• Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:12 AM

View PostKin3ticX, on 09 July 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

New page
Where to Start? Suggested Beginners Skill/C-bill Pathway for Each Class

https://docs.google....g35ec86a5d_1180

I tried making the first CTF-4X build but it tells me not enough heatsinks to enter battle. The STD Engine 210 has 6 internal, with the double heatsink that should be 12 according to the guide but smurfy-net says it has 8 which you'd get if you did a 1.4 multiplier (8.4). Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

#42 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostNorlin, on 08 August 2014 - 05:12 AM, said:

I tried making the first CTF-4X build but it tells me not enough heatsinks to enter battle. The STD Engine 210 has 6 internal, with the double heatsink that should be 12 according to the guide but smurfy-net says it has 8 which you'd get if you did a 1.4 multiplier (8.4). Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Thats my mistake, fixed. I wondered how I fit so much ammo, :D. It only had 8 DHS installed.

for clafication, the 200-220 has 8, the 225-245 has 9, and 250+ has 10. 10 SHS or DHS min is a construction rule in the game. So in the invalid build you found only had the 8 within the STD 210 and I had to fit two more tons of heatsinks to fix it.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 08 August 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#43 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

I added extra details to the "heatsinks explained" page regarding the 10 heatsink construction rule and the maths. Not sure if the math charts help explain it because it gets confusing no matter how its sliced.

https://docs.google.....g263f6502b_123

#44 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

This guide was a great help for understanding the overall gameplay and essential tech! Thanks!

#45 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

For anyone wanting to know the difference between Smurfy's heat efficiency and MWO Heat MGMT......

This should be just what the doctor ordered.

https://docs.google....g3aa210652_5897

#46 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

Nice guide dude.

#47 Colby Boucher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 285 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:21 AM

This should be stickied. Made official, even.

#48 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:31 AM

With the arrival of the Dire Wolf for cbills, I have appropriately thrown a new page together
https://docs.google....g3b84f50f9_2910

I am going to refine the modules intro page. Perhaps I will sort them by new player priority

#49 shr0oms

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationR13ka

Posted 06 October 2014 - 02:29 AM

hi. as a new player i found this guide very helpfull and thank you very much for the effort.
but all of the sudden i cant open it anymore o.O i get "something went wrong. try reloging page" or something pop-up.
anybody know what is that all about?

EDIT:
ok nevermind.... i tried opening it on another computer and it works with no problems. i guess my main pc could use a c:\ format XD

Edited by shr0oms, 06 October 2014 - 04:58 AM.

#50 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:53 PM

its going to take me a while to update everything with this huge patch changing so much

Edited by Kin3ticX, 07 November 2014 - 10:04 PM.

#51 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:30 PM

With the quirk system here, I added a build for nearly every variant. I plan to go through again and look for errors.

#52 Asteraie

• Pip
  • Death Star
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:07 AM

Raven 3L Guide

A few Dire Wolf Builds killing stuff

#53 GuardianPhoenix

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:07 PM

I'm gonna be honest (and blunt). I've only played two games so far, and this guide failed to address the problems a new player has, in my personal opinion (so, for me).

It's bad practice to constantly use SO MANY acronyms when they're only defined once.

Fundamentally it failed to explain the key point of the game (in an easy to read, not clustered format).
Select a mech -> battle -> level up.
Yes, this IS covered in the tutorial, but there's a lot more IN the guide that could have quite easily been streamlined.

As a player who's been playing often you will often forget the many things that now seem common sense to you is complete babble to another.

"Where to Start? (Inner Sphere) Beginners Skill/C-bill Pathways"
This page to me was a complete mess and made no sense.

What Would like to know:
  • The things I NEED to know as a new player.

- Mech classes and roles.
    - Weapon classes and roles (without all the gibberish about packs and numbers, or at the very least minimise the gibberish)
  • How to then ADVANCE as a new player.

- How mechs level up /upgrade.
    - Upgrade routes. (Your explanation of the "inner sphere" left me completely baffled and bamboozled.)
  • Co-operative play with friends.

- Clans
    - Groups

You could also have improved the layout drastically on many of the pages and kept consistency~

I would like to point out that I don't beat around the bush, and am very blunt. I would equally like to point out that I appreciate the assistance you're giving to new players, and am simply pointing out how you can improve the delivery.

Edited by GuardianPhoenix, 10 November 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#54 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:01 PM

I will see what I can do. I don't get feedback from brand new players often so thank you.

Let me know how things are going as you continue to play.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 10 November 2014 - 07:29 PM.

#55 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:03 PM

View PostGuardianPhoenix, on 10 November 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

• - Mech classes and roles.

I haven't got to most of your conerns but how do you like this slide?

https://docs.google.....g4f32fbbd0_360

Edited by Kin3ticX, 10 November 2014 - 09:30 PM.

#56 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:55 PM

I'm gonna be honest (and blunt). I've only played two games so far, and this guide failed to address the problems a new player has, in my personal opinion (so, for me).

I stopped reading here.

Go play more. That's honestly the best way to learn how to play. Just two games isn't nearly enough. It took me dozens just to consistently get kills.

Edited by Lord Scarlett Johan, 10 November 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#57 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:00 AM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 10 November 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

I stopped reading here.

Go play more. That's honestly the best way to learn how to play. Just two games isn't nearly enough. It took me dozens just to consistently get kills.

Well, for the most part I was assuming that by the time a player comes across this guide they will have taken the game for a spin around the block. This is not always the case and some of it just winds up incomprehensible like with the above player. This is totally understandable.

I am also assuming that players know when they download a free-to-play that progress will be in some form of grinding for XP or gold and it will be based on their performance.

I will do what I can to make it friendlier but its a lot of work.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 11 November 2014 - 12:15 AM.

#58 W A R L O R D

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMy Direwolf

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:20 AM

this is outstanding

#59 W A R L O R D

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 116 posts
  • LocationMy Direwolf

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:58 AM

It's bad practice to constantly use SO MANY acronyms when they're only defined once.

Fundamentally it failed to explain the key point of the game (in an easy to read, not clustered format).
Select a mech -> battle -> level up.
Yes, this IS covered in the tutorial, but there's a lot more IN the guide that could have quite easily been streamlined.

As a player who's been playing often you will often forget the many things that now seem common sense to you is complete babble to another.

"Where to Start? (Inner Sphere) Beginners Skill/C-bill Pathways"
This page to me was a complete mess and made no sense.

What Would like to know:
  • The things I NEED to know as a new player.

- Mech classes and roles.
    - Weapon classes and roles (without all the gibberish about packs and numbers, or at the very least minimise the gibberish)
  • How to then ADVANCE as a new player.

- How mechs level up /upgrade.
    - Upgrade routes. (Your explanation of the "inner sphere" left me completely baffled and bamboozled.)
  • Co-operative play with friends.

- Clans
    - Groups

You could also have improved the layout drastically on many of the pages and kept consistency~

I would like to point out that I don't beat around the bush, and am very blunt. I would equally like to point out that I appreciate the assistance you're giving to new players, and am simply pointing out how you can improve the delivery.

BRO - You have no clue! - Do you have any idea the amount of time, resources, energy and EXPERTISE required to write something like this?? - Not to mention the HOURS and HOURS and HOURS of gameplay and the HOURS of testing in the "TESTING GROUNDS" to even undertake a task like this. Your candor, which you so eloquently take pride in, is completely overshadowed by your lack of appreciation. I think Brick Top said it best "If I throw a dog a bone, I dont want to know if it tastes good or not." In other words be appreciative that someone took the time to help you when they most certainly didnt NEED to. Again I dont beat around the bush and I'm very blunt...I'm simply pointing out how you can improve the delivery. - On another note, good luck, this is a really cool game with some really cool people. :)

Edited by W A R L O R D, 18 November 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#60 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:10 AM

I went through and made several changes to builds based on the numerous quirk changes on 12/9

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users