4831 replies to this topic

#3601 John Mechlane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBehind you...in a locust

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:45 AM

View Postloopala, on 18 January 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

as much as i like a good killing locust.....
to me the Yen Lo Wang will always be the Dirty Harry of the Mech World

No arguments there. My vid is only called Dirty Harry because of the music that plays in the background. Love that pic btw :D

#3602 Solahma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:38 AM

Never saw this thread before, video from over a year ago trying to find builds that worked well on the 1E

#3603 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:54 AM

Want more Locust? Here is more Locust.

#3604 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:54 AM

LOCUST LOVE!

#3605 Thor Sten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:02 AM

Posted this in the "Your Most Incredible Game"-Thread. It's been a while, but it was quite memorable. Thought you might like it. Sorry for my bad english.

View PostThor Sten, on 18 January 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

1. What was your ending damage? 892
2. Which mech was it in? Locust: Pirates Bane
3. Why was it incredible? Pickup Game. Caustic Valley. Battle was quite exiting, I'm glad I just dropped the enemy before me. Didn't think I could survive that confrontation, but yet, I somehow could keep going. I'm badly damaged, my CT is quite open and my MGs are out of ammo. Try to reach my buddies and realize I'm the last one standing. Thankfully, there's also just one enemy left. I get a glimpse of him in the northwest, near the raffinery. An relatively undamaged Dire Wolf. F#ck! I'm able to hit him quite often with my SPLs and pull back, before I get damaged to much, but even that takes it's toll. Somehow I made it to the raffinery, hiding under the pipes. Can't belive I even made it that far, my CT is deeply red. I can see the DW lurk, 15 meters away, but could only scratch his (quite undamaged) left leg, and that might give the oppoturnity to kill me. Can't get a good angle on him; don't dare to attack. Suddenly I notice: "I can hear Dead People" Posted Image Someone of the dead team whispers to me: "You've still got an artillery strike, dude" Posted Image

Placing the smoke signal under his foot and running east. When I hear the impact of the grenades, I turn around, going around the building to confront him. DW is looking in my direction, F#ck, but shaken as he is, he either doesn't see me or misses me and I can finish him off. Teamwork from beyound the grave Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Thor Sten, 19 January 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#3606 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

You ever have one of those matches where you do everything right and still lose because nobody listens? I hate those. I was in a conquest match on the LRM-er's wet dream that is the new map, and I was picking up caps. I wound up scouting an entire mixed heavy and assault lance way out of position from the rest of their team, which was fighting an ultimately successful delaying action against mine. I told them, "guys, you outnumber them. Push! I have a hard lock on india, so shoot missiles and push!" They did neither of these things. After the red team had taken all the caps, THEN they push, wreck the missile boats that had been troubling them, and lose the game on points.

What's the point of scouting if your team refuses to use your intel?

#3607 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:00 PM

For the new map's release, I bring you PIRATES' BANE Polar Highlands Special.

Now with more long-range fire for your favourite tiny mech!

Well, it is done now. ArcturusWolf -> Fox With A Shotgun.

-loads up SRM4x4- ....Wabbit season? No, it's CHEETAH SEASON!

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 19 January 2016 - 06:29 PM.

#3608 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 19 January 2016 - 02:00 PM, said:

For the new map's release, I bring you PIRATES' BANE Polar Highlands Special.

Now with more long-range fire for your favourite tiny mech!

Well, it is done now. ArcturusWolf -> Fox With A Shotgun.

-loads up SRM4x4- ....Wabbit season? No, it's CHEETAH SEASON!

LOL, I've been driving that build for a while on the PB. I got tired of the meh-ness of the lasers and went old-school Spider harasser.

#3609 loopala

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,242 posts
  • LocationDa UP of Mich

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:09 PM

after trying out the PB Polar Highlands Special on HOTH (i will not call the new map any other name) i decided to try out the littlest LRM dingy with 1125 tag but so far no HOTH

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7b5e0cbaf7ee269
but i did get a good game in the desert, with the wrong camo i mite add. which has always been a good stalk and spot map for the dingy

Posted Image

not as impressive as a game in the overlord build, but it is very rare i get a solo kill with nothing but a couple of LRM5s

Edited by loopala, 19 January 2016 - 08:11 PM.

#3610 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:00 AM

i've recently got the LCT-PB. i've averaged around 300K Cbills per match and 600 damage. it's felled two Atlas as well. God i love this little monster.

#3611 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 02:07 AM

Well, found a funky trick that I thought I should share.

You know those mechs with really low-slung arms? You -can- sort of help this by toggling Free Look.

Force the torso to look up as high as possible, toggle Free Look, and then look down. It's confusing at first, but it actually does raise the arms to about slightly lower than the original cockpit level if you're in a KFX or a Nova. Not sure about Centurions and the rest, but it's probably worth trying.

For Locusts, I think LCT arms are already high enough as it is, but there's probably other uses for it that I haven't found yet. Mechs with no lower arm actuators aren't as useful for this as those with hand + arm ones.

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 22 January 2016 - 02:08 AM.

#3612 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 06:17 PM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 22 January 2016 - 02:07 AM, said:

Well, found a funky trick that I thought I should share.

You know those mechs with really low-slung arms? You -can- sort of help this by toggling Free Look.

Force the torso to look up as high as possible, toggle Free Look, and then look down. It's confusing at first, but it actually does raise the arms to about slightly lower than the original cockpit level if you're in a KFX or a Nova. Not sure about Centurions and the rest, but it's probably worth trying.

For Locusts, I think LCT arms are already high enough as it is, but there's probably other uses for it that I haven't found yet. Mechs with no lower arm actuators aren't as useful for this as those with hand + arm ones.

You sir, are a mad genius. This is something I would never have even considered.

#3613 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:34 AM

View PostTim East, on 22 January 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

You sir, are a mad genius. This is something I would never have even considered.

Is this the new Cataphract meta?

I like 'em, but man those low-sling arms aren't EasyMode™.

Now with MechLimbo™, even Cataphract jocks can have that euphoric feeling feeling of hip-level ballistics that Atlas pilots enjoy. ;)

#3614 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:42 PM

Double-Posting for the sake of LCT enthusiasts.

The day has come: Locust Champion Build-N-Vote!

https://mwomercs.com...champion-build/

Go for it! :)

#3615 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:40 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 26 January 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

Double-Posting for the sake of LCT enthusiasts.

The day has come: Locust Champion Build-N-Vote!

https://mwomercs.com...champion-build/

Go for it! Posted Image

Just came here to do the same thing Posted Image

#3616 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:45 PM

I think the serious contenders here are the LCT-3M 5-SPL/ 4ML and the LCT-1E 6-SPL / 6-SL / 4-ML builds. 1V isn't a terribly intuitive (or marketable) thing for new Locust users, I think. They might look at the single LPL and laugh it off as a joke - despite what all of us here are aware of what monster it actually is.

#3617 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:44 PM

View PostFox With A Shotgun, on 26 January 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

I think the serious contenders here are the LCT-3M 5-SPL/ 4ML and the LCT-1E 6-SPL / 6-SL / 4-ML builds. 1V isn't a terribly intuitive (or marketable) thing for new Locust users, I think. They might look at the single LPL and laugh it off as a joke - despite what all of us here are aware of what monster it actually is.

3M is still outclassed by the 1e. I think it would be unfortunate if the 3m beat out the 1e as champion. Although that would let the 1e be the "third wheel" in the mastery bundle which wouldn't be bad :)

#3618 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:17 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 26 January 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

3M is still outclassed by the 1e. I think it would be unfortunate if the 3m beat out the 1e as champion. Although that would let the 1e be the "third wheel" in the mastery bundle which wouldn't be bad Posted Image

GMan's post with the 5ML version of the LCT-1E makes a world of sense for a trial mech. It's a nice, steady and sufficiently-optimized 1E build for poke-and-run. Folks can try it this way, fall in love with the chassis, then buy one and try more exotic builds.

Would I like it as the 3rd Wheel? You bet'cha!

But let's be honest with ourselves. LCT-1E is the Champion we need and the Champion we deserve ;)

#3619 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:59 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 26 January 2016 - 10:17 PM, said:

But let's be honest with ourselves. LCT-1E is the Champion we need and the Champion we deserve Posted Image

Pretty much what I'm thinking. Though I remember some folks posting 1S, and 3S builds in this thread (with great results I might add) that made me pause in awe.

Also, welcome to the many pilots who joined us in the season of Locust Love, XD.

#3620 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:27 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 26 January 2016 - 10:17 PM, said:

But let's be honest with ourselves. LCT-1E is the Champion we need and the Champion we deserve Posted Image

Yes, that was the point I was trying to make :) Mastery pack should be PB, 1E Champion, and 1V. They should have just come here and asked us what the champion should be, some of the suggestions on the official thread are pretty terrible Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users