit: That awkward moment when you are not even sure if you are being sarcastic or not. o_0

It's something I thought of back when people were complaining about Project Phoenix, an awful lot of them ended up with Overlord Badges... :D

#94 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

One thing I noticed.. Clan 'founders' do not get a fancy forum badge.

#95 Tyberion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:17 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 08 January 2014 - 07:06 PM, said:

One thing I noticed.. Clan 'founders' do not get a fancy forum badge.

Right you are. I hadn't noticed that. I guess they'll have to give us Clan Faction badges though ;)

#96 Shaunbomb

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

View PostNRP, on 08 January 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

You mean no reason other than operating income to keep the lights on and keep paying staff salaries?

LOL, I wonder if you people even realize how ridiculous you sound.

"does not provide the game developers with any reason to make the game any better than it already is or to add anything to the game that will increase the player base."

Somehow you managed to read that as "Holy **** OMG I can't like totally believe the devs have the gall to charge anything for game content, like i should totally get everything for free"

What my statement is actually saying is that paying huge sums of money for insignificant content allows the devs to continue to do very little work while paying themselves salaries and keeping the lights on. It also doesn't provide them with a reason to make improvements to the game.

Nowhere in there did I suggest that they don't deserve revenue, as a matter of fact ive spent about 60-70 dollars on this game (about the cost of a new retail game) in the hopes that by supporting it i'd see it grow into something bigger. I was not debating that they deserve money, just how they are going about getting it and how their obvious attitudes about the F2P market bodes for gamers.

Oh, and for future reference, the most rediculous sounding people are the ones who misquote others, thus proving their terrible reading comprehension.

#97 Tyberion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

View PostShaunbomb, on 08 January 2014 - 07:20 PM, said:

"does not provide the game developers with any reason to make the game any better than it already is or to add anything to the game that will increase the player base."

Somehow you managed to read that as "Holy **** OMG I can't like totally believe the devs have the gall to charge anything for game content, like i should totally get everything for free"

What my statement is actually saying is that paying huge sums of money for insignificant content allows the devs to continue to do very little work while paying themselves salaries and keeping the lights on. It also doesn't provide them with a reason to make improvements to the game.

Nowhere in there did I suggest that they don't deserve revenue, as a matter of fact ive spent about 60-70 dollars on this game (about the cost of a new retail game) in the hopes that by supporting it i'd see it grow into something bigger. I was not debating that they deserve money, just how they are going about getting it and how their obvious attitudes about the F2P market bodes for gamers.

Oh, and for future reference, the most rediculous sounding people are the ones who misquote others, thus proving their terrible reading comprehension.

The Founder's Pack, Project Phoenix and now the Clan Collection. These packs are an annual affair, not an everyday occurrence. There is still plenty to buy for those unable or unwilling to spend big, Mechs, camo, cockpit items, premium time etc. But of course you don't have to buy anything and you can still enjoy this game. Don't want Gold Mechs? Don't buy them, but you're not going to convince anyone else not to buy because of your tin-foil hat theories about what they do or do not do with the money.

Also, for the record the most ridiculous sounding people are people that can't spell ridiculous.

#98 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostTyberion, on 08 January 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

Right you are. I hadn't noticed that. I guess they'll have to give us Clan Faction badges though ;)

Would be about ******* time. I would love to run my Clan Wolf colors. I get to watch everyone pick an Innersphere faction but us Clansmen/women have to wait over 2 years to run their colors.

#99 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Just imagine what it'll be like having a gold Kit Fox/Adder on your team zooming over the hill and straight through the enemy team - they'll be the squirrel to beat all squirrels! So come on - they'll be helping!

#100 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 08 January 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

Would be about ******* time. I would love to run my Clan Wolf colors. I get to watch everyone pick an Innersphere faction but us Clansmen/women have to wait over 2 years to run their colors.

Agreed. CGB may become Rasalhague Dominion. I would prefer to fly the Ghost Bear flag vs the FRR.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users